*~*Official 2011-2012 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so if the grades on my transcript are already letters (A, A-, A+, B-, C, etc)...I don't really have to convert my grades right? Under the Pharmcas Grade, I just click on the corresponding letter that is on my university transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone who goes to UCI know whether the upper division lab course apply as both LAB and LECTURE?

Since some of the lab courses require us to take 1 hour of lecture and 3 hours of lab...so does that mean the class is both a lab and a lecture?

How long does it take for PharmCAS to receive transcript? I don't mean to process them but to receive them. Do they at least notify us that they have received it? I sent mine last Monday, and it has yet to say any updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

If I took a course and withdrew and then later took another course that is substitutable as a pre-requisite but not directly equivalent, should I mark them both as repeated. For example, I withdrew from Art Appreciation but later took Fine Arts and Daily Living, both of which satisfy the fine art requirement.

Thanks

No, since it is not the same course repeated.

so if the grades on my transcript are already letters (A, A-, A+, B-, C, etc)...I don't really have to convert my grades right? Under the Pharmcas Grade, I just click on the corresponding letter that is on my university transcript?

The PharmCAS Grade should autopopulate based on your Grade input.

Does anyone who goes to UCI know whether the upper division lab course apply as both LAB and LECTURE?

Since some of the lab courses require us to take 1 hour of lecture and 3 hours of lab...so does that mean the class is both a lab and a lecture?

That sounds like a lab (only).

How long does it take for PharmCAS to receive transcript? I don't mean to process them but to receive them. Do they at least notify us that they have received it? I sent mine last Monday, and it has yet to say any updates.

Probably a little over a week since it'll take a few days at the registar, a few days in the mail, and a few days for PharmCAS to input it into the system. I don't think you will get a notification, but it should show up under the appropriate status section.

Question regarding coursework:

I graduated from a university last fall and hold a degree. Would my current academic status be a Graduate or Post BA for all of the colleges/universities I attended?

I was in an honors fraternity in college and I'm wondering how to input this into pharmcas.

Name of award: Name of Fraternity
Organization: Name of Fraternity

Thanks for the help!

Question regarding coursework:

I graduated from a university last fall and hold a degree. Would my current academic status be a Graduate or Post BA for all of the colleges/universities I attended?

Please explain... Did you take additional coursework after graduating? Then it's Post Bacc if you weren't in graduate school.

Please explain... Did you take additional coursework after graduating? Then it's Post Bacc if you weren't in graduate school.

Yeah I am taking some classes at a community college right now, but I got my degree from a university last fall. So would I choose "Post Bac" on both schools? Thanks for your help buddy.

I am taking the PCAT in September 2011 along with Microbio, Organic 2, AP2, and microecon. I got an A in Organic 1 this summer.

My essays and LORs are done. I am just waiting on my summer transcript. Should I go ahead and apply and let them just wait for the Sept PCAT?

Please let me know what I should do.

I was in an honors fraternity in college and I'm wondering how to input this into pharmcas.

Name of award: Name of Fraternity
Organization: Name of Fraternity

Thanks for the help!

You could enter it under honors or under extra-curricular activities. You have more spaces under extra-curricular activities...

Yeah I am taking some classes at a community college right now, but I got my degree from a university last fall. So would I choose "Post Bac" on both schools? Thanks for your help buddy.

You can choose post-bac, but the course level will have to be Lower division (Fr/So) because the courses were taken at a community college.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking the PCAT in September 2011 along with Microbio, Organic 2, AP2, and microecon. I got an A in Organic 1 this summer.

My essays and LORs are done. I am just waiting on my summer transcript. Should I go ahead and apply and let them just wait for the Sept PCAT?

Please let me know what I should do.

If you want your summer grades included now, you should wait to submit until you have your summer grades. Your Sept PCAT will be added 5 to 6 weeks after you take the exam, just make sure that you enter it as planned.

If you submit now, you will have to wait until Academic Update opens on Dec 15 to add your summer grades.

If you want your summer grades included now, you should wait to submit until you have your summer grades. Your Sept PCAT will be added 5 to 6 weeks after you take the exam, just make sure that you enter it as planned.

If you submit now, you will have to wait until Academic Update opens on Dec 15 to add your summer grades.

My summer grades will be posted at the end of the week, then I can just give the transcript request to the school. So after I give the request should I then submit the application?

My summer grades will be posted at the end of the week, then I can just give the transcript request to the school. So after I give the request should I then submit the application?

