Official 2011-2012 IM Residency WAMC (What Are My Chances) Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, another WAMC inquiry. DO student from NYCOM. Trying to stay in NYC/Brooklyn/Queens/Nassau County/Staten Island area. Would like fellowship, but not sure what yet.

COMLEX 1: 574/87
USMLE 1: 227/98
COMLEX 2: 602/89
COMLEX PE: Passed
USMLE 2: 237/99

Good LoRs. Nothing overly impressive on CV--some good work experience and some minor volunteering gigs here and there. No research.

Probably top 25-50% of class (was usually 1-5 points below honoring each system in years 1 and 2). Pass in all 3rd year cores; honors in OB/GYN and Surgery.

My List:
.Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Jacobi) Program
Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center Program
Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center Program
Coney Island Hospital Program
Flushing Hospital Medical Center Program
Jamaica Hospital Program
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Program
Lenox Hill Hospital Program
Long Island College Hospital Program
Lutheran Medical Center Program
Maimonides Medical Center Program
Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Bronx) Program
Sinai School of Medicine (Elmhurst) Program
Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Queens Hospital Center) Program
Mount Sinai School of Medicine Program
NSLIJHS-Hofstra North Shore - LIJ School of Medicine Program
NSLIJHS-Hofstra North Shore - LIJ School of Medicine at Forest Hills Program
Nassau University Medical Center Program
New York Downtown Hospital Program
New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens/Cornell University Medical College Program
New York Medical College (Richmond) Program
New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital Center Program
New York Methodist Hospital Program
New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia-Presbyterian Program
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center Program
New York University Medical Center Program
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program
Staten Island University Hospital Program
Winthrop-University Hospital Program.

Would appreciate any feedback on programs I should add or delete and if I have enough "safe" programs in comparison to the obvious reach programs.

Thanks everyone

Updated - Step 2s back and IV invites at CIH, SIUH and NYHQ

Members don't see this ad.

My stats:

Low-tier to middling medical school out east
Step 1 246
Senior AOA
Honors medicine, surgery, etc, probably Honors in my medicine sub-i too
Strong IM LORs (based on feedback I received), excellent evals from 3rd year
Research in Peds :rolleyes:, poster presentation for humanities thingy, unique extracurriculars

Problem is, I haven't applied yet. Just had a little, uh, hiccup with my original specialty choice, now going for IM as a back-up. Not sure if I'll be able to get an IM Chair letter this late in the game. Just finished my personal statement, which needs reviewing. Should I just go ahead and submit the bare bones application now, minus the personal statement?

Here are the places I'm thinking about (restricted by availability of ID fellowships and excluding a lot of great places I already applied to for the other specialty, so as not to further jeopardize my chances there):

U. Arizona
U. Colorado
Cedars-Sinai
UCSF
UCLA
UCLA-Harbor
UIC
Rosalind Franklin
U. Chicago
Northwestern
Rush
Loyola
Tulane
Wash U
St. Louis U
Lenox Hill in NYC
UT San Antonio
Baylor University (Dallas)
MCW
U. Wisconsin

What are my chances, considering I'm jumping in so late? Need more? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar story to you OP. 9 of the big names sent out IVs and none for me also.

are we out of the running DrVN? i am keeping my fingers crossed for some lovin' from at least 1 of the programs on that list...

are we out of the running DrVN? i am keeping my fingers crossed for some lovin' from at least 1 of the programs on that list...

I don't think so. A previous poster mentioned in the Invite thread about how Pitt sends out there IV a bit slower--probably due to more stringent screening. With the upper tier programs being so competitive, they are probably seeing how many slots they can fill with the best candidates. I think we are strong candidates, but will just have to wait our turn :luck:

I don't think so. A previous poster mentioned in the Invite thread about how Pitt sends out there IV a bit slower--probably due to more stringent screening. With the upper tier programs being so competitive, they are probably seeing how many slots they can fill with the best candidates. I think we are strong candidates, but will just have to wait our turn :luck:

I hope you're right! Patience is not one of my virtues haha

LOL this forum is so scary, and this thread is the scariest of all!! I am an IMG and reading all these AMGs posts about top tier programs is really funny!!! :p

I have good scores in the USMLEs (Step 1: 263, step 2: 275) and have US experience as a subintern for a couple of months and research with publications, and 8 out of the 9 interviews i got so far are in terrible places!!

