You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread
Started by kilez12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I guess I'll update.
67
MD II: 5
MD Applied: 19
MD reject: 2
No DO schools.
67
MD II: 5
MD Applied: 19
MD reject: 2
No DO schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man. At first I was worried I wouldn't get any interviews. Now that that I have 1 DO, 1 MD, I keep thinking about getting more. This process is making me greedy but I'd reaaaaally appreciate a couple more MD interviews. I think just 4 interviews would put me in a pretty solid mental place.
LizzyM 66-67. Applied to 39 schools (5 DO, the rest MD)
Interviews: TCOM and TAMHSC
Secondaries: Mayo, WFSOM, and UCSF
Rejections: Tulane, MSU CHM, Keck
LizzyM 66-67. Applied to 39 schools (5 DO, the rest MD)
Interviews: TCOM and TAMHSC
Secondaries: Mayo, WFSOM, and UCSF
Rejections: Tulane, MSU CHM, Keck
Last edited:
Posting for luck for my final school decision that should be coming out this week 🙁 🙁
LizzyM: 69
6 II MD🙁BU, Stritch, Gtown, Miami, UCI, Cal Northstate)
2 II DO: Touro CA, Western COMP
3 holds: (Albany, NYMC, GW)
2 Waitlists (Miami, Gtown)
1 rejection: Tulane
31 Schools total....
Please UCI you're my only hope of an acceptance in the near future 🙁
LizzyM: 69
6 II MD🙁BU, Stritch, Gtown, Miami, UCI, Cal Northstate)
2 II DO: Touro CA, Western COMP
3 holds: (Albany, NYMC, GW)
2 Waitlists (Miami, Gtown)
1 rejection: Tulane
31 Schools total....
Please UCI you're my only hope of an acceptance in the near future 🙁
MD? Eh pretty late. DO? Still good.Is it too late to submit my primary to a few more schools? Would it be a waste of money/time?
FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!!! 
3 II
2 Hold
1 Rejection
1 Acceptance

3 II
2 Hold
1 Rejection
1 Acceptance
Last edited:
All right, jumping in on the bandwagon.
Applying mostly MD:
2 II (EVMS and GW)
0 holds
0 acceptances
Nothing from the 13 other MD schools, but I wasn't complete until mid-September so I'm not worried yet. Still waiting on a secondary from VCU! Will be finishing up DO secondaries soon.
Applying mostly MD:
2 II (EVMS and GW)
0 holds
0 acceptances
Nothing from the 13 other MD schools, but I wasn't complete until mid-September so I'm not worried yet. Still waiting on a secondary from VCU! Will be finishing up DO secondaries soon.
Lizzy M 65-67? 68
17 applications
4 Interviews
1 Rejection
still waiting on 12 schools
.......and I applied D.O but not sure I'm going to finish the secondaries.....
17 applications
4 Interviews
1 Rejection
still waiting on 12 schools
.......and I applied D.O but not sure I'm going to finish the secondaries.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM ~68. Multiple F's, W's, D's and C's in undergrad. uGPA far below 10th percentile. SMP 4.0, MCAT far above 90th percentile. Don't have a special story. Not a URM. Graduated undergrad and aced an SMP starting the following fall, re-took the MCAT and scored very well, published some research, added more clinical volunteering and community service and applied.
Applied to 16 MD schools
1 Rejection pre-secondary
2 Rejections post-secondary
4 II's
4 Acceptances
Applied to 16 MD schools
1 Rejection pre-secondary
2 Rejections post-secondary
4 II's
4 Acceptances
LizzyM ~68. Multiple F's, W's, D's and C's in undergrad. uGPA far below 10th percentile. SMP 4.0, MCAT far above 90th percentile. Don't have a special story. Not a URM. Graduated undergrad and aced an SMP starting the following fall, re-took the MCAT and scored very well, published some research, added more clinical volunteering and community service and applied.
Applied to 16 MD schools
1 Rejection pre-secondary
2 Rejections post-secondary
4 II's
4 Acceptances
Which smp did you do if you don't mind me asking?
Congrats on 4 acceptances!!
