You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step I Official 2019 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My permit is no longer there, I guess Wednesday is the day. Cue the anxiety.
Took the test June 27th
Took the test June 27th
217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
232? I just want to enter for a chance at the prize.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My permit is gone as well! (June 26th taker)
It appears as mine is gone as well, June 24th
I had slightly lower scores than you, I predict 234-238217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
240. Beast mode!217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
A
AnatomyGrey12
233217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
237217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
231
Ill jump into this, 226 UW2 a little over 2 weeks ago, 75% free 120 Friday and 230 on nbme 18 yesterday. Hoping for 225+ realistically and 235+ optimistically. Y’all think 230 is doable? Test Thursday
Last edited:
A
AnatomyGrey12
Ill jump into this, 226 UW2 a little over 2 weeks ago, 75% free 120 Friday and 230 on nbme 18 yesterday. Hoping for 225+ realistically and 235+ optimistically. Y’all think 230 is doable? Test Thursday
Yeah I think you have a decent chance. Do you have UWSA 1 or other NBME scores?
Yeah I think you have a decent chance. Do you have UWSA 1 or other NBME scores?
205 Nbme 21 7 weeks ago and 220 uw1 6 weeks ago. Not too proud of either of those haha
A
AnatomyGrey12
205 Nbme 21 7 weeks ago and 220 uw1 6 weeks ago. Not too proud of either of those haha
Nah bro those were a long time ago. Your window is likely somewhere from 220-low 230s range based on the anecdotal stuff I've seen with the people in real like whose scores/prep I know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah bro those were a long time ago. Your window is likely somewhere from 220-low 230s range based on the anecdotal stuff I've seen with the people in real like whose scores/prep I know.
Hope so! 225+ is probably necessary for anesthesia
A
AnatomyGrey12
Hope so! 225+ is probably necessary for anesthesia
If you apply broad enough anything over 220 will likely get you where you want to go. I know someone with low 220s who got a good number of solid anesthesia interviews last cycle.
If you apply broad enough anything over 220 will likely get you where you want to go. I know someone with low 220s who got a good number of solid anesthesia interviews last cycle.
Ideally I’d like to get in someplace in the south, preferably Texas/OK/Louisiana area so come on good score
nbme 18 was very close to absolutely predicitive for me. I think you have a shot of 230, but the margin of error is 215-235Ill jump into this, 226 UW2 a little over 2 weeks ago, 75% free 120 Friday and 230 on nbme 18 yesterday. Hoping for 225+ realistically and 235+ optimistically. Y’all think 230 is doable? Test Thursday
My score is not outrageously high but here is my take.Just a question for those saying they did more questions and less Zanki:
Do you mean you wish you did questions instead of Zanki reviews during M2? Just curious as to what exactly you mean by that?
Congrats everyone on the great scores!
Simple formula.
grind 200k+ reviews in m2
Do 10k + questions in m2
Get 250+
profit??
Do uworld once in dedicated
RX alongside classes
Kaplan in weak subjects.
Do all the NBMES
My score is not outrageously high but here is my take.
Simple formula.
grind 200k+ reviews in m2
Do 10k + questions in m2
Get 250+
profit??
Do uworld once in dedicated
RX alongside classes
Kaplan in weak subjects.
Do all the NBMES
Thanks for the answer!
Kaplan in weak subject during dedicated or during M2? Did you only do 1 pass of UWorld?
1 uworld pass only during dedicated. Unique questions >repeat questions.Thanks for the answer!
Kaplan in weak subject during dedicated or during M2? Did you only do 1 pass of UWorld?
1 uworld pass only during dedicated. Unique questions >repeat questions.
Agree with all of this, but I think you can fit all of Kaplan along with all of Rx. Otherwise I'd do all kaplan and Rx for subjects you're weak in.
D
deleted996361
background: 2nd year DO , started dedicated boards studying end of April, took step 1 june 17.
NBME19=190, 9 weeks out
NBME21=205, 8 weeks out
NBME20=210, 6 weeks out
NBME16=232, 2 weeks out
NBME18=232, 1 week out
UWSA1=239, 3 weeks out
UWSA2=239, 4 days out
ACTUAL STEP 1 SCORE on June 17=245
i really think the adrenaline & fight-or-flight helped me in the end lol
i felt like my exam was most similar to NBME's than UWSA's. But i have friends who thought theirs were exactly like UWSA's as opposed to NBME's. I guess it just depends.
