Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha me too! Hopefully it means that I'll be in a good position from day 1!

We will have at least heard these drugs before and know basically what they do, which will hopefully translate to an easier time integrating the more difficult topics covered in medical school pharm. One can only hope. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

We will have at least heard these drugs before and know basically what they do, which will hopefully translate to an easier time integrating the more difficult topics covered in medical school pharm. One can only hope. :cool:

There are a bunch of different classes I would really have liked to take during my undergrad. Pharm, micro, anatomy, and pathology are just a few. Not just because I'm gonna have to take them in med school, but it would have been interesting. Oh well, I'll just learn them "a la fuerza". Ha ha!

There are a bunch of different classes I would really have liked to take during my undergrad. Pharm, micro, anatomy, and pathology are just a few. Not just because I'm gonna have to take them in med school, but it would have been interesting. Oh well, I'll just learn them "a la fuerza". Ha ha!

Micro and A&P were very cool. I wouldn't have minded a pathology class too though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get anatomy but I did do physio, which I enjoyed immensely.

Wasn't it hard without knowing the anatomy?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Wasn't it hard without knowing the anatomy?

I did the same thing. It's really not bad at all. All you need is very basic anatomy to understand physiology at a college level.

I did the same thing. It's really not bad at all. All you need is very basic anatomy to understand physiology at a college level.

Yeah that's true. I've always thought it was funny how many people have asked me how I could do physio without anatomy. If you think about it, you don't need to know insertion/origin of muscles or a lot of specific structures to understand how the lungs exchange gases or how electrical impulses travel in the brain. I really enjoyed physiology though, an I can wait to continue with stuff like that.

I'm doing that right now. I'm enrolled in physiology but I'm planning on taking A&P next semester.

Yeah that's true. I've always thought it was funny how many people have asked me how I could do physio without anatomy. If you think about it, you don't need to know insertion/origin of muscles or a lot of specific structures to understand how the lungs exchange gases or how electrical impulses travel in the brain. I really enjoyed physiology though, an I can wait to continue with stuff like that.

Oh.. My class had a lot of test questions where you needed to know the anatomy to get the physio. For example something simple like draw the visual field of someone with a lesion on their left lateral geniculate body. This was at a community college and I just assumed the university level would be more detailed.

Oh.. My class had a lot of test questions where you needed to know the anatomy to get the physio. For example something simple like draw the visual field of someone with a lesion on their left lateral geniculate body. This was at a community college and I just assumed the university level would be more detailed.

I think it's probably a different focus in A&P versus just Physio. Mine was very endocrin/molecular/cell bio heavy.

I would assume that the detail of both anatomy and physiology in such a class would not be as detailed as a separate anatomy or physiology course. When you say A&P I'm assuming you mean it's a combined anatomy and physiology class, right? Is that a one semester or two class? My university offered an intro to anatomy and physiology class but then they also offered a full anatomy class and a full physiology class.
I would have liked to do the intro class too, or at least both the anatomy and physiology classes, but I didn't. Med school will have to do. Lol

I would assume that the detail of both anatomy and physiology in such a class would not be as detailed as a separate anatomy or physiology course. When you say A&P I'm assuming you mean it's a combined anatomy and physiology class, right? Is that a one semester or two class? My university offered an intro to anatomy and physiology class but then they also offered a full anatomy class and a full physiology class.
I would have liked to do the intro class too, or at least both the anatomy and physiology classes, but I didn't. Med school will have to do. Lol

Yea it's two semesters of combined anatomy and physio. The first semester was mostly anatomy with some physio mixed in, and then the opposite for the second semester.

We had two semesters of A&P. We had cadavers in undergrad too...I thought that was pretty common but I guess not.

Members don't see this ad :)
We had two semesters of A&P. We had cadavers in undergrad too...I thought that was pretty common but I guess not.

No cadavers for us. I found out this semester that no "cutting" of any kind is allowed in any class on campus.

That's pretty cool. The only "cadaver" I had in undergrad was a fetal pig for bio lab.

That's pretty cool. The only "cadaver" I had in undergrad was a fetal pig for bio lab.

I took a comparative anatomy class and we had cats, sharks, fetal pigs, and salamanders. Skinning a cat is actually a little difficult.

I took a comparative anatomy class and we had cats, sharks, fetal pigs, and salamanders. Skinning a cat is actually a little difficult.