Awesome Congrats!!Accepted into my state MD school today!
First MD acceptance for me! I'm so thrilled to be looking at a much cheaper medical education!
Congratulations!Accepted into my state MD school today!
First MD acceptance for me! I'm so thrilled to be looking at a much cheaper medical education!
I'm very excited to see the transition from IIs to acceptances in this thread! Though I have yet to have my first interview so there is no chance I will be part of that trend for a while haha 🙂Congrats! You need to update your MDApps now 😉Accepted into my state MD school today!
First MD acceptance for me! I'm so thrilled to be looking at a much cheaper medical education!
LM ~67
36 MD Schools Applied
19 Silence (3 holds)
6 Pre-interview Rejections
11 II (8 attended)
1 Waitlist
0 Post-interview Rejections
0 Acceptances
And the wait continues... Hoping for some good news soon!
Congrats to all those acceptances out there, and also really wishing everyone else the best of luck, this process is brutal
36 MD Schools Applied
19 Silence (3 holds)
6 Pre-interview Rejections
11 II (8 attended)
1 Waitlist
0 Post-interview Rejections
0 Acceptances
And the wait continues... Hoping for some good news soon!
Congrats to all those acceptances out there, and also really wishing everyone else the best of luck, this process is brutal
Congrats on 11- II's..thats nuts!! Im so jealous!!!!11 II (8 attended)
Might as well update
NonTrad Student, LizzyM 66-69, MCAT < 30
~27 Secondaries, 15 DO, 12 MD
10 II( 8 DO (attended 4), 2 MD)
3 DO Acceptances, 2 MD acceptances (one my state schools and top choice)
Just waiting for any new IIs and maybe scholarships, otherwise, I just have to finish some prereqs and relax, couldn't be happier.
Congrats to all the < 70 LizzyMers out there with acceptances
NonTrad Student, LizzyM 66-69, MCAT < 30
~27 Secondaries, 15 DO, 12 MD
10 II( 8 DO (attended 4), 2 MD)
3 DO Acceptances, 2 MD acceptances (one my state schools and top choice)
Just waiting for any new IIs and maybe scholarships, otherwise, I just have to finish some prereqs and relax, couldn't be happier.
Congrats to all the < 70 LizzyMers out there with acceptances
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete early/mid July. Currently standing at ~20 silences, 6 rejections, and 1 II (at my state school, resulted in a wait list 🙁).
I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty down right now. I could really use some of the luck that comes from posting on this thread.
I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty down right now. I could really use some of the luck that comes from posting on this thread.
@pshock7 - I totally feel you - I am starting to freak out that maybe there is some glaring issue with my application. I could really use some optimism in the form of a II right about now
67-68 LizzyM
New York Resident
2 rejections
2 pre-interview holds (one of them is my state school 🙁 )
0 II
~complete late august to mid september
really really hoping for some luck this upcoming november !
67-68 LizzyM
New York Resident
2 rejections
2 pre-interview holds (one of them is my state school 🙁 )
0 II
~complete late august to mid september
really really hoping for some luck this upcoming november !
Last edited:
Grats to the Acceptees.
I have gotten two II's from MD schools thus far, and 9 DO IIs. I've been accepted to every DO school I attended an interview at except for 1 where I was waitlisted.
I am really really hoping to get an acceptance from one of those 2 MD schools as its def my top choice. Of course, at this point I'm bracing for the terrible and likely rejection post-interview email as getting accepted to that school would be too good to be true.
I have gotten two II's from MD schools thus far, and 9 DO IIs. I've been accepted to every DO school I attended an interview at except for 1 where I was waitlisted.
I am really really hoping to get an acceptance from one of those 2 MD schools as its def my top choice. Of course, at this point I'm bracing for the terrible and likely rejection post-interview email as getting accepted to that school would be too good to be true.
Updating for some of that <70 luck! 
1 II (Which I just completed and it was AMAZING.😍)
1 Hold
2 Rejections
Still waiting to hear from 11 schools... At least I'm complete at all of them now!

1 II (Which I just completed and it was AMAZING.😍)
1 Hold
2 Rejections
Still waiting to hear from 11 schools... At least I'm complete at all of them now!
