NYU housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rocky21 said:
Hey I am planning on attending NYU this Fall and was wondering if someone else is looking for a roomate. Im going to be staying at 26th Street Apts for the year. I dont party at all and am East Indian. I will be visiting NY in June from the 7th-11th. I could meet up with you and get to know you before orientation arrives in August.

Also, which loans are preferred out of the following:
1) Citibank Loan
2) Sallie Mae Loan

Any thoughts or recommendations???????????

hey Rocky21,

welcome to the NYU batch..
can u tell me how much is rent for apt on 26st.?
I will be visiting NYC in may end for checking apt...
is there anyone else who is during same date?
Also It depends on ur current visa status if u r taking loans...
I am taking loan through citibank...
n partying some times is ok.!! :laugh:

take care
Pooja

Members don't see this ad.

dr_smiley said:
hey organic,
school housing(26th street) is $7040 per person sharing a 2 bed room dorm for 4.5 months so u do the math....it is not 1150...that is for off campus.
so sf is still cheaper.
plus additonal for parking if u have a car.min $500 per month.
:eek:
:eek:
who would live on campus then?

Hi,
I am looking at different options at NYU too, and am interested in ON-Campus housing for the 1st year.
I am getting a bit confused about rates. The rates mentioned at the NYU web-site is different for ON-Campus housing than mentioned in this thread. Here?s the link, and the page does say 2004-2005.
http://www.nyu.edu/housing/payments/gradroomrates.html

I will be visiting NY on May 21st. While there, I would like to check off-campus housing alternatives too. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to check for off-campus housing, while I am there? Also, if any body is interested to meet me in person, please send me a private mail.

Thanks,
Dr. AM.

Members don't see this ad :)
poojagulaya said:
Rocky21 said:
hey Rocky21,

welcome to the NYU batch..
can u tell me how much is rent for apt on 26st.?
I will be visiting NYC in may end for checking apt...
is there anyone else who is during same date?
Also It depends on ur current visa status if u r taking loans...
I am taking loan through citibank...
n partying some times is ok.!! :laugh:

take care
Pooja

Hey Pooja, I will be in NYC from June 7th-11th. I will be checking out housing and the area around NYUCD. Let me know if you want to meet up with me and another NYUCD 1st year. We are both checking the place out. As far as my visa goes, I am a US citizen, with that being said, which loan would be better? Like the one that avoids more hidden charges etc. and be better in the long run? Thanks :)

Rocky

hi guys im new on this site. i think that i could be of some help. I am a foreign trained dentist and living in brooklyn . 20 min from manhatten . its a very nice neighbour hood. i have a studio app . with all the need ac/cable/laundry/kitchen/hot n cold water bathroom/ telephone.

its in very busy neighbour hood with alot of desi restaurants and also fast food shop. just 3 blocks from train station so commute is not a problem..

I can accomodate one of u guys for short term or long term lease. the rent will b 404/month . as im paying 808/month. the only reason for me to get an app was that i am also planing to get adm in NYU. next yr . so i needed a place near to the college and also not very expensive and safe neighbourhood.

its very close to the beach so u can always go there with ur books thats my way of studying.

so any of u guys interested plz get back to me asap. as i need a roommate from june 1st . thankyou and best of luck to u all

hi guys im new on this site. i think that i could be of some help. I am a foreign trained dentist and living in brooklyn . 20 min from manhatten . its a very nice neighbour hood. i have a studio app . with all the need ac/cable/laundry/kitchen/hot n cold water bathroom/ telephone.

its in very busy neighbour hood with alot of desi restaurants and also fast food shop. just 3 blocks from train station so commute is not a problem..

I can accomodate one of u guys for short term or long term lease. the rent will b 404/month . as im paying 808/month. the only reason for me to get an app was that i am also planing to get adm in NYU. next yr . so i needed a place near to the college and also not very expensive and safe neighbourhood.

its very close to the beach so u can always go there with ur books thats my way of studying.

so any of u guys interested plz get back to me asap. as i need a roommate from june 1st . thankyou and best of luck to u all

my email is [email protected]

muscan said:
Hello Everyone,

I have rented an Apartment in Newport, NJ. Towers at Newport on the Gold Coast. Jersey City, NJ 07310. Its a Deluxe One Bedroom- 900 Sqft. with a Den. ( Apt Rental office calls it a Jr 2 Bedroom ).
I signed a 6 month lease starting August 1st. (can move in a 3-4 days earlier).

Apt Rent - $1595/Mth + Utilities. (Gas& water Included. Electricity - roughly 70 -100 $ a mth ).
(We can choose to split the rent and utilities.)

Just listing a few features , I have verified personally. Links at the bottom to verify apt details , location and convenience of commute.

24-hour doorman/concierge
Child care center
Minutes to NYC , less than 3 min walk from Path.(pavonia ave path station)
Direct access to Holland Tunnel & NJ Turnpike Routes 1 & 9
Ferry service
Steps from Newport Centre Mall
Department stores & boutiques. Shoprite and BJs less than 2 min away.
Ferry services avail. for 38th St. & Battery Park

Address & map of the actual apartment.
30 Newport Pkwy, Jersey City, NJ 07310.
Click for Map of the Apartment.

Click the Next link, Select Residencies and then Residential towers for a feel of the location, apartment detail etc.
http://newportnj.com/

Click for Path Map. Pavonia avenue is 3 stops from 23rd st. First Stop in NJ comin from NY. http://www.panynj.gov/path/pathmap.pdf

Important Details:

Seeking a female only to share the apartment. I am married and have a child. Child will be in India till December and will join me in december along with a grand parent. So for the first 4 months , it will be just us 2 females. And then 3 of my family(Myself , the child and the grandparent) and you from december. The apartment is HUGE, we can arrange things the way we choose to and share it how its good . I d like to split the apartment rent and untilities for the first 4 months. And then share depending on how we choose to share the apartment.

214 476 7941 - Mobile
hey thanks for the detail information.

regards

ketu

Hi everyone,

Could u all plz tell me whether anyone of u who got into nyu this year got a percentage less than 84% in nbde 1

plz let me know.

thanks.

Hi,

I will be attending NYUCD this Aug as an ASP. I have visited NYC a couple of times & have decided to stay offcampus because i felt the housing given by NYU is too expensive & also heard a lot of drawbacks from NYU students.I have found an apartment walkable distance from the college, 2 bedrooms,24 hr security,very neat & spacious with even a gym. If anyone is looking for an apartment to share please P.M me. I just cant wait to start college life again!

Hi guys..

i m back from india now.. searching an apartment in ny/nj area..
Reamer can u pl. tell me exactly in which area u rented an apartment and how much u'll gonna pay per month and does it include parking,ac,hot water,laundry etc...

DIA