I guess i am late in the game, but what can i possibly do?! the random events of the universe chose a third world country (misnomer, i know :D) as a place of birth for me, and i know that if i had the chance to study in prestigious US universities I would have excelled ... Oh well, I am not bitter or anything, just hoping for a decent institution that would take me in and teach me the art of medicine!!

Best of luck to all of you guys

IMGs/FMGs tend to have much longer to study for step 1 and 2 so many PDs do take that into account. It's no surprise many do well when you have 3-6 months to study.

That said, with those scores and good US letters you should do well in the match and I expect you should get a lot more than those 9 interviews.

Indeed, I studied for the exams during my research work, I wouldnt say that i was hundred percent dedicated (2-3 hours daily) but was persistent for the duration. I really dont know whether PDs would consider perseverance and studying a bad thing!!! Its not like i should have took the exams in 4 weeks instead of 4 months just to match the american average!! lol

I am a 4th year at a mid tier medical school in the north east. My stats are a Step 1 score of 234, a similar step 2 and received all High Passes except a Honors in Surgery. I really want to do an IM residency in NYC and wanted to know if I had a shot at NYU? I was just offered an elective at NYU and was wondering if this would be of any help in getting an interview? I don't have much time to decide about the elective. I would appreciate any advice.

I am a 4th year at a mid tier medical school in the north east. My stats are a Step 1 score of 234, a similar step 2 and received all High Passes except a Honors in Surgery. I really want to do an IM residency in NYC and wanted to know if I had a shot at NYU? I was just offered an elective at NYU and was wondering if this would be of any help in getting an interview? I don't have much time to decide about the elective. I would appreciate any advice.

There avg for residency is between 228-230ish, I think they mention that on their website. I would definitely do the elective there.

Both NU and Chicago went out today (didn't get either). My wife is not liking me today lol

hoping for the best

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Both NU and Chicago went out today (didn't get either). My wife is not liking me today lol

crap, i was really hoping one of those two would come through for me. this has been such an incredibly disappointing couple of weeks!

crap, i was really hoping one of those two would come through for me. this has been such an incredibly disappointing couple of weeks!

Yeah I'm Chicago guy so that was pretty disappointing. I'm hoping that person who posted NU goes there for school. UChicago seemed to send a mass invite, so I am more worried about them.

Step 1: 229/99
Step 2: 252/99
- no AOA

3rd Year Clerkship Honors: none (I promise I'm not a tool, ...just didn't make the cut)
Internal Med AI: Honors
Class Rank: top 1/2
Medical School: lowest tier
Research: some experience, no publications
LORs: good, at least 1 outstanding
Work experience/volunteering, etc: average

Leaning towards practicing general IM but I'd like to end up in a program with good Heme/Onc placement (just in case).

11 interview invites so far:
U of Iowa, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Texas-San Antonio
Ohio State
Exempla St. Joseph - Denver
Mayo-Scottsdale (Arizona)
Maricopa County and St. Joseph (both Phoenix)

I am planning to attend ~10 interviews, so I need to start making some decisions/cuts. I'm thinking I will take ~3 interviews from community-based programs. Does this sound reasonable? Would you argue for more or less community-based, "back up" programs?

At the end of the day, would it be ridiculous to, for example, decline interviews from strong university-based programs in order to interview/rank ~3 community programs?

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am planning to attend ~10 interviews, so I need to start making some decisions/cuts. I'm thinking I will take ~3 interviews from community-based programs. Does this sound reasonable? Would you argue for more or less community-based, "back up" programs?

At the end of the day, would it be ridiculous to, for example, decline interviews from strong university-based programs in order to interview/rank ~3 community programs?

Are you using community programs as backup or do you think you'd really like to train at a community program? If it's just for backup and you're getting plenty of university interviews then yes, bailing on a university program to interview at a lower tier community program just to have a "safety" is insane. I would argue that, more than 10 interviews, you need 10 places you want on your rank list.

If, OTOH, you want to stay in a particular location (I'm getting a desert SW vibe from your list) or you really want to train at a community program for some reason (and there are plenty of good reasons to want to do that), then go ahead.

