Nyucd ap class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone is good..dell..hp..mac..many have an i pad and find it very very useful and handy...

thanq

Members don't see this ad.

the first loan amount is disbursed on august/september and the second disbursement is in Jan

Appu are you sure? During the summer session 5000 is all we have to pay? Suppose if I take a little longer to work out the cosigner thing say well past June, would it still be OK?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any sort of payment schedule for tuition?

Appu are you sure? During the summer session 5000 is all we have to pay? Suppose if I take a little longer to work out the cosigner thing say well past June, would it still be OK?

well whatever information I share here is however things happened with me in school...they had given us a summer tuition with a due date...but the loans got disbursed only in august/sept and then in jan...you guys are on FB group of 2015 ..you could verify with the other students there :)

well whatever information I share here is however things happened with me in school...they had given us a summer tuition with a due date...but the loans got disbursed only in august/sept and then in jan...you guys are on FB group of 2015 ..you could verify with the other students there :)
No Sir, I have total trust in you. Just wanted to make sure that some word play was not playing tricks on my thick skull.

:) well I understand your concern and would strongly suggest getting a second opinion on this from some other student... :)

:) well I understand your concern and would strongly suggest getting a second opinion on this from some other student... :)
I have a question about living. How is the area around Washington heights?

dumb question-do we wear scrubs or need to tk more formal clothing? :D

:idea:

Hi,,
is anybody interested in living with a host lady?
I know this very nice lady who i used to live with for 4 months when i was in ny.
you get to have a room and a private bathroom in a well-secured tower in manhattan, 3rd avenue and 92nd st.
with laundry and gym inside the building and wireless internet access,,
she is very nice and most of the weekends away at her grandchildren,,
pls pm me if ur interested,, i believe the rent will be around1000/month, internet and utility is included ,, if you agree to stay for a year or more

dumb question-do we wear scrubs or need to tk more formal clothing? :D

:idea:

you can wear either...based on your comfort...for the first few days when you dont have lab you can come in formals or casuals..

@DrPak..the listed laptops are not mandatory..you can have any laptop of your liking...viao..samsung anything whatever you like...

@aiming and ray10..the total 1st year fees would be around 75k...

Hey appu , thank you so much for your consistent replies. I had a doubt regarding the I20 form application.
In the application they ask us about financial information in a column. wher you havto mention the source of your fees. is it necessary to fill in the second column which states future fee sources. I'm confused as we apply for only the first year's loan at a time. how can we show sources for future years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well me and few friends called the office regarding this..The answer to it doesnt make much sense , but it is what it is... They said "Write the aggregate of the next 2 year fees there, like if its 88k for one year ... So there you have to write 88 + 88.. Add them and write there " .. And no , you dont have to show any proof for this money.. As they say, its just to make us guys known to the fact that we have to pay this much for next 2 years.. Funny yeah !! lol... Hope it helped !
Hey appu , thank you so much for your consistent replies. I had a doubt regarding the I20 form application.
In the application they ask us about financial information in a column. wher you havto mention the source of your fees. is it necessary to fill in the second column which states future fee sources. I'm confused as we apply for only the first year's loan at a time. how can we show sources for future years.

Any success on finding a good area to reside from where commute is easy apart from those discussed like journal square?

Well me and few friends called the office regarding this..The answer to it doesnt make much sense , but it is what it is... They said "Write the aggregate of the next 2 year fees there, like if its 88k for one year ... So there you have to write 88 + 88.. Add them and write there " .. And no , you dont have to show any proof for this money.. As they say, its just to make us guys known to the fact that we have to pay this much for next 2 years.. Funny yeah !! lol... Hope it helped !

Thanks buddy. that helped.

Congratulations to all of you joining NYUCD Class of 2015.
I am currently a D2 student, and looking for a female room-mate to share with me. The place is very close to the school (5 min walking distance from school).

