NYU Med, Class of 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah, i only got loans too. ugh. and i am pretty sure they never told us to submit that tax info, but maybe i was just being negligent.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you see your packages? I want to see mine.

yeah, i only got loans too. ugh. and i am pretty sure they never told us to submit that tax info, but maybe i was just being negligent.
yeah I'm sure they never told me to submit it. I asked them repeatedly if anything besides the FAFSA was necessary, and it was never emailed or sent in the letter. Sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I'm sure they never told me to submit it. I asked them repeatedly if anything besides the FAFSA was necessary, and it was never emailed or sent in the letter. Sigh.
It turns out I still need to send them a copy of my tax returns as well.

i think we all need to... Did you guys get anything in the mail about financial aid since the initial letter giving us our id's?

i think we all need to... Did you guys get anything in the mail about financial aid since the initial letter giving us our id's?
Nope that is all I got, then again I haven't sent them tax forms.

i guess im just antsy.. lol

At least you did not sent your FAFSA stuff to the wrong NYU school code and now have to wait even longer to see your aid package.

I guess that I should follow directions better (but come on. why isn't the NYU Med School code used for the NYU Med School, haha).

At least you did not sent your FAFSA stuff to the wrong NYU school code and now have to wait even longer to see your aid package.

I guess that I should follow directions better (but come on. why isn't the NYU Med School code used for the NYU Med School, haha).
oh but i did! and i got an email chastising me for not following directions. :(

i got a big envelope from NYU today!! it tells me about health forms and housing and orientation and computer specs and what kind of stethoscope i need to buy!!! WHooooo!! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
same here. Likely withdrawing :(

Good luck everyone :luck:

Unfortunately I'm thinking about that too. Prices of nyc + private school tuition may be too overwhelming. :idea:

Unfortunately I'm thinking about that too. Prices of nyc + private school tuition may be too overwhelming. :idea:
did toher schools really give you much better aid? the only other fin aid package I got was from downstate and it wasnt better ...

Do we need to accept these amounts right now? without necessarily committing?

did toher schools really give you much better aid? the only other fin aid package I got was from downstate and it wasnt better ...
The same holds true for me

Last edited:
question for NYU students (or anyone who knows): In the letter from NYU they said that we will need to provide ourselves with a stethoscope, medical tuning fork and something else i think. I want to get my stethoscope kind of early so Im wondering if there is any discount when you buy it at the school store during orientation or anything of that nature?

question for NYU students (or anyone who knows): In the letter from NYU they said that we will need to provide ourselves with a stethoscope, medical tuning fork and something else i think. I want to get my stethoscope kind of early so Im wondering if there is any discount when you buy it at the school store during orientation or anything of that nature?

no rush on your steth... they have some during orientation week that are cheaper( think its a lithman or soemthing) and I have used mine a total of one time - and that was being vain and seeing how it looked with my white coat. cya all at second look :)

Has anyone received any more news about second look? Where to meet for dinner? What restaurants we have be assigned to? It starts in two days and I want to know when to leave work Thurs evening.
Can't wait to meet you all!

oh nyu, why are you so ungenerous with financial aid???? :(
I won't be going to second look. Everyone else, have fun!!! NYU is a great school... expensive, but great.

i havent received anything either about second look.. :(

finally got something about second look! lol see whoever's coming tomorrow at 630ish!! :)

revisit was awesome!!!!! and so was blockheads :)

Alright, I was thinking about withdrawing because of cost, but that revisit convinced me otherwise. I think I'm nyc bound. :thumbup:

Aside from that, anyone have any insights on this direct loan business? I know we got an email about it this morning, but I'm still a bit confused. Is this going on at every medical school or just NYU?

