You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by sjv
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview #5
School: U C Lots of Asians
Notification Date: 10/11/17
Application complete: Around 1st/2nd week of August
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: Third week of June-ish
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 26/28/27/22/none
School: U C Lots of Asians
Notification Date: 10/11/17
Application complete: Around 1st/2nd week of August
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: Third week of June-ish
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 26/28/27/22/none
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice. When's your interview / how many days before December seem to be available? Also how many schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?Interview #5
School: U C Lots of Asians
Notification Date: 10/11/17
Application complete: Around 1st/2nd week of August
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: Third week of June-ish
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 26/28/27/22/none
Thanks! Im scheduled for 10/27, and I don't know how many days are available. I just know that they do it every Fridays and they began sending invites...around mid/late September? I applied to 9 schools. Maybe the entire November is still free? 😛Nice. When's your interview / how many days before December seem to be available? Also how many schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
Congrats! When is your interview??
Thanks! It's nov 9th.
Interview 1!!!!
School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 8/24/2017
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/2017
Application complete date: 8/1/2017
GPA (science, overall): Undergrad: 3.4 science, 3.6 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18AA/18TS/19PAT/21RC--16QR
when is your interview if you don't mind me asking?
2nd interview! I thought the second email would never come. I just had a long day with two huge exams and a biochemistry lab immediately after my biochemistry exam so coming home to this email just felt amazing.
School: UNLV
Notification date: October 11
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: January
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: ~6/25
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.3-4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/23/none
School: UNLV
Notification date: October 11
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: January
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: ~6/25
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.3-4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/23/none
Recently had my first interview! A little late but here it is:
School: TEMPLE
Notification date: September-ish
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: October
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: ~8/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
I applied to columbia, Upenn, Maryland, Rutgers, and Harvard. Guess I am not gonna hear from any of these anytime before December 1st now am I? Starting to lose hope in these others, I'll be honest here.
School: TEMPLE
Notification date: September-ish
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: October
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: ~8/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
I applied to columbia, Upenn, Maryland, Rutgers, and Harvard. Guess I am not gonna hear from any of these anytime before December 1st now am I? Starting to lose hope in these others, I'll be honest here.
Hey man! Glad to see you got the interview 🙂Recently had my first interview! A little late but here it is:
School: TEMPLE
Notification date: September-ish
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: October
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: ~8/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
I applied to columbia, Upenn, Maryland, Rutgers, and Harvard. Guess I am not gonna hear from any of these anytime before December 1st now am I? Starting to lose hope in these others, I'll be honest here.
when is your interview if you don't mind me asking?
It was September 11!
I guess we won't be hearing back from schools since it's Friday the 13th 

Interview #7
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #5!
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/13/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21/17
Application complete date: 8/1/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/no
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/13/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21/17
Application complete date: 8/1/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/no
what day are you interviewing?Interview Invite Maryland OOS!
November 28thwhat day are you interviewing?
When did your status go to application complete?Interview #7
School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/18/No
Interview #1
Columbia
8/22
FL
AADSAS mail out 6/9
App complete 7/14
GPA and DAT below
Interview #3Interview #2
School: NYU
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: Fl
Application complete date: 7/21
Stats in signature
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: Fl
Application complete date: 7/18
Stats in signature
Interview #5!!
School: University of Illinois at Chicago!! OOS 🙂
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/23/none
School: University of Illinois at Chicago!! OOS 🙂
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/23/none
What day is your interview?Interview #5!!
School: University of Illinois at Chicago!! OOS 🙂
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/23/none
Does anybody have any suggestions of videos to watch to get a feeling of what to expect/how to answer questions for the MMI format?
Congrats, enjoy your interview . Very different than UF. More relaxed and people are great there! Really liked it.Interview #7
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/13
Application complete date: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.2
4.0 masters GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/26/none
Interview number 9 
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Interview number 10
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below

