O-Chem Question - study biochem lab techniques, carbohydrates & amino acids?

Dentalist

carpe diem
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
  1. Attending Physician
    hey guys,

so I am currently studying for the organic chemistry section of the DAT, and I was wondering if the DAT includes the topic of biochemistry laboratory techniques, carbohydrates and amino acids. Also, am I expected to know the frequency values for H-NMR and C-NMR? I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

-Dentalist

caroochy

Bigger than yours
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 20, 2005
    1. Pre-Dental
      Dentalist said:
      hey guys,

so I am currently studying for the organic chemistry section of the DAT, and I was wondering if the DAT includes the topic of biochemistry laboratory techniques, carbohydrates and amino acids. Also, am I expected to know the frequency values for H-NMR and C-NMR? I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

-Dentalist[/QUOTE

dont worry about it. just know IR 1700 carbonyl and 3400 OH broad band

Zabispurs

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jan 27, 2006
      1. Pre-Dental
        Actually there was a couple questions on this on my Organic DAT..which really sucked.. but DEFINATELY know H NMR and how to determine how many peaks will be present.. that is a definite..and remember those IR areas..and also most importantly remember the amino acids at neutral pH,acid, and base..that was on my test too.. I know,, i couldnt believe that crap either..

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.