NBME19=190, 9 weeks out
NBME21=205, 8 weeks out
NBME20=210, 6 weeks out
NBME16=232, 2 weeks out
NBME18=232, 1 week out
UWSA1=239, 3 weeks out
UWSA2=239, 4 days out
ACTUAL STEP 1 SCORE on June 17=245
i really think the adrenaline & fight-or-flight helped me in the end lol
i felt like my exam was most similar to NBME's than UWSA's. But i have friends who thought theirs were exactly like UWSA's as opposed to NBME's. I guess it just depends.
Hey, did anyone take USMLE during rotations? Was it manageable? Thinking about switching my test date to the weekend after my first week of rotations...
Why do you want to switch it? Honestly if you are within 5 points of your goal score I would take it ASAP and not wait to deal with Step + starting rotations
Wow, congrats!background: 2nd year DO , started dedicated boards studying end of April, took step 1 june 17.
NBME19=190, 9 weeks out
NBME21=205, 8 weeks out
NBME20=210, 6 weeks out
NBME16=232, 2 weeks out
NBME18=232, 1 week out
UWSA1=239, 3 weeks out
UWSA2=239, 4 days out
ACTUAL STEP 1 SCORE on June 17=245
i really think the adrenaline & fight-or-flight helped me in the end lol
i felt like my exam was most similar to NBME's than UWSA's. But i have friends who thought theirs were exactly like UWSA's as opposed to NBME's. I guess it just depends.
D
deleted996361
thank you!!! 🙂 things really turned around for me lolWow, congrats!
D
deleted996361
240-245217 on NBME 18 - 1 week ago
78% free 120 - yesterday
245 UWS2 - today
Exam - Wednesday (in 2 days)
Shoot me your score predictions , winner will get a prize.
217 USW1 - 1 month ago....
Haven't been on here in a while. I'll update when I receive my score, but predictor had me at about 247. I did NBMEs in numerical order, one a week from about 7 weeks out
NBME 18: 217
NBME 20: 225
UWSA1: 249
NBME 21: 240
NBME 22: 234
NBME 23: 240
NBME 24: 244
UW 1st pass: 73%
UWSA2: 248
Free 120: 88%
Was truly a lazy student first two years, so I learned everything in my 7 weeks of dedicated and was proud of the jump. Went into dedicated aiming for 230-240 (my dream speciality is very non competitive thank goodness). I think I probably underperformed during the exam, so I'm glad for the prediction buffer? Could not sleep until about 4:30 am the night before (lol morning of?); it took me till the third block to feel like I was fully present.
Question for you - what is this permit trick thing? My permit link is up but when I click it tells me it's unavailable. I don't think that means it's gone because I only took my exam on 7/11.. Usually three weeks to go for report yeah? I'm so not on top of this but am now so nervously awaiting score
NBME 18: 217
NBME 20: 225
UWSA1: 249
NBME 21: 240
NBME 22: 234
NBME 23: 240
NBME 24: 244
UW 1st pass: 73%
UWSA2: 248
Free 120: 88%
Was truly a lazy student first two years, so I learned everything in my 7 weeks of dedicated and was proud of the jump. Went into dedicated aiming for 230-240 (my dream speciality is very non competitive thank goodness). I think I probably underperformed during the exam, so I'm glad for the prediction buffer? Could not sleep until about 4:30 am the night before (lol morning of?); it took me till the third block to feel like I was fully present.