We dissected cats and the med students prosected our human cadavers which was pretty sweet

I dissected a cat in high school. That was before I liked cats. :D

Yeah, but I bet there's more than one way to do it, amirite? :D

Yeah, but I bet there's more than one way to do it, amirite? :D

I suppose... I took that cat's skin off its back, too. Also, my cat was pregnant so that led to everyone crowding around my table looking at what the fetuses looked like. Pretty interesting.

That reminds me, my cadaver on anatomy lab had a benign tumor in his axillary lymph nodes. At first we didn't know what it was, but thought it could be in the lymph nodes, so we called our professors over and they explained what it was. Pretty cool to find different anatomical anomalies in our cadavers. It allows us to learn something new that we didn't necessarily expect to find. :thumbup:

So I would give just about anything to get another pair of my favorite shoes. I still have my first pair, they've just been totally destroyed doing Canyoneering. Here's a link to what they should look like:
http://www.tinyurl.com/dudeliness-shoes

And below is a picture of what they look like now. LolView attachment 21414

love the shoes! nice and colorful...

I got some new running shoes lately that I love...lunarlon feel like memory foam clouds!!

nike-lunarglide-3-6.jpg

I got some new running shoes lately that I love...lunarlon feel like memory foam clouds!!

nike-lunarglide-3-6.jpg

I like those. They are pretty similar to my current pumas. View attachment 21425
Ok maybe not super similar, but somewhat. They are getting old and will need replacing soon. I wish I could find those old Adidas ZX750's though. They were light and VERY durable

Everytime I see your avatar, it reminds me of Sherlock. I don't understand why they're taking such a long time for season 3. I mean its only 3 episodes per season, just do it already.

Everytime I see your avatar, it reminds me of Sherlock. I don't understand why they're taking such a long time for season 3. I mean its only 3 episodes per season, just do it already.

No Joke!!!!

I haven't seen any news about it recently either...I'll have to look into the matter, immediately.

just wondering... i really don't get this. there are a lot of Muslim women wearing Hijab at my school. but these same women would wear tights that literally show off their curvature and body figure with those cute sandles without socks WTH??? I thought they wear Hijabs so that men can't lust after their neck and hair. has it become like trendy instead?

am i wrong in thinking this?

just wondering... i really don't get this. there are a lot of Muslim women wearing Hijab at my school. but these same women would wear tights that literally show off their curvature and body figure with those cute sandles without socks WTH??? I thought they wear Hijabs so that men can't lust after their neck and hair. has it become like trendy instead?

:laugh:

Interesting question. I know nothing about the culture/religion/whatever so I have no idea what you're talking about. Lol

Haven't seen much of that happen at my school but my opinion is their dressing probably doesn't have much to do with religion but more so with tradition and culture. They'll say its for religious reasons but most do it for cultural reasons or they're scared of their parents.

another week with no invites and no rejections.

I think western in Lebanon may be my top choice now lol. Crazy I know, but I really liked them.

What??? Why is that now? what about dmu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

What??? Why is that now? what about dmu?

I think generally speaking, DMU may be a slightly better school overall, but not by any big things. For me personally, northwest comp is perfect because of the advantages the school itself has and also because of the location being only a couple of hours from my in-laws.
If location made no difference, it would be hard to say if DMU or northwest comp is better. I think anatomy at northwest comp is better, but I love the surgical skills lab at DMU. Like I said, it's pretty similar.

nike-lunarglide-3-6.jpg

those are pretty sick. I've been wearing these for the past couple years, they are not gray anymore.
245874_366_45.jpg

Did anyone watch the season premier of Homeland? I know that shows new and all but that's definitely getting in my must watch list.

Did anyone watch the season premier of Homeland? I know that shows new and all but that's definitely getting in my must watch list.

Whenever I see a commercial for Homeland I immediately think Band of Brothers. Damian Lewis played Major Winters in that. One of my all-time favorite mini-series.

Whenever I see a commercial for Homeland I immediately think Band of Brothers. Damian Lewis played Major Winters in that. One of my all-time favorite mini-series.

Hmm. First time hearing about it. I'll have to check it out after my next midterms. The storyline from Homeland is pretty epic though. So much internal conflicts for main characters.

Hmm. First time hearing about it. I'll have to check it out after my next midterms. The storyline from Homeland is pretty epic though. So much internal conflicts for main characters.

I'll have to check it out after my Histo exam tomorrow. Definitely watch Band of Brothers. It will take a few sittings because it is 10 1-hour "episodes" total.

Just officially declined my first acceptance. What a strange world I live in. Never imagined I'd do something like that. Lol

Did you ended up putting that downpayment?

My favorite as well.