Observership at a University for VIRMP match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Whatisthemeaningoflife?

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a recent foreign vet grad. I am planning to apply for this match cycle 2024 in SA rotating internship. Since I do not have US experience, the closest thing I could find is observership ( no hands-on just being there to observe how it works), and that too at a high cost. Is it worth the money? Will this observership help me in the match? Anything else I can do to increase my matching chance? Thank you
 
It might help a bit. Whether it would be "worth the money" is hard to say and is going to be something you will have to decide.

The main factors in getting an internship are letters of recommendations, class rank/GPA, experience and letter of intent.

Good luck!