Question for you - what is this permit trick thing? My permit link is up but when I click it tells me it's unavailable. I don't think that means it's gone because I only took my exam on 7/11.. Usually three weeks to go for report yeah? I'm so not on top of this but am now so nervously awaiting score
I had a bit higher predictions and scores , But a very similar night before the exam and the being present after the second block was definately something I felt. You should be fine.Haven't been on here in a while. I'll update when I receive my score, but predictor had me at about 247. I did NBMEs in numerical order, one a week from about 7 weeks out
NBME 18: 217
NBME 20: 225
UWSA1: 249
NBME 21: 240
NBME 22: 234
NBME 23: 240
NBME 24: 244
UW 1st pass: 73%
UWSA2: 248
Free 120: 88%
Was truly a lazy student first two years, so I learned everything in my 7 weeks of dedicated and was proud of the jump. Went into dedicated aiming for 230-240 (my dream speciality is very non competitive thank goodness). I think I probably underperformed during the exam, so I'm glad for the prediction buffer? Could not sleep until about 4:30 am the night before (lol morning of?); it took me till the third block to feel like I was fully present.
Question for you - what is this permit trick thing? My permit link is up but when I click it tells me it's unavailable. I don't think that means it's gone because I only took my exam on 7/11.. Usually three weeks to go for report yeah? I'm so not on top of this but am now so nervously awaiting score
The link goes away when the scores are going to get reported. So unfortunately you are going to have to wait
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Predict me? Just took step 1 yesterday, what a trip. I think it went pretty well, hard to tell. Background DO student middle third of class.
CBSE school baseline - 210 (9 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 243 (6 weeks out)
NBME 15 - 215 (5 weeks out)
NBME 16 - 218 (4 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 223 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 - 243 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 215 (2 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 225 (1 week out)
Free 120 - 83% (1 week out)
UW First pass 72%
Goal is 240, but would be very happy with anything >230
CBSE school baseline - 210 (9 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 243 (6 weeks out)
NBME 15 - 215 (5 weeks out)
NBME 16 - 218 (4 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 223 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 - 243 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 215 (2 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 225 (1 week out)
Free 120 - 83% (1 week out)
UW First pass 72%
Goal is 240, but would be very happy with anything >230
~235+-12Predict me? Just took step 1 yesterday, what a trip. I think it went pretty well, hard to tell. Background DO student middle third of class.
CBSE school baseline - 210 (9 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 243 (6 weeks out)
NBME 15 - 215 (5 weeks out)
NBME 16 - 218 (4 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 223 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 - 243 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 215 (2 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 225 (1 week out)
Free 120 - 83% (1 week out)
UW First pass 72%
Goal is 240, but would be very happy with anything >230
probably more if you havent ate anything from the machine ricky left out for you.
Sounds about right, hope I hit that 230+. Thank you!~235+-12
probably more if you havent ate anything from the machine ricky left out for you.
Getting my score back tomorrow. Pretty damn nervous. Anyone want to try to predict me?
CBSE (8 weeks out): 205
UWSA1 (2 weeks out): 254
UWSA2 (1 week out): 241
Free120: 86%
UWorld 1st Pass%: ~80%
Never took an NBME, since my DO school made me waste most of dedicated on a mandatory prep course + weekly COMSAEs
CBSE (8 weeks out): 205
UWSA1 (2 weeks out): 254
UWSA2 (1 week out): 241
Free120: 86%
UWorld 1st Pass%: ~80%
Never took an NBME, since my DO school made me waste most of dedicated on a mandatory prep course + weekly COMSAEs
Every time a DO breaks 240+ a ****ty DO admin cries.
Your prediction is hard, considering your uworld 1st pass % doesnt correlate with your uwsa performance. Were you doing uworld on rando ?Getting my score back tomorrow. Pretty damn nervous. Anyone want to try to predict me?
CBSE (8 weeks out): 205
UWSA1 (2 weeks out): 254
UWSA2 (1 week out): 241
Free120: 86%
UWorld 1st Pass%: ~80%
Never took an NBME, since my DO school made me waste most of dedicated on a mandatory prep course + weekly COMSAEs
Id say your score is 235+-15
Your prediction is hard, considering your uworld 1st pass % doesnt correlate with your uwsa performance. Were you doing uworld on rando ?
Id say your score is 235+-15
Yeah timed random. But I feel like Zanki spoiled a lot of UWorld so the # is inflated.