School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Interview number 10

School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
That’s great to hear! Much more relaxed interview than UF as well?Congrats, enjoy your interview . Very different than UF. More relaxed and people are great there! Really liked it.
10 interview masterrace, holy moly congratulations!Interview number 9
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Interview number 10
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
plz, what is in ur application lolInterview number 9
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Interview number 10
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Yes!That’s great to hear! Much more relaxed interview than UF as well?
Oh yea, a lot more relaxed. It's more of a conversation, no hard or strange questions. Even gave me a recommendation of where to go for lunch. I could go for a lot more of those!!! LOLThat’s great to hear! Much more relaxed interview than UF as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is your date if your Md interview?Interview number 9
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
Interview number 10
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
11/29 but trying to push it forwardWhat is your date if your Md interview?
Congrats on your Maryland interview!! I haven't heard from them yet.11/29 but trying to push it forward
Hope you nail the interview!
Interview number 3 (Nova, VCU)
School: NYU
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
Application completion date: 6/29
AADSAS submission date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall, grad) 3.00, 3.14, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 21/PAT 21/RC 19/none
School: NYU
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
Application completion date: 6/29
AADSAS submission date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall, grad) 3.00, 3.14, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 21/PAT 21/RC 19/none
youtube MMIDoes anybody have any suggestions of videos to watch to get a feeling of what to expect/how to answer questions for the MMI format?
10/30!What day is your interview?
Awesome thanks! Good luck10/30!
Can anybody tell me what the NYU secondary is like? Is it on the AADSAS or a separate application? I'm asking because the website makes it sound like you simply pay $80. What are some statistics about this school? I know the class size is huge and the tuition is outrageous, but are there instate vs out of state stats? What about GPA and DAT? I'm on the low end(3.2 and 18) but I work full time year round, have amazing clinical experiences, volunteer experiences as well as several leadership roles. Should I bother adding NYU to my application? Help!
For this cycle or next cycle?Can anybody tell me what the NYU secondary is like? Is it on the AADSAS or a separate application? I'm asking because the website makes it sound like you simply pay $80. What are some statistics about this school? I know the class size is huge and the tuition is outrageous, but are there instate vs out of state stats? What about GPA and DAT? I'm on the low end(3.2 and 18) but I work full time year round, have amazing clinical experiences, volunteer experiences as well as several leadership roles. Should I bother adding NYU to my application? Help!
Curious if anybody has heard which schools (if any) are still sending out pre December interviews? I’ve had interview invites from 4 of the 13 schools I applied to but have heard nothing (positive or negative) from the other 9. I’m very thankful for the interviews I have but am curious if anybody knows if I should expect to hear from any others.
It’s on AADSAS. It’s like 3 or 4 mini essay questions.Can anybody tell me what the NYU secondary is like? Is it on the AADSAS or a separate application? I'm asking because the website makes it sound like you simply pay $80. What are some statistics about this school? I know the class size is huge and the tuition is outrageous, but are there instate vs out of state stats? What about GPA and DAT? I'm on the low end(3.2 and 18) but I work full time year round, have amazing clinical experiences, volunteer experiences as well as several leadership roles. Should I bother adding NYU to my application? Help!
This cycle and possibly next year as wellFor this cycle or next cycle?
Has anyone received any acceptances yet?
Interview number 4 (Nova, VCU, NYU)
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
Application completion date: 6/29
AADSAS submission date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall, grad) 3.00, 3.14, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 21/PAT 21/RC 19/none
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
Application completion date: 6/29
AADSAS submission date: 6/5
GPA (science, overall, grad) 3.00, 3.14, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 21/PAT 21/RC 19/none
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, schools can't offer until December 1st. It is rolling thereafter.Has anyone received any acceptances yet?
Interview #6
School: Ohio State University
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: IL
GPA (science, overall) 3.73, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/22/none
School: Ohio State University
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: IL
GPA (science, overall) 3.73, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/22/none
So I’ve received two interviews so far, and I’m still hoping to hear back from one school that hasn’t sent out any invites yet. After that school sends out invites should I be done expecting interview invites for the cycle? I applied everywhere mid June, with a couple supplements a little late in August. Also, if that’s the case should I be worried about whether or not I’ll get into any school since two isn’t too many? Thanks!
Interview #4 at UNC!
Congrats! Do you min sharing your stats and residency?Interview #4 at UNC!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 78K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
