OFFICIAL 2008 CYCLE "I Have been Rejected From" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those people who got rejected from Wake Forest.. was it after you submitted their secondary?

i havent heard a thign from them yet

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the sinking feeling I am going to have a long and prosperous future in this thread. :scared:

I have the sinking feeling I am going to have a long and prosperous future in this thread. :scared:

You and me both, chief. I'll probably qualify for residence here by the time the cycle's over.

Come on people...it's only July! You can't have such pessimism until at least January. Happy thoughts!!

got the wake rejection today too....

I got the email from Wake today. It just had this number in it and nothing more: 212-660-2245

I got the email from Wake today. It just had this number in it and nothing more: 212-660-2245

Guess they feel it is more humane in person.

when did you guys get verified?

Rejection hotline huh. Ehh, 4/10 for effort. Not very original. I expect more elaborate and frankly funnier jokes from you guys. Thanks for trying to cheer us up though. Since it is the NYC rejection hotline are you from NYC?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got rejected from Wake, but post-secondary. I haven't heard from VCU yet, so I'm still holding out hope for an interview. Thank heaven my parents moved to VA after they got married. ;)

PS Does UM screen?

yikes I haven't even gotten the wake secondary yet. I wonder if anyone wouldn't mind posting their stats, those who were rejected :(

here we go again, unfortunately. get used to it, folks.

no wake for me either. :( it looks like they have a slight preference for IS? lol or i'm just trying to make myself feel better...

What exactly do they mean by " due to residency requirements" ?

ouch, that was painful. you know it's never good when the subject line is "Wake Forest School Univ. of Medicine Application." That just screams "we're trying to avoid giving you bad news."

no wake for me either. :( it looks like they have a slight preference for IS? lol or i'm just trying to make myself feel better...

I'm sure they do have a slight preference for IS applicants. They may also have a preference for applicants in the surrounding states too. It's hard to know.

A friend of mine is starting at Wake this year and he's a PA resident, so they're at least open to other states.

ohh okay thanks. I saw that Tennessee did that thats why I was curious. Is there a way to know which schools do this?

Right, definitely start with the MSAR, as it specifies some of these schools' preferences. For example, Marshall says WV "State residents and those from bordering states." If the MSAR doesn't have that info, check the websites of the schools to which you have applied. If they have binding residency restrictions they'll have it in their info on secondaries. Nothing worse than applying to a school, spending thirty bucks, and then realizing you're not even eligible to go there.

I got Wake's rejection today too. I think they definitely have IS preference. I got secondaries from UCLA UCSD and USC...WAKE rejected me pre-secondary...is there really any rule of thumb in this whole application thingee? I'm beginning to think that ADCOMS just arrange the files in a great big circle in some room, close their eyes and spin around. The person they land on gets rejected. Either that or they play pin the rejection tail on the donkey or something...who knows...I actually felt a little relieved when I got the rejection today...Now I can save some money and essay writing strength. Anyone with me? Good luck y'all.

screened by West Virginia pre-secondary just yesterday. Not "high enough credentials." I'm a non-resident as well. Damn! why don't they mention their grade/MCAT requirements in MSAR?

I got Wake's rejection today too. I think they definitely have IS preference. I got secondaries from UCLA UCSD and USC...WAKE rejected me pre-secondary...is there really any rule of thumb in this whole application thingee? I'm beginning to think that ADCOMS just arrange the files in a great big circle in some room, close their eyes and spin around. The person they land on gets rejected. Either that or they play pin the rejection tail on the donkey or something...who knows...I actually felt a little relieved when I got the rejection today...Now I can save some money and essay writing strength. Anyone with me? Good luck y'all.

They have IS preference, yes. But they definitely send secondaries to OOS applicants too.

Amen to everything you said. There are two things that really bum me about Wake:

1. It seems like SDN got rejected pre-secondary. I don't think I've ever seen such collective sadness before.

2. It seems like they screened on GPA and MCAT. Then, for kicks, I looked at the MSAR and saw they accepted someone last year with a 4 on the BS. I guess (*hope) there's a method to the madness.

Sadily, I will have to add my name to this list. Wake was one of my higher choices but I guess I will never be able to attend. Good luck to all still in the running. What are the stats of the people getting secondaries may I ask?

