USMLE Official 2019 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets get this started.
M2. Mid Tier everything.
Entertaining some surgical sub-specialties.

Goal 270
Happy with 245

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
After what felt like a lifetime it’s finally in!

255-259! (On 6/25)

Never touched anki, hundreds of pages in FA that I’ve never even looked at once. Just throwing that out there for anyone lurking bc the best thing I did to prep was learning the way that worked best for me and taking all advice I got with a grain of salt. I think the only non negotiable thing is doing plenty of practice questions.

See you all over in the 2020 CK thread, it’s been one wild ride!

Reactions: 7 users
232 Step 1 today. Kinda bummed but this was higher than my averages. (Nbme 23 209 4 weeks out, uwsa1 237 two weeks out, nbme 18 217 1 weeks out. 230 uwsa2 4 days out, 79% free 120). DO interested in general surgery. Do i have a shot? Step 2 in august.

Reactions: 1 users
232 Step 1 today. Kinda bummed but this was higher than my averages. (Nbme 23 209 4 weeks out, uwsa1 237 two weeks out, nbme 18 217 1 weeks out. 230 uwsa2 4 days out, 79% free 120). DO interested in general surgery. Do i have a shot? Step 2 in august.
Congrats on the solid score .

I dont see why not, 1/4 of all DO's who get it had scores below 230. Just figure out what else is needed.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
that chart makes me feel a lot better about a 232 prediction from the algorithm for my exam this week. probably wouldn't close any doors even if im a DO. just gotta perform with confidence on the actual exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I'd post to put a twist on practice scores vs. Actual scores.

Rx: 67%
Kaplan: 75%
Uworld: 79%
Nbme 20: 225 (7wk)
Nbme 21: 238 (5.5week)
Nbme 22: 236 (4week)
Uwsa1: 260 (3 week)
Nbme 23: 236 (2.5 week)
Nbme 24: 246 (2 week)
Nbme 18: 240 (1.5 week)
UWSA2: 254 (1 week)
Free 120: 89% (5 days, at prometric)
Actual: 239

I think the general theme of trusting your practice scores works for most people. Not sure what happened in my case. Definitely felt like I underperformed a bit but not that much. Remembered about 80-100 questions and knew I'd missed 15 for sure with atleast 10 more I wasnt even sure if I got right or not. Wish I could offer advice as to how not to underperform like I did but I'm honestly a bit clueless myself. Best of luck and congrats on the great scores!

Just thought I'd post to put a twist on practice scores vs. Actual scores.

Rx: 67%
Kaplan: 75%
Uworld: 79%
Nbme 20: 225 (7wk)
Nbme 21: 238 (5.5week)
Nbme 22: 236 (4week)
Uwsa1: 260 (3 week)
Nbme 23: 236 (2.5 week)
Nbme 24: 246 (2 week)
Nbme 18: 240 (1.5 week)
UWSA2: 254 (1 week)
Free 120: 89% (5 days, at prometric)
Actual: 239

I think the general theme of trusting your practice scores works for most people. Not sure what happened in my case. Definitely felt like I underperformed a bit but not that much. Remembered about 80-100 questions and knew I'd missed 15 for sure with atleast 10 more I wasnt even sure if I got right or not. Wish I could offer advice as to how not to underperform like I did but I'm honestly a bit clueless myself. Best of luck and congrats on the great scores!
Hey still an awesome score! I feel like there has been a lot of people that've been underperforming lately :(
now go celebrate!

