O-Chem Question - study biochem lab techniques, carbohydrates & amino acids?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

so I am currently studying for the organic chemistry section of the DAT, and I was wondering if the DAT includes the topic of biochemistry laboratory techniques, carbohydrates and amino acids. Also, am I expected to know the frequency values for H-NMR and C-NMR? I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

-Dentalist

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
hey guys,

so I am currently studying for the organic chemistry section of the DAT, and I was wondering if the DAT includes the topic of biochemistry laboratory techniques, carbohydrates and amino acids. Also, am I expected to know the frequency values for H-NMR and C-NMR? I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

-Dentalist[/QUOTE

dont worry about it. just know IR 1700 carbonyl and 3400 OH broad band

Actually there was a couple questions on this on my Organic DAT..which really sucked.. but DEFINATELY know H NMR and how to determine how many peaks will be present.. that is a definite..and remember those IR areas..and also most importantly remember the amino acids at neutral pH,acid, and base..that was on my test too.. I know,, i couldnt believe that crap either..