Once you have your summer grades entered then yes, you can submit the application.

My employer wrote a LOR for me, but there are 2 minor mistakes. Instead of putting "an" he put "a" and instead of putting "well" he put "will" How bad is this? I don't want to bother him since he's a doctor + professor + head of GI department, he's super busy. Should I just let it be?

Hi!

If I withdrew from a class, resulting in a "W" on my transcript, do I have to explain why withdrew in the background section of the application in PharmCAS?

I am wondering if I can I still submit my application even though not all my reference have not send in their LOR and evaluation?

Almost every school I've seen so far has a place on the supplemental app for explaining W's. I wouldn't worry about it on my PharmCAS app. Up to you though, I'd focus on why I'm a great choice and then let them know any circumstances with the supplemental.

Hi!

If I withdrew from a class, resulting in a "W" on my transcript, do I have to explain why withdrew in the background section of the application in PharmCAS?

No, but you might want to explain it in your essay, or ask one of your references to explain it in their letter if they are familiar with the situation.

No, but you might want to explain it in your essay, or ask one of your references to explain it in their letter if they are familiar with the situation.

Does it have to be a long paragraph or can it be short so that it does not take away from my personal statement? Can I explain it in the second essay of UOP's supplemental?

Last edited:
When inputting AP classes into PharmCAS, do I select 0 credit hours?

On the pharmacy designations I see all the schools I want to apply to except the University of Southern Nevada?? I want to apply both to the Utah school and Nevada but I do not see there option??

When inputting AP classes into PharmCAS, do I select 0 credit hours?

No, you should select the amount of credit your college awarded you for earning a particular exam score for a particular AP course subject.

I'm a little confused on how LORs work on pharmcas. Can someone explain it to me. I found somewhere (I have no idea where) that I'm suppose to give my professors a form or something and they can either submit it online or mail it to pharmcas....I'm not sure and I can't find that form anywhere. What do I need to do to send LORs?

Also I got a scholarship because I was top 10% in high school so, it's listed on my university account as "top 10% scholarship" but I feel like that's not specific enough to write, should I put something like "High school top 10% scholarship??"

For classes that we PLAN to take....how would we add them onto our courselist?

Like since we don't have the transcripts yet, we don't really know the COURSE PREFIX OR COURSE TITLE....

..do we just put whatever we thing is correct and fix it when our university/college posts it on our transcripts?

My employer wrote a LOR for me, but there are 2 minor mistakes. Instead of putting "an" he put "a" and instead of putting "well" he put "will" How bad is this? I don't want to bother him since he's a doctor + professor + head of GI department, he's super busy. Should I just let it be?

What did you have to do to get an LOR? Do you have to give him a form to fill out and let him submit it on pharmcas??? I seriously don't understand the process. I clicked on the reference button on my pharmcas application and I'm wondering if I just fill that out and then get an LOR and mail the LOR myself to pharmacy schools......

For classes that we PLAN to take....how would we add them onto our courselist?

Like since we don't have the transcripts yet, we don't really know the COURSE PREFIX OR COURSE TITLE....

..do we just put whatever we thing is correct and fix it when our university/college posts it on our transcripts?

If you can look up course schedules on your school's website, it will usually list the prefixes and the course titles. If it still doesn't show up, I would recommend calling the registrar's office at school and then see what they say.

Okay, So it's been 10 days since I requested my transcript be sent to PharmCAS from my university and 7 since from my community college...Should I be worried? By now, I was hoping they would have received them at least.

Okay, So it's been 10 days since I requested my transcript be sent to PharmCAS from my university and 7 since from my community college...Should I be worried? By now, I was hoping they would have received them at least.

No, give it a few more business days.

What did you have to do to get an LOR? Do you have to give him a form to fill out and let him submit it on pharmcas??? I seriously don't understand the process. I clicked on the reference button on my pharmcas application and I'm wondering if I just fill that out and then get an LOR and mail the LOR myself to pharmacy schools......