But remember, 10 interviews != 10 programs on your ROL. I interviewed at 18 places but, for a variety of reasons (programmatic, geographical, spousal veto) I only ranked 12. It would kind of suck to go to 10 places (if you had 5-10 more interview offers) and only feel like you could rank 5 or 6 of them because the others would be worse than working at Starbuck's.

Are you using community programs as backup or do you think you'd really like to train at a community program? If it's just for backup and you're getting plenty of university interviews then yes, bailing on a university program to interview at a lower tier community program just to have a "safety" is insane. I would argue that, more than 10 interviews, you need 10 places you want on your rank list.

If, OTOH, you want to stay in a particular location (I'm getting a desert SW vibe from your list) or you really want to train at a community program for some reason (and there are plenty of good reasons to want to do that), then go ahead.

But remember, 10 interviews != 10 programs on your ROL. I interviewed at 18 places but, for a variety of reasons (programmatic, geographical, spousal veto) I only ranked 12. It would kind of suck to go to 10 places (if you had 5-10 more interview offers) and only feel like you could rank 5 or 6 of them because the others would be worse than working at Starbuck's.

My biggest concern about training at a community program would be limiting myself as far as my chances at fellowship placement. So, yes. In general, I'd say that community programs are more of a back-up for me (unless I was blown away at an interview and they had a decent fellowship track record). I just don't want to look at my rank list in February and see no clear safety programs.

I shouldn't feel reckless about only ranking ~10 fairly competitive university programs, considering my stats?

My biggest concern about training at a community program would be limiting myself as far as my chances at fellowship placement. So, yes. In general, I'd say that community programs are more of a back-up for me (unless I was blown away at an interview and they had a decent fellowship track record). I just don't want to look at my rank list in February and see no clear safety programs.

I shouldn't feel reckless about only ranking ~10 fairly competitive university programs, considering my stats?

Aside from your lack of honors in your IM clerkship (partially made up for by your SubI grade) I don't really see anything that wrong with your CV. Besides, places don't just throw interviews around willy-nilly (well, there are a few who do but I don't see UChicago or MGH on your list). If they offered you an interview and will waste the time and money on interviewing you, you're somebody (at least on paper) that they can imagine being in the program.

Again, this doesn't work like applying to med school did. Programs that you consider "safeties" may consider you "out of our league" and not even rank you, in which case interviewing there and ranking the program would be a waste of your time/money.

Step 1: 229/99
Step 2: 252/99
- no AOA

3rd Year Clerkship Honors: none (I promise I'm not a tool, ...just didn't make the cut)
Internal Med AI: Honors
Class Rank: top 1/2
Medical School: lowest tier
Research: some experience, no publications
LORs: good, at least 1 outstanding
Work experience/volunteering, etc: average

Leaning towards practicing general IM but I'd like to end up in a program with good Heme/Onc placement (just in case).

11 interview invites so far:
U of Iowa, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Texas-San Antonio
Ohio State
Exempla St. Joseph - Denver
Mayo-Scottsdale (Arizona)
Maricopa County and St. Joseph (both Phoenix)

How many more places are you waiting to hear from for interviews?

IMO here are the reasons to rank a community program: Location, Strong fellowship match, track record of in-house fellowship matches. For example, 2 community programs I applied to that I really like are Scripps and LGH in Chicago.

You already have solid interviews. I would keep going to the academic places and IV. H/O is getting more competitive it seems and going to a solid academic place will serve you better in the long-run. We have a few similar interviews (Utah, Wisconsin)--both solid in matching H/O.

Good luck!

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts! It really helps.

DVN, I applied to a total of 23 programs. I'm still waiting on UC-Denver, OHSU, Baylor (Houston), and a handful of solid community-based programs. I had Scripps Green on my original list too but my wife has something against California, so we "compromised."

Do you guys know anything about Mayo Clinic (Arizona)? Pretty limited info on sdn. They do have an in-house H/O fellowship.

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts! It really helps.

DVN, I applied to a total of 23 programs. I'm still waiting on UC-Denver, OHSU, Baylor (Houston), and a handful of solid community-based programs. I had Scripps Green on my original list too but my wife has something against California, so we "compromised."

Do you guys know anything about Mayo Clinic (Arizona)? Pretty limited info on sdn. They do have an in-house H/O fellowship.

