Official 2018-2019 Endocrinology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello guys, Any additional thoughts about the endocrinology training program at any of these programs: VCU, Utah and UA/ phoenix. Will be appreciated. Thanks ALOT. Anyone had experience there will be really helpful

Members don't see this ad.

How much does having/not having research affect interview chances?

How much does having/not having research affect interview chances?
Depends on the program but if you are still a resident, try to get something...case report, poster at a meeting in the next year. Getting a poster done is not as hard as you think.
If you applied this year, well nothing you can do about it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a reminder, Last day to certify ROL! Good luck everyone

Matched too! Congrats guys! It was a good season.

Reactions: 1 user
if anyone did not match, this was posted on endo fb

Hackensack meridian: Jersey Shore University Hospital has approval for a new fellowship program starting in July 2019.

Does anyone have an idea on which programs are not DO friendly? The PD survey years ago noted that about 1/3 of programs will not consider DOs, so was curious. Thanks!

Does anyone have an idea on which programs are not DO friendly? The PD survey years ago noted that about 1/3 of programs will not consider DOs, so was curious. Thanks!
The one that don’t have DOs in them...

But in general the top programs (as in any specialty) don’t have to have DOs since there are more than enough AMGs to fill the spots.

I think the trend is changing in the positive direction. Yeah, I agree look at current fellows. But if you really want to apply to a particular program, just email to ask.

Reactions: 1 user
The one that don’t have DOs in them...

But in general the top programs (as in any specialty) don’t have to have DOs since there are more than enough AMGs to fill the spots.
Eh, I don't know if that's a clear standard. Very few DOs apply in general - last year there were 27 who matched, 9% of the total. The typical program has 4 people in it. Just by chance, plenty of programs that are theoretically open to a DO might not have one for years.

Match rate for DOs the year before last (best data we got) was ~91% (21 of 23 matched), not arguably much different than MDs (96%, 117/121).

Ah interesting. What should applicants be focusing on when interviewing at programs? Any red flag signs to take note of? Feel free to PM me as well