Official 2019 COMLEX Level 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathoTurnUp1865

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this hasn’t been started yet, so I thought I’d start it.
Already took step 2 and got a 235, I take level 2 towards the end of July. Yeah I know wtf? But that’s how I live life. Plan is to complete Uworld a third time, complete combank and comquest as well as kaplan if time allows and who knows maybe I’ll just complete Amboss too if I’m feeling frisky. I’m keeping up with all of my anki decks in the mean time.
Anybody have any insight into what the new format is going to be like? Also, wtf happened to combank’s format? The seemed to try to clean it up but it still sucks compared to the others :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Step 1: 251
Comlex 1: 617

Step 2: ?????
Comlex 2: 695

Had 6 weeks dedicated for step 2, took them with 1 day in between (step before comlex). Annoying exam as usual.

Members don't see this ad :)
Went up 50 pts.

Good day.

Bye bye OMM.

COMLEX 1 - 618
Comlex 2 - 634

Considering how little of a **** I gave about comlex this year, I'm pretttttty happy with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Failed level 1 first attempt, 488 on retake

Step 2 CK 258, COMLEX level 2 CE 618.

COMSAE D 676; Shelf scores: 115 surgery, 108 IM, 109 OBGYN, 104 Peds, 107 Psych, 99 OMM, 87 FM

Good-luck all!

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users

COMSAE D 676; Shelf scores: 115 surgery, 108 IM, 109 OBGYN, 104 Peds, 107 Psych, 99 OMM, 87 FM

Good-luck all!

bro this is nuts. Nice turn around

Reactions: 1 users
COMLEX I: 541
Step I: 218

COMLEX II: 665
Step II: 256

I couldn’t believe my eyes, but I must have done something right! Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks dude means a lot. I studied really hard third year to make a come back!

I know you did haha. Goes without saying. You smashed it. If I was a residency PD I would interview you for sure. I am not saying everyone thinks this way, but I am more impressed with you scores than someone who got a 600/600 or 240/240.

Good-luck all!
That's one of the best turn arounds I've seen or heard of, congrats you earned it!!

anyone with normal scores lol? great to see the 600s, but did anyone do horribly on level 2 when compared to level 1?

BSA103 - 558 (took 4 weeks out)
BSA102 - 502 (took 3 weeks later)
Level 2 - 583 (took 3 days after BSA102)

Level 1 - 523

Reactions: 2 users
anyone with normal scores lol? great to see the 600s, but did anyone do horribly on level 2 when compared to level 1?
Yea, 581 on level 1...484 on level 2
Step 1 226 Step 2 232
In all honesty I was over having to take 2 sets of boards 2 years in a row...pretty much winged the CE. Hopefully won’t close to many doors for IM

Level 1 - 573
Level 2 - 667

Step 1 - 239
Step 2 - ???

Still waiting on Step 2 CK results for Aug 28th. I thought Level 2 was a weird exam with many out of left field questions, hopefully my step 2 CK is above 250 but we shall see...

Prefacing this with lollll
Step 1: 243
Step 2: 250

Level 1: 732(????!!!! **** how will I improve on level 2)
Level 2: 641 (lol the answer is I didn’t, despite an improvement on our mandatory COMSAE)

Hope this doesn’t close doors for me for EM... but if programs are relying super heavily on the new level 2 CE thennnnn I don’t wanna go there. I think my percentile is still probably ok?? I hate OMM.

Same man.
Level 1: 598
Level 2: 519
Almost 80 pt drop....

Said it before and saying it again... big ol' ffffff to the NBOME. Dropped 90 points on my end and concerned programs are gonna care about that big of a tank. I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully programs take into account this new dumb blueprint.

Long time lurker....thought I'd share:
Level 1- 498
Level 2- 601
Good luck to everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all the amazing scores on here! I am but a mere plebeian, here are my scores:

Level 1: 500-510
Level 2: 500-510

*New blueprint 101: 530 ish (2 weeks out)
*New blueprint 102: 460 ish (1 week out)

;______; No Step scores so was hoping to improve on my Level 2, but alas, it is what it is. I hope this doesn't kill my chances at FM on the east coast @_@

Reactions: 5 users
Prefacing this with lollll
Step 1: 243
Step 2: 250

Level 1: 732(????!!!! **** how will I improve on level 2)
Level 2: 641 (lol the answer is I didn’t, despite an improvement on our mandatory COMSAE)

Hope this doesn’t close doors for me for EM... but if programs are relying super heavily on the new level 2 CE thennnnn I don’t wanna go there. I think my percentile is still probably ok?? I hate OMM.
Lol, no chance at all. Might want to check out NP school as a back up.

Reactions: 3 users
Same man.
Level 1: 598
Level 2: 519
Almost 80 pt drop....
Said it before and saying it again... big ol' ffffff to the NBOME. Dropped 90 points on my end and concerned programs are gonna care about that big of a tank. I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully programs take into account this new dumb blueprint.

Sorry to hear :/ yeah it sucks. Just gotta be honest about it if there's actually a reason. If not then and there's no rhyme or reason then it just comes down to a new scoring system perhaps and just got unlucky.

Lol, no chance at all. Might want to check out NP school as a back up.
COOL THANK U
giphy (2).gif

sorry if I sound obnoxious posting my ****, i just do get concerned people are gonna side-eye the drop... whatever. like I said, if a program cares that much about comlex over usmle..... boy byeeeeeee

step 2: 251
Comlex 2CE: 656

What is even a good comlex 2 CE score? Going into Fam Med! (Step 1 is 225/530)

Last edited:
  • Haha
COOL THANK U
View attachment 276105

sorry if I sound obnoxious posting my ****, i just do get concerned people are gonna side-eye the drop... whatever. like I said, if a program cares that much about comlex over usmle..... boy byeeeeeee
Gotta call them out lol chances are no EM program will even care about your comlex with your step scores. Most of the people in my class have 450-500 that are applying EM. So I think you’re fine lol

• Wow
Anyone found a way to try to guess the mean and SD based on that lame figure?
Measured the pixels on that lame figure. If my calculations are correct, mean for first-time takers is ~587 with SD of ~43. Fun how our Level 1 mean decreased from the Class of '19 (thanks standardization) while the Level 2 mean increased.

For those of you who got your scores yesterday and passed, congrats! To anyone who score was less than stellar or failed I am sorry the NBOME sucks. Believe it or not exams aren’t everything and you can still be a wonderful doctor.

Question though— what time did you all get the email that scores were available? Should be getting mine today or tomorrow according to score release dates.

Level 1- 486
Level 2- 562

Grateful to have passed. Grateful for a 75 point improvement! Good luck with residency apps, everyone!

For those of you who got your scores yesterday and passed, congrats! To anyone who score was less than stellar or failed I am sorry the NBOME sucks. Believe it or not exams aren’t everything and you can still be a wonderful doctor.

Question though— what time did you all get the email that scores were available? Should be getting mine today or tomorrow according to score release dates.

Around 5:15pm CT