OFFICIAL 2009 Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
researchgirl,

Thanks for that! Although I'm actually from maryland, I am temporarily residing in New Zealand at the moment, which makes my circumstances very unusual and limits my means of contact to email (although I'm able to make arrangements for a phone interview should a program express interest in my application). That said, given the impacts of the recession on program funding and the fact that my application is not as strong as it absolutely could be, I don't expect to get in anywhere this time around. I've already resigned myself to the prospects of entering into a masters program. I'm just happy to share what little bits of info I can with everyone else here and hopefully relieve some stress/reduce paranoia :D

Members don't see this ad.

Every professor I have spoken with at Adelphi also told me that they select students as a whole group not based on research interests...also I spoke with the DCT today and he said that as of Wednesday afternoon professors were still reviewing files and he had hoped to have them back today, but had not yet received them (this was later in the afternoon today).

Thanks so much for the clarification!

Does anyone know how many people Adelphi and St. John's typically interview?

Phone interview with University of Texas at Austin! Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I was contacted by phone today for an interview on 2.20 for PsyD counseling program at Carlow Uni. I was pretty anxious about getting this call since it is the only program I applied to.

i meant to title that last one st johns.. not sure why uic popped into my head. it really has been a long day...

oh and i saw someone asked about child vs. general track.. i don't remember which one i specified (is there some way to check?) but i applied to work with elissa brown, whose research involves children.

ok i need sleep... sorry for any confusion!

Phone call (2/13/09) from University of Hartford Psy.D.. Interview on 2/20 or 2/27.

Hey guys... still having problems updating the main list but here goes our most recent updates including info I got via PM.

Clinical PhD Programs

Saint John's University – email from secretary on 2/13, interview on 2/27 or 3/2
Teachers College, Columbia University - mass email on 2/11, interview on 2/25
University of Montana – call from POI on n 2/13 for phone interview
University of Nevada Reno – email from POI on 2/13 for phone interview (no in person interviews to be scheduled)

Other Programs

University of Hartford (Psy.D) – call on 2/13, interview on 2/20 or 2/27
Carlow University (Counseling) – call on 2/13, interview on 2/20

Last edited:
this forum says the interview for NYU's Counseling Psych was on 2/13, can anyone confirm if that is true??

over the last week i got phone calls from st. john's (school psy.d.), hofstra (school-community psy.d.) and pace (school-clinical child psy. d.) inviting me for interviews! very excited - VERY nervous. still waiting on c.w.post, yeshiva & rutgers, but 3/6 ain't too shabby...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The list has been updated but I had to split it in two because it was too long to post. You will find the CLINICAL PHD program list on the first post and the list with OTHER PROGRAMS (PsyD, counseling, school, etc.) is on post #11 - just go to the first page and scroll down or click here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...2&postcount=11

Thanks to everyone for all the info that helped create this HUGE list!!!!

Does anyone know if St. John's or LIU are done extending invites? I saw on their full disclosure that LIU interviews around 90-100 and St. John's interviews about 85, but only saw a few posts on here for invites.

Congratulations! I'm currently in Spalding's program and I've had a GREAT experience there!

Hi there, I was wondering if there's others out there in the same boat as me who have interviews (for PsyD) at Xavier on 2/20 and U. Indianapolis on 2/20 and 2/21. Does anyone know if the first day of the Indianapolis interview ismandatory, and is it a full day?? I haven't received the info packet about the schedule in the mail yet and am getting anxious to figure out how I should arrange my travel....any info on the matter would be much appreciated!

I've got the interview at Indianapolis the same weekend. It is a full day interview on either the 20th or 21st. I am doing it on Friday the 20th, just 4 days away.

Has everyone else had trouble leaving a voicemail for MK at St. John's confirming you want to attend the interview? I called only a few hours after the invitation was sent, and his voicemail was already full... and continues to be full...

I know the email said they were closed for the holiday today, but I'm so anxious to confirm! I'm so excited to hear from them! GAH!! :p

Has everyone else had trouble leaving a voicemail for MK at St. John's confirming you want to attend the interview? I called only a few hours after the invitation was sent, and his voicemail was already full... and continues to be full...

I know the email said they were closed for the holiday today, but I'm so anxious to confirm! I'm so excited to hear from them! GAH!! :p

I am having the same issue...very frustrating!

I'd like to know if TC is done also because I'm very disappointed if they are.:confused:

I think they might be...I think they interview only about 30-35 people. But you could always call and ask...there were a few schools I thought I was out of the running for because they had extended interviews, but when I called they told me they were still reviewing my file and I should hear by the end of this week...so don't give up until you know for sure!

Just got email invite for Rutgers Psy.D. Interview date: 3/2

I just received a call for an interview on Friday, Feb. 27 from 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM for the VA Consortium.

Anyone have any updates on how the changes to the program affect this years entering students?

interview invite to rutgers clinical psy.d via email! interview date is march 2.

Got an email from Rutgers for an interview for the Clinical PsyD program via mass email. Inteview is 3/2.

Here is my schedule of invites all Clinical PsyD. All of these programs I heard from a while ago, but haven't posted due to just discovering over the weekend.
University of Indianapolis: February 20th invited back on December 3rd.
University of Denver: February 27th heard via telephone call on February 9th. Ironically they had tried to call me and couldn't reach me so they asked me to call them.
Pacific University: March 6th phone call saying my e-mail was pinged back on 2/9. E-mail resent that evening and it went through.
Roosevelt University: Trying to reschedule interview date. E-mail on 2/11.

first-time poster, long-time anxious reader here...

does anyone know what is going on with iu?
did anyone else apply there?

