OFFICIAL 2008 Interview Invite Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything from this program? Or have any updates on the interview invites?? It seems like forever since that application went in!

Thanks!

Yes, I spoke with them today. They will start extending interview invitations in about one to one and a half weeks.

Here are some other updates:

University of Pittsburgh - extended all interviews, but may extend more if these candidates do not match with the program, etc.

University of California, Berkeley, University of Washington, Northwestern University (Feinberg school of medicine)- extended all invitations to interview

Fordham - should make final interview invites this Wednesday

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

BU was from what I think was an admissions secretary

Has anyone received an invite to interview from PGSP-Stanford?

So far I've gotten interviews to 3 out of my 4 schools (all Psy.D. programs):
The Wright Institute (interview Feb 15)
Baylor Universtity (interview March 8)
George Washington University (interview March 1)

Congrats to everyone else out there who have been getting calls! This is so nerve-wracking!!!

I received an invite to interview from PGSP-Stanford, for 1/28th, but as I understand it they will be inviting people and conducting interviews till late feb/early march so just relax and wait.

Members don't see this ad :)

I had a very similar list when I applied (though PGSP-Stanford wasn't accredited when I was looking).

Best of luck!

Is anyone here interviewing at Wisconsin-Madison for anything in psychology? I can help answer questions if you have any!! And don't let the cold scare you off...it builds character...that's what I keep telling myself...

As far as I can tell no one has received an invite for Clinical Psych. I am still hopeful though. I love Davidson's work. Do you know where they are in the process?

Thanks for offering the advice. I am sure I will PM you if I get an interview.

Yes, I spoke with them today. They will start extending interview invitations in about one to one and a half weeks.

University of Pittsburgh - extended all interviews, but may extend more if these candidates do not match with the program, etc.

University of California, Berkeley, University of Washington, Northwestern University (Feinberg school of medicine)- extended all invitations to interview

Hope this helps.

Thank you! It does. :)

I'm also waiting to hear about clinical psyc at Madison. Has anyone called/gotten any info on when invites are going to be extended?

As far as I can tell no one has received an invite for Clinical Psych. I am still hopeful though. I love Davidson's work. Do you know where they are in the process?

Is anyone here interviewing at Wisconsin-Madison for anything in psychology? I can help answer questions if you have any!! And don't let the cold scare you off...it builds character...that's what I keep telling myself...

Tkj is so nonchalant! You new people do not know of his legendary status because the current Badger only makes paid guest appearances now! This guy is a prodigy! Sure, last year he was just a super applicant with a great blog (how does everyone think I first learned of SDN? By the way, Tkj, what happened to your blog) but now he is a superstar. This is like having Freud, Skinner, or Piaget making a post on SDN!

I have heard strange news reports since he moved to Wisconsin that food suppliers are not able to keep up with the demand! Stay away from his mouth when he is hungry!:laugh:

He also won my basketball pool and will be invited back this year to defend his title!

When you PM him you are to address him as Your Majesty! :laugh:

Congrats to everyone else out there who have been getting calls! This is so nerve-wracking!!!

Hey Crissy, I interviewed there Jan 29 and they had a couple of other dates in early Feb. Congrats on your invites, I'll miss you at Baylor, I'm going the 3rd :)

Does anyone know if all the invites have been extending for BU already??

last year he was just a super applicant with a great blog (how does everyone think I first learned of SDN? By the way, Tkj, what happened to your blog)

I have heard strange news reports since he moved to Wisconsin that food suppliers are not able to keep up with the demand! Stay away from his mouth when he is hungry!:laugh:

He also won my basketball pool and will be invited back this year to defend his title!
:laugh:

Yeah, I took the blog down, but with regards to the other comment, I did one of those "eat a big steak and get it almost free" challenges last term. Good times. And I am looking forward to march madness...maybe the Badgers can win it all this year (or not...)

Unfortunately, I have no clue where the faculty are in the process (hence why I stayed on the cautious side and constrained my not-so-helpful advice) of interview invites.

I'm also waiting to hear about clinical psyc at Madison. Has anyone called/gotten any info on when invites are going to be extended?

As above, I haven't a clue!

hope all of y'all rock your interviews though...good luck!

Just an update to the Official List that Yeshiva Clinical PsyD (e-mail) is offering Thurs. 2/14, PGSP-Stanford (e-mail) also has Mon. 3/3, and the GW PsyD (phone call) also has Sat 3/1 & Fri 3/7.

Good luck!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Were the Rutgers Clinical PsyD and Columbia Clinical emails mass emails or personal?

Were the Rutgers Clinical PsyD and Columbia Clinical emails mass emails or personal?

The Rutgers Clinical PsyD emails were mass emails. If anyone is going and needs help with transportation clarifications I would be happy to help. You don't need a rental car, everything is walkable distance with public or campus transit nearby.

Hope this helps.

In re:Columbia TC-Clinical I asked if anyone had heard anything yesterday

and someone just posted the above yesterday. Strange....I am not sure what to think.

Hope this helps.

Actually, University of Washington had *not* extended all interview invites. At least not all adult clinical ones. Each adult lab extends their invites independently and I know of at least a few labs that haven't invited yet.

I am wondering what is going on with TC clinical also...the message sounds like an email was sent out today, but who knows...

In re:Columbia TC-Clinical I asked if anyone had heard anything yesterday

and someone just posted the above yesterday. Strange....I am not sure what to think.

I am wondering what is going on with TC clinical also...the message sounds like an email was sent out today, but who knows...
an email was sent out to about 30 people. they wrote that they were inviting 30-35 students

I just got an email from St. John's Interviews are March 3rd and March 12th.

hey
columbia teacher's college will be holding interviews on wednesday, february 27th for clinical psychology. they will be interviewing 30-35 students for 7-8 available positions.