Hi everyone, big congrats on so many great scores! I'm a rising M2 at a DO school and have been reading through this thread in order to design my study plan for Step 1 before this year starts. I'm pretty set on EM at this point (EM scribe for 2.5 years) so my goal for Step 1 is ~230 but would be satisfied with anything 220+. Our curriculum is weird in that we did all normal physiology for each system first semester, acute pathology for each system second semester and will be doing chronic pathology for each system this coming semester and then supposedly our last semester is going to be a review of everything for boards (we'll see, not sure how much I trust my school to hold true to that). I used Zanki and Boards and Beyond throughout first year and am very firmly average in my class (internal ranking that is not disclosed unless you are top 10 or 20 percent but was always around the average on exams). I have matured about 1.3k Zanki cards at this point and have seen about 3.1k cards, and have been doing B&B biochem throughout the summer since my school doesn't teach it and am about to start my first pass through Sketchy micro and pharm. My study methods weren't great M1 so I am really trying to refine and organize them for M2 in order to hopefully score higher on class exams and be prepared for boards.

My plan as of right now is to use B&B, Pathoma, Sketchy, FA and of course Zanki alongside classes this year and start UWorld spring semester (I get 7 weeks of dedicated and preliminary Step 1 test date is late June 2020). I have kept up with Zanki throughout the summer and am just going straight down the deck. I would create my own decks for each exam last year and pull Zanki cards into those decks based on what we were learning at the time since we would spend 2 weeks max on each system and cover multiple systems on each exam. Hindsight being 20/20, I don't think this was the best use of Zanki and I will likely will not do this again this year, instead doing ~75 new cards/day and all reviews as I make my way through the deck (hopefully I can get through the entire deck by the start of dedicated in mid May next year) and use class material and other resources mentioned above to prepare for exams. I didn't know about the lolnotacop micro deck until this summer, so I will be starting that shortly as I was using Bros primarily for micro last year.

I guess my questions for all of you are:

1. Question banks - I will be starting UWorld second semester and definitely want to do one full pass. Is it beneficial to do multiple passes of UWorld? I have seen mixed opinions on this as some say it's better to do it only once for the novel questions and others say doing it multiple times helps reaffirm the material. I want to work on at least one other question bank through the fall, is it necessary to do both Rx and Kaplan or just one or the other? Which one is better in your opinion?

2. Practice exams - I know I won't be starting these for a while, but I will definitely be doing both UWSA's, NBME 18 and the free 120 during dedicated since these all seem to have decent predictive value. I'd like to do one over winter break since we are supposed to be through all content after this semester, and want a baseline to see where I'm at and another one over spring break as another baseline after I have really started hitting board prep hard. Any suggestions on which practice exams would be best for this purpose? What other NBME exams did you find most beneficial to do during dedicated? I definitely don't want to go cheap on preparing for this exam but want to cut any expenses that aren't absolutely necessary.

3. Cram Fighter - did you use this and how beneficial did you find it?

Any other words of wisdom that you may have would be immensely appreciated. Apologies for the extra long post, I'm not a great test-taker and I'm not pleased with my study habits for the most part last year so I want to do better this year and put myself in the best position to do well.

Hi everyone, big congrats on so many great scores! I'm a rising M2 at a DO school and have been reading through this thread in order to design my study plan for Step 1 before this year starts. I'm pretty set on EM at this point (EM scribe for 2.5 years) so my goal for Step 1 is ~230 but would be satisfied with anything 220+. Our curriculum is weird in that we did all normal physiology for each system first semester, acute pathology for each system second semester and will be doing chronic pathology for each system this coming semester and then supposedly our last semester is going to be a review of everything for boards (we'll see, not sure how much I trust my school to hold true to that). I used Zanki and Boards and Beyond throughout first year and am very firmly average in my class (internal ranking that is not disclosed unless you are top 10 or 20 percent but was always around the average on exams). I have matured about 1.3k Zanki cards at this point and have seen about 3.1k cards, and have been doing B&B biochem throughout the summer since my school doesn't teach it and am about to start my first pass through Sketchy micro and pharm. My study methods weren't great M1 so I am really trying to refine and organize them for M2 in order to hopefully score higher on class exams and be prepared for boards.

