Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stats please?
help us out lol

noice, are you a URM or just vanilla
but also congrats, I think I'll probably have very similar stats when I apply (~3.5 cgpa and sgpa, probably 514 MCAT)

Yes, I am sure haha I knew your username looked familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I would say something comforting, but I put your username and use of "dank memes" together with who you are on reddit.

Everyone that's waiting, just be patient. I know it's hard, but if you've been watching this thread you know that sometimes all it takes is a bit of time. There are people like me who didn't get any II's last cycle, and with just a bit of work ended up with an acceptance and 4 II's this cycle so far. Keep your heads up, the cycle isn't over until it's over, and there is still plenty of time left.

There is sooooo much time left...I don't think I had been offered a single II yet at this point...Wait until the Thanksgiving rule goes into effect to start being moderately worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had to take a break from apps this year. Last year was far too draining emotionally and financially... Hopefully the next cycle sees me getting into somewhere :)

Last edited:
And anecdotally, I know a few people who got post new year II's and matriculated. So it happens

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Me and mcatjelly are both still active in our school's 2016-2017 thread and I'm just like WHO ARE YOU. I think we're both also active in terms of giving tours and interviews for the current cycle's candidates and it is still a mystery LOL

Lol I'm such a creep but I'm 99% sure I know who you are. :p

Lol I'm such a creep but I'm 99% sure I know who you are. :p
it's my MDapps isn't it LOL
I thought I knew who you were but after some quick stalking you are not who I thought you were and now I am back at square one :I

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG I literally just realized that after posting ahaha. I tried to delete my comment but thanks for the headsup. applications got me like :boom:
hah no worries, I know the feeling all too well.

At this point I realize there is a strong likelihood that I will have to reapply. When I reapply, do I need to get letters of recommendation rewritten?

At this point I realize there is a strong likelihood that I will have to reapply. When I reapply, do I need to get letters of recommendation rewritten?
Some schools require your letters to have been written within a certain time frame (like some won't accept any that are over one year old). And if the letter writer knows you very and well and you've continued your relationship since then (i.e. they're a PI whose lab you work in) it would probably be advisable to throw in some updates. But I don't think you necessarily have to get each one rewritten.

HOW THE F DID THIS YEAR'S THREAD GET CLOSED?????:eek:

Some schools require your letters to have been written within a certain time frame (like some won't accept any that are over one year old). And if the letter writer knows you very and well and you've continued your relationship since then (i.e. they're a PI whose lab you work in) it would probably be advisable to throw in some updates. But I don't think you necessarily have to get each one rewritten.
Thanks! Seeing as I actively work for only one of my letter writers, I would probably need only one update, depending on date requirements as you said.

HOW THE F DID THIS YEAR'S THREAD GET CLOSED?????:eek:

Dare I say his name... The one they call "Bara"
ollivander-greatness.gif

Reactions: 12 users
Hey guys, what is the likelihood that schools would send interview invites within the next few months if an applicant had applied somewhat late (mostly early September)?

Hey guys, what is the likelihood that schools would send interview invites within the next few months if an applicant had applied somewhat late (mostly early September)?
It will vary wildly from school to school...some start wrapping up around now, and some will continue to send interviews well into the spring. I would say that you're still in the game for the next couple of months but it couldn't hurt to start thinking about Plan B for next year.

Three rejections this week, 6 total. Only 2-3 reasonable schools remain..

jT4PA9u.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

jT4PA9u.jpg
i am with you my friend. 1 rejection this week, 5 total, 2-3 reasonable schools. if i didn't have an interview to look forward to i feel like i would do something drastic (a la britney 2007).

jT4PA9u.jpg

This is truth right here.

1 rejection this week, 5 total rejects, 14 left, 2 holds + 5ish reasonable

Ah damn the MCAT score drop really stinks, man. You might be one of those applicants who gets a burst of IIs in January onwards. Do they still consider your first score?

Thanks for the encouragement!

Who knows, I'm banking on the hope they'll see it and give some weight to my consistency in the other 2, arguably more important, sections.

Dump question but why does the 2016-2017 thread keep being locked?

Well gang. Week started off with several rejections but I finally got my first II

Reactions: 18 users
Well, one year ago today I certainly would not have expected to be finishing up my first semester of medical school now. It's been an absolutely wonderful experience. I can't believe how lucky I am that everything worked out this way.

Reactions: 18 users
Well, one year ago today I certainly would not have expected to be finishing up my first semester of medical school now. It's been an absolutely wonderful experience. I can't believe how lucky I am that everything worked out this way.
Fingers crossed I can say the same next year. Happy Monday everyone! Feeling very down today, and would love some encouragement. Is it all over? I'm sitting on one II and three rejections. Silence from 15 or so. Feeling like there's slim to no chance of anything else.

Fingers crossed I can say the same next year. Happy Monday everyone! Feeling very down today, and would love some encouragement. Is it all over? I'm sitting on one II and three rejections. Silence from 15 or so. Feeling like there's slim to no chance of anything else.
It's not over until it's over! For what it's worth, I didn't get accepted into med school until mid-May, and that was 50 rejections later. While it's okay to be hopeful, you might want to start thinking about a plan B just in case things don't work out this time around ie. start looking into post-bacs if you feel that your grades might be lacking or look for opportunities to boost your overall resume (research, community service, etc.). Best of luck to you and hope things work out this cycle! :)

Given your one interview, you're doing considerably better than I was doing at this point last year! So it's far from over. Obviously it would be better to have an acceptance but unfortunately that's just the way this process goes.

Reactions: 3 users
Given your one interview, you're doing considerably better than I was doing at this point last year! So it's far from over. Obviously it would be better to have an acceptance but unfortunately that's just the way this process goes.
ahhh i hope i have the same luck you did last cycle - currently sitting on a few holds and some rejections with 20+ schools left to hear from. Hard not to be really anxious and nervous :(

doing my best to stay hopeful though!

i also miss the 2016-2017 no interview thread :(

ahhh i hope i have the same luck you did last cycle - currently sitting on a few holds and some rejections with 20+ schools left to hear from. Hard not to be really anxious and nervous :(

doing my best to stay hopeful though!

I had terrible luck all the way up to the moment that I didn't. All you need is one!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't lose hope!
My acceptance came Friday the 13th of May!

Reactions: 5 users
Ha I was surprised to see this thread still on the front page of pre-allo. Feels like forever ago I was posting here!

Reactions: 2 users
Hahah ya you think the anxiety will go away once you get accepted and then you actually start med school and realize nope it never goes away.
For the first month I was still expecting to be kicked out because I forgot to turn in immunizations or something.

Reactions: 2 users
Hahah ya you think the anxiety will go away once you get accepted and then you actually start med school and realize nope it never goes away.

For the first month I was still expecting to be kicked out because I forgot to turn in immunizations or something.

One of my professors said "You never really stop worrying about them kicking you out until your admissions dean retires, then you can exhale"

Is there still a chance at receiving an interview after New Years?