Details: 1 Room per person, rent ~$900 per person.
If you are interested and serious, please contact me via email at [email protected]

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any success on finding a good area to reside from where commute is easy apart from those discussed like journal square?

In the same boat here. I'm also trying to find a place. I'm looking in Astoria, sunnyside and forest hill. But no luck. Really want to find a nice apartment in sunnyside.

Hello Friends, Please help me in undersatanding tution bill payment..
Here are my doubts...
Question 1
- My approved loan from bank is 70,000. My fall semester fees is 46000 and then there will be fees additional in December also. My question is –will my bank pay school in two installments.
when approving the total loan disbursement would school be including both fall & spring fees? Would they also be letting Bank to disperse $ 46,000 now and remaining in December?
- What'll be the estimate of Spring fees?
- Lastly, in Private Loan Self Certification form, what amount should I enter in section 2 A. "Student's cost of attendance for the period of enrollment covered by the loan"
-As per their website, estimate of instruments and books is around $5000 but in the estimate given recently, it comes out to be $10,468 + $2100=$12568.So, does it vary so much?
-Also, as we have already paid $5000 to reserve the spot in school, will they deduct from tution bill and do we have to pay $41,000 or $46,000

Please help in understanding this.Very much confused..:confused:

Hey friends, can you please help me out for F1 visa? I am currently on F2 visa and am planning to convert to F1 visa by travelling to home country because the school said I need to show them the status by May 15. Do anyone know who has converted from F2 to F1 by going to their home country. I would like to know what questions does the visa officer ask? Please anyone kindly help me out.

Hi guys...sorry was a away for a while..busy with exam preps..so just wanted to let you all know..once your loan is approved and sanctioned don't worry about how the tuition is going to get deducted..school send dates to the bank as to when and how much to disburse and yes 5000 you paid will be deducted from your tuition.Just join the school and have blast for the next 3 yrs. look forward to seeing you all soon.

vital book is a software which has all the text books you need..

Hi guys...sorry was a away for a while..busy with exam preps..so just wanted to let you all know..once your loan is approved and sanctioned don't worry about how the tuition is going to get deducted..school send dates to the bank as to when and how much to disburse and yes 5000 you paid will be deducted from your tuition.Just join the school and have blast for the next 3 yrs. look forward to seeing you all soon.

Thanks appu. Best of luck with the exams

Just to let you know that u better be there to let us know that who is the face behind the help. ;-)

hehe sure I will be there..infact I am one of the AP peer mentor so will be meeting all of you pretty soon

Hey Appu, Thanks for the reply and thank you for being always there.
Yes, we want to meet you very soon.:)

Hi,
A quick question about the physicalcheckup form,is it there on the NYU website or we need just the general form which the doctor has.

Did anybody apply for FAFSA.I did and they are giving maximum $20500 in stafford loans.is this amount same for everybody??

Hi,
A quick question about the physicalcheckup form,is it there on the NYU website or we need just the general form which the doctor has.

Did anybody apply for FAFSA.I did and they are giving maximum $20500 in stafford loans.is this amount same for everybody??
There is a link in the email you rcvd with your NYU ID number, you need to click on that and you will be able to access the health and immunization forms.

Hi,

Usually that is the maximum from stafford loan. Graduate plus loans cover the remaining amount if I am not wrong. Did u hear from college about the loan? I have been waiting for them to call.

Hai,
I would like to know if I can study with EAD status in NYU?

I did get a mail today about fees but they have written for students applying for FAFSA they would provide us with more instructions.

Greetings,has anyone been able to secure a private loan? Kindly let us know what bank and what is the percentage?

Hey did anyone get Any email from nyucd after completing and submitting fafsa???
If tution fees is due for may 1st how we are gonna pay it if we didnt hear anything from nyucd financial aid office?
Plz help !

Hello guys congratulations on your acceptance! Iam on waitlist. Can you guys let me know what was the last date for deposit amount? Do you think I should wait to hear from NYU before applying to next years cycle? When do they start accepting waitlisted candidates? It's getting late now what do you guys suggest?

