You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
this was the date the school emailed me that it was complete, my supplemental was received and they were beginning to evaluate my app!
That’s some quick turn around! Best of luck!
admas
New Member
yeah I was so surprised to hear back i almost cried. Appreciate it, I wish you the same!That’s some quick turn around! Best of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #1
School: Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS - 05/18/18
Application complete date: 05/21/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section/ below a 17): 24/25/24/23/none
School: Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS - 05/18/18
Application complete date: 05/21/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section/ below a 17): 24/25/24/23/none
Interview #4
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.59, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Assigned October 5th! I'm super stoked to explore Richmond!
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.59, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Assigned October 5th! I'm super stoked to explore Richmond!
Interview #1
School: Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Notification date: 8/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/02/18
Application complete date: 5/16/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/22/None
School: Texas A&M College of Dentistry
Notification date: 8/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/02/18
Application complete date: 5/16/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/22/None
Geez, You are gonna have interview for all 15 school that you applied?!?!?!? what is the magic!!!?!??!!? haha congrats.Interview #9 and #10
School: MWU-IL & UMKC
Notification date: 08/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SD
Application complete date: 6/19/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.92
DAT 22 AA/23 TS/19 PAT/21 Reading
It is nerve breaking when the dental school that i submitted application sends interview invitations and i am not receiving any emails
. I know it is still August and early in the game, but i am finding myself constantly looking at my email mailbox. 

Thank you! I'm incredibly thankful to be at a point where I can select which schools to interview at instead of attending them all. That would be crazy to get interviews to all 15! I think what is helping me stand out is my personal statement. I've seen how some people talk about their shadowing or they try to justify their GPA/DAT in their PS. It's the only part of the app where you can differentiate yourself from others based on your story and lessons you've learned along the way, which is how mines readGeez, You are gonna have interview for all 15 school that you applied?!?!?!? what is the magic!!!?!??!!? haha congrats.
Interview #3
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/22/20
Interview date: September 27th
Rejection #1
School: UCSF
Notification date: 8/7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/22/20
Interview date: n/a
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/22/20
Interview date: September 27th
Rejection #1
School: UCSF
Notification date: 8/7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/22/20
Interview date: n/a
Interview #2
School: Indiana University
Notification date: 8-14-2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6-20-2018
Application complete date: 7-20-2018 (due to DAT being taken on 7-5)
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/ QR 17
Dates available OR your interview date: they give four options for dates you can choose from, and you rank them 1-4 on which you prefer best/least for your interview. Mine were the last week in August and one day in September
School: Indiana University
Notification date: 8-14-2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6-20-2018
Application complete date: 7-20-2018 (due to DAT being taken on 7-5)
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/ QR 17
Dates available OR your interview date: they give four options for dates you can choose from, and you rank them 1-4 on which you prefer best/least for your interview. Mine were the last week in August and one day in September
Interview # 3
School: IU
Notification date: 8/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
GPA (science, overall): 2.95,3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/28/25
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/28,8/29,8/30,9/10
Congrats, in-state!
Is this your top choice?
Interview #9 and #10
School: MWU-IL & UMKC
Notification date: 08/13/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SD
Application complete date: 6/19/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.92
DAT 22 AA/23 TS/19 PAT/21 Reading
Wow - congrats! Are you going to go to all of them.... and what if you get more, what will you do? I posted a question a few days ago in the general pre-dental area that asked if it was crazy to turn down interviews before an acceptance? Only a few replies, but generally people said that you should not turn down interviews before receiving at least one acceptance. But at what point is it too much: 8 interviews? 12 interviews? So should a person who receives 15 pre-Dec. interviews attend them all? I am a senior in college and I think it would be tough to maintain a good GPA while attending so many interviews. Plus time and money expenditures add up. Just wondering what you are thinking. I am getting some interviews, and I do not know if there will be a point when I cannot attend any more pre-December. That being said, I do not want to apply again! So I am hesitant to turn anything down. How many is too many?
Interview
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.51
(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/21
Interview date: September 10th
Checked my email in my car, screamed all the way home.
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.51
(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/21
Interview date: September 10th
Checked my email in my car, screamed all the way home.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3
School: UNE 🙂
Notification date: 9/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Ut
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/12/18
Application complete date: 06/12/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/22/None
School: UNE 🙂
Notification date: 9/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Ut
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/12/18
Application complete date: 06/12/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/22/None
Last edited:
Going into the start of the cycle I was adamant about attending every interview I received. Fast forward to now, I'm leaning toward eliminating a few choices. I just got back from my first interview which was a 10 hour drive away..im absolutely exhausted. I have a case western interview this Friday, but I have decided to not attend because it's a 14 hour drive. Can I fly? Sure, but it's expensive. But to answer your question, attending beyond 6-7 interviews is pushing it imo. I learned yesterday how exhausting interviews are, you have to put on a smile and engage with others the entire day when all you want to do is close your eyes and have 10 minutes to yourself. Kinda dreading having to do another one, let alone 9 more.Wow - congrats! Are you going to go to all of them.... and what if you get more, what will you do? I posted a question a few days ago in the general pre-dental area that asked if it was crazy to turn down interviews before an acceptance? Only a few replies, but generally people said that you should not turn down interviews before receiving at least one acceptance. But at what point is it too much: 8 interviews? 12 interviews? So should a person who receives 15 pre-Dec. interviews attend them all? I am a senior in college and I think it would be tough to maintain a good GPA while attending so many interviews. Plus time and money expenditures add up. Just wondering what you are thinking. I am getting some interviews, and I do not know if there will be a point when I cannot attend any more pre-December. That being said, I do not want to apply again! So I am hesitant to turn anything down. How many is too many?