My plan as of right now is to use B&B, Pathoma, Sketchy, FA and of course Zanki alongside classes this year and start UWorld spring semester (I get 7 weeks of dedicated and preliminary Step 1 test date is late June 2020). I have kept up with Zanki throughout the summer and am just going straight down the deck. I would create my own decks for each exam last year and pull Zanki cards into those decks based on what we were learning at the time since we would spend 2 weeks max on each system and cover multiple systems on each exam. Hindsight being 20/20, I don't think this was the best use of Zanki and I will likely will not do this again this year, instead doing ~75 new cards/day and all reviews as I make my way through the deck (hopefully I can get through the entire deck by the start of dedicated in mid May next year) and use class material and other resources mentioned above to prepare for exams. I didn't know about the lolnotacop micro deck until this summer, so I will be starting that shortly as I was using Bros primarily for micro last year.

I guess my questions for all of you are:

1. Question banks - I will be starting UWorld second semester and definitely want to do one full pass. Is it beneficial to do multiple passes of UWorld? I have seen mixed opinions on this as some say it's better to do it only once for the novel questions and others say doing it multiple times helps reaffirm the material. I want to work on at least one other question bank through the fall, is it necessary to do both Rx and Kaplan or just one or the other? Which one is better in your opinion?

2. Practice exams - I know I won't be starting these for a while, but I will definitely be doing both UWSA's, NBME 18 and the free 120 during dedicated since these all seem to have decent predictive value. I'd like to do one over winter break since we are supposed to be through all content after this semester, and want a baseline to see where I'm at and another one over spring break as another baseline after I have really started hitting board prep hard. Any suggestions on which practice exams would be best for this purpose? What other NBME exams did you find most beneficial to do during dedicated? I definitely don't want to go cheap on preparing for this exam but want to cut any expenses that aren't absolutely necessary.

3. Cram Fighter - did you use this and how beneficial did you find it?

Any other words of wisdom that you may have would be immensely appreciated. Apologies for the extra long post, I'm not a great test-taker and I'm not pleased with my study habits for the most part last year so I want to do better this year and put myself in the best position to do well.
You and I are in a similar boat. I'd recommend prioritizing a anatomy/micro/pharm deck (HY, and simple to memorize with ample time) along with your current decks. I wish I would've review more consistently, would've prevented the deluge at the onset of dedicated.

QBanks- I did a 1st pass, then redid all of my incorrects (literally until they were gone) and then another 40% pass. I think the incorrects were useful to really nail down what my gaps were. And the second pass was useful as after so many questions, the familiarity is trumped by the reiteration of the fact you already know. My strategy with Qbanks was using a non-UW bank for organ system based questions to prep for 2nd year finals, and then using UW during winter break on random for a general review, as you ramp up.

Practice test- I really liked the newer NBMEs. They were pretty representative (and predicted a couple points from my score). By the time you get to dedicated, there should be close to enough data for all the paranoid redditors to make score predictor. I used 18 as my baseline, and then went from there. Honestly, they are expensive, but it's worth it.

Didn't use cramfighter, so can't say anything about that.

got a 78% on free120
adding that to the algos didn't change anything: still predicts 233 avg.

Wish I had done more new NBMEs but I think im done (did 18, 21, free120, uwsa1, uwsa2) since the test is very soon.

You and I are in a similar boat. I'd recommend prioritizing a anatomy/micro/pharm deck (HY, and simple to memorize with ample time) along with your current decks. I wish I would've review more consistently, would've prevented the deluge at the onset of dedicated.

QBanks- I did a 1st pass, then redid all of my incorrects (literally until they were gone) and then another 40% pass. I think the incorrects were useful to really nail down what my gaps were. And the second pass was useful as after so many questions, the familiarity is trumped by the reiteration of the fact you already know. My strategy with Qbanks was using a non-UW bank for organ system based questions to prep for 2nd year finals, and then using UW during winter break on random for a general review, as you ramp up.

Practice test- I really liked the newer NBMEs. They were pretty representative (and predicted a couple points from my score). By the time you get to dedicated, there should be close to enough data for all the paranoid redditors to make score predictor. I used 18 as my baseline, and then went from there. Honestly, they are expensive, but it's worth it.

