Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took 6/13. Score up! Was up right on the dot at 11 am!!!

My score for the same as Uworld form 2, so it really is predictive haahha!

I didn't take any NBME's, only the two UWORLD forms.

My study method was only: OME outlines and videos and Uworld (throughout the year, when studying for shelf), and Casefiles for FM and IM.

Uworld form 1: 250
Uworld form 2: 251

Actual: 251

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I took step 2 yesterday. I’m in a unique situation as I just graduated. I’m a DO that didn’t match ortho and now will be reapplying ortho plus gen surg. Decided to take usmle step 2 to help my application.

I did 2000 AMBOSS questions since April and then 50% of uworld during my dedicated 2 weeks. I already did uworld twice last year when I was studying for comlex level 2, so I didn’t feel I was missing anything by not completing it this year.

Usmle step 1 was 243
Comlex Level 2 last year was 690

UWSA 1 last year 240 this year 261
UWSA 2 last year 245 this year 256

( I know there is inflation but I truly didn’t remember more than 10 questions, or remembered the question but not the answer)

Nbme 6 last year 228
Nbme 8 last year 235
Nbme 7 this year 235

The test was rough but not crazy. I felt 50% of it was easy. 25% more difficult and then 20% narrowed down to 2 with a 50/50 and finally 5% no idea.

It was way more similar to the UWSA compared to Nbme exams

Honestly, after not matching and not getting a lot of love in the soap, I just wanted a passing score on step 2 so programs don’t screen me out this year.

I’ll update later!
Actual CK: 253

This is bizarre. I was hoping for mine this week (6/20 test) but expecting it next week. If it doesn’t come next week I’ll probably die lol
I slept horribly last night in anticipation and now I’m just super cranky...I’m off this morning but will be working next Wednesday morning. Not ideal at all.

Reactions: 1 users
I took 6/13 and haven't received email that scores are released. Did those of you who received today receive an email saying the scores were posted?

I took 6/13. Score up! Was up right on the dot at 11 am!!!

My score for the same as Uworld form 2, so it really is predictive haahha!

I didn't take any NBME's, only the two UWORLD forms.

My study method was only: OME outlines and videos and Uworld (throughout the year, when studying for shelf), and Casefiles for FM and IM.

Uworld form 1: 250
Uworld form 2: 251

Actual: 251

did you get an email saying they were released or did you just go directly to the site?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took step 2 CK on 6/11, taking Level 2 on 6/17. I wanted to post on my experience for the peeps out there that are not 260+ or 90% on-my-first-pass

Step 1: 218
Level 1: 616

Interest: EM residency

Did decent on comsaes (shelf exams) throughout the year, avg 110 ish
Started prep in beginning of April with a dedicated 3.5 weeks off, plus 2 weeks of studying and working during my third year EM elective rotation

Baseline NBME 6: 203
UWSA 1 (10 days later): 241
NBME 8 (7 days later): 224
NBME 7 (15 days later): 245
UWSA 2 (4 days later): 243
Practice Session @ Testing Center, 2 days before actual exam: 83%

The test day itself was as I expected, great energy in the morning and got through 2 blocks without a break, then slowly started to run out of energy. During the second half I took breaks between each block, mostly to grab a snack, stretch, and stop staring at the screen for a bit. I came out just like most of us do, remembering stupid questions that I should have gotten right. I feel I took a hit with how many step 1 questions I had on my test, because I am just not a rote memorizer. Also felt like I took a hit on statistics, forgot certain formulas, etc and it's just not my strength overall. I am hopeful that I at least got in the 230's but also reminding myself that this is a test score and that people have matched with non-250 scores in the past.

I will post my 2CK when it comes out. Just wanted to provide something relatable for all of you reading "only got a 250, disappointment" posts like myself and cringing, haha. No offense to you high scoring folks out there, I commend you, but I have trouble relating.

Got my score back today, I am beyond happy and grateful to say I scored a 248!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
So 6/13 gets scores but not 6/14? Interesting. I thought I would get it today, but my print permit link was still there so I figured I’d have to wait.

Any of you guys using the FCVS thing on the FSMB (Medical Boards) website? If so, was it updated the day of your score release?

Side-note, has anyone that tested between 6/17 and 6/22 received a score?

