Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's my least favorite question. It doesn't necessarily have to be a special skill per se; have you had extensive experience in something? For example, since I started college I ended up doing a lot of teaching work from the elementary to college level. I talked about this for some of my secondaries if I felt I could bring it back to the mission of the school because it's something that a lot people probably can't claim. So I suppose I would start by looking at your application to see if there is anything that you concentrated on that makes you unique, and expand on that.I've been following this thread from the beginning and I also want to keep it going. Since I didn't join your ranks this year and reapplying, can any of you give me advice on how I should approach the "how can you contribute to the diversity of school X" essay. I don't have any special skills, so I was thinking about approaching this question by writing about my work experience. Is that a good approach?