Official 2019-2020 Endocrinology fellowship match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's buried in one of the NRMP fellowship statistics. People matching endocrine in 2019:

1st choice: 43%

2nd choice: 14.9%

3rd choice: 8.5%

Greater than 3rd: 17.9%

Matched other specialty: 1.7%

So to match your top 3 you have a 66.4% chance based off last year!

Just want to update the stats. The original numbers above are based off the total applicants in endo (meaning including ppl who had endo NOT as their preferred specialty) and who went unmatched.

If you used the total # of ppl who matched endo AND matched their preferred specialty then the numbers are:

1st choice: 52%

2nd choice: 18%

3rd choice: 10.3%

So seems like 80.3% of people should match somewhere in their top 3?

Members don't see this ad.

Just want to update the stats. The original numbers above are based off the total applicants in endo (meaning including ppl who had endo NOT as their preferred specialty) and who went unmatched.

If you used the total # of ppl who matched endo AND matched their preferred specialty then the numbers are:

1st choice: 52%

2nd choice: 18%

3rd choice: 10.3%

So seems like 80.3% of people should match somewhere in their top 3?

IDK what you did is correct or not but I know that there is a high chance to match #1 given the data

This is why I'm having second thoughts because there is high chance of matching #1... I can't tell which one is the best out of what I interviewed... Just going with a gut feeling

How's everyone doing in the post-rank, pre-match period?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoyed the last few months on here with everyone!

Matched @ my 1st Ranked program. Thanks, everyone for the help and support all along.

Reactions: 1 users
Matched!! Also to my #1!

(posting where would elicit the anonymity of SDN as there are typically 2-3 spots per program)

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like from 305 matched applicants, 105 were US MD, 28 were US DO, 48 were US foreign grads, 124 were Foreign grads.
Do we have data from this year or last year how many total DO applicants there were? or foreign? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you see this data?

Looks like from 305 matched applicants, 105 were US MD, 28 were US DO, 48 were US foreign grads, 124 were Foreign grads.
Do we have data from this year or last year how many total DO applicants there were? or foreign? Thanks

Any thoughts on Michigan state university vs university of Oklahoma? Thanks