Apparently some
Any of you guys using the FCVS thing on the FSMB (Medical Boards) website? If so, was it updated the day of your score release?

Side-note, has anyone that tested between 6/17 and 6/22 received a score?
apparently some people have. I took mine 6/17 and haven’t. I’m betting not releasing scores last week delayed ours to 5 Wednesdays now...

Tested 6/13
UWSA1 - 247
UWSA2 - 251

Step 2 CK Acutal - 249
Step 1 was 224

Naturally I am pumped.

Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my score back today, I am beyond happy and grateful to say I scored a 248!!!!!!!

Congratulations on such great score
Pls How many times did were u able to go through UW. How many many questions did you do a day? Did you do it random or by system? What other straggles do you recommend?

Yeah sorry, I just meant I think it’ll be delayed for our week. So it’ll be the 4th or 5th Wednesday for us instead of the more typical 3rd or 4th.

Well hoping to get score next week (be 4 Wednesday’s but maybe they count it as 3 since no reporting the week of the 4th) and not two more weeks

Step 1: 25x
Step 2ck: 260-265
UWSA1: 257
UWSA2: 265
Did not take any NBMEs
Free 120: Can't remember my % but do it! I had 2 repeats word for word.
Uworld %: 78

Zanki throughout 3rd year

Felt terrible coming out of the exam, made dumb mistakes, felt like my journal articles were extremely convoluted but it all worked out! Trust your scores, work hard and it'll all be worth it.

Reactions: 2 users
D.O. here just got my scores back today.
Step 1 - 228
Step 2 - 252
I watched some OME during my rotations, but I used Zanki Step 2 and Uworld to study for boards. Anki is the best resource I've used.

USIMG from Australia
Step 1: 232
Step 2: 250

UWSA1: 255 1 week out
UWSA2: 244 2 weeks out

Trust your scores,
I was going to pull my exam date forward, happy i didnt.
OME + Uworld thats it.
Learnt from Step 1, too many resources is the enemy.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
Congrats to everyone else.

How are the average scores that high? Something is fishy here. Even the top scorers on SDN are barely 1 SD above.

How are the average scores that high? Something is fishy here. Even the top scorers on SDN are barely 1 SD above.

It shows how many people score in each range on the score report. The highest category is a score 246-260. Second is 231-245, then both 216-230 and 261-275 have the same amount tied for third highest.

Congratulations on such great score
Pls How many times did were u able to go through UW. How many many questions did you do a day? Did you do it random or by system? What other straggles do you recommend?
Thank you!!!

I went through UWorld a total of 2 times. I had finished a little over half of UWorld by the end of third year. Finished it and then restarted the bank during my dedicated period. I was doing 110 questions per day, I basically just took how many study days I had and then divided that into the amount of questions I had in the bank. They will update and add questions from time to time but that didn't throw me off too much. I took a couple of days off during dedicated for random things.

Everyone learns differently but my strategy was UWorld, flash cards made on quizlet of my incorrects (focused on reviewing these as much as I could, almost daily), Uworld SA's & NBME's.

Thank you!!!

I went through UWorld a total of 2 times. I had finished a little over half of UWorld by the end of third year. Finished it and then restarted the bank during my dedicated period. I was doing 110 questions per day, I basically just took how many study days I had and then divided that into the amount of questions I had in the bank. They will update and add questions from time to time but that didn't throw me off too much. I took a couple of days off during dedicated for random things.

Everyone learns differently but my strategy was UWorld, flash cards made on quizlet of my incorrects (focused on reviewing these as much as I could, almost daily), Uworld SA's & NBME's.
Thank you for sharing

Step 2 CK: 270
Step 1: 260-265

UW Sim1: 262
UW Sim2: 268

NBME 6: 271
NBME 7: 245
NBME 8: 277

Remembered at least 10 that I missed for sure. Hate the new score report breakdown, tells you nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
Step 2 CK: 270
Step 1: 260-265

UW Sim1: 262
UW Sim2: 268

NBME 6: 271
NBME 7: 245
NBME 8: 277

Remembered at least 10 that I missed for sure. Hate the new score report breakdown, tells you nothing.
Congrats mate!
Looking forward to hear how you went by the prep.

And how were uworld first pass and second pass %s like?