ob-gyn question book recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heavyduty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these types of questions have been asked frequently, but I was just wondering what the consensus was on which question book to use for ob-gyn? I leafed through pretest, and it doesn't seem very relevant? Or maybe i just don't know whats relevant?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

case files!!!!!!!! and blueprints if you need it in text/organized fashion :) and do the apgo uwise questions!

Most people at my school swear by Case Files. I read through it once on OB and it was ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always recommend the same two books: the little red book for a portable handbook, and Blueprints for my text.

But bear in mind I did my OB/GYN rotation back in 2003.

case files. pretest was alright i thought, some topics much more high yield than others, i dont think theres a much better pure question book out there for this rotation

Blueprints. Seriously...it's all you need.

just took my ob exam today, used the following:

blueprints (text, step2 Q&A, step3 Q&A)
Casefiles Obgyn

there are about 10-20 q's verbatim on the shelf from blueprints Step2 Q&A. Did some step3s cause the questions are posted in such a way that you need to be comfortable with them. Have to say if you go through blueprints 3x and take notes, then do step2 and step3...that is all you need. Casefile was very good but it pretty much repeat the information to you in a clinical way...it's just different style. other people used Blueprints Clinical Cases - supposedly really good and fits in your white coat pocket.

My suggestion is limit the material you use and go through the material 2-3x before the shelf. In obgyn, blueprints really got it on the mark. If you like casefile format, then use casefiles, but do blueprint step2 &3 questions - they will prepare you...(as before, do these questions 2x and take notes as you go through them).

material that was covered on the shelf as I remember it now:
Incontinence, VB (both in preg and not in preg), infections, amenorrhea are general topics. a couple of cancer q's, mostly with what you do with the lesion.

I thought the shelf was fair...tough, but fair...and there were q's that I definitly seen before during my studying. so good luck =) hope the info helps.