Most don’t sleep well the night before. I ended up taking 2 doses of zquil and only managed to get about 90 minutes of sleep. Did fine. Everyone’s exhausted.Haven't been on here in a while. I'll update when I receive my score, but predictor had me at about 247. I did NBMEs in numerical order, one a week from about 7 weeks out
NBME 18: 217
NBME 20: 225
UWSA1: 249
NBME 21: 240
NBME 22: 234
NBME 23: 240
NBME 24: 244
UW 1st pass: 73%
UWSA2: 248
Free 120: 88%
Was truly a lazy student first two years, so I learned everything in my 7 weeks of dedicated and was proud of the jump. Went into dedicated aiming for 230-240 (my dream speciality is very non competitive thank goodness). I think I probably underperformed during the exam, so I'm glad for the prediction buffer? Could not sleep until about 4:30 am the night before (lol morning of?); it took me till the third block to feel like I was fully present.
Question for you - what is this permit trick thing? My permit link is up but when I click it tells me it's unavailable. I don't think that means it's gone because I only took my exam on 7/11.. Usually three weeks to go for report yeah? I'm so not on top of this but am now so nervously awaiting score
D
deleted996361
Predict me? Just took step 1 yesterday, what a trip. I think it went pretty well, hard to tell. Background DO student middle third of class.
CBSE school baseline - 210 (9 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 243 (6 weeks out)
NBME 15 - 215 (5 weeks out)
NBME 16 - 218 (4 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 223 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 - 243 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 215 (2 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 225 (1 week out)
Free 120 - 83% (1 week out)
UW First pass 72%
Goal is 240, but would be very happy with anything >230
your stats are veryyyyyy similar to mine, even better in the UWSA's, a little lower in the nbme's, but i think it all evens out. i think you definitely broke 240. i would say 240-245?
UWorld 1st Pass: 68%
UWorld 2nd Pass: 83% (75% completed)
NBME15: 209 (6 wks out)
COMSAE (phase1 blueprint thing): 466 (5.5 wks out)
COMBANK Level 1 Assessment: 656-671 (5.5 wks out)
NBME20: 213 (4.5 wks out)
NBME21: 228 (3.5 wks out)
NBME22: 223 (2.5 wks out)
UWSA1: 262 (2.3 wks out)
NBME18: 232 (1 wk out)
UWSA2: 245 (2 days out)
Free120: 83% (2 days out; errored out 1st time w/ 3 questions left. LOL.)
Reddit Predictor: 243 (95% CI: 229 - 258)
Goal: 240+
ACTUAL STEP 1: 243
UWorld 2nd Pass: 83% (75% completed)
NBME15: 209 (6 wks out)
COMSAE (phase1 blueprint thing): 466 (5.5 wks out)
COMBANK Level 1 Assessment: 656-671 (5.5 wks out)
NBME20: 213 (4.5 wks out)
NBME21: 228 (3.5 wks out)
NBME22: 223 (2.5 wks out)
UWSA1: 262 (2.3 wks out)
NBME18: 232 (1 wk out)
UWSA2: 245 (2 days out)
Free120: 83% (2 days out; errored out 1st time w/ 3 questions left. LOL.)
Reddit Predictor: 243 (95% CI: 229 - 258)
Goal: 240+
ACTUAL STEP 1: 243
UW 1st Pass: 70%
NBME 16 -215 (8 weeks out)
COMSAE 105 - 525 (7 weeks out)
COMBANK Assessment 1 - 709-724 (7 weeks out)
NBME 21 - 234 (6 weeks out)
UWSA 1 - 264 (5 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 217 (4 weeks out)
NBME 22 - 238 (3 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 232 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 242 (1.5 weeks out)
UWSA 2 - 256 (1 week out)
Free120: 83% (2 days out)
COMBANK COMLEX Qbank - 79.6% (73% completed)
COMBANK USMLE Qbank - 72.6% (41% completed)
USMLERx - 68% (57% completed)
UW 2nd Pass: 81%
Reddit Predictor: 246 (95% CI: 231 - 261)
Goal: 240+
Step 1 - 244
NBME 16 -215 (8 weeks out)
COMSAE 105 - 525 (7 weeks out)
COMBANK Assessment 1 - 709-724 (7 weeks out)
NBME 21 - 234 (6 weeks out)
UWSA 1 - 264 (5 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 217 (4 weeks out)
NBME 22 - 238 (3 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 232 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 242 (1.5 weeks out)
UWSA 2 - 256 (1 week out)
Free120: 83% (2 days out)
COMBANK COMLEX Qbank - 79.6% (73% completed)
COMBANK USMLE Qbank - 72.6% (41% completed)
USMLERx - 68% (57% completed)
UW 2nd Pass: 81%
Reddit Predictor: 246 (95% CI: 231 - 261)
Goal: 240+
Step 1 - 244
UW 1st Pass: 70%
NBME 16 -215 (8 weeks out)
COMSAE 105 - 525 (7 weeks out)
COMBANK Assessment 1 - 709-724 (7 weeks out)
NBME 21 - 234 (6 weeks out)
UWSA 1 - 264 (5 weeks out)
NBME 20 - 217 (4 weeks out)
NBME 22 - 238 (3 weeks out)
NBME 23 - 232 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 - 242 (1.5 weeks out)
UWSA 2 - 256 (1 week out)
Free120: 83% (2 days out)
COMBANK COMLEX Qbank - 79.6% (73% completed)
COMBANK USMLE Qbank - 72.6% (41% completed)
USMLERx - 68% (57% completed)
UW 2nd Pass: 81%
Reddit Predictor: 246 (95% CI: 231 - 261)
Goal: 240+
Step 1 - 244
Like you said earlier, it's scary how close our scores are/have been through this process lol.
Most don’t sleep well the night before. I ended up taking 2 doses of zquil and only managed to get about 90 minutes of sleep. Did fine. Everyone’s exhausted.
I had a bit higher predictions and scores , But a very similar night before the exam and the being present after the second block was definately something I felt. You should be fine.
The link goes away when the scores are going to get reported. So unfortunately you are going to have to wait
Good(? or at least relieving) to hear that many people had an awful night. I was so close to pushing back (lol wanted to call to see if they had an open spot literally the next day just so I could sleep) but was also so over it/ready to be done at that point. I'm glad I didn't. We'll see in a few weeks
- congrats everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like you said earlier, it's scary how close our scores are/have been through this process lol.
For real lol. I'm glad that we both hit our goals. Good work man.
UWorld: 72%
USMLERx: 71%
UWSA1: 237
NBME 21: 213
NBME 18: 225
UWSA2: 239
Free 120: 83%
Predictor: 240
USMLE Step 1: 237
Although I did not reach my goal of 240, which is slightly disappointing, I'm still satisfied with my performance knowing it shouldn't close a lot of doors in the fields I'm interested in. Congrats to all you beasts breaking 240, 250 and even 260. Watching you guys progress on this thread really pushed me. Now time to actually become a doctor.
USMLERx: 71%
UWSA1: 237
NBME 21: 213
NBME 18: 225
UWSA2: 239
Free 120: 83%
Predictor: 240
USMLE Step 1: 237
Although I did not reach my goal of 240, which is slightly disappointing, I'm still satisfied with my performance knowing it shouldn't close a lot of doors in the fields I'm interested in. Congrats to all you beasts breaking 240, 250 and even 260. Watching you guys progress on this thread really pushed me. Now time to actually become a doctor.
Used the algorithm from reddit, says I will get between 227 and 240.
Uworld first pass 66%
UWSA1 222 (beginning of june, delayed exam)
NBME 21 221 (week ago)
NBME 18 215 (few days ago, sheesh)
UWSA2 232 (today)
plan on taking free120 tomorrow
Test is in a few days. Goal is 230.
Uworld first pass 66%
UWSA1 222 (beginning of june, delayed exam)
NBME 21 221 (week ago)
NBME 18 215 (few days ago, sheesh)
UWSA2 232 (today)
plan on taking free120 tomorrow
Test is in a few days. Goal is 230.
Does anyone know if we get a percentile? I also was under the impression we got those bar graph things that you get for NBMEs and UWorld self assessments where it tells you the areas you scored well in. This whole “how you scored in relation to your overall score” doesn’t really tell me much lol
There's a calculator online where you put up your score, average, and SD, and it pumps out percentileDoes anyone know if we get a percentile? I also was under the impression we got those bar graph things that you get for NBMEs and UWorld self assessments where it tells you the areas you scored well in. This whole “how you scored in relation to your overall score” doesn’t really tell me much lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 847
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 284
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 728