Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
According to USMLE post about it we should get it before august. Somebody should try to call them to see if scores are getting released late

I think scores from 6/23 onwards aren't released until late August.

From the USMLE announcement page:
"The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of June 23 through August 8 will be Wednesday, August 28, 2019. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before August 28, 2019, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 24, 2019."

Members don't see this ad :)
According to USMLE post about it we should get it before august. Somebody should try to call them to see if scores are getting released late
From what I remember the announcement was that after June 24 scores will be after aug 28

I think scores from 6/23 onwards aren't released until late August.

From the USMLE announcement page:
"The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of June 23 through August 8 will be Wednesday, August 28, 2019. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before August 28, 2019, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 24, 2019."

Sweet. They’ll come out just in time to torpedo my ERAS!
+pissed+

Reactions: 1 users
6/22 and my permit is still up too. Are they going to release ours next week or do we have to wait until August now?
Looking at last year’s reporting trends, our Saturday date equivalent had scores released this week. My permit is still there too so fingers crossed this is actually the week!

Took mine June 22nd, the link is still there for me too. But when i click it says that its not available. Has anyone tried the fsmb trick for those who took it on my date?

Took mine June 22nd, the link is still there for me too. But when i click it says that its not available. Has anyone tried the fsmb trick for those who took it on my date?
I believe the link has to actually disappear. My permit link started saying "not available" 2 weeks after my test date but still no score.

Took on 6/21. Expect to get score this week but permit still there. Is there anyone who get the score without permit disappearing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week, the split was between Thursday 13th and Friday 14th (with people taking it on the 13th getting their scores). I suspect this upcoming week, the split will be between Thursday 20th and Friday 21th (with people sitting the exam on the 20th getting their scores).

Anyone who sat for the exam on the 21st or later have permit button disappear (disappear means the button itself is gone, NOT that the link to it is "unavailable" when clicked)?

The last day to take exam for score NOT to be delayed is June 24, meaning next week people who took the exam on 21-24th will most likely be getting their scores. The language was not clear given that is it "the week of 23" but "no later than June 24". I emailed and confirmed (24th score will not be delayed).

Last edited:
The last day to take exam for score NOT to be delayed is June 24, meaning next week people who took the exam on 21-24th will most likely be getting their scores. The language was not clear given that is it "the week of 23" but "no later than June 24". I emailed and confirmed.

What did you 'confirm'?

Some people on the 21st and before that I know still have the link to print the CK permit so it's odd that some people still have it

I took it the 22nd, as did a classmate of mine, and our permits are gone (like gone gone) as of this morning.

If u try to sign up for the step 3 the week of ur score release on fsmb u can do so successfully if u passed apparently.
Gotcha. I'm a DO so I'm not planning on taking Step 3 (and I haven't taken Step 2 CS).

I do know that my friend who took it on like the 10th got his score back last week, despite people here taking it earlier than him and not getting scores back. Maybe it depends on the testing center and when they release things?

Two weeks to go. Getting through 3000 UWorld questions in a month is not as easy as I thought it would be. And it didn't sound very easy to begin with.

Reactions: 2 users
Two weeks to go. Getting through 3000 UWorld questions in a month is not as easy as I thought it would be. And it didn't sound very easy to begin with.

I take my exam this Thursday and am going to be at least 500 short of finishing. I was really hoping to make it through them all again after clerkships but yeah, not happening in 3 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG took on 6/21 my permit just disappeared about one hour ago.because I checked 2 hours ago its still there.

I take my exam this Thursday and am going to be at least 500 short of finishing. I was really hoping to make it through them all again after clerkships but yeah, not happening in 3 weeks.
Yeah, at first doing ~120 questions per day doesn't sound like that tall an order. But then you realize that for each hour-long block, you probably have to allot at least an hour of review, plus you have to fit in 800 additional questions via practice tests, and do whatever non-UWorld study methods you have determined. That said, I do think that I will soon reach (if I haven't reached it already) the point of diminishing returns so if I finish with 90% complete there are greater tragedies in the world. I don't think I know anybody who got through the whole thing in their dedicated.

Took mine 6/22 also and permit link is still there. I'm wondering if this means some of us who took it that day will get it tomorrow and some of us will get it next week. Or maybe it means something a lot more sinister... I really hope neither is the case and we all just get our scores tomorrow.

My permit was gone two weeks ago (sat 6/21) but i think it’s cuz it expired end of June, still waiting on score

If u try to sign up for the step 3 the week of ur score release on fsmb u can do so successfully if u passed apparently.
I took CK on 6/22 and my permit has disappeared. So I tried the FSMB thing but it didn’t let me sign up.

Part of the eligibility requirements to sign up for Step 3 include passing CS though, so it may be bc I don’t have my CS score yet either. At least that’s what I’m hoping is the problem

Its bc the permit trick doesnt really work bc some ppl’s time interval is different from others and it can disappear if ur passed the permit’s time interval. The fsmb one is probably more indicative given uve taken all ur step exams

Taking it in a couple of days.
UWSA 1 (2.5 weeks ago) = 236
UWSA 2 (last week) = 254

Do you guys think I'm good to pass? Goal = 210 (seriously, I just need to pass and be done with this). I know my scores are okay, but I haven't taken any other NBMEs other than NBME 7 (pre-study) which was in the 180s!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Taking it in a couple of days. UWSA 1 (2.5 weeks ago) = 236; UWSA 2 (last week) = 254. Do you guys think I'm good to pass? Goal = 210 (seriously, I just need to pass and be done with this). I know my scores are okay, but I haven't taken any other NBMEs other than NBME 7 (pre-study) which was in the 180s!
Maybe.

Taking it in a couple of days.
UWSA 1 (2.5 weeks ago) = 236
UWSA 2 (last week) = 254

Do you guys think I'm good to pass? Goal = 210 (seriously, I just need to pass and be done with this). I know my scores are okay, but I haven't taken any other NBMEs other than NBME 7 (pre-study) which was in the 180s!
You had good improvement from on your practice exam. I think you will pass cuz I hear UWSA 2 is tougher than 1 and you did better on 2.

Pls how many times did you go through Uw?
How far into UW where u before you took UWSA 1?
How did youni
Prove your score between UWSA 1 and 2?

You had good improvement from on your practice exam. I think you will pass cuz I hear UWSA 2 is tougher than 1 and you did better on 2.

Pls how many times did you go through Uw?
How far into UW where u before you took UWSA 1?
How did youni
Prove your score between UWSA 1 and 2?
I was 50% done with UW when I took UWSA1. I was 85% done with UW when I took UWSA2. I just aggressively did UW and studied OME and some FA CK. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I really just wanna pass

I was 50% done with UW when I took UWSA1. I was 85% done with UW when I took UWSA2. I just aggressively did UW and studied OME and some FA CK. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I really just wanna pass
Thanks for replying back also What was your uw average? Also did you do it time and random?