I did everything electronically. I think that's the quickest and most efficient way. I clicked on references ->Add new entry-->filled out required information. Pharmcas will email your recipients and I think they should be able to take it from there. I received 3 of my LORs in a couple of days with no problem. You can check on pharmcas to see if its been completed or they're in the process of completion. Pharmcas will forward all the LORs to your designated pharmacy schools. You shouldnt have to mail them to each school yourself unless a specific school required additional LOR, but they'll let you know on the supplemental. (this is from my understanding, pleaase anyone, correct me if I'm wrong!) Hope that helped! GOODLUCK! :)

I did everything electronically. I think that's the quickest and most efficient way. I clicked on references ->Add new entry-->filled out required information. Pharmcas will email your recipients and I think they should be able to take it from there. I received 3 of my LORs in a couple of days with no problem. You can check on pharmcas to see if its been completed or they're in the process of completion. Pharmcas will forward all the LORs to your designated pharmacy schools. You shouldnt have to mail them to each school yourself unless a specific school required additional LOR, but they'll let you know on the supplemental. (this is from my understanding, pleaase anyone, correct me if I'm wrong!) Hope that helped! GOODLUCK! :)

Thank you so much! You helped a lot :)

When I was trying to register for the PCAT on the pharmacy school list there was "Pharmcas," if all the school I'm applying to use pharmcas can I just choose that or is it safe to choose Pharmcas and the pharmacy schools too.
And I just want to get this straight. If I do choose pharmcas, the PCAT scores would be sent to pharmcas, so I can send my scores with my application. Is that the same for university Transcripts? As in I just mail it to pharmcas and they will send it to the pharmacy schools?
Sorry for the stupid questions, this seems so weird to me and I think I just might screw something up.... :oops:

Hi ! I have a bachelor degree already and is currently taking pre-requisite courses at community colleges for fulfilling pharmacy schools. I have sent PharmCAS my transcript from my college where I got my BA degree. I am wondering when is the best time to send my community college transcripts to PharmCAS ? Do I need to send them EVERYTIME after I finish a semester/quarter ( That's going to be pricey for me :( ) or I can do it when I finish all the courses, which will be spring semester ? HELP !

Hi ! I have a bachelor degree already and is currently taking pre-requisite courses at community colleges for fulfilling pharmacy schools. I have sent PharmCAS my transcript from my college where I got my BA degree. I am wondering when is the best time to send my community college transcripts to PharmCAS ? Do I need to send them EVERYTIME after I finish a semester/quarter ( That's going to be pricey for me :( ) or I can do it when I finish all the courses, which will be spring semester ? HELP !

You need to send one now if you've already finished any CC course. You will need to send one after fall if you're participating in academic update. So up to two for PharmCAS. The school that you will attend will probably want at least one.

I did my personal statement on microsoft word with the correct spacing and 'TAB' with each new paragraph.

I copy and pasted everything directly into PharmCAS but it doesn't have the 'TAB' spacing at the beginning of the paragraph.

Is this how it is suppose to be formatted?

Thread merged with the PharmCAS sticky.

Most people hit the SPACE key to indent or the ENTER key to start a new paragraph. That's as good as it gets. I would also suggest typing up your PS in NOTEPAD or WORDPAD instead of Microsoft WORD due to formatting issues.

I have a question regarding my personal statement. I currently do not have indentations to begin my paragraphs because I need all the characters available for my essay. Will this be a problem? or will pharmcas automatically place indentations in the essay?

I have a question regarding my personal statement. I currently do not have indentations to begin my paragraphs because I need all the characters available for my essay. Will this be a problem? or will pharmcas automatically place indentations in the essay?

No as long as it's easy to distinguish paragraphs. PharmCAS doesn't format or modify the text.

No as long as it's easy to distinguish paragraphs. PharmCAS doesn't format or modify the text.

Thank you! I have spaces in between each paragraph to differentiate them. Did Pharmcas tell you that having no indentations is okay? I just want to be sure :)

Thank you! I have spaces in between each paragraph to differentiate them. Did Pharmcas tell you that having no indentations is okay? I just want to be sure :)

Nope, they didn't say anything. They don't care if you have spelling and/or grammar issues. :p The way it's set up doesn't allow tabs. If you add a bunch of spaces to indent the first paragraph, it removes it when you save the essay. (I guess that's an exception to it not being modified.)

1. when i pasted my ps into pharmcas it was just one big clump w/no indentations at the beginning of each new paragraph, it that okay?
Also, when I pasted it it said 4498 characters, but after saving and going back to the ps section it said 4496 characters?

2. for things like Golden Key, under "name of award/honor" do I put "Golden Key membership"?

3. I got Dean's list for multiple quarters. Do I just list the date for one of those quarters since it says we should only list each award/honors once? Also, what should I put for "organization"?

Thank you :) !

Last edited: