Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Huge congrats on the acceptance, I can tell how bad you wanted it. Keep in mind that the stresses of medical school tend to break people if they don't keep their minds right, so rest up now and prepare to give it your all. stay fresh and focused on the positives of life going forward and you'll be just fine, best of luck!
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it. I actually enjoy huge amounts of work; it's the horrible uncertainty of the application cycle that I found so awful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Bananafish I'm so happy for you, you've been here for all of us and good news for you has been long overdue. I don't think I'm alone in saying you've been a huge help to so many of us all year and that you earned it.

Now, throw out that AMCAS 2017 and enjoy this victory!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Bananafish I'm so happy for you, you've been here for all of us and good news for you has been long overdue. I don't think I'm alone in saying you've been a huge help to so many of us all year and that you earned it.

Now, throw out that AMCAS 2017 and enjoy this victory!

AMCAS 2017 is no more! Although I must say that my new personal statement is DRASTICALLY better than my old one. It couldn't have happened any other way. If I had been admitted in October, I would have thought I was hot stuff the whole year and would have had a cruel awakening in medical school. This has made me want it so much more and I will relish every ounce of work I have to do in medical school because of it.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS 2017 is no more! Although I must say that my new personal statement is DRASTICALLY better than my old one. It couldn't have happened any other way. If I had been admitted in October, I would have thought I was hot stuff the whole year and would have had a cruel awakening in medical school. This has made me want it so much more and I will relish every ounce of work I have to do in medical school because of it.

You could always withdraw and reapply if it's that much better

Reactions: 4 users
You could always withdraw and reapply if it's that much better

Honestly I think somebody would have to be certifiably insane to do that. Two days ago I can safely say I would have given away everything I own for an acceptance at any medical school anywhere.

Honestly I think somebody would have to be certifiably insane to do that. Two days ago I can safely say I would have given away everything I own for an acceptance at any medical school anywhere.

I'm so happy for you! An acceptance the day after you complained about another WL, lol! Brings me hope with my 1 WL. I am still at homelessness to trade for an acceptance....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats bananafish had been rooting for you all along!

Oh my god guys, we are very close to hitting 100 pages on this thread :heckyeah:

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to post this on the thread where this weird and wild story began. Today, almost an entire year after submitting my applications to medical school, I was finally accepted to my top choice medical school off of the waitlist. In October, I started becoming concerned that I had not received a single interview invitation even though some of my contemporaries had already been accepted. By December, this had progressed to a full panic and I fell into what I would probably call some kind of a depression. Being a future doctor was the only way I had ever seen myself! How could this be happening to me? But at the very end of my fall semester, I received my first interview to Rush Medical College, my dream school. It was the only time in my life I have legitimately cried of happiness. And I got three more interviews shortly thereafter! I was over the moon. I finally felt like things were looking up for me. Time passed, and I went to every single interview feeling like I absolutely nailed it. This contributed to my frustration when I proceeded to get waitlisted at every single school. And just like I had in the fall semester, I went to a very dark place. I felt like medical school admissions occupied everything in my mind and informed everything I did. My college graduation was one of the lowest points of my life. My family tried to be supportive but they didn’t really understand the process enough to know what it was like. Most of my friends aren’t pre-med students and those that are had mostly been accepted. But I found unwavering, and frankly unwarranted, support from everyone on SDN, particularly in this thread. There is a very good chance I will never meet any of you, but I consider you all true friends. I love you all! Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life.

I would periodically check this thread in hopes of seeing you get accepted. I'm glad I decided to check it today! Horray!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, I have officially disproven the "no interview by Thanksgiving means no acceptance" rule.

Reactions: 12 users
By the way, I have officially disproven the "no interview by Thanksgiving means no acceptance" rule.
I think a lot of ppl have, your chances just dwindle and you lose three years of your life due to stress

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I wanted to post this on the thread where this weird and wild story began. Today, almost an entire year after submitting my applications to medical school, I was finally accepted to my top choice medical school off of the waitlist. In October, I started becoming concerned that I had not received a single interview invitation even though some of my contemporaries had already been accepted. By December, this had progressed to a full panic and I fell into what I would probably call some kind of a depression. Being a future doctor was the only way I had ever seen myself! How could this be happening to me? But at the very end of my fall semester, I received my first interview to Rush Medical College, my dream school. It was the only time in my life I have legitimately cried of happiness. And I got three more interviews shortly thereafter! I was over the moon. I finally felt like things were looking up for me. Time passed, and I went to every single interview feeling like I absolutely nailed it. This contributed to my frustration when I proceeded to get waitlisted at every single school. life.

