Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you manage not doing thay without loosing youe spot. They must have been pissed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I think he heard back from NSU the day he would have had to send the deposit in

Members don't see this ad :)
I think he heard back from NSU the day he would have had to send the deposit in

Yes. Plus, they may have extended my deadline for me a little too. :)
I didn't have all the money right then anyway, it was just fortuitous that NSU accepted me before I did have the money or I would have paid.

Yes. Plus, they may have extended my deadline for me a little too. :)
I didn't have all the money right then anyway, it was just fortuitous that NSU accepted me before I did have the money or I would have paid.

Paying more than one deposit would be lame. I purposely waited to submit my LECOM secondary so I wouldn't get an interview invite too early and get stuck paying two.

How's your tour across the country doing interviews going?

Paying more than one deposit would be lame. I purposely waited to submit my LECOM secondary so I wouldn't get an interview invite too early and get stuck paying two.

How's your tour across the country doing interviews going?

It's done! I finished my seventh and final interview this last Saturday. Maybe I didn't see every good school out there, but I saw enough for my poor wallet! Lol

It's done! I finished my seventh and final interview this last Saturday. Maybe I didn't see every good school out there, but I saw enough for my poor wallet! Lol

And now you wait, again. :corny:

I'm so jealous. I hope I get a happy phone call on 10/15 so I can be in your position.

Man oh man, I have yet to hear back from two schools I've interviewed at and then the cycle is over for me. Unless I hold out for one that's waitlisted me. That would blow...

I have 2 weeks from now till the next midterm. I'm gonna marathon watch Band of Brothers this weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping I get into Loyola on the 15 so I can chill for the next 10 months

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

What would blow?

Getting put on a waitlist at western. That's where I want to go and I'd really prefer to know and start planning where I'm gonna go instead I waiting and hoping I get in.
First world problems, right?

Ok, so I've been checking out all the different AOA residencies and fellowships throughout the states and I had no idea sleep medicine is a 7 year program! Wow

Holy. Didn't know that neither. Maybe you have to sleep alot so takes longer

Looking at that site it seems like florida and new york and michigan have the most diverse aoa residencies

Getting put on a waitlist at western. That's where I want to go and I'd really prefer to know and start planning where I'm gonna go instead I waiting and hoping I get in.
First world problems, right?

SAME! I really hope I get into Western :xf:

Sound like a near specialty. I wonder if there is space related residency

Yea go red birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've become a fat ass lately. :laugh:

I'll uh...do better about that tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I've been a fatass for about 6 years now. Thank goodness for high metabolism.

rejection #1 finally came. kcumb, it was good knowin ya. If I was going to pick a school to be rejected from pre-intvw it would be KC, mostly because I don't really know much about the school.

rejection #1 finally came. kcumb, it was good knowin ya. If I was going to pick a school to be rejected from pre-intvw it would be KC, mostly because I don't really know much about the school.

Seriously? You and I have almost identical stats.

My name proves my life in a nutshell. Life sucks, the college put me in remedial math, T-T, and I have no major, or women. Life Sucks.

Things are so hot and cold this semester.

When I'm busy, I'm locked in my study room for 2 weeks straight. When I don't have any tests on the horizon, I sleep all weekend.

I already decided I don't have time to study for the MCAT retake this semester, but it's times like this that make me want to reconsider for January haha. I've slept probably 30 hours since Friday. No joke.

Things are so hot and cold this semester.

When I'm busy, I'm locked in my study room for 2 weeks straight. When I don't have any tests on the horizon, I sleep all weekend.

I already decided I don't have time to study for the MCAT retake this semester, but it's times like this that make me want to reconsider for January haha. I've slept probably 30 hours since Friday. No joke.

Same thing here. All the midterms/papers due come in small clusters. I have 3 tests this week and a English lit paper due. 2 weeks ago, I had absolutely nothing to do.

Its sort of a good and bad thing. Over the past year or so I've come close to perfecting the staying up studying at night routine and also being fully functional the next day.

just got the sdn app on my phone. Still playing with it

All I do is soccer sleep study...
That's all I really want to do however!
plus women..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling

Its sort of confusing. I also went from blackberry to andriod.

Better learn now than later

I did too! I don't think I could go back to bb now.

I'm thinking about taking a language course this spring semester. Its a 5 hour credit course on beginners Arabic.

My question is, anyone taken a language course on a completely different language you had little to no clue about? I'm excited to enroll in it but not sure how difficult it would be to learn a new language. I'm bilingual with English being the second language.

I'm taking Japanese:) I'm visiting my cousin before school starts in Japan. I'm excited. I've heard Arabic is very different from English, much more descriptive.

I'm thinking about taking a language course this spring semester. Its a 5 hour credit course on beginners Arabic.

My question is, anyone taken a language course on a completely different language you had little to no clue about? I'm excited to enroll in it but not sure how difficult it would be to learn a new language. I'm bilingual with English being the second language.

I was a Spanish major, and took the beginner level 5 credit American Sign Language course. It was awesome! The professor was deaf so it was definitely an immersion class. I did pretty well I think, by the end of the semester I was able to have fairly basic conversations with my wife, who was a Deaf Studies major and is now a college ASL interpreter.

I just wish I would have had more time to explore Italian or Portuguese. That would have been awesome!

I registered for the Arabic course. Very excited for this course.

And Fall Quarter MS1 officially ends... time to relax and veg out.