*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Pitt, Temple, Case, and Louisville. Pa resident. Leaning towards Temple and Pitt bc of COA.

Not sure if i want to specialize. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I say Louisville unless you have instate somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think any acceptances will be coming in this week or are we all waiting until January now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to figure out what's more stressful in life ...patiently waiting for your top choice to admit you or final exams. It's a tough battle.
I feel this on a very deep level

Reactions: 5 users
Got put on the "Alternate list" for the University of Utah. Ranked in low 20s

Interviewed early October. In-state

Accepted
School: Indiana / Marquette
Notification date: 12/1/2016
Method of notification: email / call
Residency: In
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 21, 19, 22, no

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received any notifications of their status AFTER Dec 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Rutgers, Nova, and Touro on Dec 1st.

I'm undecided whether to go to Rutgers or Touro (I want to stay in the tri-state area).

I know Rutgers is cheaper (once I get NJ residency), more established, and is renowned for its clinical experience, but I'm a Touro undergraduate, so I'm familiar with the system. I trust Touro will be a successful institution, and I observe the Jewish holidays, which Touro gives off. I'm more concerned with the kinks Touro Dental will have to work out vs. the things I've heard about the difficulty of the Rutgers curriculum. I'm interested in general dentistry, so specialty slots are not a concern of mine.

Any advice?

Reactions: 2 users
It may be a hard decision, but anyone of these schools is going to make you into a fantastic dentist! Congratulations!
Thank you for posting this. I'm having a difficult time choosing which dental school I want to go to, thinking that there must be one right place for me. It's important that I keep in mind what you said.

I was accepted to Rutgers, Nova, and Touro on Dec 1st.

I'm undecided whether to go to Rutgers or Touro (I want to stay in the tri-state area).

I know Rutgers is cheaper (once I get NJ residency), more established, and is renowned for its clinical experience, but I'm a Touro undergraduate, so I'm familiar with the system. I trust Touro will be a successful institution, and I observe the Jewish holidays, which Touro gives off. I'm more concerned with the kinks Touro Dental will have to work out vs. the things I've heard about the difficulty of the Rutgers curriculum. I'm interested in general dentistry, so specialty slots are not a concern of mine.

Any advice?
Rutgers hands down. No need to even think about

Reactions: 1 users
I got offered an interview at the end of October and wasn't able to schedule an interview until post-Dec. I was wondering if anyone knows if dental schools would accept people post-Dec interviews over waitlist or visa versa?

Accepted
School: Indiana / Marquette
Notification date: 12/1/2016
Method of notification: email / call
Residency: In
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 21, 19, 22, no

Congratulations on your acceptances! :) both are great schools! Which are you leaning towards?

Anyone else not hear back from the majority of the schools they've applied to? I applied to 16 and had an interview a few days ago and got rejected from UCSF a couple months ago. Other than the interview and the rejection I have not heard a thing from any of the schools...

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else not hear back from the majority of the schools they've applied to? I applied to 16 and had an interview a few days ago and got rejected from UCSF a couple months ago. Other than the interview and the rejection I have not heard a thing from any of the schools...
Im in the same boat. One interview, got rejected....and 2 more rejections without interview other than that nothing.

Acceptance #5: Meharry w/ scholarship! (First year tuition+fees waived)

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats on the acceptance as well as the scholarship! :) that's amazing! What school will you end up picking?

That's a great question, lol. I'm still so blown away that I'm fortunate enough to have multiple offers that I really can't decide just yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted into Texas A&M, UTHSCSA, and UTSD. Trying to decide between A&M and San Antonio. Any thoughts?

Interview #5 UPenn

pm for details

Reactions: 10 users
Interview #4 offered today MWU-IL. Email and portal updated

Interview# 8: Midwestern IL Will be declining.

Last edited:
Interview #1 - Accepted MWU-AZ.

Reactions: 6 users
Same. I've only heard from 3 schools of the 12 I applied to. The others have been oddly quiet.

Interview invite to Midwestern - Illinois.
Declined it.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite at NYU.

3.71 cgpa 3.65 sgpa 23 AA . submitted app to nyu in september

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite #4 BABY!
School: Indiana University School of Dentistry
JUST the motivation I needed as I was about to begin this cram session for my biochemistry final today
Check my post history for full stats, pm for more details, will respond to you beautiful people after my final!
STAY HOPEFUL MY FRIENDS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
I just got an indiana interview also lol! #3 for me too. Been waitilisted at nyu and have touro next month.

Reactions: 9 users