nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sk678

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any more opinions on this program....thank you for the one that i got so far!

?quality of the program, ? the fellowships? how easy it is to get a fellowship from there to their own programs??
thanxxxx

Members don't see this ad.

Second tier program in NYC, but it seems that their seniors have pretty good luck with getting fellowships at first tier programs in NYC. If I remember, an EEG heavy program, and many people are from the NY area.

In terms of fellowship opps, etc., in NY, you're generally better off at Columbia, Cornell, Sinai, or Einstein.

tofurious said:
Second tier program in NYC, but it seems that their seniors have pretty good luck with getting fellowships at first tier programs in NYC. If I remember, an EEG heavy program, and many people are from the NY area.

NYU is a tier three program. Many US grads who want a NYC program interview, but very few US grads in the program in the last few years. Mediocre didactics. Role of residents seems less desirable during Tisch hospital rotations. Well known as an Epilepsy factory. Neurophysiology training program is heavy on self-teaching, but high case volume.