LizzyM 68
Secondaries submitted late July
Albany - interviewed early Oct
Albert Einstein - silence
Drexel - rejected post-interview
Hofstra - silence
Jefferson - silence
LECOM - interviewed late Sept
Miami - silence
Mt. Sinai - silence
NYIT - interviewed early Sept
NYMC - pre-interview hold
NYU - silence
Rochester - rejected pre-interview
Rowan - interview in Nov
Rutgers RWJ - silence
Stony Brook - silence
SUNY Buffalo - silence
SUNY Downstate - silence
SUNY Upstate - pre-interview hold
Touro - silence
Secondaries submitted late July
Albany - interviewed early Oct
Albert Einstein - silence
Drexel - rejected post-interview
Hofstra - silence
Jefferson - silence
LECOM - interviewed late Sept
Miami - silence
Mt. Sinai - silence
NYIT - interviewed early Sept
NYMC - pre-interview hold
NYU - silence
Rochester - rejected pre-interview
Rowan - interview in Nov
Rutgers RWJ - silence
Stony Brook - silence
SUNY Buffalo - silence
SUNY Downstate - silence
SUNY Upstate - pre-interview hold
Touro - silence
Last edited:
T
Thpinky
Oh yet another week went by with no interview invites...
Mhmm, preaching to the choirOh yet another week went by with no interview invites...
Just chiming in!
5 II (3 attended)
2 Holds (GW & EVMS)
0 Rejections
0 Acceptances
19 more to go...
Hoping you get some acceptances soon!
I am just really confused on how people with similar stats, or even stats less than mine are getting tons of II's and I'm sitting here barely clinging to 1...I really thought my essays and stuff were good! (Though of course congrats to everyone that is having a very fruitful cycle thus far).
Confused and a bit worried currently.
Confused and a bit worried currently.
I am just really confused on how people with similar stats, or even stats less than mine are getting tons of II's and I'm sitting here barely clinging to 1...I really thought my essays and stuff were good! (Though of course congrats to everyone that is having a very fruitful cycle thus far).
Confused and a bit worried currently.
Im pretty much in the same boat. The 2 II's I have gotten are from schools who accept very few interviewees and put the rest on a waitlist or ones that have less than 25 spots for their whole program..... 🙁
Gets into two schools, isn't content.. Smh you're annoyingII- 5 all done (Waiting on decisions from Pitt, Case, and Penn State)
Rejections- 1 (Brown pre interview)
Acceptances- 2 (VCU, EVMS)
Silence- 8
I know I've had a really great cycle, but I just want a UVA and Dartmouth interview and I'll be content.
Slight update!
8 II (5 MD, 2DO); 7 completed
2 rejections (Brown, Tulane)
1 acceptance (Touro CA)
2 waitlists (Miami, Gtown)
Hoping this good luck lasts me through hearing from UCI *fingers crossed*
8 II (5 MD, 2DO); 7 completed
2 rejections (Brown, Tulane)
1 acceptance (Touro CA)
2 waitlists (Miami, Gtown)
Hoping this good luck lasts me through hearing from UCI *fingers crossed*
The way you initially phrased it sounded like a humblebgrag but when you describe it like this it makes sense. Try to be more mindful of others and congrats on your success.I guess it might be annoying but I'm a rural guy with a young family and would love to have a shot at a couple of schools in more rural areas. Also I've worked really hard to get where I'm at and I don't think I'm required to be content just because I got an acceptance.
Good luck with the rest of your cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where'd you interview? And congrats!!!LizzyM~66
8II, 6 complete / 2 scheduled
I hope I get an acceptance soon!
Edit: applying all MD
love this thread!
I guess it might be annoying but I'm a rural guy with a young family and would love to have a shot at a couple of schools in more rural areas. Also I've worked really hard to get where I'm at and I don't think I'm required to be content just because I got an acceptance.
Good luck with the rest of your cycle!
You make it seem like you're the only hard worker in this thread.
The truth is, I'm sure there are people here equally or more hard working than you here. The difference is they're humble about it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 107K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K