Sadily, I will have to add my name to this list. Wake was one of my higher choices but I guess I will never be able to attend. Good luck to all still in the running. What are the stats of the people getting secondaries may I ask?

Since you asked, I received a secondary from Wake and my stats aren't anything over-the-top (pretty average MCAT, slightly above average GPA). I'm a Virginia resident. I have no idea why they reject some people and not others.

I graduated from a small school in VA and a lot of my friends thought they didnt get secondaries because all 30 some of our premed students apply to wake. They can only take about two students from our school, even though everyone is a very competitive applicant.
I don't know if this helps any one but it was my reason for not even applying there. It might also be something to keep in mind when applying to private schools that everyone else from your university is applying to.

Good luck!

So everyone can be put at ease (or maybe unease)...

I received an email today from Wake titled "Wake Forest University School of Medicine Application"

Instead of having that phone number, it says something along the lines of "we've received your application, we will contact you when further info is required"...it then goes on to give you a link to check the status of your app...when i eventually got through (i think they were having some probs. earlier in the afternoon), I put in the user ID and app # they gave me, and it tells you that they're planning on sending you a secondary, and to give them a week...

sorry for everyone that didn't pass through, i guess they like us "homers"

i got a wake forest secondary with average stats but never received secondaries from ucla or ucsd. i'm also a resident of CA

got rejected from UF (residency) less than a day after i was verified by AMCAS... had to laugh on that one. also got pre-secondary rejection from loyola stritch... can't figure that one out as i've passed several screeners already. oh well... less $$$ for me to spend now haha

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

got rejected from UF (residency) less than a day after i was verified by AMCAS... had to laugh on that one. also got pre-secondary rejection from loyola stritch... can't figure that one out as i've passed several screeners already. oh well... less $$$ for me to spend now haha

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

loyola screens?

I'm sure they do have a slight preference for IS applicants. They may also have a preference for applicants in the surrounding states too. It's hard to know.

A friend of mine is starting at Wake this year and he's a PA resident, so they're at least open to other states.

I'm in IL but someone from IL from my undergraduate University will be an MS2 this year so I applied cause of that :cool:

i got an email from Wake Forest that they would review my AMCAS, and i havent heard anything back yet

My status at Wake went from under review to "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail." That's probably bad...I smell rejection!! :laugh:

My status at Wake went from under review to "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail." That's probably bad...I smell rejection!! :laugh:

sorry buddy... they are waiting to send out a mass rejection

Judging by the responses, I'm glad I didn't toss another $30 by adding Wake. Seems like I'll be contributing lots in the weeks and months to come :(

This thread is depressing because i know i'll be posting my rejection schools in it shortly :oops:

So everyone can be put at ease (or maybe unease)...

I received an email today from Wake titled "Wake Forest University School of Medicine Application"

Instead of having that phone number, it says something along the lines of "we've received your application, we will contact you when further info is required"...it then goes on to give you a link to check the status of your app...when i eventually got through (i think they were having some probs. earlier in the afternoon), I put in the user ID and app # they gave me, and it tells you that they're planning on sending you a secondary, and to give them a week...

sorry for everyone that didn't pass through, i guess they like us "homers"

I got that email too

So I got the ominous update" You will be receiving an email about your status..blah blah". My first rejection.:( But it's ok....i still have 32 schools left..and so many damn secondaries...so on the bright side...i won't have to waste another $100 dollars:oops:

So how many Wake rejections to we have for every secondary invite? Like 3?

So how many Wake rejections to we have for every secondary invite? Like 3?

It might be interesting to see what they screened for. I.e., a certain minimum gpa, total mcat, nothing lower than __ in any one section, etc. But a good number of people who got both secondaries and pre-secondary rejections would have to be willing to post their stats. It might help people decide whether to bother applying there this cycle (if they haven't already) and especially next cycle.

So I got the ominous update" You will be receiving an email about your status..blah blah". My first rejection.:( But it's ok....i still have 32 schools left..and so many damn secondaries...so on the bright side...i won't have to waste another $100 dollars:oops:

I wish all schools screen, it's a lot easier for everyone and much cheaper to already broke students.
Can applicants also post how long it took in between the first email and the secondary/rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.