The last date is may 1st and I would say just wait till then before you apply. I believe that u might get a call. I really hope so. Best of luck

Thanks Dr Pak, i have another question. I dont know if you are aware of the changes that would be made to FAFSA loans starting from July 1, 2012 but it seems it might be better to go through private loans than the FAFSA as the interest on FAFSA loans will be going up to 6.8%, the interest will start accruing as soon as the loan is disbursed and the origination fee on the loan will be paid solely by the student. If you are saying that RBC gives 3%, dont you think they are a better route to take?

Thanks Dr Pak, i have another question. I dont know if you are aware of the changes that would be made to FAFSA loans starting from July 1, 2012 but it seems it might be better to go through private loans than the FAFSA as the interest on FAFSA loans will be going up to 6.8%, the interest will start accruing as soon as the loan is disbursed and the origination fee on the loan will be paid solely by the student. If you are saying that RBC gives 3%, dont you think they are a better route to take?

I can apply for the Loan in us. I am Canadian so I have to apply here for loans. Here at local banks students get line of credit as private loans with 3 % interest rate which is the prime rate of bank of Canada and it's not compound interest and one has to pay the minimum interest every month but no principle is deducted. I would go for a loan in which my interest is deducted every month rather that compound interest. Government loans are always better then private caz it includes some grants as well. And they give u a bit of leeway but the problem is with their slow process where as private loans are time saving. Hope it helps.

Hey DrPak45.
U said u are from Canada. My question to you is how long did it take you to get your F1 visa.

Canadian citizens don't have to get visa. We apply for I -20 and once we get it we go to the border and they stamp it. I called the office and they told me that I might get it this week. It has already been 4 weeks and now I am in my 5 th week of waiting.

Canadian citizens don't have to get visa. We apply for I -20 and once we get it we go to the border and they stamp it. I called the office and they told me that I might get it this week. It has already been 4 weeks and now I am in my 5 th week of waiting.

I am Canadian PR. So it must be different for me. Which office did u call.

Interest rate on private loan is variable that means it can increase up to no maximum limit. Due to recession it is low now but it may increase after 5-10 years. While Federal loan has fix interest rate. Hope this helps.

Interest rate on private loan is variable that means it can increase up to no maximum limit. Due to recession it is low now but it may increase after 5-10 years. While Federal loan has fix interest rate. Hope this helps.

I agree but when u see the interest rates going up you can change the variable rate and make it fixed. You just have to ask from the bank wether they do that or not. You can do it with mortgages but I'm not sure about student loans.

I am Canadian PR. So it must be different for me. Which office did u call.

I called nyu oiss office and there number is
Tel: (212) 998-4720
They are the ones who deal with our visa process. Once you receive your I -20 form you will call US consulate and for someone on pr card their web site says that it takes one day to get student visa so don't worry. You have to call them as soon as you get your I-20 and book appointment. Take all the documents like acceptance letter and financial statements etc. All they want to make sure is that the person will leave USA after finishing school so make sure you prove that in the interview that you have family here in Canada and you plan to come back and Practice here not in USA. There process is really fast. You will inshahAllah defiantly get it and very soon. Best of luck. Check their web site to find the nearest location or call their help line to know the process time before hand.

I called nyu oiss office and there number is
Tel: (212) 998-4720
They are the ones who deal with our visa process. Once you receive your I -20 form you will call US consulate and for someone on pr card their web site says that it takes one day to get student visa so don't worry. You have to call them as soon as you get your I-20 and book appointment. Take all the documents like acceptance letter and financial statements etc. All they want to make sure is that the person will leave USA after finishing school so make sure you prove that in the interview that you have family here in Canada and you plan to come back and Practice here not in USA. There process is really fast. You will inshahAllah defiantly get it and very soon. Best of luck. Check their web site to find the nearest location or call their help line to know the process time before hand.

Thanks Drpak45 . Amen