Out of the places you listed, I would attend these ten:

1. OHSU (if you get this)
2. Baylor (if you get this)
3. UC-Denver (if you get this)
4. Wisconsin
5. Utah
6. OSU
7. Iowa
8. Arizona
9. *A program in which you really like the location + in-house H/O + decent outside match
10. *A program in which you really like the location + in-house H/O + decent outside match

IF you don't get OHSU, Baylor, or UC you can just add in any of your other interviews; i.e. Mayo-Scottsdale.

I don't know much about the outside Mayo programs, but it seems like a good interview.

My wife is most excited about the scripps interview lol. San Diego was HER compromise :)

Are there any advantages in training at a program with an NCI Comprehensive center vs. NCI Cancer center vs a program without an NCI designation?

Are there any advantages in training at a program with an NCI Comprehensive center vs. NCI Cancer center vs a program without an NCI designation?

As a resident? No.

As a fellow? Somewhat, maybe, possibly, depends, etc. But basically, no.

We're an NCI cancer center but not an NCI CCC (or an NCCN institution but this is something we're working on). I asked our cancer center director (a Lasker Award winner who's name you know) if there were plans to seek CCC status. He stated that the difference between an NCI CC and a CCC is mostly about ancillary/supportive services like survivorship and patient advocacy programs (important but not something that 99% of patients get to take advantage of), largely unrelated to patient care and totally irrelevant to the training you receive.

Can we assume that if we get invited for an interview we are on an equal footing with the other applicants invited? The reason I ask is I am a Brit IMG with no visa issues. So far I've received invites from a few community programs and a few university programs some of which are 90% AMG's. In order to end up in my top choice programs, I will have to forgo any prematch offers (this is hypothetical) and take my chances in the match. If two candidates were similar will the program be more inclined to take a home-grown AMG? Or are my chances similar to everyone else's once I've scored an interview?

European grads are looked at favorably. For instance, hopkins has had 3 UK grads in the last 4 years.

Last edited:
The issue I have with the whole prematch thing is once you decline a program's prematch offer to take your chances in the match, I think it is safe to assume that the program won't rank you high since you didn't seem to like them enough to commit to them on the spot. And if the majority of your interviews come from these places, it means a significantly less number of programs will be ranking you high, lessening the chances of you matching at all.

Again of course this is all hypothetical, it's not like I'm fighting off prematch offers at present :rolleyes: I just think the whole system would work so much better if 100% of applicants went in the match.

hey everyone, you all seem to be very helpful and amazing therefore i wnated to ask you all for some advice.. I am a current MIII at a mid tier school on the eas coast... here are my stats

m1/m2: mostly pass and high passes with a couple honors.. Third quartile

USMLE STEP 1: 235

Current MIII: I just got my medicine grade and it was an honor

I have 4 publications in the works should all be done by the time i apply for match next year

I want to end up at these palces: Loyola, Rush, Northwestern, UChicago, Gtown, GWU, Mt. Sanai, Cornell, NYU, Einstein, BU, Tufts, Emory, UMinnesota, UT Houston, Baylor, Vandy

i know some of them may be a reach but do you all think i have a shot at any of them.. i am worried my first year grades and being third quartile m1/m2 year will hurt me.. we get a new rank third year which hopefully will be higher.. thanks!!!!!

hey everyone, you all seem to be very helpful and amazing therefore i wnated to ask you all for some advice.. I am a current MIII at a mid tier school on the eas coast... here are my stats

m1/m2: mostly pass and high passes with a couple honors.. Third quartile

USMLE STEP 1: 235

Current MIII: I just got my medicine grade and it was an honor

I have 4 publications in the works should all be done by the time i apply for match next year

I want to end up at these palces: Loyola, Rush, Northwestern, UChicago, Gtown, GWU, Mt. Sanai, Cornell, NYU, Einstein, BU, Tufts, Emory, UMinnesota, UT Houston, Baylor, Vandy

i know some of them may be a reach but do you all think i have a shot at any of them.. i am worried my first year grades and being third quartile m1/m2 year will hurt me.. we get a new rank third year which hopefully will be higher.. thanks!!!!!

Judging from interviews this year, I bet you get interviews at >90% of those places. Just try to honor your sub-Is and get great letters.

Judging from interviews this year, I bet you get interviews at >90% of those places. Just try to honor your sub-Is and get great letters.

thanks so much for the response!!! do you think me being in the third quartile my first two years will deter alot of plcaes? thanks again !

thanks so much for the response!!! do you think me being in the third quartile my first two years will deter alot of plcaes? thanks again !