Oh, anyone else by chance going to loan out their entire education? I am and I feel all by myself here...:(

Oh, anyone else by chance going to loan out their entire education? I am and I feel all by myself here...:(

I don't think you're alone on this one.

hey guys, posted this in premed forum. but basically i think my friend is faking an acceptance 2 nyu. i dont wanna directly ask her. but do you guys know neway i can expose her without humuliating her. ne questions i can ask. she already said that she attended a minority second look, but i dont think yall have one right? wasnt your revisit this past weeknd? nehting else like that jus so i can confirm

me too...and financial aid told me that less than 25% of students at nyu get scholarships so unless parents are funding everyone else, looks like we'll all be in debt.

hey guys, posted this in premed forum. but basically i think my friend is faking an acceptance 2 nyu. i dont wanna directly ask her. but do you guys know neway i can expose her without humuliating her. ne questions i can ask. she already said that she attended a minority second look, but i dont think yall have one right? wasnt your revisit this past weeknd? nehting else like that jus so i can confirm

I am pretty sure they had an African American and Latino social gathering the Friday night of second look, so that could be what she was referring to.

I am pretty sure they had an African American and Latino social gathering the Friday night of second look, so that could be what she was referring to.

doubt it. she made it seem like she went 2 a completely seperate revisit. she was here at the bars all weekend...

at any rate...dont bother answering bcuz i got uber flamed in the pre-allo forum and quite frankly im over it...congrats 2 u all!

i didnt get to go to second look. did they mention what our class schedule will be like next yr?

I didnt get to go to second look either. Did they give you guys any cool stuff? Or more info packets about NYU? Alon said he would be sending me some info, but I have yet to receive anything...

I didnt get to go to second look either. Did they give you guys any cool stuff? Or more info packets about NYU? Alon said he would be sending me some info, but I have yet to receive anything...
we also got mugs and decalslol

we also got mugs and decalslol
WTF! I want a mug! I was just thinking the other day how I wanted an NYU mug now.

I wish I could afford second look

WTF! I want a mug! I was just thinking the other day how I wanted an NYU mug now.

I wish I could afford second look
too expensive of a trip?

maybe we'll get more goodies come orientation :)

i applied for an apartment in the NYU area with my SO on friday. hopefulyl we'll get it but damn its expensive!! I wonder if theres anyway to increase my loans?

i applied for an apartment in the NYU area with my SO on friday. hopefulyl we'll get it but damn its expensive!! I wonder if theres anyway to increase my loans?
I was just wondering this. I really don't want to put up with communal bathrooms and a closet in Rubin, but it looks like that's the only thing I can do with a measly 10,000 a year for housing in the budget.

I was just wondering this. I really don't want to put up with communal bathrooms and a closet in Rubin, but it looks like that's the only thing I can do with a measly 10,000 a year for housing in the budget.

well you can do that, or I heard there is a beautiful alley nearby with top-notch cardboard boxes... this tuition is going to sting.

Do you guys know when the deadline is for submitting the housing app and deposit?

I am not sure, but the first year that gave me a tour of Rubin during second look told me that those who submit their housing forms first are more likely to receive their first choice.

hey i hope everyone enjoyed the second look. btw. does anyone know if theres a deadline to accept our financial aid package?

Hey guys, I didn't get to go to second look...did you get to see a match list for this year? If you did, how does it look?

Hey guys, I didn't get to go to second look...did you get to see a match list for this year? If you did, how does it look?
i dont remember where i put it, but i seemto remember it looking pretty excellent. but it was all either east coast with heavy density in NY, PA, and around or California. There were very few if any people who went anywhere in the rest of the country, if that matters to you.

I have it. PM me and I will send it to you.

Dear Class of 2013,
I am a graduating 4th year and would like to sell some first year books for super cheap. If you are in Manhattan any time before May 31, you're welcome to come by and check out what I've got. The list of books is below. All of the books below, with the exception of clinically oriented anatomy, are books that you will absolutely need. I just happened to use that anatomy book more than most. Prices are negotiable. You can reach me by e-mail at [email protected] or my phone at 732-887-9603. Good luck!
Thanks,
Nick
Lippincott's Biochemistry $5
Clinically oriented anatomy $15
BRS Physiology, Costanzo $10 (yellow case book)
Renal Physiology, Vander $5
Principles of Medical Genetics, $5
Costanzo physiology text, $15

Did I fail at getting a big envelope with housing information? and etc...i feel like I didn't get this envelope for some reason..anyone else?