NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know if they’re still sending interview invites
yes, NYU traditionally sends a ton of invites (well, along with UDM)
through late spring generally

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please do not go to this school. 800k+ for dental school is insanity

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else not seeing their admissions representative on the NYU portal anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m saying did anyone get accepted with a 19aa this year? U both are confusing me lmao

I’m saying did anyone get accepted with a 19aa this year? U both are confusing me lmao
I don’t think anything is confusing from what @D1Bound is trying to say. @D1Bound is trying to say that’s it’s not worth applying to this school because of the insane tuition. You are not listening to what @D1Bound has to say. You will literally spend your entire life paying back a massive loan.

Reactions: 1 user
Take this negativity to a different forum then. NYU is a great school still.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Take this negativity to a different forum then. NYU is a great school still.
everyone is entitled to an opinion.
no one except the owners/moderators get to decide what people can post...

Reactions: 1 users
Here is my take on NYU as an NYU grad.

It's absolutely manageable given the right conditions, mainly determined by *you*.

NYU is definitely manageable if you are from NY and can commute from home without having to deal with living expenses in Manhattan. That's about 3-4k less per month.

NYU trains its students quite well with a large pool of faculties and patients. If you work hard and build your skill and confidence while you work in the clinic of NYU, you can start off working well right after graduation. Many of my friends who I graduated with are making 300k+. We were blessed to have amazing faculties who were passionate to teach and we each saw as many patients as possible in the clinic, sometimes up to 9-10 per day, as that's what we paid more to do. That may not be as accessible for other schools.

I have about... 575k student loans from NYU now. I make about 400k a year as a recent grad. It's not bad at all. If I live frugally, I can definitely pay that off well within 10 years. Hell, maybe even 5.

If you work hard enough and find yourself in right positions, you will not be stuck as an average earner. However, that's not to say that someone from other schools could not do it: it'll just take more time. If you thrive to be an average, then maybe NYU is not the right choice.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Here is my take on NYU as an NYU grad.

It's absolutely manageable given the right conditions, mainly determined by *you*.

NYU is definitely manageable if you are from NY and can commute from home without having to deal with living expenses in Manhattan. That's about 3-4k less per month.

NYU trains its students quite well with a large pool of faculties and patients. If you work hard and build your skill and confidence while you work in the clinic of NYU, you can start off working well right after graduation. Many of my friends who I graduated with are making 300k+. We were blessed to have amazing faculties who were passionate to teach and we each saw as many patients as possible in the clinic, sometimes up to 9-10 per day, as that's what we paid more to do. That may not be as accessible for other schools.

I have about... 575k student loans from NYU now. I make about 400k a year as a recent grad. It's not bad at all. If I live frugally, I can definitely pay that off well within 10 years. Hell, maybe even 5.

If you work hard enough and find yourself in right positions, you will not be stuck as an average earner. However, that's not to say that someone from other schools could not do it: it'll just take more time. If you thrive to be an average, then maybe NYU is not the right choice.

400k as a recent grad, why would that take you that long to pay off

Is anyone still waiting? Or is it time to lose hope and prepare to reapply…😣

Reactions: 1 users
Dang must be living like a king

It’s not as simple as making 400k and putting it towards your 600k debt immediately to be down to 200k debt. Monthly payments pile on top of room and board and general living costs, many dentists don’t pay their loans off for 10-25 years. That’s just how it works

Health insurance, mortgage, mal practice insurance, life insurance, car payment, federal tax/property tax. Prepare to get soaked.

Eh.

I support two homes: my parents and mine. After taxes, about 40%, and all other expenses, it leaves me with less than 100k. Yes, it'll take a couple of years.

• Care
Are they going to send more interviews? Its been SILENCE since I applied.

Just fyi, the quality of dental education isn’t that great here. For those who just got accepted, I would reconsider.

Accepted off the waitlist too. Best of luck to everyone!

What is your plan as prospective NYU students to pay off your student loans?