3rd year>M1/2. Try to honor the heck out of third year. Also, your step 1 scores shows that you have comprehended the first 2 years well enough :)

Coming from the east coast, you should add some of those nice reaches!

3rd year>M1/2. Try to honor the heck out of third year. Also, your step 1 scores shows that you have comprehended the first 2 years well enough :)

Coming from the east coast, you should add some of those nice reaches!

which programs did u have in mind

Columbia, BIDMC, Duke, WashU, etc. I mean with your stats and the cost of applying, why not branch out to a few more programs:) Good luck!

I need advice. I was going to applying into Uro until the very last moments then backed out. Ended up scrambling to get Medicine LORs, and I'm now worried about matching at an academic program.
My stats are Step 1 255, Step 2 262, junior AOA, 5 Uro projects for research but no pubs. I know these are strong so I don't mean to be neurotic but I honored all but Medicine in which I received a HP.
Will that combined with my likely mediocre LORs completely my chances at JHU, MGH and the top academic programs?

Thank you

I need advice. I was going to applying into Uro until the very last moments then backed out. Ended up scrambling to get Medicine LORs, and I'm now worried about matching at an academic program.
My stats are Step 1 255, Step 2 262, junior AOA, 5 Uro projects for research but no pubs. I know these are strong so I don't mean to be neurotic but I honored all but Medicine in which I received a HP.
Will that combined with my likely mediocre LORs completely my chances at JHU, MGH and the top academic programs?

Thank you

I think in your case, an amazing personal statement is key, especially if you think the LORs are just mediocre. But IMO, with your stats, I'm sure good LORs, you will match just fine. Just try to be complete before the Nov 1. Good luck!

Hello all,

I have posted on this thread before and greatly appreciate the help I received. I have another question for you all. I am very interested in Stanford and was wondering about my competitiveness being from the SE. I was also wondering if it helps sending the up to two additional letters via email. My stats are listed below.

Top 50 Medical School but the lower half
Step 1: 247/99
Step 2: 255/99
Average first 2 year grades, def not AOA
Honors in most Third year clerkships including medicine but not AOA
Honors in Sub-I
Great Extracurriculars, including Gold Humanism Society
1 publication in med school, several posters
Good Letters

Thank you in advance. Good luck to everyone.

Hello all,

I have posted on this thread before and greatly appreciate the help I received. I have another question for you all. I am very interested in Stanford and was wondering about my competitiveness being from the SE. I was also wondering if it helps sending the up to two additional letters via email. My stats are listed below.

Top 50 Medical School but the lower half
Step 1: 247/99
Step 2: 255/99
Average first 2 year grades, def not AOA
Honors in most Third year clerkships including medicine but not AOA
Honors in Sub-I
Great Extracurriculars, including Gold Humanism Society
1 publication in med school, several posters
Good Letters

Thank you in advance. Good luck to everyone.

From what I know, its frowned to send additional letters unless they say its allowed. IF you really think its necessary, I would:

1. Email the coordinator and ask if it would be ok.
2. Send a Letter of Interest (Gutonc, etc may have a good opinion about this).

With your stats, only AOA is holding you back IMO. I think you will get the interview.

I went to Ross. Didn't do so well in basic sciences (B/C average). I have been doing well in clinicals. I have gotten all As and have letters or recommendations from clinicals and from my time on the island.

Step 1 - 222/95
Step 2 CS - passed
Step 2 CK - 193/77

I realize that the big dip in my CK score is problematic, but how problematic. I ideally want an academic program with the option of specializing.

I applied to 86 programs. I've been rejected from Loyola Chicago and GWU so far.

What are my chances?

I went to Ross. Didn't do so well in basic sciences (B/C average). I have been doing well in clinicals. I have gotten all As and have letters or recommendations from clinicals and from my time on the island.

Step 1 - 222/95
Step 2 CS - passed
Step 2 CK - 193/77

I realize that the big dip in my CK score is problematic, but how problematic. I ideally want an academic program with the option of specializing.

I applied to 86 programs. I've been rejected from Loyola Chicago and GWU so far.

What are my chances?