Interview #1
School: University of Iowa!
Notification date: 7/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification date: 7/31/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
Interview #3
School: University of Illinois at Chicago
Notification date: 8/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
School: University of Iowa!
Notification date: 7/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification date: 7/31/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
Interview #3
School: University of Illinois at Chicago
Notification date: 8/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): w/ +/-: 3.89, 3.86 w/o +/-: 4.0, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19/none
What was your application complete date?Interview # 3
School: IU
Notification date: 8/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
GPA (science, overall): 2.95,3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/28/25
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/28,8/29,8/30,9/10
Interview # 5
School: Touro
Notification date: 7/27
Interview #6
School: UT San Antonio
Notification date: 8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 22/20/25/27 none below 17
School: Touro
Notification date: 7/27
Interview #6
School: UT San Antonio
Notification date: 8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 22/20/25/27 none below 17
Interview #4
School: Western University (cali life!!)
Notification date: 08/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/24/22/18 none below 17
Have not selected an interview day yet
School: Western University (cali life!!)
Notification date: 08/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/18
Application complete date: 6/21/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/24/22/18 none below 17
Have not selected an interview day yet
Interview #3
School: Western University
Notification Date: 8/15/18
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS Mail Out Date: 06/12/18
Application Complete Date: 06/29/18
GPA (science/overall): 3.43/3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 21/20/22/24/none
School: Western University
Notification Date: 8/15/18
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS Mail Out Date: 06/12/18
Application Complete Date: 06/29/18
GPA (science/overall): 3.43/3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 21/20/22/24/none
Interview #6
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17/18
Application complete date: 7/13/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/25/none
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17/18
Application complete date: 7/13/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/25/none
D
deleted678432
Interview #4
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/23/21/none
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/23/21/none
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interview #3
School: UNC-CH
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Received Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/18
Application complete date: 8/9/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/23/29/none
School: UNC-CH
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Received Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/18
Application complete date: 8/9/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/23/29/none
Interview #3
School: UNC
Notification date: 8-15-2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6-9-2018
Application complete date: 7-10-2018
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8
School: UNC
Notification date: 8-15-2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6-9-2018
Application complete date: 7-10-2018
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8
Interview #1
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26/018(complete), 7/17/18 (verified)
Application complete date: 7/17/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/23/None (BIO 24/GC 20/ OC 26/QR 25)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8 (Email stated that all interviews are on Saturdays)
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26/018(complete), 7/17/18 (verified)
Application complete date: 7/17/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/23/None (BIO 24/GC 20/ OC 26/QR 25)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8 (Email stated that all interviews are on Saturdays)
Interview #1
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/18
Application complete date: 07/30/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/26/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/08/18
Very excited 🙂
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/18
Application complete date: 07/30/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/26/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/08/18
Very excited 🙂
Last edited:
Interview: #3
School: Indiana University
Notification date: 7/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.83ogpa 3.73sgpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date:8/29
School: Indiana University
Notification date: 7/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.83ogpa 3.73sgpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date:8/29
Wolverine14
Full Member
Interview #6
School: Virginia Commonwealth University
Notification date: 8/15/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/4/2018
GPA : 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/ 22/ 21/23/none
Interview Date: 11/2
School: Virginia Commonwealth University
Notification date: 8/15/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/4/2018
GPA : 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/ 22/ 21/23/none
Interview Date: 11/2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview: #1!!!!
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/14 (They called me to let me know my application was verified)
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 2 dates left in September and most Wed-Fri in October and November
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/14 (They called me to let me know my application was verified)
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 2 dates left in September and most Wed-Fri in October and November
Last edited:
Congrats!!Interview: #1!!!!
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/14 (They called me to let me know my application was verified)
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 2 dates left in September and most Wed-Fri in October and November
I am so relieved I got an interview, I actually added Nova to my list of schools last minute as you can see...because of stressing out from reading these posts lol. I had a hard time in undergrad academically my first two years BUT I didn't give up on my dreams. Just completed a post-bac program and with a lot of tears got my DAT over with during the first week of July 🙂 Cheers to hard work everyone!! I know it's just an interview, but still 😀
Interview #3
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/No
Dates available: assigned 11/02
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/No
Dates available: assigned 11/02
Last edited:
Interview #3
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RC
Interview Date: 9/8/18
Interview #4
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RC
Interview Date: 11/2/18
School: UNC
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RC
Interview Date: 9/8/18
Interview #4
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RC
Interview Date: 11/2/18
Interview #2!