Just got an interview :)! So, contrary to popular belief, they are still giving out interviews!

Just recieved an e-mail from my POI at WSU yesterday asking for a phone interview. We chatted today and she said she would let me know about interviews by Thursday. She mentioned that WSU tried a new application system this year that set them back by 3 weeks. Interview weekend is 2/29, but many applicants are having trouble with that time so they may also do 3/3, but that is not confirmed.

Just recieved an e-mail from my POI at WSU yesterday asking for a phone interview. We chatted today and she said she would let me know about interviews by Thursday. She mentioned that WSU tried a new application system this year that set them back by 3 weeks. Interview weekend is 2/29, but many applicants are having trouble with that time so they may also do 3/3, but that is not confirmed.

Who is your POI?

Just an update to the Official List that Yeshiva Clinical PsyD (e-mail) is offering Thurs. 2/14, PGSP-Stanford (e-mail) also has Mon. 3/3, and the GW PsyD (phone call) also has Sat 3/1 & Fri 3/7.

Good luck!! :)

I'm glad that PGSP-Stanford still has another interview date... though it seems unlikely I'll get invited this late in the game. Oh well! It's good to know though :)

Hey Crissy, I interviewed there Jan 29 and they had a couple of other dates in early Feb. Congrats on your invites, I'll miss you at Baylor, I'm going the 3rd :)

Ah! That's too bad! It'd be nice to know someone who'll be there at the same time. Best of luck on your March 3rd interview!

Got an invite for the U Memphis Clinical PhD program from my POI via email today :)

I saw that it had been up on the list for a while now so I had given up hope but I just got a call from them today inviting me to the interview day on 2/29... Hope that helps anybody else who has been waiting!!

I sent my app in the night before the deadline soooo maybe that had something to do with it? Either way i am :hardy: :banana::biglove::zip:... yup that about covers it! lol

Actually, University of Washington had *not* extended all interview invites. At least not all adult clinical ones. Each adult lab extends their invites independently and I know of at least a few labs that haven't invited yet.

Anything is possible, I'm just reporting what I was told. It sounds as if you have more of a direct connection to the University of Washington. The person I spoke to said that interviews were extended, but they may very well be wrong and there could be a professor or two, etc who have yet to make their calls. A similar thing happended with UCONN - the contact for the clinical psychology doctoral program said that all interviews were extended and someone was invited after the fact. There was another university in which someone received an interview, but the department said that interviews were not yet extended. So it appears that it in some cases, the right doesn't know what the left is doing.

I just got a phone call from Adelphi... interviews will be offered the week of Feb 25th.

i was just wondering if you Teacher College folks would mind sharing your POI(s)?

thanks!

INTERVIEW invite received for the PsyD program TODAY!!! at 5:24pm... Will be there on March 10th.. Stated that they will be sending more information via snail mail..

I just got an email from St. John's Interviews are March 3rd and March 12th.

Both the St. John's child and general track interview on those two days, 9-11am and 1-3pm. Good luck everyone! I'll put good word in for anyone who shows up dressed in an SDN t-shirt :laugh:

Received a telephone call from Albany today telling me the interview day is either March 15th or 17th; The on-site interview for UF coulseing psychology (in Psychology Department) is Feb 25th.

Received a telephone call from Albany today telling me the interview day is either March 15th or 17th; The on-site interview for UF coulseing psychology (in Psychology Department) is Feb 25th.

Did you get an email or a phone call from UF? Was it a mass email or from your POI?:scared:

No, I'm not antsy or ANYTHING. :(

No, I'm not antsy or ANYTHING. :(

Haha... join the club. Sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet checking my phone and e-mail obsessively (even though they're both set to alert me with *very* loud noises the second I get an e-mail or phone call), but then I hang around this forum and I don't feel quite so alone in my neurosis :rolleyes:

The call from Albany.... Was it an official interview invitation?

The call from Albany.... Was it an official interview invitation?

I suppose no, because Dr. Friedlander wanted to confirm with me first whether I would be able to attend the interview or not and then she said I will receive a snail mail with more detailed information, which I think should be "official".

Anything is possible, I'm just reporting what I was told. It sounds as if you have more of a direct connection to the University of Washington. The person I spoke to said that interviews were extended, but they may very well be wrong and there could be a professor or two, etc who have yet to make their calls. A similar thing happended with UCONN - the contact for the clinical psychology doctoral program said that all interviews were extended and someone was invited after the fact. There was another university in which someone received an interview, but the department said that interviews were not yet extended. So it appears that it in some cases, the right doesn't know what the left is doing.

On reading over my post, I realized I sounded a bit snotty. I just wanted to underline that I only meant to keep people from necessarily giving up on UW. Most of the different areas do their interviewing independently, and adult clinical especially does interviews by lab, rather than by the entire area.

Sorry about that!

Who got the invite from LSU school psych? I can't find it on the thread...

Guess that means 2 interviews, one rejection for me. And one in limbo...

Who got the invite from LSU school psych? I can't find it on the thread...

Guess that means 2 interviews, one rejection for me. And one in limbo...

LSU does invites individually by lab and there are three labs in the school psych program. I wouldn't rule it out yet! Try to track down whoever it was that got the invite and see if you have the same POI. If not, your lab may not have invited yet.

The director of the program said they'll be inviting people this week to interview. She didn't give me an interview date though.

Question for anyone that applied to, is in, or knows anything about University of Missouri - Kansas City:

Do they even conduct interviews? It is the only school I haven't either gotten an invitation from or heard that invitations are either out that I applied to. I checked out their website and found
please do not inquire about the status of your application unless you have not heard from us by April 16th

Does this mean they just send out offers of admission with no interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.