Didn't use cramfighter, so can't say anything about that.

Thank you for the advice! I made the mistake of taking a month off of Zanki after the end of M1 (the burnout was too real) so I am trying to get back on track and can hopefully finish everything by mid May. I've been using the original Zanki Step Deck with some updates, Zanki Pharm and lolnotacop micro. What other question bank did you use besides UWorld?

Thank you for the advice! I made the mistake of taking a month off of Zanki after the end of M1 (the burnout was too real) so I am trying to get back on track and can hopefully finish everything by mid May. I've been using the original Zanki Step Deck with some updates, Zanki Pharm and lolnotacop micro. What other question bank did you use besides UWorld?
The hardest part of Zanki is keeping it going. If it makes you feel better, I'd stop doing cards a week or so before finals, and not restart until the next term started (and pretty much took off M1 summer too =)).

I was fortunate enough to have access to Rx from my school, and then won a raffle for a Kaplan subscription.

After what felt like a lifetime it’s finally in!

255-259! (On 6/25)

Never touched anki, hundreds of pages in FA that I’ve never even looked at once. Just throwing that out there for anyone lurking bc the best thing I did to prep was learning the way that worked best for me and taking all advice I got with a grain of salt. I think the only non negotiable thing is doing plenty of practice questions.

See you all over in the 2020 CK thread, it’s been one wild ride!
congrats on the score! how did you end up studying aside from doing questions then? or is there a specific way u did practice questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the score! how did you end up studying aside from doing questions then? or is there a specific way u did practice questions?

Thanks! I attribute my score mainly to working hard in classes over the first two years. I used board review sources alongside classes. I would listen to lecture (or do the readings) and highlight stuff that was emphasized. Then I would focus on board review sources for the topics. I did my best to always have this completed for the weeks topics by Sunday. At this point I had a solid understanding of the topic and knew all the high yields. Then I would just cram memorization stuff and professor details right before the test. In doing this I was able to do very well in classes and it set me up for boards nicely.

As far as boards resources I used pathoma, sketchy (micro and pharm), and sometimes boards and beyond for other stuff (mainly physio). I started using Rx qbank at the beginning of second year, on random. I would skim answers...sometimes haha. I think it was mostly just helpful to see questions and keep topics fresh in my mind.

I also kept reviewing the sketchy videos. I tried to watch 1 a day, although I wasn’t always consistent about that. I reviewed pathoma sporadically.

For dedicated, I did UW on timed, random. Read all explanations, unless it was a topic I knew really well, then I would just skim to see if there was a tidbit I didn’t know. I would do UW all morning usually. Then in the afternoon, I would use B&B to fill in my knowledge gaps, maybe review a sketchy video if I felt it was a weak area. I did review most of the front part of FA, which I thought was good. I didn’t look at most of the organ systems, other than 2 that I was really strong in and wasn’t going to review otherwise, so just quickly paged through those sections. In the last week, I went through most of the pathoma book since I hadn’t really looked at most of it for 6 months or so.

I hope that answers your question haha. Also, just to be clear I wasn’t hating on anki or FA. I think they can be great resources, just weren’t what I liked or used. I guess I just wanted to show that you can do very well without them, because it used to stress me out some that I wasn’t using them because a lot of high scorers seem to. I likely covered everything (and more) in FA using B&B, pathoma and sketchy. And all I really meant about the questions was, use whatever resources you like but you gotta do questions, and UW is the best. I actually didn’t feel like questions were that helpful to me at first (but I i was very wrong), and I’m glad I didn’t ignore that golden rule. I’ve never once seen someone who took boards say questions weren’t helpful or they wished they had done less. In fact, if I did it over again, the only thing I would change is to try to do more questions, and start earlier.

Congrats on the solid score .
View attachment 272267
I dont see why not, 1/4 of all DO's who get it had scores below 230. Just figure out what else is needed.
Thank you! Yea i wasn't sure if low 230s was enough to match since that overlap between those that matched and didn't match falls around that spot. Hopefully the other stuff on my app is enough for programs to extend an interview. Thanks again!

got a 78% on free120
adding that to the algos didn't change anything: still predicts 233 avg.

Wish I had done more new NBMEs but I think im done (did 18, 21, free120, uwsa1, uwsa2) since the test is very soon.

I had a similar free 120 score [79%]. A lot of concepts on free 120 showed up on my exam. Def review the Ben White explanations and understand the background pathophysiology that is required to answer the free 120 questions and it'll help a lot on the actual exam!

Hey guys. Im an upcoming M2 and I was wondering what is the best resources to use? Right now I'm using boards and beyonds along with the lightyear anki deck and RX qbank for biochem. Once I move onto organ systems I'll do pathoma and sketchy as well. I've always been average on my school exams and I want to do as well as I can on this exam (obviously lol). For those who took it what is the single best thing you did to score what you did besides doing questions?

Hey guys. Im an upcoming M2 and I was wondering what is the best resources to use? Right now I'm using boards and beyonds along with the lightyear anki deck and RX qbank for biochem. Once I move onto organ systems I'll do pathoma and sketchy as well. I've always been average on my school exams and I want to do as well as I can on this exam (obviously lol). For those who took it what is the single best thing you did to score what you did besides doing questions?
Honestly, the single best thing I did was study my butt off during the first 2 years. Having a strong foundation made dedicated so much easier for me. Idk how your school works, but me, first year was normal function and 2nd year was path. Path makes up a huge chunk of the test so if that’s the case for you I would really buckle down this year and learn as much as you can!

I had a similar free 120 score [79%]. A lot of concepts on free 120 showed up on my exam. Def review the Ben White explanations and understand the background pathophysiology that is required to answer the free 120 questions and it'll help a lot on the actual exam!

Well I took it today. Free120 was sorta similar to the easy/first order questions. The hard questions felt like UWSA2 style to me.

how long does it take for them to send you a confirmation email that you took the exam? My NBME account doesn't say anything (took it yesterday, have the paper they give you at prometric that says i took it). got a notice of completion email the day i took the comlex

how long does it take for them to send you a confirmation email that you took the exam? My NBME account doesn't say anything (took it yesterday, have the paper they give you at prometric that says i took it). got a notice of completion email the day i took the comlex
Now that I think about it I don't think I ever got a completion email after USMLE. I did get one right after COMLEX so I wouldn't worry about it

NBME overall average: 230
Last three NBME's taken average: 238
UW2: 249
Step 1: 237

I underperformed on test day for sure (knew that walking out), but it seems as if UW2 over predicted for me. The last three NBME's I took seemed pretty representative (they were the newest ones). Being on the good side of the bell curve is nothing to complain about so I won't.

Reactions: 5 users

I underperformed on test day for sure (knew that walking out), but it seems as if UW2 over predicted for me. The last three NBME's I took seemed pretty representative (they were the newest ones). Being on the good side of the bell curve is nothing to complain about so I won't.

That's a great score! Congrats! When did you take it?

Yeah the trend I'm seeing is UW2 is overpredicting for just about everyone, and the newest NBMEs are actually really accurate, within a handful of points either way.

Someone who took the exam the same day as me had their permit disappear this past Sunday but mines still there. Can they release scores on different days for people who took it the same day?

Someone who took the exam the same day as me had their permit disappear this past Sunday but mines still there. Can they release scores on different days for people who took it the same day?
Lemme guess, did you take it 7/6? If so, same here and mine’s still there. Dunno if it means anything. BTW, I signed up really late (like in June) so maybe that played a part?