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8/18
Application complete date: 6/18/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 24 TS, 25 PAT, 23 RC
Interview Date: 11/2/18
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/15/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8/18
Application complete date: 6/18/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 24 TS, 25 PAT, 23 RC
Interview Date: 11/2/18
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is information on what dental schools require what type of supplemental applications?
Thank you
Does anyone know if there is information on what dental schools require what type of supplemental applications?
Thank you
dentaldreamer95
Full Member
Interview #1
School: NOVA
Notification date: 8/16/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/18
Application complete date: 8/15/18 (when the school notified me my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 17
I am SO excited you guys!! I am a re-applicant and did not receive any interviews last time!!!! Never give up 🙂
School: NOVA
Notification date: 8/16/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/18
Application complete date: 8/15/18 (when the school notified me my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 17
I am SO excited you guys!! I am a re-applicant and did not receive any interviews last time!!!! Never give up 🙂
That is really fast notification too!!
Congratulations [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]Interview #1
School: NOVA
Notification date: 8/16/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/18
Application complete date: 8/15/18 (when the school notified me my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 17
I am SO excited you guys!! I am a re-applicant and did not receive any interviews last time!!!! Never give up 🙂
Which schools are you applying to, this time around?
What changes did you make since last cycle?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
dentaldreamer95
Full Member
Thank you!!!!Congratulations [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]
Which schools are you applying to, this time around?
What changes did you make since last cycle?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I am actually applying to 16 schools this time. U of Minnesota, Nova, Marquette, Creighton, UoP, NYU, Touro, Louisville, Buffalo, Western U, Roseman, Colorado, UNC, UDM, Temple, and LECOM.
Since the last cycle, I finished my undergrad and had a strong upward trend in my grades. I also re-took organic chemistry 1 and 2 and improved my grades in those classes. I got a job at a dental office as an unlicensed dental assistant and a scheduling manager, and I also re-took the DAT and improved my scores in all of the sections by 3-4 points.
Wow. That's so inspiring! Best of luck this cycle. Your determination and hard work will pay off!Thank you!!!!
I am actually applying to 16 schools this time. U of Minnesota, Nova, Marquette, Creighton, UoP, NYU, Touro, Louisville, Buffalo, Western U, Roseman, Colorado, UNC, UDM, Temple, and LECOM.
Since the last cycle, I finished my undergrad and had a strong upward trend in my grades. I also re-took organic chemistry 1 and 2 and improved my grades in those classes. I got a job at a dental office as an unlicensed dental assistant and a scheduling manager, and I also re-took the DAT and improved my scores in all of the sections by 3-4 points.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you!!!!
I am actually applying to 16 schools this time. U of Minnesota, Nova, Marquette, Creighton, UoP, NYU, Touro, Louisville, Buffalo, Western U, Roseman, Colorado, UNC, UDM, Temple, and LECOM.
Since the last cycle, I finished my undergrad and had a strong upward trend in my grades. I also re-took organic chemistry 1 and 2 and improved my grades in those classes. I got a job at a dental office as an unlicensed dental assistant and a scheduling manager, and I also re-took the DAT and improved my scores in all of the sections by 3-4 points.
Nice work! I hope MN will invite you soon, especially with your new stats!
I am interested to learn how did you get a dental assistant job in MN without a license? Thanks
dentaldreamer95
Full Member
Thank you! I hope so too!!!Nice work! I hope MN will invite you soon, especially with your new stats!
I am interested to learn how did you get a dental assistant job in MN without a license? Thanks
My dad was actually getting a root canal one day and was talking to the doctor about how I wanted to be a dentist and he said that one of his current assistants was unlicensed and was leaving for dental school soon, so they were looking for someone to replace her! He was basically just in the right place at the right time I guess!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview # 1
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 8/17/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13
Application complete date: 7/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.25,3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/22 none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20 fixed
OMG I almost cried. I am thrilled for this opportunity. I still can't believe I got this as an international;(😉🙂 My GC is coming soon too, so it will be great fall....🙂
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 8/17/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13
Application complete date: 7/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.25,3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/22 none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20 fixed
OMG I almost cried. I am thrilled for this opportunity. I still can't believe I got this as an international;(😉🙂 My GC is coming soon too, so it will be great fall....🙂
Last edited:
No, but I'm OOS, so not sure if they're going with In State first or not...Has anyone heard from Oklahoma yet?
when is your UMN date?Minnesota Invite! Canadian student.
Interview #4
School: Touro
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/19
Application complete date: 07/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/24/ QR 16
School: Touro
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/19
Application complete date: 07/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/24/ QR 16
Last edited:
It might be only me but i feel like some schools are sending their invitation late comparing last year cycle. Most of the schools send invitation by mid-August last year.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K