Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

Started by kilez12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Both amazing choices! Which one are you leaning towards?
I don't know. Davis offers scholarships after acceptance whereas OUWB offers them with. I think I have to see what the terms are on the OUWB scholarship and see what Davis says. I feel hella lucky either way. They're both extraordinary, supportive schools. Really great people.

ETA: and thanks!
 
LizzyM between 63-65
Applied to Way too many Schools (35)
Texas Resident
3 DO II's
0 MD II's
Hoping for some in state MD luck!
Congratulations and good luck to the rest of you guys with your interviews and acceptances!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Officially adopting this philosophy that there really is nothing more that I can do now except wait. This is going to be a lonnnng cycle
 
Last edited:
Posting for good luck. I have received 2 MD IIs rejected from 2, silence from 17 and hold from 2 DOs
 
Hoping this thread really brings the good luck everyone keeps talking about!

LizzyM ~67 (505/3.87)
Applied to 30 MD, 3 DO
Primary verified early July, MCAT scores received early September
II: 0
Rejections: 2 (UPitt post-secondary, VCU - pre-secondary)
Holds: 1 (GWU)

Forever playing the waiting game while simultaneously dying of anticipation/anxiety. 😵:xf:
 
This is probably the best thread on this website. Thank you to everyone who's provided so much positive commentary.

Update: 3.4/3.2/35
8 II (7MD + 1 DO)
Accepted at FIU, FAU, and Lecom-B
Rejected: 3 (Rosalind, Arizona Tucson, Dartmouth lol)
Waiting for 22 more

There is hope for those of us with bad GPAs!
 
I have a 70-71 LizzyM, I'm only 2 for 9 so far and haven't heard from the rest for almost 50 days, complete late August. Does the luck of this thread work for borderline 70'ers?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B_Vv1kQWQAA_Qg0.jpg
 
First acceptance to FIU! [emoji16]

LizzyM 66. Reapplicant.

I hope everyone waiting on II's and acceptances hear back sooner rather than later now that the train is rolling!

What do you think changed this time around to gain an acceptance? Congrats btw!!!!
 
First time posting on SDN (long-time lurker but SDN has been so helpful/supportive on my journey so far!!!). To give the rest of y'all some hope:

LizzyM 67
Accepted: Loyola Stritch
II: 5 (withdrawing from Rosalind Franklin and Albany after Loyola acceptance, so hopefully someone else on this thread gets my interview spots!!)
Rejection: 3
Hold: ~15 schools

Good things will happen with time- here's to resilience and hope for those with bad GPAs!!
 
Joining this thread! LizzyM 68-69.
0 II
2 rejections
1 hold (three guesses and the first two don't count -_-)

Hoping for some good news soon! Congrats to the people that have had success thus far =D
 
Alright, I'll join in.

LizzyM 67

II: 1
Holds: 2
Rejections: 2
Silence: 19

Complete mid July - mid Aug

Here's hoping that post-Oct 15 brings some love!
 
Last edited:
Repost to hopefully start the week off with some good news!
:luck::xf::luck::xf:

II: 0 👎
Rejections: 2 (Albany and USC) 👎
Hold: GW 👎

38 more schools to go and complete at most around 9/18.
Show me the love ad coms!!! :biglove:
 
Getting on the good-luck train and posting on this thread because as the great Michael Scott once said, "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little 'stitious.'"

II: 1 (IS)
R: 1
Hold: 1
~66, complete late August/early September.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone in the same boat as me? Nothing but silence and holds and rejections so far? To think some applicants already got accepted on Oct 15 and we're just praying for IIs lol!

Relatively same boat as you. Have only 1 MD II whole cycle. Was complete mid July at most schools.
 
Anyone in the same boat as me? Nothing but silence and holds and rejections so far? To think some applicants already got accepted on Oct 15 and we're just praying for IIs lol!
Same boat...the SS Give Me an II Plz
Considering sending an SOS signal soon
 
LizzyM < 65 (depends on how GPA is calculated)
Nontrad
2 MD II's (surprise considering I'm shooting for DO)
1 DO II
All OOS
Many rejections and a few holds
Silence from all Texas schools (Texan. Given TMDSAS time frame can assume all rejections)

Primary complete in June but I work full time and am married so had to trickle them secondaries in. Still not done with a few secondaries yet.

Best of luck to everyone!


Edit: All holds are MD (more surprise)
 
Last edited:
3.3 science GPA. First acceptance and 8 more IIs to hear from!!!

I totally did not expect any of this. I enrolled in a SMP last year, but decided to just take a chance on applying first and withdrew. So glad I did. I wish you all the best of luck!!
 
