OFFICIAL 2008 CYCLE "I Have been Rejected From" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start first...

I got rejected by University of Nebraska today.

Your AMCAS application has been processed by the Office of Admissions and Students at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine. After a preliminary review of the information available to us, it has been determined that you will not be considered for admission into the 2008 entering class and, therefore, have been preliminarily rejected.

The decision not to give further consideration to your candidacy is based primarily upon the limited attention this institution can give to residents of states other than Nebraska.

We regret that we are unable to give you a favorable response to your application, but wish you well in your pursuit of a career in medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, they reject applicants this early? saves you from a lot of needless grief.

that's a lot better than some schools, that wait until MAY/JUNE/JULY to send out rejections. :thumbdown: wish more schools were as forthright.

GLUCK!!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I made one of these a couple of days ago :)

I was rejected from Tennessee because I didn't meet residency requirements (pre-secondary)

i was rejected pre-secondary

lol this thread is slighty pessimistic ...it's july!

So... who cars =P... never too early to start.

Got rejected by Nebraska as well, but the wording on mine was slightly different:
Your AMCAS application has been processed by the Office of Admissions and Students at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine. After a preliminary review of the information available to us, it has been determined that you will not be considered for admission into the 2008 entering class and, therefore, have been preliminarily rejected.

The decision not to give further consideration to your candidacy is based primarily upon the limited attention this institution can give to applicants who seem delusional.

We regret that we are unable to give you a favorable response to your application, but wish you well in your pursuit of a career in medicine.

Got rejected by Nebraska as well, but the wording on mine was slightly different:

The decision not to give further consideration to your candidacy is based primarily upon the limited attention this institution can give to applicants who seem delusional.

Sorry about such an early rejection but at least you won't have to waste time on the secondary. BTW, thanks for this, I needed a good laugh. :laugh:

Expect me to be filling up this thread pretty soon ;)

May I ask what your stats were, to see whether there is any point in me applying to Univ of NE.

Members don't see this ad :)

Doode... thats like an insult. :eek:

Rej: 7/16 Indiana University

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm O.O.S.

Did any of you check an MSAR before wasting your $ on these state schools with an instate bias?

MSAR pays for itself if it keeps you from making just one of these "mistakes."

Did any of you check an MSAR before wasting your $ on these state schools with an instate bias?

MSAR pays for itself if it keeps you from making just one of these "mistakes."

Some of us are being asked very nicely to apply to some in-state schools. I have ties to all the states I applied to (except JHU... that one's just for fun). Having most of my extended family in one area, my dad in another, and a house 5 miles (or less) from the medical school (plus a high school diploma from a school maybe a mile or two away) is reason enough to want to apply to those schools, even if I am out of state for them.

^^Did it seriously say that

Virginia Commonwealth Univerisity School of Medicine
I got rejected yesterday, Sunday evening.

yes, except that the op probably forgot to mention that it was also in all caps, bolded, italicized and underlined.

;)

actually it said "because your ******ed."

Do most folks make a separate email address just for med school stuff? with gmail, etc? (i.e. with my current address I get 10-20 emails/day, and 50-70 go to spam.)

I guess making a separate one would be good in case important email went to spam. But it would be annoying to have to check 2 addresses.

Do most folks make a separate email address just for med school stuff? with gmail, etc? (i.e. with my current address I get 10-20 emails/day, and 50-70 go to spam.)

I guess making a separate one would be good in case important email went to spam. But it would be annoying to have to check 2 addresses.

I use a Gmail Account linked to my school email account.

this is becoming the wall of shame isn't it?

I was rejected from Marshall University due to residency requirements...pre-secondary so it wasn't that bad. Good luck to everyone! :)

I was rejected from Marshall University due to residency requirements...pre-secondary so it wasn't that bad. Good luck to everyone! :)

I got that letter also. It says if you have strong ties to WV you can contact them, and things can move forward. Just thought I'd mention it in case you do.

I already made a post to declare it, but I was rejected from EVMS. I was a bit sad at first, but it had to happen. I'm just glad I didn't waste nearly $100 to send it and then get rejected. I suspect I will be adding to this thread many times in the future, but to be honest, I don't care if 35 schools reject me, as long as just ONE accepts me (although, it would be nice to have the luxury of choosing between 2+ schools). :)

rejected from Indiana today- its wasn't unexpected or that dissappointing I'm out of state and didn't really want to go there anyway.

it was a small envelope via snail mail

Got my first rejection in the mail today from West Virginia University. I was somewhat impressed that the letter had a real signature on it.

+1 for me from VCU. The state of Virginia hates me, I guess. Hahaha

rejected from Indiana today- its wasn't unexpected or that dissappointing I'm out of state and didn't really want to go there anyway.

it was a small envelope via snail mail
Yeah, I just decided to take it off my list - my stats are too mediocre for OOS/Canadian - largely because of all the posts I've read about people getting rejected. Thanks for the heads-up, at least your post saved someone $30!;)

I already made a post to declare it, but I was rejected from EVMS. I was a bit sad at first, but it had to happen. I'm just glad I didn't waste nearly $100 to send it and then get rejected. I suspect I will be adding to this thread many times in the future, but to be honest, I don't care if 35 schools reject me, as long as just ONE accepts me (although, it would be nice to have the luxury of choosing between 2+ schools). :)

Yah I am with you there... it only takes 1, but 2 would be freaking awesome :laugh:

Got my 2nd Rejection from Eastern Virginia Medical School today by Snail Mail. It also came personally signed on that special heavy paper. What a waste of energy :lol:

1. Uni. of Nebraska 7/11 Email
2. Eastern Virginia Medical School 7/23 Mail

I made one of these a couple of days ago :)

I was rejected from Tennessee because I didn't meet residency requirements (pre-secondary)

I'm pretty sure for tennessee and maybe the west virginia schools, that you have to be in a contiguous state...

how does VCU screen?

Got Wake's this morning also.. previously received Univ. of Nebraska's but that was a given since I'm not a resident. Thought I'd try though!

Add me to the list of those rejected pre-secondary by Wake today. First one, just gotta walk it off.

Got a rejection from Wake as well. Did I call the bulk rejection or what?

Can those rejected from VCU share their stats please?

Got a rejection from Wake as well. Did I call the bulk rejection or what?

Wake loves mass rejections. And I'm pretty sure they use the exact same PDF each year...just change the date.

Yah it was kind of suspicious when they didn't send us immediate rejections but sent out immediate secondary invites.

Status
Not open for further replies.