SO MUCH CONGRATS FOR YOU. MADE ME TEAR UP TO READ THIS

I wanted to post this on the thread where this weird and wild story began. Today, almost an entire year after submitting my applications to medical school, I was finally accepted to my top choice medical school off of the waitlist. In October, I started becoming concerned that I had not received a single interview invitation even though some of my contemporaries had already been accepted. By December, this had progressed to a full panic and I fell into what I would probably call some kind of a depression. Being a future doctor was the only way I had ever seen myself! How could this be happening to me? But at the very end of my fall semester, I received my first interview to Rush Medical College, my dream school. It was the only time in my life I have legitimately cried of happiness. And I got three more interviews shortly thereafter! I was over the moon. I finally felt like things were looking up for me. Time passed, and I went to every single interview feeling like I absolutely nailed it. This contributed to my frustration when I proceeded to get waitlisted at every single school. And just like I had in the fall semester, I went to a very dark place. I felt like medical school admissions occupied everything in my mind and informed everything I did. My college graduation was one of the lowest points of my life. My family tried to be supportive but they didn’t really understand the process enough to know what it was like. Most of my friends aren’t pre-med students and those that are had mostly been accepted. But I found unwavering, and frankly unwarranted, support from everyone on SDN, particularly in this thread. There is a very good chance I will never meet any of you, but I consider you all true friends. I love you all! Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life.

giphy (1).gif
http---mashable.com-wp-content-gallery-triumph-colbert-report.gif
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users
I would periodically check this thread in hopes of seeing you get accepted. I'm glad I decided to check it today! Horray!!!
+1 ^^
Congrats! I hope you had a huge celebratory holiday weekend :D

+1 ^^
Congrats! I hope you had a huge celebratory holiday weekend :D

A lot of celebrating, but also a lot of work trying to prepare for the fact that I'm going to medical school in two months! When they say that some people get admitted the day before class starts I don't even know how that's possible with all the bureaucratic stuff and housing and whatnot.

Reactions: 2 users
A lot of celebrating, but also a lot of work trying to prepare for the fact that I'm going to medical school in two months! When they say that some people get admitted the day before class starts I don't even know how that's possible with all the bureaucratic stuff and housing and whatnot.

My cousin got admitted to grad school like two days before classes started, and my aunt said she was a total wreck trying to get everything together at the last minute.

My cousin got admitted to grad school like two days before classes started, and my aunt said she was a total wreck trying to get everything together at the last minute.
My co-worker's friend's daughter got the med school acceptance call on the day of the white coat ceremony. I can't even imagine...:dead:

My co-worker's friend's daughter got the med school acceptance call on the day of the white coat ceremony. I can't even imagine...:dead:

I am thinking about writing a letter to the dean of admission. I don't want to keep repeating anything that I said in previous letters or in my personal statement. Do you have any suggestions of a creative way to emphasize how much I would like to attend a particular school?

I am thinking about writing a letter to the dean of admission. I don't want to keep repeating anything that I said in previous letters or in my personal statement. Do you have any suggestions of a creative way to emphasize how much I would like to attend a particular school?

I will pm you! :)

Show, don't tell. Don't just tell them that you want to attend the school, ask them to set up an appointment to discuss improving your application for next year, ask them about applying early, etc. Emphasize that you are willing to put in all work necessary to attend the school.

Congrats to you. Following your story for awhile, and it is a joy to see you get accepted after being through the wringer. Enjoy this moment!

Congrats to you. Following your story for awhile, and it is a joy to see you get accepted after being through the wringer. Enjoy this moment!
Thank you, kind soul. It's a tremendous weight off my shoulders but I won't be satisfied until everyone on this thread is accepted! Congratulations to you too.

Thank you, kind soul. It's a tremendous weight off my shoulders but I won't be satisfied until everyone on this thread is accepted! Congratulations to you too.
You better talk exactly like how you type here at rush

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Have they told anyone anything?

I don't think so. I am getting very very tired. I feel old, mentally and physically. Not in terms of oh I am getting older, but oh just how much stress and waiting makes you older, and how much you think you're so close to achieving your dream and you're really not.

I don't think so. I am getting very very tired. I feel old, mentally and physically. Not in terms of oh I am getting older, but oh just how much stress and waiting makes you older, and how much you think you're so close to achieving your dream and you're really not.

I know the feeling, although I can't pretend to know what it's like to go through it as many times as you have. But you are closer to your dream, the fact that you have an interview is evidence of that. The admissions process is simply horrible, without question. But you're better than it.

I know the feeling, although I can't pretend to know what it's like to go through it as many times as you have. But you are closer to your dream, the fact that you have an interview is evidence of that. The admissions process is simply horrible, without question. But you're better than it.

yes I have an interview but it is not an acceptance yet.

CONGRATS!!! You deserve this so much

Swift rejection from UVM (only through the portal) after being put under review and spring hold at Drexel. I have a feeling that my interview season may be over even though I have 13 schools to hear from (10 likely ones once you take out the reaches)

:(

;)

We need to at least get to 100 pages guys

If we can keep this thing running until August the next batch of applicants will give it new life, and the phoenix will rise from our glorious ashes.

Hahah yes, I love that.

I am happy to say that my bank account has finally risen to the amount I had before this whole application process started. Probably the last time I'll be saving any money for a while.

Hahah yes, I love that.

I am happy to say that my bank account has finally risen to the amount I had before this whole application process started. Probably the last time I'll be saving any money for a while.
There's an ongoing saga at my job with direct deposit issues, so I've been living a spartan lifestyle until I can actually be paid. I hope to save a decent amount of money before school starts. Luckily, the apartment I'm currently living in is very cheap and I don't spend much money on myself.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I also want to keep it going. Since I didn't join your ranks this year and reapplying, can any of you give me advice on how I should approach the "how can you contribute to the diversity of school X" essay. I don't have any special skills, so I was thinking about approaching this question by writing about my work experience. Is that a good approach?