3.3 science GPA. First acceptance and 8 more IIs to hear from!!!

I totally did not expect any of this. I enrolled in a SMP last year, but decided to just take a chance on applying first and withdrew. So glad I did. I wish you all the best of luck!!
Do you mind sharing your MCAT score? and congrats!!
 
Hi Guys, I need a bit of friendly advice. I currently only have 1 II being complete at most schools in mid july-august, and am worried. I'm thinking of applying to a couple DO schools as a backup but I honestly know very little about them. The one's Im thinking of are CCOM, PCOM and Touro-NY. I know its already pretty late to start that but I think I maybe should? Its so expensive tho! Primary alone is over $250 and i'm trying to pay off all this debt... Do you think its time? and advice on those schools.

LizzyM 67, heavy research background, top public school, CA resident
II: Rosalind Franklin (mid november)
rejections: Tulane, BU, Case western college program
hold: GW
silence: 21
 
Hi Guys, I need a bit of friendly advice. I currently only have 1 II being complete at most schools in mid july-august, and am worried. I'm thinking of applying to a couple DO schools as a backup but I honestly know very little about them. The one's Im thinking of are CCOM, PCOM and Touro-NY. I know its already pretty late to start that but I think I maybe should? Its so expensive tho! Primary alone is over $250 and i'm trying to pay off all this debt... Do you think its time? and advice on those schools.

LizzyM 67, heavy research background, top public school, CA resident
II: Rosalind Franklin (mid november)
rejections: Tulane, BU, Case western college program
hold: GW
silence: 21

We are pretty much the same applicant. I too have only one II and a lot of silence. I would recommend applying to DO schools. Think of it like this: it's not too late to apply DO so there's still time, and it only raises you chances of acceptance to become a physician this cycle. Your alternatives are to stay the course and continue to worry, and who knows: maybe you're get a MD acceptance, maybe you won't and you'll have to apply next cycle. Applying DO cannot hurt you.
 
Hi Guys, I need a bit of friendly advice. I currently only have 1 II being complete at most schools in mid july-august, and am worried. I'm thinking of applying to a couple DO schools as a backup but I honestly know very little about them. The one's Im thinking of are CCOM, PCOM and Touro-NY. I know its already pretty late to start that but I think I maybe should? Its so expensive tho! Primary alone is over $250 and i'm trying to pay off all this debt... Do you think its time? and advice on those schools.

LizzyM 67, heavy research background, top public school, CA resident
II: Rosalind Franklin (mid november)
rejections: Tulane, BU, Case western college program
hold: GW
silence: 21

While it's true that applying DO won't hurt you, I'm just throwing it out there that it's still early in the cycle! Even if it doesn't feel like it (because we've been waiting for what feels like forever). Many schools interview through January, some as late as February and March. Just because you've got a lot of silence so far doesn't mean you won't get more II's and acceptances! Applications are expensive...

I feel you, though. I myself have had moments of panic, wondering if I've applied to enough schools given the fact that I've also only received 1 II so far... :nailbiting:
 
While it's true that applying DO won't hurt you, I'm just throwing it out there that it's still early in the cycle! Even if it doesn't feel like it (because we've been waiting for what feels like forever). Many schools interview through January, some as late as February and March. Just because you've got a lot of silence so far doesn't mean you won't get more II's and acceptances! Applications are expensive...

I feel you, though. I myself have had moments of panic, wondering if I've applied to enough schools given the fact that I've also only received 1 II so far... :nailbiting:


The only negative is the cost.... do you know if the DOs also have fees for secondaries? or is it all up front
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only negative is the cost.... do you know if the DOs also have fees for secondaries? or is it all up front
Touro's is $200. PCOM's is like $55. The problem with DO schools is the $1000+ non-refundable deposit due after you get accepted
 
LizzyM ~64

MD
1 II
0 Acceptances
1 Waitlist
1 On Hold
3 Rejections
Silence from 8 other schools

DO
2 IIs
0 Acceptances
0 Rejections
Haven't filled out all of my secondaries (waiting to hear back from one school first)

Felt so hopeful after that first MD interview I had... Then it all crumbled when I was waitlisted. 🙁 Shooting for DO now, and we'll see what happens! Best of luck to everyone.
 
Okayyyy. Posting for all this luck I keep hearing about. 😛 I'm borderline LizzyM 70 (only because of a retake). So if you average my MCATs, I'm below 70.

II: 2 (both in state)
One interview completed; they haven't started giving acceptances. One interview in 2 and a half weeks.
Silence: 8

I didn't apply to that many schools, but I'm still hoping for good luck from them and the schools at which I'm interviewing. :xf: Reapplicant.