You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2018-2019 Anesthesiology Residency Application Thread
Started by Dr.Jekyll75
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can anyone comment on the new york programs? Which ones are good / bad. They all seem to blend together with similar names.
Can anyone comment on the new york programs? Which ones are good / bad. They all seem to blend together with similar names.
The only one that I know of that has a bad reputation right now is Buffalo. But this was given a bad reputation about a year ago so I don’t know if it still holds true
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was uploading my PS to ERAS and I was under the impression that I shouldn't write more than a page on Microsoft word. When I copied and pasted my PS and previewed it, it was little more than the half the page on preview option. is this normal? I do have more stuff I would like to add but It thought I should keep it less than a page on word. any suggestion?
So I was uploading my PS to ERAS and I was under the impression that I shouldn't write more than a page on Microsoft word. When I copied and pasted my PS and previewed it, it was little more than the half the page on preview option. is this normal? I do have more stuff I would like to add but It thought I should keep it less than a page on word. any suggestion?
I'm sure theyre taking a ruler to your ps when they read it
So I was uploading my PS to ERAS and I was under the impression that I shouldn't write more than a page on Microsoft word. When I copied and pasted my PS and previewed it, it was little more than the half the page on preview option. is this normal? I do have more stuff I would like to add but It thought I should keep it less than a page on word. any suggestion?
This is a glitch, apparently happens to people using mac. There was a subsection on reddit or something. Change font to times new roman, 12. Use firefox and paste it in.
Still waiting on a LOR. Reminded her today (since last week she said she had it done), but I still don't know whether I should submit my application without it by tomorrow if it doesn't come, or wait. I've heard if you assign it after September 15th you may need to contact each program individually to update them incase they already printed your application. Thoughts?
They view applications online, not printed on paper (at least the 2 I know). As far as I know, you don’t have to contact them. If your app is incomplete it will be in their not ready for review batch, as soon as your last letter is in, your app will popped into their ‘ready for review’ pile. Get your app in before 9 am tomorrow with or without the letter.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
I hope so, 2 of my letters are from my rotation that just ended (away rotation), so they wont be in for maybe a week =/
just certified and paid my app! cant believe its the time to apply. so nervous and excited!
just certified and paid my app! cant believe its the time to apply. so nervous and excited!
same. see you guys on the trail
We could come up with a special whistle to recognize each othersame. see you guys on the trail

We could come up with a special whistle to recognize each other![]()
i think ill just walk into every interview lobby and yell my username
No interviews yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No interviews yet.
Time to start emailing the programs... it’s getting a little late in the season now
Funnily enough my home program PD said they might send out invites to home students this weekend. Not expecting any from other programs though.Time to start emailing the programs... it’s getting a little late in the season now
The same way Dwight Schrute announces the arrival of his guests. You will be a legend among interviewers this application cycle if you do this my friend, we all need a strong and assertive leaderi think ill just walk into every interview lobby and yell my username
The same way Dwight Schrute announces the arrival of his guests. You will be a legend among interviewers this application cycle if you do this my friend, we all need a strong and assertive leader
When they give you your name tag just sharpie your user name at the right hand corner LOL
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No interviews yet.
Sucks for you, I’ve already gotten 10 interviews hand-delivered by lovely recruitment reps in maid outfits.
and risk getting yelled ' DO AN SDN SEARCH' at me every time I raise my hand to ask a question? NO WAY NO HOWWhen they give you your name tag just sharpie your user name at the right hand corner LOL
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am KIDDING!
Lmfao someone would do that too [emoji23]and risk getting yelled ' DO AN SDN SEARCH' at me every time I raise my hand to ask a question? NO WAY NO HOW
I am KIDDING!
I’ll be doing kreiger Jazz , that’s how you know it’s me .
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not to be extra, who is sitting around going through the applications on a Saturday? I’m submitting tomorrow after some updates to things. Is it really going to make a difference? If these program coordinators are anything like the clerkship coordinators at my Med school (half of them are actually the same individuals), that means they barely do their job Mon-Fri, let alone on a weekend..
