*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Started by sjv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't think I would get any interviews at all since my GPA is still on the lower spectrum, and my 14 QR :/

Interview 1 & 2

School #1: NOVA
Notification date: 8/28
Method of notification: email

School #2: UNE
Notification date: 9/18
Method of notification: email

School #3 Roseman
Notification date: 9/25

Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 9/10
GPA (science, overall, masters) 2.78. 3.03 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17. 22/24/19/19/14 QR

Method of notification: email

School #4 Maryland
Notification date: 10/5

School #5 Tufts
Notification date: 10/16

I am really so thankful!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #11
This is pretty much what I did as soon as I saw the email. It’s a good thing I wasn’t in public.

tumblr_oiz36hKgAj1tctq75o1_400.gif


School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/08
Application complete date: Got the email about payment receipt on 8/3
GPA (science, overall): s3.90, o3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/27/18/23(none below 17)
 
Interview #1

School: Rutgers
Notification date: 10/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
Application complete date: September 6th
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 25/ TS 25 / PAT 20/ Reading 24/ No section below 17
 
Interview #2 :clap:

School: NYU
Notification date: oct. 17
Method of notification: email
Residency: International
Application complete date: July 19th (for this school)
GPA (science, overall): GPA-S: 3.68, GPA-O:3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/20 (none below 19)
Ahh Congratulations!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About time...
Interview #1
School: UMD
Notification date: 10/3/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA (but Father's in military, so residency in MD as well)
AADSAS Mail out: 7/6/17
Application Complete Date: 7/12/17
GPA: sGPA 3.53 and oGPA 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none

Interview#2
UPENN! My dream schoolllll
 
Interview #4

School: USC
Notification date: 10/17 at 12:25 PM PST
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: Supplementary complete 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/(none below 17)
 
i submitted by application late ~9/15/2017
i haven't heard back from any schools yet.. sad
should i worry at all?
here's my stats:
DAT: BIO23/ CHEM24/ OCHEM24/ QUAN20/ READ20/ PAT23
Overall GPA:3.58/ Science GPA: 3.72
 
i submitted by application late ~9/15/2017
i haven't heard back from any schools yet.. sad
should i worry at all?
here's my stats:
DAT: BIO23/ CHEM24/ OCHEM24/ QUAN20/ READ20/ PAT23
Overall GPA:3.58/ Science GPA: 3.72
Your stats are all higher than mine. I have a 3.40ish for both overall, science and a 22 AA and 21 TS. I have 4 interviews so far. It's a waiting game. You did apply late so it will definitely take some time. I applied early August, but with your stats I think you will be fine. Just make sure you applied broadly. Best of luck.
 
I didn't think I would get any interviews at all since my GPA is still on the lower spectrum, and my 14 QR :/

Interview 1 & 2

School #1: NOVA
Notification date: 8/28
Method of notification: email

School #2: UNE
Notification date: 9/18
Method of notification: email

School #3 Roseman
Notification date: 9/25

School #4 Maryland
Notification date: 10/5

School #5 Tufts
Notification date: 10/16

Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 9/10
GPA (science, overall, masters) 2.78. 3.03 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17. 22/24/19/19/14 QR


Interview #6 NYU
Notification date: 10/17
 
Interview #4

School: USC
Notification date: 10/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Dont Remember
Application complete date: Dont Remember
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/(none below 17)
 
Your stats are all higher than mine. I have a 3.40ish for both overall, science and a 22 AA and 21 TS. I have 4 interviews so far. It's a waiting game. You did apply late so it will definitely take some time. I applied early August, but with your stats I think you will be fine. Just make sure you applied broadly. Best of luck.
thanks you!! you too!
I'm getting super anxious since many of you got many interviews already!
 
Do dental schools have any method to handing out interviews? I have competitive DAT, GPA, and experiences and have heard back from some schools, however other schools seem to be taking much longer.

Also, it seems as if there are many dental schools that are still sending out interviews and scheduling them 2 or 3 weeks later so there should still be some pre-dec interviews out there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first interview im pretty excited 🙂

School: Indiana
Notification date: 10/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.45, 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 17/ PAT 19/ RC 24/ I got a 15 in chem.
 
Hey everyone I just wanted to get some opinions on my stats. I have received three interview invites already and have yet to receive one from my in state school of Colorado. I guess I am just a little confused as to why I haven't received an invite there yet when my stats all seem pretty good.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): AA 21/ TS 20/ PAT 24/ RC 24/ QR 18
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.58
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
I have a good amount of EC, shadowing, and volunteering hours.
 
i submitted by application late ~9/15/2017
i haven't heard back from any schools yet.. sad
should i worry at all?
here's my stats:
DAT: BIO23/ CHEM24/ OCHEM24/ QUAN20/ READ20/ PAT23
Overall GPA:3.58/ Science GPA: 3.72

Schools officially received my DAT scores 9/5. I have 6 interviews so far, you should be hearing back soon! It just takes patience!
 
Hey everyone I just wanted to get some opinions on my stats. I have received three interview invites already and have yet to receive one from my in state school of Colorado. I guess I am just a little confused as to why I haven't received an invite there yet when my stats all seem pretty good.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): AA 21/ TS 20/ PAT 24/ RC 24/ QR 18
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.58
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
I have a good amount of EC, shadowing, and volunteering hours.

If your state school is anything like mine, it’s very competitive and highly selective! Give it time and I’m sure you will hear back before the end of the cycle!
 
Schools officially received my DAT scores 9/5. I have 6 interviews so far, you should be hearing back soon! It just takes patience!
congratzz!
i am super anxious about not getting any info back.. do you mind if i ask what's your stats and which schools did you received interviews from?
thanks
 
congratzz!
i am super anxious about not getting any info back.. do you mind if i ask what's your stats and which schools did you received interviews from?
thanks

OGPA: 3.03 SGPA: 2.56 Masters:3.57
DAT: 22AA/24TS/19PAT/19RC/14QR

and I’ve heard from Roseman, Nova, UNE, Maryland, Tufts, and NYU. All October to mid November interviews besides Maryland that’s late Nov. there is still lots of time!
 
Interviews #9 & 10

School: Temple & VCU
Notification date: 10/6 & 10/13 (sorry I'm a bit late in posting)
Method of notification: email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall) 3.59, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22/ TS 22/ PAT 23/ RC 21/ none below 17
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #1!!! So excited.

School: Touro
Notification date: 10/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/20
Application complete date: 10/05 (took DAT on 9/15 and scores weren’t posted until I called AADSAS
GPA (science, overall, masters) 2.9, 3.1, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 18/ TS 18/ PAT 21/ RC 21/ Orgo 15/ QR 16

I was not expecting to hear back so soon since my app was complete so late. And some more hope for those with lower stats!
 
Interview #1 Nova
Interview #2 UAB


Interview #3 and #4 Post December
School: Touro and Maryland
Notification date: Both on the same day October 19th 🙂
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: July 4th
Application complete date: August 24th; dentist lor sent in October 11
GPA (science, overall): 3.54 sGPA, 3.7 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20/none below 17

Touro interview date: Dec 13
Maryland interview date: Dec 12
 
Last edited:
Interview #1 Nova
Interview #2 UAB


Interview #3 and #4 Post December
School: Touro and Maryland
Notification date: Both on the same day October 19th 🙂
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: July 4th
Application complete date: August 24th; dentist lor sent in October 11
GPA (science, overall): 3.54 sGPA, 3.7 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20/none below 17

Touro interview date: Dec 13
Maryland interview date: Dec 12

I’m interviewing there (Touro) on the same day! Did you choose morning, or afternoon?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.