*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you very much. It's a hard decision to make.. :(

It may be a hard decision, but anyone of these schools is going to make you into a fantastic dentist! Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It may be a hard decision, but anyone of these schools is going to make you into a fantastic dentist! Congratulations!
Thank you.. I'm being pretty hard on myself right now because UCSF was my dream.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at: Roseman, Loma Linda, Case Western Reserve, Indiana University, Midwestern-AZ, UNLV, UOPacific, Temple University, and NYU.

"Waitlisted" - UCSF

What a God.

MICHIGAN: Accepted
U of I- Chicago: Accepted
SIU: Accepted
UMKC: Accepted
Marquette: Accepted
MDW-IL: Accepted
Columbia--- > Interview Dec 16th

Best day of my 21 year old life, I'm going to bed

Shout out to SDN for a lit countdown thread last night.

Reactions: 10 users
Reapplicant here!! Applied for the first time 3 years ago and it was a rejection from EVERYWHERE (no interviews at all). This time around I applied late August, received 4 interviews (attended two thus far) and here I stand now...

Acceptance #1: UNE

Acceptance #2: Tufts

:soexcited::biglove:

Last edited:
Reactions: 25 users

OMG!!! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user

Are you not attending UMKC?:sorry:

Ahhhh I'm deciding between UMKC/Marquette/Michigan and hopefully Columbia??? Was not expecting so much good news today so I truly have no idea what I want to do. Umkc is my top choice right now but I'll keep you posted :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh I'm deciding between UMKC/Marquette/Michigan and hopefully Columbia??? Was not expecting so much good news today so I truly have no idea what I want to do. Umkc is my top choice right now but I'll keep you posted :)
Thanks!!! Choose what's better for you, but hopefully UMKC is what's better. :smuggrin::angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
hey guys, i was wondering how do you know if you get rejected or waitlisted? does it show up on the portal?

ACCEPTANCE!!!
WVU (West Virginia University)
method of notification: AADSAS portal status

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED!!
1. Rutgers
2. Buffalo
3. NYU
4. Tufts
5. UCONN
6. Temple

Reactions: 8 users
I only had one interview to Minnesota going in and was getting a lil nervous but I yesterday got an acceptance to Minnesota!!!!! I am beyond happy and thankful for this opportunity. On another note I have like 8 other schools that I just have heard nothing back from, whether it was a rejection or for an interview. I am assuming if they didn't like me at all I would have been rejected already right? When do school typically send out interviews or rejections post December 1st? I'm guessing not hearing anything is better than a flat out rejection, their all still "under review" or "complete".

Reactions: 14 users
I only had one interview to Minnesota going in and was getting a lil nervous but I yesterday got an acceptance to Minnesota!!!!! I am beyond happy and thankful for this opportunity. On another note I have like 8 other schools that I just have heard nothing back from, whether it was a rejection or for an interview. I am assuming if they didn't like me at all I would have been rejected already right? When do school typically send out interviews or rejections post December 1st? I'm guessing not hearing anything is better than a flat out rejection, their all still "under review" or "complete".
Congrats on the acceptance :) Check this thread, it's all about post-dec invites: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/post-december-invites-club.1231330/

For people who got accepted, can you post your DAT score and sGPA? and Congratulations!

Last edited:
@flyingoctopus , what 8 other schools were you talking about if I may ask. I'll understand if you are not willing to share. I haven't heard from several schools such as BU, Tufts and NYU.

Last edited:
"HOLD" email from Marquette. Is this a soft rejection?

same ..is a hold supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? i dont even know :/

I would say its a good thing because you can still be considered for a spot. They already sent out rejections to my knowledge. I was also put on a hold and withdrew my app. So that's one less person on the list.

I also withdrew my app from NYU. (Was put on waitlist).

So are the chances for a post dec 1 interview slim to none? like should I start studying for the GRE for a masters program?

So are the chances for a post dec 1 interview slim to none? like should I start studying for the GRE for a masters program?

It's still so early to come up with plan B. However there are tons of masters and postbac program that made for pre dental purposes that you can easily get in without GRE. Most of master programs that people go is 1 year program at most of schools without any thesis or anything related to graduate program. In other word you only gonna take advance level classes. Good luck and stay optimistic!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reapplicant here!! Applied for the first time 3 years ago and it was a rejection from EVERYWHERE (no interviews at all). This time around I applied late August, received 4 interviews (attended to thus far) and here I stand now...

Acceptance #1: UNE

Acceptance #2: Tufts

:soexcited::biglove:

I absolutely love this message. It made my entire day. Congratulations to you :)

Reactions: 4 users
Marquette: app on "hold" for future consideration (but no rejection)

New Jersey Resident
Accepted: NYU, Tufts, BU, Touro
Rejected: Uconn, Penn,
Waitlist: Nova and Continued Review Buff
Interview Notifications: 11/29 Maryland, Rutgers
GPA 3.5 science and overall
DAT 22TS 20AA
Cant decide, Tufts or NYU

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted: UDM, Indiana, Creighton
Declined: Uconn/Iowa/a couple more from early in the cycle
On hold: Marquette

I have options I didn't think I'd have- I LOVED UDM but I want to take my time and not decide based totally on emotion You?
I'm pretty much set on UDM

New Jersey Resident
Accepted: NYU, Tufts, BU, Touro
Rejected: Uconn, Penn,
Waitlist: Nova and Continued Review Buff
Interview Notifications: 11/29 Maryland, Rutgers
GPA 3.5 science and overall
DAT 22TS 20AA
Cant decide, Tufts or NYU
Why not Touro or BU?

Waitlist at Buffalo

Why not Touro or BU?
Touro was just too new, there were no clinics to be seen although it was a beautiful school and high tech. I like the big class size of Tufts and they put a lot of money into renovations. Seems like the better of the two boston schools. NYU is closer to home.

Touro was just too new, there were no clinics to be seen although it was a beautiful school and high tech. I like the big class size of Tufts and they put a lot of money into renovations. Seems like the better of the two boston schools. NYU is closer to home.

Tough choice to be, the deposits for both schools are pretty big. When si your Rutgers interview? Can you hear back before the deposits are due or no?

Tough choice to be, the deposits for both schools are pretty big. When si your Rutgers interview? Can you hear back before the deposits are due or no?
I think I might pull my apps from Rutgers and Maryland, not a fan of the areas

Email them you will not be considering attending them anymore.