Not to be extra, who is sitting around going through the applications on a Saturday? I’m submitting tomorrow after some updates to things. Is it really going to make a difference? If these program coordinators are anything like the clerkship coordinators at my Med school (half of them are actually the same individuals), that means they barely do their job Mon-Fri, let alone on a weekend..
99% will not look till Monday if that . Plus other people filter stuff out before it reaches them
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Got my first ERAS email today and my heart sunk a little. Turns out it was just an acknowledgement email from mount Sinai. Man this is gonna be a long couple of months
Got my first ERAS email today and my heart sunk a little. Turns out it was just an acknowledgement email from mount Sinai. Man this is gonna be a long couple of months
Same here. But i figured it was better than a rejection letter.Got my first ERAS email today and my heart sunk a little. Turns out it was just an acknowledgement email from mount Sinai. Man this is gonna be a long couple of months
Same here. But i figured it was better than a rejection letter.
Same, West coast here, saw the email at 530 am, ran to the computer all excited. =(
lol i got one this morning at 1 am like wtf ? on a side note i did just get an interview from Henry ford. These people work fastSame, West coast here, saw the email at 530 am, ran to the computer all excited. =(
Has anyone heard about the michigan schools regarding how good their programs are? Work life and such?
DMC, Henry Ford, McLaren, Beaumont?
DMC, Henry Ford, McLaren, Beaumont?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I only know interns in 3 of those programs but I will reach out to them and let y’all knowHas anyone heard about the michigan schools regarding how good their programs are? Work life and such?
DMC, Henry Ford, McLaren, Beaumont?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There are some programs, and Mount Sinai was one when I applied, that don't give out interviews (aside from internal candidates) until they receive the MSPE. So you may notice a sudden burst of invites around the time the MSPEs become available.
In regards to LoRs, I had one LoR that was late and did not appear to have any bearing on the interview invitations I received, it was thankfully in before I went on any interviews.
In regards to LoRs, I had one LoR that was late and did not appear to have any bearing on the interview invitations I received, it was thankfully in before I went on any interviews.
Invite from Henry Ford!
Me, an average candidate, logging onto ERAS and not understanding why I don't have any interviews after 72 hours of submitting my application
EDIT: Definitely just meant to get a few laughs, not really being honestly surprised here

Last edited:
lol i think the regional ones go out first. dont sweat it. if you look at the spreadsheet im avg too. so theres hope !![]()
Me, an average candidate, logging onto ERAS and not understanding why I don't have any interviews after 72 hours of submitting my application
Below average applicant. Got a message from Mt Sinai. Thought I was set up for success on this interview trail. #Mtsinaitrolledme
Below-avg applicant here too! On this day, we are all victims of Sinai-trolling merely stating they acknowledge our existenceBelow average applicant. Got a message from Mt Sinai. Thought I was set up for success on this interview trail. #Mtsinaitrolledme
I should have applied to Sinai, at least I would have had something in my inbox.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the mothership thread son. join us as we freak out over little thingsIs there an Anesthesia mothership thread?
Tom Riddle
New Member
Has anyone heard back from LSU (NOLA) yet after emailing them interview preferences?
Anyone received a secondary? I hope gas programs aren't going this route
Figured people would be posting the invited like in the other forums. Guess they didn't go out yet?
Check the spread sheet
Anyone received a secondary? I hope gas programs aren't going this route
Is this a thing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hope not, i cant go through another round of "here's a secondary please pay $100 to send it back to us"Is this a thing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this a thing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reddit users saying theyre getting short answer forms of "why this program?" in 150 words or so. only one person said they were applying derm, not sure about the others.
I should have applied to Sinai, at least I would have had something in my inbox.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely not too late to apply and get one!! 10/10 would definitely recommend.
Definitely not too late to apply and get one!! 10/10 would definitely recommend.
NYC was not on the wife’s list of places she was willing to move
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am pretty desperate for a match but I dont think I am desperate enough to sit down and do any secondary essays at this point. Either interview me or pass. Jesus Christ! Secondary essays...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 36
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 12K