*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted at UNLV, got the call this morning at 8:30am!!! OMG!!! I almost cried!! I wish everyone the very best of luck getting in!! I'm going to be a dentist. Its been a very hard and painful journey full of growth, hurt, pain, and now bliss!!
I've seen your posts in different places and I've been waiting for you to post something like this! Congratulations! Such a HUGE feeling of relief once that call/email comes!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted at UNLV, got the call this morning at 8:30am!!! OMG!!! I almost cried!! I wish everyone the very best of luck getting in!! I'm going to be a dentist. Its been a very hard and painful journey full of growth, hurt, pain, and now bliss!!

Congrats!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Congratulations!!! :) I have been waiting for you to post an acceptance SalinasDDS! YOU ARE GOING TO BE A DENTIST!!! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen your posts in different places and I've been waiting for you to post something like this! Congratulations! Such a HUGE feeling of relief once that call/email comes!
Thank you so very much! Sometimes you feel invisible... it's heartwarming to see others do take note of your journey. Thank you again!

Hi! Congrats to everyone ☺️ If anyone went to a CSU for undergrad, can you please message me?

Reactions: 1 user

I am so happy for you. You made it!
Congratulations and best of luck at UNLV. I am glad you got accepted at a school you actually liked.
:)

Hi! Congrats to everyone ☺️ If anyone went to a CSU for undergrad, can you please message me?
hi... I went to probably the smallest CSU in the state. CSUMB... most people don't even know where or what it is!! lol What are you wanting to know?

hi... I went to probably the smallest CSU in the state. CSUMB... most people don't even know where or what it is!! lol What are you wanting to know?
Hi there! Is there any way I can message you privately?

Is there anyway to find out which school is requesting a background check? I just received an email from certiphi and I’m just curious as to what school is requesting it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: NYU
Notification date: 01/22/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/13/2018
Application complete date: 09/17/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/20/no (cDAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: Feb 1

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #2
School: NYU
Notification date: 01/22/2019
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/13/2018
Application complete date: 09/17/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/20/no (cDAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: Feb 1
Where did you do your undergrad?

Have you filled out your profile? That might be it... but I'm not sure? maybe someone else can help with your messaging. But, I'm here when you get through!!

No, your profile is private. I just checked and I got an error message. Some people here put their profile on private and thus nobody can contact them.

Interview #2
School:
NYU
Notification date: 1/28/19
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/13/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.03, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/20/30/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 2/4/19

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance #1 and #2
School:
MUSC, UNC
Notification date: 01/17 by email, 01/29 by call (Waitlisted originally)
Residency: NC
Interview Date: MUSC on 11/02, UNC on 11/03
GPA: 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/24/20/no

Will be accepting UNC's offer!

Acceptance #1 and #2
School:
MUSC, UNC
Notification date: 01/17 by email, 01/29 by call (Waitlisted originally)
Residency: NC
Interview Date: MUSC on 11/02, UNC on 11/03
GPA: 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/24/20/no

Will be accepting UNC's offer!
Wow!! Two very close together!! very nice!!
Congrats!!!

Interview #2
School:
NYU
Good luck!!!

Acceptance #1, #2, #3
School:
UMKC, University of Louisville, MUSC
Notification date: 12/03, 12/03, 12/19
Residency: MO
Interview Date: UMKC early acceptance (interviewed multiple times over the last two years), MUSC on 11/02, Louisville on 11/05
GPA: 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/19/19/no

Attending MUSC and received the Army HPSP!

Reactions: 7 users
Forgot to post here but......
Interview #1
School:
Buffalo
Notification date: 1/14
GPA (science, overall): uGPA: 3.45 / oGPA: 3.2
Dates available OR your interview date: Feb 8th

So excited!!! It has been a super long waiting game since I submitted in June but blessed that one finally came through!!:clap:

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance #1
School:
UMKC
Notification date: 1/29
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.35 / oGPA: 2.9
DAT: 20 AA, 20 TS
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/14

34 year old ex-pastry chef, gpa over the past decade was 3.7, I am beyond excited!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Acceptance #1
School:
UMKC
Dates available OR your interview date:
1/14

34 year old ex-pastry chef, gpa over the past decade was 3.7, I am beyond excited!!!!
Congrats from a 44 year old ex BMW mechanic!!!! I wish you well!! Let's show these kids how a little experience can make us better!!
:highfive:

Acceptance #1
School:
UMKC
1/14

Congrats from a 44 year old ex BMW mechanic!!!! I wish you well!! Let's show these kids how a little experience can make us better!!

So glad to know I’m not alone! 36-year-old former bartender here. I can’t wait to get started!

Rejection #1 w/o interview: Rutgers

Me too. Rejected w/o interview. Rejection #4. Only 2 schools left for me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you get invited for an interview and get accepted from these 2 schools.

I haven't posted here in a while but it seems like most things have settled. Heres an update in case anyone wanted to chat about interviews/schools

Turned down acceptances at Rutgers and BU.
Turned down February interview at Maryland.
Rejected without interviews at Penn and UNC.
Heard nothing from UMich, Tufts, and Harvard.
Waitlisted from UConn.
Accepted Pittsburghs offer.

Any questions or looking for advice just message me.

Acceptance #5
School: Michigan!!
Notification date: 2/1/2019
Method of notification: Call + email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/26/none

So excited!

Acceptance #5
School: Michigan!!
Notification date: 2/1/2019
Method of notification: Call + email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/26/none

So excited!
Congratulations! Very exciting!

I haven't heard anything from a few schools, have interviewed at 1 school pre-dec and heard nothing, and rejected from others.

Is it worth it to send a letter of intent to schools, even if I haven't heard anything from them?

I haven't heard anything from a few schools, have interviewed at 1 school pre-dec and heard nothing, and rejected from others.

Is it worth it to send a letter of intent to schools, even if I haven't heard anything from them?

For schools you haven’t interviewed with, you could send a letter of interest and express your desire for the opportunity to interview.

and for the school you interviewed at you can send a letter of intent if it’s a school you seriously would want to attend but with those you’re basically saying you will absolutely attend if given an offer so just keep that in mind. Definitely don’t send letters of intent to every school

Acceptance #1
School:
UMKC
1/14

So glad to know I’m not alone! 36-year-old former bartender here. I can’t wait to get started!
Lol I love this! Congrats guys!!!

Interview #7
School: Touro
Notification date: 2/8
Interview date: 2/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: KS
AADSAS mail-out date: June
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/23/qr 17
I have declined offers from IU and MOSDOH. And put down the 1st $500 deposit at UNE. Do not think I will attend this interview

Today I am making it official, I will be attending the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry on the United States Army HPSP scholarship. With that, I have declined my acceptances at Roseman University, UMKC, University of Nebraska, MOSDOH, and Creighton University. I also declined my interview at ASDOH. I am excited to take on this next adventure in my life and I thank you all for your support throughout this entire journey!!! :) Have a wonderful rest of your Friday and good luck to those of you still waiting!!! :luck:

Reactions: 11 users
Interview #2
School:
NYU

Avoid nyu. Go to another school or reapply.
Good luck

Hello all. I have a question about FAFSA . Does it matter how much was our income for last year? I filed my tax joint with my husband and now asking me about my income separately.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am really hoping for an acceptance at Temple, and I have emailed Brian about my interest in a letter of intent format. I only applied to Temple. Should I call them as a follow up or do schools see that as annoying/pestering? And if I should give them a call, what should I say?

Hello all. I have a question about FAFSA . Does it matter how much was our income for last year? I filed my tax joint with my husband and now asking me about my income separately.
For FAFSA, you report based upon your status as of the day you file. So if today you're filing, and today you're married, you must report his and your income.

I applied to three schools this year.. LSU, Memphis and Florida. Got waitlisted at LSU on dec. 3, waitlisted at Memphis but applied last year (took my DAT too late last year so LSU wouldnt consider). Nada from FL. After I got waitlisted at LSU decided to apply to 4 more schools in january.. temple, touro, tufts and Lecom. Got interviews within the last few weeks at temple, touro, and tufts. (Couldn’t believe it considering I applied last minute) was on way to tufts interview waiting in Miami airport and found I was accepted to LSU so turned back home.

All the interviews they sent to me for last 3 schools were only in Feb.

Residency- LA
GPA- 3.7, 3.65 science
DAT- 21,20,21,24 QR 16..

Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.