Hey All!

Just received an invite from CUNY Graduate Center's Developmental Ph.D. program :D Interviews are Feb 24th from 10am - 12pm, 2-4pm and Feb 25th from 10am-4pm. They're supposed to last one hour. Yea!

~kh1264

I've got the interview at Indianapolis the same weekend. It is a full day interview on either the 20th or 21st. I am doing it on Friday the 20th, just 4 days away.

Xavier has an alternate day on 3/12

Contacted by Adelphi via email from the Head of Admission Patrick Ross tonight (2/16) for a group interview on one of the following dates: 3/2, 3/3, 3/4, 3/9, 3/10, or 3/11. Yay! :)

Contacted by Adelphi via email from the Head of Admission Patrick Ross tonight (2/16) for a group interview on one of the following dates: 3/2, 3/3, 3/4, 3/9, 3/10, or 3/11. Yay! :)

Also got this email but not sure if I want to attend or not...too many interviews (not complaining, I swear).

Does anyone know if St. John's or LIU are done extending invites? I saw on their full disclosure that LIU interviews around 90-100 and St. John's interviews about 85, but only saw a few posts on here for invites.

I believe not... I buckled down and called graduate admissions, gave them my social and the young lady on the phone looked me up and said my file is "still with the admissions comittee" so I'm guessing they didn't look through everybody. Are you going to this interview bpsych? I'm leaving work now to say a little prayer at the church near my office!!!!!!!:xf:

Yeah, I think I can kiss Montana goodbye because I haven't been contacted at all yet for a phone interview. Oh well, I have three invites so I can't complain.

Some people were asking about child vs general track Clinical Phd interviews. I got an email on Fri feb 13 for an interview and I applied to the child track

I believe not... I buckled down and called graduate admissions, gave them my social and the young lady on the phone looked me up and said my file is "still with the admissions comittee" so I'm guessing they didn't look through everybody. Are you going to this interview bpsych? I'm leaving work now to say a little prayer at the church near my office!!!!!!!:xf:

My file is also still under review...(I just called after I saw what you wrote) so I can only hope at this point! good luck!

Looks like TC is done with interview invitations...

"The department has already contacted students regarding interviews. Therefore you will receive notification from the Office of Admission via e-mail regarding the status of your application by or before March 15th."

My file is also still under review...(I just called after I saw what you wrote) so I can only hope at this point! good luck!

Well good luck to you too! Nononora (screen name) is a current grad student at St. John's and had posted that the inside scoop is they will send out invites by the end of this week (although you probably don't need me to write this if your even half as obsessive and nervous as I am- you certainly would have seen that for yourself!)

Please do post as soon as you hear and I will too... trying to keep busy... eating lots and lots of ice cream and renting some good movies... wish I could be practicing my interview skills/ buying one of those "how to interview" books- but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet!!!:laugh:

Does anyone have a sense of how many students receive interview invites at Rutgers? It's not up with their admissions data on the website and I'm a bit curious.

hi everyone! this is my first time posting but i've have been following this thread for a while.

i applied to the sdsu ma program and was wondering...for those who applied to the sdsu/ucsd jdp, how long did it take for them to update the transcripts/scores you mailed to enrollment processing?? i gave them a majority of my transcripts 2 months before the due date and it says on my portal that they haven't received it. when i called, they said they're behind 3 weeks and to wait. but...i mailed them my last transcript a week before the app was due and that's gone through. should i just order them all again and mail another set?

also...did anyone hear from hawaii manoa?

Anyone hear from them today? Are they sending it out in batches?

hi everyone! this is my first time posting but i've have been following this thread for a while.

i applied to the sdsu ma program and was wondering...for those who applied to the sdsu/ucsd jdp, how long did it take for them to update the transcripts/scores you mailed to enrollment processing?? i gave them a majority of my transcripts 2 months before the due date and it says on my portal that they haven't received it. when i called, they said they're behind 3 weeks and to wait. but...i mailed them my last transcript a week before the app was due and that's gone through. should i just order them all again and mail another set?

I don't know what the MA program is like, but it took approx. 2 weeks for all my info to be processed for the jdp. Good luck!

both the ma and the jdp are pretty slow to get back to you, but i would still resend my docs just in case. also, i went to the ma program there so feel free to message me for more info if you'd like.

A few more places where I am interviewing that were not mentioned yet:

Adelphi University PhD clinical psychology

Alliant, SF, PhD clinical psychology

University of LaVerne, PhD clinical psychology

I wish I could get into a fully funded program, but did not do well on my GRE. Only my safety schools called me :-(

These are my stats graduate psychology GPA 3.85 (research MA program), undergrad GPA 3.3 (general) and 3.8 psychology--- my general GPA is low, but I went to Yale, and had a hard time my first year. My GRE is 800 even-- I guess I do not test well. However, I have done a great MA thesis (and am seeking publication) and worked in the psych dept at a state hospital for 4 years.
I guess I should be happy to get in anywhere....I am just scared of the debt!!

don't feel too bad. i have similar stats as yours, but also have several publications and years of experience and still no acceptances from fully funded programs. i got into alliant, but decided not to go due to lack of funding and other issues... good luck. it's a tough process.

Anyone hear from them today? Are they sending it out in batches?

I was told this afternoon that all invites have been extended but that people can be interviewed if others do not accept... still doesn't sound optimistic :(

Status
Not open for further replies.