*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New Jersey Resident
Accepted: NYU, Tufts, BU, Touro
Rejected: Uconn, Penn,
Waitlist: Nova and Continued Review Buff
Interview Notifications: 11/29 Maryland, Rutgers
GPA 3.5 science and overall
DAT 22TS 20AA
Cant decide, Tufts or NYU

Tufts!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I think I might pull my apps from Rutgers and Maryland, not a fan of the areas

The difference is 100K if you turn down Rutgers. But of course if money is not a concern, I would choose Tufts over NYU. The students at NYU do not seem happy at all.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from Western without interview.

3.71 cgpa 3.65 sgpa 23AA

Accepted to UTHSCSA, UTSD, and USC!
So conflicted, any suggestions on what to choose?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am in-state for Texas. I'm mostly trying to decide between UTHSCSA and UTSD at this point, but I like them equally! Even though it's a sweet burden, kind of stressed out about it...

School: MWU -AZ
Notification date: 12/1/2016
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: July 7th
Application complete date: " "
GPA (science, overall) 3.43, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/22

One of the happiest days of my life :)

Reactions: 7 users
Me too like yesterday. Got one interview so far and its from Meharry. For UDM, Carol told me it is possible to get an interview invitation in January or Feb. For MWU-IL after December 10th I got update the academic update grades and pull my BCP up to a 2.77. Got one section below a 15 for USC and did not hear from them yet. Same for Touro.

I absolutely love this message. It made my entire day. Congratulations to you :)

Aw thank you so much!!! That means so much to me!!! Have you had wonderful news yet?? If not I'm sending all of my leftover luck your way! *cue dancing banana sending you luck* :banana:

Accepted
School: Louisville / Maryland
Notification date: 12/1/2016
Method of notification: call / email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: Early August (LoR)
Application complete date: Early June
GPA (science, overall) 2.99, 3.04
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22, 22, 24, 26, no

Reactions: 13 users
Acceptance 1: BU
Acceptance 2: Uconn
Acceptance 3: NYU

Reactions: 7 users
Acceptance #1
University of Minnesota

Acceptance #2
Case Western

Acceptance #3
University of Michigan

Acceptance #4
Midwestern-IL

Acceptance #5
Marquette

Acceptance #6
Detroit Mercy

Congratulations on all your acceptances! :) that is an amazing list! Do you currently have a top choice?

Rejection #1 - UM
Rejection #2 - Indiana with Interview
Rejection #3 - West Virginia
life to me - :slap: Fingers crossed for a wave of post-Dec Interviews

Anyone def going to NYU here? theres not much going on in that thread

I'm sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but Im deciding between UW and CU. I am a CO resident so CU is A LOT cheaper. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but Im deciding between UW and CU. I am a CO resident so CU is A LOT cheaper. Any suggestions?

Did you get a better feeling from one of the two during the day of the interview? I can imagine the overall difference could be about 200k for you? am I right? No doubt UW is reputable, I'm sure CU is also great. try to figure out if the cost is a major concern (very important criteria), if you got a better vibe about either one, if the programs offered are supporting your study habits, class size and long term goals and also where do you prefer to live for the next four years.

How much is a lot? For my own benefit, I want you to go to CU because waiting for UW lol, BUT I'm not that type of person. UW is an awesome school, but if the COA difference is considerable, I'd make the most financially sound choice (I'm thinking long term here). Either way, you'll become a dentist.

EDIT: Just looked up resident tuition for CU. Boy that is cheap. You're looking at easily a 250K difference in just tuition alone.

The tuition at CU is cheaper than UCLA. Dang!

How much is a lot? For my own benefit, I want you to go to CU because waiting for UW lol, BUT I'm not that type of person. UW is an awesome school, but if the COA difference is considerable, I'd make the most financially sound choice (I'm thinking long term here). Either way, you'll become a dentist.

EDIT: Just looked up resident tuition for CU. Boy that is cheap. You're looking at easily a 250K difference in just tuition alone.

Yeah it's a pretty huge difference... UW is probably more respected and I'd rather live in Seattle but I am thinking that might not be worth 200k

Yeah it's a pretty huge difference... UW is probably more respected and I'd rather live in Seattle but I am thinking that might not be worth 200k

Yes definitely. I'd tell everyone to go to UW even if it hurts my chances because the school is great, but when you look at just the tuition numbers alone (~400k vs ~170k), it's scary. An extra 200k+ is a huge amount once interests stacks up over years. Ultimately its up to you. Good luck my friend. These decisions are difficult.

I posted a 2016-2017 Dental Waitlist thread to help keep track of waitlisted applications.

Reactions: 1 user
Ughhh that's easy! CU, you'll do great anywhere :) and you'll graduate with significantly less debt. Also if you wanna end up specializing, you can specialize anywhere just work your ass off.

Accepted Roseman, midwestern IL and AZ, pitt, OSU, UNE, UK, minnesota, nova. Which would you choose and why?

1st acceptance to UPENN!!

After my 3rd time applying to dental school I can finally say I will be a dental student! Huge thanks to UPenn Post-bacc program! If you have applied and might not get accepted this time around and don't know what to do next year I highly recommend this program over getting a masters somewhere. The advisors there are incredible and its not difficult to get into the program like i would be to get into their undergrad school. I had a 3.2 GPA in undergrad and Penn accepted me for their post bacc and now for their dental school! So happy holy cow!

Also got waitlisted at Minnesota and SIU, but have another interview at UIC on the 7th. Hoping for UIC over anything!

Reactions: 22 users
1st acceptance to UPENN!!

After my 3rd time applying to dental school I can finally say I will be a dental student! Huge thanks to UPenn Post-bacc program! If you have applied and might not get accepted this time around and don't know what to do next year I highly recommend this program over getting a masters somewhere. The advisors there are incredible and its not difficult to get into the program like i would be to get into their undergrad school. I had a 3.2 GPA in undergrad and Penn accepted me for their post bacc and now for their dental school! So happy holy cow!

Also got waitlisted at Minnesota and SIU, but have another interview at UIC on the 7th. Hoping for UIC over anything!

You were told you were waitlisted at Minnesota?

You were told you were waitlisted at Minnesota?

Technically I guess I wasn't waitlisted, but I called and they said you just have to wait until the next round of acceptances in a month. So basically waitlisted or alternate list, but they don't call it the "waitlist."

Anyone here get accepted to USC and turn it down?

Anyone here get accepted to USC and turn it down?
I turned them down before they sent out acceptances, so alas, I will never know whether or not I got in.

I didn't get accepted, but I'll be taking myself off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully some more good news will come tomorrow! Good luck everyone n_n

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted at Pitt, Temple, Case, and Louisville. Pa resident. Leaning towards Temple and Pitt bc of COA.

Not sure if i want to specialize. Any thoughts would be appreciated.