My test is coming up in a couple weeks. I've almost finished Uworld and plan to review as many missed Qs as possible with my remaining time. In the last 30 blocks I've only got about 60% right.
Free 120: 69%
NBME 18: (taking this weekend)
UWSE 2: (also this weekend)

Best I can find, that puts me around 220-225 as is, which is all I need, but does any part of this seem odd to anyone? Or is this data congruent?

EDIT: Got COMLEX back today, was shocked by the score because that test felt like crap.

Just got scores back for Step. For those that live to see these numbers like I did, here are mine. Added COMLEX stuff in here too for other DO students. Glad that's over!

USMLE:
  • NBME 13 (12/17/18): 186
  • AMBOSS assessment (4/6/19): 221
  • UWSA1 (5/11/19): 243
  • NBME 21 (5/22/19): 225
  • NBME 23 (5/27/19): 223
  • NBME 24 (6/9/19): 244
  • NBME 22 (6/17/19): 242
  • NBME 18 (6/22/19): 250
  • UWSA2 (6/28/19): 258
  • Free 120 (7/1/19): 91% correct
  • STEP 1 (7/5/19): 256
COMLEX:
  • COMBANK Assessment 1 (1/14/19): 620
  • COMBANK Assessment 2 (4/8/19): 640
  • COMSAE 103 (4/29/19): 559 – high score in class was 578; avg 387.5 (these new comsaes were bullllllll****ttttttt)
  • COMSAE 101 (6/14/19): 621
  • COMLEX LEVEL 1 (7/10/19): 734
Q Banks:
  • USMLERx: 75% correct
  • Kaplan: 81% correct
  • Comquest: 90% correct
  • Uworld: 76% first-pass correct (on timed-random); 83% correct total
  • Combank
    • COMLEX account: 76% correct
    • USMLE account: 78% correct

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
228. Bottom half DO student and kinda slacked during dedicated even. Goal was 225-230 bc I wanted EM. Overall super happy bc I am a bad test taker (502 mcat) and 228 was my exact UW2 score a week out. Baseline 7 weeks out was a 182.

Reactions: 10 users
UW First Pass 77%
Kaplan First pass 84%
UW1: 251 7 weeks out
NBME21: 232 6 weeks out
NBME20: 238 5 weeks out
NBME22: 246 4 weeks out
NBME23: 244 3 weeks out
NBME24: 255 2 weeks out
NBME18: 261 1 week out
UW2: 251 4 days out -> feeling really burned Out

Actual: 248

Reactions: 7 users
Just finally got my COMLEX score so i figured I'd do a write up now for future readers.

NBME 13 (3 months out) = 184
NBME 15 (2 months out) = 207
NBME 16 (7 Weeks out) = 192
NBME 17 (6 weeks out) = 198
NBME 19 (5 weeks out) = 213
Free 120 (4 weeks out) = 72.5%
NBME 18 (3 weeks out)= 209
NBME 20 (2 weeks out)= 223
NBME 21 (1 weeks out) = 217
UW1 (3 days out)= 234
UW2 (2 days out) = 230
USMLE Step 1: 219.
UW average = 63% First Pass, 85% 2nd Pass

Pretty disappointed that I didn't clear the 220 mark because IM at a lot of places filter out at 220. But there is literally nothing more i could've done so i'm not too worried about it.

Tips for anyone preparing to take Step 1. (As a heavy underperformer on the real deal, I would take anything I say with a grain of salt).
  • B&B is clutch for class, boards and beyond (lol). Definitely make watching these videos a priority. The lightyear anki deck was very helpful for solidifying this material. I felt like this deck covered the concepts laid out on B&B very well.
  • The only thing i do regret is not reviewing the free 120 right before test date. Atleast for my test there were several similar concepts and questions from this.
  • Do as many UW questions as possible. There was alot of topics on the real deal that mirrors the testing style from UW.
  • Sketchy Pharm/Micro is clutch. While UW mirrored the test very well there were a lot of first order questions on the test (like the NBMEs) that I only knew because i had the sketchy scene memorized.
  • Be well rested and ready for test date. This 8 hour test is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Be prepared to get "confused" by some questions. There were a couple questions that were essentially testing your comprehension of graphs, and blocks of information. I think it could have been very easily to overcomplicate if you weren't carefully reading the question.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got scores back for Step. For those that live to see these numbers like I did, here are mine. Added COMLEX stuff in here too for other DO students. Glad that's over!

