You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I am going to watch the Fury versus Wilder boxing match this Saturday at a fine pub!
I did the same, and it ended, of all the possible ways, a DRAW. Basically wait-listed deciding the best Heavyweight in the world.
D
deleted920649
Hahahahah you nailed it bro! I am gonna get waitlisted at columbia until the next rematch happens!I did the same, and it ended, of all the possible ways, a DRAW. Basically wait-listed deciding the best Heavyweight in the world.
Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
'Tis the day
I'm so excited, terrified, and anxious at the same time. xD What is this concoction of emotions?
Wish I could've been more active this cycle, been MIA for way too long thanks to school, but good luck to all of you!! If you don't hear back tomorrow, don't lose hope, the process is loooong and you end up where you should be!
Please PM me if you have any questions, fears, doubts, want a sounding board, etc. I love to hear it all and will try to help as much as I can!
Please PM me if you have any questions, fears, doubts, want a sounding board, etc. I love to hear it all and will try to help as much as I can!
my current semester's GPA is gonna be so bad that i kinda hav to get into dental school lol.... does our GPA matter after getting into dental school? Does the school care about student's GPA after acceptance? 🙁(
Yes, most schools still have graded scale. It is possible to flunk out. Do your best to get back in the swing of things.my current semester's GPA is gonna be so bad that i kinda hav to get into dental school lol.... does our GPA matter after getting into dental school? Does the school care about student's GPA after acceptance? 🙁(
Everyone! Post your acceptances or rejections! I am rooting for you all! I'm applying next cycle so seeing your excitement will motivate me and make me so happy
(and it'll remind me that the struggle is worth it)
And remember YOU ARE MORE THAN A REJECTION, ACCEPTANCE, GPA, OR DAT SCORE! And stay optimistic! Admissions extend way past December 🙂
(and it'll remind me that the struggle is worth it)And remember YOU ARE MORE THAN A REJECTION, ACCEPTANCE, GPA, OR DAT SCORE! And stay optimistic! Admissions extend way past December 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do schools release anything at midnight or not till the morning?
12:01 hahaha
12:01 hahaha
all schools do ?!12:01 hahaha
Not all of them.all schools do ?!
D
deleted771467
all schools do ?!
Not all, some will notify you through a phone call first. And not a phone call in the middle of the night
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t remember the exact number now without looking but total it was somewhere in the ball park of 3k hours total between work and shadowHi! How many hours did you put for shadowing and volunteering? I have about the same GPA
Wait, are "midnight" decisions made in the respective time zones of the dental school, or are they all sent out at like, midnight EST?
D
deleted678432
Someone post the night before decision day poem that they post every year
Someone post the night before decision day poem that they post every year
Say what? Have you been celebrating a bit early? O___O
I hope decision day and the following months go well for everyone! #maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavor
search is your friendSomeone post the night before decision day poem that they post every year
'Twas the night before D-Day (poem)
D
deleted678432
To keep up with the annual tradition.. Here it is. Goodluck!
Twas the night before D-Day.
I sat alone in my house,
With my hand hovering over the computer mouse.
Id been refreshing for three hours, but I didnt care,
Because I knew midnight would soon be here.
All of my friends are surely in bed,
With nightmares of finals running through their heads.
But finals are the furthest thing from my mind,
As I refreshed and refreshed, hoping an Accepted would be what Id find.
The mailman is sick, with this I cant cope!
I lost my phone charger, so AADSAS is my only hope!!
Refreshing and refreshing, awaiting a change,
When, I finally noticed something strange.
Check back on Dec. 1st? was what I was reading!
Surely this has to have some other meaning!!
Could this be like the blanks of last year?
Oh, I wish midnight were already here!
Its been three months since my last interview.
For the decisions, Ive been waiting. If you only knew!
The uncertainty is unbearable.
This anticipation is incomparable.
To think in mere minutes the wait could end,
Makes my weary mind bend.
Years of hard work have led to this night,
And the possibilities set me affright!
And here it is, already 12:01!
And the status updates? NONE!
Dont these Adcoms know how Im feeling?
For how long my head has been reeling?!
All of these emotions have worn me out!
My friends dont know what all the fuss is about.
Its only the most important day of my life, I reason.
An acceptance would perfect this holiday season!
But 5 minutes later, no update yet.
Oh, I give up! IM GOING TO BED!!
Twas the night before D-Day.
I sat alone in my house,
With my hand hovering over the computer mouse.
Id been refreshing for three hours, but I didnt care,
Because I knew midnight would soon be here.
All of my friends are surely in bed,
With nightmares of finals running through their heads.
But finals are the furthest thing from my mind,
As I refreshed and refreshed, hoping an Accepted would be what Id find.
The mailman is sick, with this I cant cope!
I lost my phone charger, so AADSAS is my only hope!!
Refreshing and refreshing, awaiting a change,
When, I finally noticed something strange.
Check back on Dec. 1st? was what I was reading!
Surely this has to have some other meaning!!
Could this be like the blanks of last year?
Oh, I wish midnight were already here!
Its been three months since my last interview.
For the decisions, Ive been waiting. If you only knew!
The uncertainty is unbearable.
This anticipation is incomparable.
To think in mere minutes the wait could end,
Makes my weary mind bend.
Years of hard work have led to this night,
And the possibilities set me affright!
And here it is, already 12:01!
And the status updates? NONE!
Dont these Adcoms know how Im feeling?
For how long my head has been reeling?!
All of these emotions have worn me out!
My friends dont know what all the fuss is about.
Its only the most important day of my life, I reason.
An acceptance would perfect this holiday season!
But 5 minutes later, no update yet.
Oh, I give up! IM GOING TO BED!!


love the poemBUT I'm still not going to bed

I'll probably just read a webtoon till 7 am then sleep because I already know I got waitlisted or worse lol. I am gonna start a new webtoon, some webtoon with 300 episodes, so I can forget about what's happening around me lol. I will probably start reading the Gamer, been postponing it for a year now.
The gamer
Or maybe I'll start reading Dice, both of them are similar and rivals.
Dice
The gamer
Or maybe I'll start reading Dice, both of them are similar and rivals.
Dice
40 more mins! hoping to God everything works out for the best for all of us! When I freak out over school stuff my parents always remind me that i am not "going to explode or spontaneously burst into flames" lol so I guess whatever the news is its not so bad huh? (even though I've been counting down the hours since yesterday - feel like I am preparing for a hanging or my last meal
) good luck everyone!!
) good luck everyone!!Just got off work...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTANCES #1 and #2
Temple and Touro, emails at 12:00 AM exact!
Temple and Touro, emails at 12:00 AM exact!
uhhmmmm It's 12:01 where is my acceptance 😡😡😡
Acceptance #1 Temple on December 3rd 00:00!!
MattyMcChicken
Full Member
Waitlist UK 🙁
Same here
ACCEPTANCE #1 IU
cant believe I am going to be a dentist!
cant believe I am going to be a dentist!
Remember, it just takes one!!! Heading to bed to pass the time, sending positivity and light to everyone <3
Acceptance #1 and #2- IU and Louisville!! Feel so lucky and happy!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection #3 CWR at 11:30pm Eastern. Thanks for that heart attack [emoji849]
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Rejection #3 CWR at 11:30pm Eastern. Thanks for that heart attack [emoji849]
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
I got too...
SameI got too...
Wolverine14
Full Member
Did you interview or is this without interview?Rejection #3 CWR at 11:30pm Eastern. Thanks for that heart attack [emoji849]
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Also got rejected from Case Western. It feels good to finally just be rejected tbh. Failure I can take, not knowing if I failed or succeeded? That kills me
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K

