Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cooper rejected me and I am completely crushed :(

I truly do not know what to do anymore.
Do you have a Plan B or is medicine your only option? If the latter applies, have you looked into other healthcare careers (e.g., NP, PA, RN, etc.)?

(Note: By no means am I suggesting you should give up! But it's always good to have back-up plans for the future; life has a way of being unpredictable.)

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear that chocolate :( keep your head up, there are still other schools you're waiting to hear back from, right? it's definitely not over yet for this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

hey it looks like we are in the same boat but the Earth is round and we shall hit India one day! (we are just going the opposite direction i guess)

I'm sorry. Was this the last school that you were waiting to hear from? If not, I see that people received IIs this week. Even some today.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have a Plan B or is medicine your only option? If the latter applies, have you looked into other healthcare careers (e.g., NP, PA, RN, etc.)?

@Gingy Oh, I know you aren't suggesting that! Being a physician is all I want to be. It's my passion and it is something that I know, if I give up on it [which I won't], I won't be happy with myself for the rest of my life. I know life is unpredictable [heck my life story is proof of that], but with every obstacle, I am going to push though it even if it means a fourth application cycle [gosh, I hope it doesn't come to that though!]

(Note: By no means am I suggesting you should give up! But it's always good to have back-up plans for the future; life has a way of being unpredictable.)

sorry to hear that chocolate :( keep your head up, there are still other schools you're waiting to hear back from, right? it's definitely not over yet for this cycle!

@cmo217 I am done being sad for the day - done throwing a pity party for myself - going to look up now! Yep, there are a bunch I am waiting to hear from, hopefully one of those pans out!

Sorry chocolate :( been rooting for you

@Okazaki Frag Grenade thank you so much - your support [and everyone else's] means so much to me!

hey it looks like we are in the same boat but the Earth is round and we shall hit India one day! (we are just going the opposite direction i guess)

@Allfreeclear14 heck yeah we will!

I'm sorry. Was this the last school that you were waiting to hear from? If not, I see that people received IIs this week. Even some today.

@Citygirl44 Nope, I have a bunch more to hear back from. Crossing my fingers!

Reactions: 4 users
@cmo217 I am done being sad for the day - done throwing a pity party for myself - going to look up now! Yep, there are a bunch I am waiting to hear from, hopefully one of those pans out!

I hope you hear some good news soon, I'm sure you will!! I know I always say this, but having someone close to me go through this process multiple times and eventually have success gives me so much hope. My cousin didn't have her first interview her second cycle till mid-late March and now she's an MS2 so I know from personal experience that there's hope! :)

SLU rejection... time to grab a tub of ice cream

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that. There are still many schools that you have to hear back from, and I have confidence that one of them will work out. I've told this story before here, but I'll repeat it. One of my good friends who was a senior last year got his first and only interview invitation in March, and was accepted. It's not over until you say it is. I know from reading your posts that you are a wonderful person, and that you will make a great doctor.

Reactions: 10 users
You're on fire!

I reiterate...if you don't get into medical school I will literally eat my hat. And my hat isn't very good.

I will try my best. Because I certainly don't want you to have to eat your hat

Well guys... it is tough to see so many people feel so bad about tehir dilemma; I wish I coudl do something, but all I can do is to wish y'al the best of fortunes becasue there are still a handful who interview until march.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sincerely sorry to hear that. There are still many schools that you have to hear back from, and I have confidence that one of them will work out. I've told this story before here, but I'll repeat it. One of my good friends who was a senior last year got his first and only interview invitation in March, and was accepted. It's not over until you say it is. I know from reading your posts that you are a wonderful person, and that you will make a great doctor.

Besides the fact you like the same shows as me, this made me swoon Thank you for your belief in me as well as all those other well wishers who have wished me here or pm'ed me. I cannot tell you how much it means to me!!! You all are truly the best and I would be honored to be in any of your incoming classes. Gosh this crew is bloody awesome (I love the Brits haha hence the bloody!)

Mehhh another week gone, 2 more rejections. Even if I walked away from the cycle with one random interview and no acceptance, I'd at least feel like I was somewhat on the right track! ugh, this process can get so disheartening some times.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 9 users
The rejections keep coming...no interviews D:

Was placed on a pre-II hold for UA-Tucson. Was supposed to hear back from them about an hour ago about a final decision and still haven't heard anything yet lol hoping for the best

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
I got the axe at UCF today.. Bit disappointed cause my SO goes there for undergrad and I have a bit of a family connection to FL

its so sad to see all these silences turn into rejections... 0 II

Very quiet on this thread

Anyone have any idea when quinnipiac interviews until? Trying to figure out what schools I have a chance with still

I finally got my first acceptance (!!), so I'm signing off this thread, but I'm wishing the rest of y'all the BEST of luck!! This thread really helped me keep my sanity during the cycle. No matter what happens this year or the next or for the rest of your life, just know that all of you are brilliant, wonderful people who deserve to have all your hard work pay off :) And I know this may be cliche, but if you don't get accepted this cycle, it's not the end of the world! Just keep doing what you love and continue to work hard!

Reactions: 24 users
I really hope something good happens this week!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I finally got my first acceptance (!!), so I'm signing off this thread, but I'm wishing the rest of y'all the BEST of luck!! This thread really helped me keep my sanity during the cycle. No matter what happens this year or the next or for the rest of your life, just know that all of you are brilliant, wonderful people who deserve to have all your hard work pay off :) And I know this may be cliche, but if you don't get accepted this cycle, it's not the end of the world! Just keep doing what you love and continue to work hard!
Congrats!!! Happy for you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today. So many feels

Reactions: 26 users
Pre II rejections from SLU and Virginia Tech.

It's hard to hold onto any hope for interview invites in late february

I just saw some Einstein invites..got excited for a second..haha

Rejections today from rush, Virginia tech, and suny downstate.

My gosh, I don't even know if I'm going to get an II this cycle at all. Wow.

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting for my downstate rejection..I think its coming later cause I wasnt complete till like Sept. I wish NY schools were different.

Rejected by Arizona, UCF and Loyola within the past week. Looking back at my school list I should have applied to a much different list. I was too hopeful lol. FML.

Reactions: 6 users
I have a feeling that this may be "hell" week.

Going to try to just check my emails once per day and deal with everything at about 6 pm ( good or bad). Constantly checking all day and getting depressed can't be good.

I have a feeling that this may be "hell" week.

Going to try to just check my emails once per day and deal with everything at about 6 pm ( good or bad). Constantly checking all day and getting depressed can't be good.

That was a really effective plan for me. 6 pm was a good time because I was home from work, so I wasn't starting my day with it and I wasn't risking "have you heard?/any schools get back to you?/any interviews yet?" from co-workers. Plus it was far away enough from my bedtime that I wasn't going to bed anxious/upset.

ugh have had a similarly depressing week with 3 rejections, starting to completely lose hope for getting in this cycle. @XxThaDoggxX are you planning on retaking the mcat if you have to reapply? starting to think i might and it makes me want to jump off of a bridge.
Not @XxThaDoggxX but I'm planning on retaking the MCAT if I don't get in :( recently started studying

I got rejected by Arizona last week and they sent me the same rejection letter THREE times today. I get it, you guys..

also Downstate :(