USMLE:
  • NBME 13 (12/17/18): 186
  • AMBOSS assessment (4/6/19): 221
  • UWSA1 (5/11/19): 243
  • NBME 21 (5/22/19): 225
  • NBME 23 (5/27/19): 223
  • NBME 24 (6/9/19): 244
  • NBME 22 (6/17/19): 242
  • NBME 18 (6/22/19): 250
  • UWSA2 (6/28/19): 258
  • Free 120 (7/1/19): 91% correct
  • STEP 1 (7/5/19): 256
COMLEX:
  • COMBANK Assessment 1 (1/14/19): 620
  • COMBANK Assessment 2 (4/8/19): 640
  • COMSAE 103 (4/29/19): 559 – high score in class was 578; avg 387.5 (these new comsaes were bullllllll****ttttttt)
  • COMSAE 101 (6/14/19): 621
  • COMLEX LEVEL 1 (7/10/19): ????
Q Banks:
  • USMLERx: 75% correct
  • Kaplan: 81% correct
  • Comquest: 90% correct
  • Uworld: 76% first-pass correct (on timed-random); 83% correct total
  • Combank
    • COMLEX account: 76% correct
    • USMLE account: 78% correct
Thats an amazing score! What resources did you use during your dedicated?

Took Step 1 this week. It had a lot of immunology, general pathology and anatomy questions beyond the scope of review texts. Some weird ethics questions. I thought organ systems pathology, physiology, pharm and stats were straight forward. Not very much biochem/metabolism. Most questions were multi order. My most recent USWA was 245, but it was much easier than the real deal. I finished every section with 10 minutes to go even though I'm normally a slow test taker. I recommend really focusing on the first three chapters of Pathoma and doing a lot of practice questions. Good luck to others taking the exam!

Last edited:
Yep I finished each block very quickly and had a lot of time to rethink and change all my correct answers to the wrong answers on the hard ones

Reactions: 4 users
I used Zanki throughout first year alongside class material and have been going through the biochem deck and keeping up with reviews over the summer. I have done bits and pieces of almost every deck and would like to get through it all by dedicated in mid May. I should have the biochem deck done by next week, so my question is should I keep releasing moving sequentially through the decks, or should I prioritize path/biochem/micro/pharm and finish the physiology decks later?

I used Zanki throughout first year alongside class material and have been going through the biochem deck and keeping up with reviews over the summer. I have done bits and pieces of almost every deck and would like to get through it all by dedicated in mid May. I should have the biochem deck done by next week, so my question is should I keep releasing moving sequentially through the decks, or should I prioritize path/biochem/micro/pharm and finish the physiology decks later?
I think prioritizing the memorization/context-less information earlier is helpful, but on the other hand, it may not stick very well in the long term

I think prioritizing the memorization/context-less information earlier is helpful, but on the other hand, it may not stick very well in the long term

I think I’m going to try and power through all the physiology decks before school starts next month since I’ve already started most of them, and then just focus on path, micro and pharm. We’ve already done normal physiology for all the systems in class so I don’t want to be focusing on those decks when school starts back up. Hopefully working through question banks throughout the semester will help reinforce physio.

I think I’m going to try and power through all the physiology decks before school starts next month since I’ve already started most of them, and then just focus on path, micro and pharm. We’ve already done normal physiology for all the systems in class so I don’t want to be focusing on those decks when school starts back up. Hopefully working through question banks throughout the semester will help reinforce physio.
I personally had a really hard time reviewing old cards during 2nd year. I tried, but there was just so much new information to cover.