1. What letters from the Island did you get? A Research letter? If not, I would try for all solid IM letters.

2. It may be tough for an academic place. I would throw in all the community programs with attached fellowships.

Indeed, I studied for the exams during my research work, I wouldnt say that i was hundred percent dedicated (2-3 hours daily) but was persistent for the duration. I really dont know whether PDs would consider perseverance and studying a bad thing!!! Its not like i should have took the exams in 4 weeks instead of 4 months just to match the american average!! lol

I'm sure you'll find a program somewhere to train at.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm an IMG studying in Europe and applying for IM in the states. Not a U.S. citizen. applied to 70 programs, a mix of community and university programs. My stats are below:

Step 1: 235/99
Step 2: 239/99
CS: pass
2 months of elective rotations in Canada
Average Letters ( 1 from home school, 1 from doctor in States, 1 from Canada)
No research experience

Thank you for your help!

Hi. I am an non-caribbean USIMG (U.S citizen). I need some advice from you guys on whether or not I should apply. I graduated at the end of 2010. My step1 score is 244 and I just got my result for step 2 CS stating I passed. I still have not taken CK. I have 2 months experience working at Northwestern Memorial Hospital ( 6weeks EM / 2 weeks Anesthesiology). I have 2 US LORs. I also have some research experience but no publications yet. I still have not applied yet. I would ideally like to match at university programs such as Northwestern.:rolleyes: Do I have a shot? Would it be wise at all to apply this year?:confused: Or should I wait to do CK well and step 3, hopefully getting a 260+ on CK. I would really like to match at Northwestern or a similar university hospital. Thanx in advance..:)

With the exception of UConn (which is a low-tier academic program), these programs are all low tier community programs and any academic ties are purely in name only so don't get excited by the "Columbia" or "Yale" included in the name.

If a specific fellowship is your ultimate goal, only apply to places with in-house spots in that fellowship, otherwise your fellowship options will be extremely limited.

With the exception of UConn (which is a low-tier academic program), these programs are all low tier community programs and any academic ties are purely in name only so don't get excited by the "Columbia" or "Yale" included in the name.

If a specific fellowship is your ultimate goal, only apply to places with in-house spots in that fellowship, otherwise your fellowship options will be extremely limited.

Thanks a lot!

Hi. I am an non-caribbean USIMG (U.S citizen). I need some advice from you guys on whether or not I should apply. I graduated at the end of 2010. My step1 score is 244 and I just got my result for step 2 CS stating I passed. I still have not taken CK. I have 2 months experience working at Northwestern Memorial Hospital ( 6weeks EM / 2 weeks Anesthesiology). I have 2 US LORs. I also have some research experience but no publications yet. I still have not applied yet. I would ideally like to match at university programs such as Northwestern.:rolleyes: Do I have a shot? Would it be wise at all to apply this year?:confused: Or should I wait to do CK well and step 3, hopefully getting a 260+ on CK. I would really like to match at Northwestern or a similar university hospital. Thanx in advance..:)

I'm not exactly sure what "non-caribbean USIMG (U.S. citizen)" means, but obviously you have placed a high priority on attending a top university based IM program. In your situation (being an IMG) I think a stellar Step 2 score and additional research experience would help, therefore if you are not set on starting residency next year then there is certainly room for improvement with your CV.

On the flip side, I also think there are certain thresholds which will be very difficult for you to break through. Northwestern (and places like it) will be very hard places for you to get an interview. Will a great Step 2 and more research put you closer to that threshold? Maybe, but probably not realistically close. Additionally, not only would you be an atypical applicant as an IMG, but also would have the answer the question of why you took an extra year off (taking Step 2 CK is not a good answer to this). These add up to things that scare PDs. I would not want you to delay training for 1 year to for something that would not make a difference anyway.

Tough call, why have you put this off until mid-October to decide?

Paroled today.

I know many of you tried to send me PMs, which gets shut off when you go into SDN jail. Unfortunately, those PMs are not saved and then sent to me when I get back. The PM box is back open.

I'll be back to the forum later. Lots of catching up to do.

Paroled today.

I know many of you tried to send me PMs, which gets shut off when you go into SDN jail. Unfortunately, those PMs are not saved and then sent to me when I get back. The PM box is back open.

I'll be back to the forum later. Lots of catching up to do.

Whoa whoa welcome back. So did you at least have conjugal visit privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.