Feb 12, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How are the average scores that high? Something is fishy here. Even the top scorers on SDN are barely 1 SD above.
It shows how many people score in each range on the score report. The highest category is a score 246-260. Second is 231-245, then both 216-230 and 261-275 have the same amount tied for third highest.

Stephanopolous

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2013
Upstate, NY
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Congratulations on such great score
Pls How many times did were u able to go through UW. How many many questions did you do a day? Did you do it random or by system? What other straggles do you recommend?
Thank you!!!

I went through UWorld a total of 2 times. I had finished a little over half of UWorld by the end of third year. Finished it and then restarted the bank during my dedicated period. I was doing 110 questions per day, I basically just took how many study days I had and then divided that into the amount of questions I had in the bank. They will update and add questions from time to time but that didn't throw me off too much. I took a couple of days off during dedicated for random things.

Everyone learns differently but my strategy was UWorld, flash cards made on quizlet of my incorrects (focused on reviewing these as much as I could, almost daily), Uworld SA's & NBME's.

Aug 9, 2014
Status
Thank you!!!

I went through UWorld a total of 2 times. I had finished a little over half of UWorld by the end of third year. Finished it and then restarted the bank during my dedicated period. I was doing 110 questions per day, I basically just took how many study days I had and then divided that into the amount of questions I had in the bank. They will update and add questions from time to time but that didn't throw me off too much. I took a couple of days off during dedicated for random things.

Everyone learns differently but my strategy was UWorld, flash cards made on quizlet of my incorrects (focused on reviewing these as much as I could, almost daily), Uworld SA's & NBME's.
Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Stephanopolous

Match2020_IM

Mike-o-plasma
Feb 9, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Step 2 CK: 270
Step 1: 260-265

UW Sim1: 262
UW Sim2: 268

NBME 6: 271
NBME 7: 245
NBME 8: 277

Remembered at least 10 that I missed for sure. Hate the new score report breakdown, tells you nothing.
Congrats mate!
Looking forward to hear how you went by the prep.

And how were uworld first pass and second pass %s like?

EmergDO

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Medical Student
According to USMLE post about it we should get it before august. Somebody should try to call them to see if scores are getting released late

I think scores from 6/23 onwards aren't released until late August.

From the USMLE announcement page:
"The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of June 23 through August 8 will be Wednesday, August 28, 2019. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before August 28, 2019, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 24, 2019."

power7bb

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
According to USMLE post about it we should get it before august. Somebody should try to call them to see if scores are getting released late
From what I remember the announcement was that after June 24 scores will be after aug 28

The Knife & Gun Club

MS - 4
2+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hollywood Upstairs Medical College
Status
Medical Student
I think scores from 6/23 onwards aren't released until late August.

From the USMLE announcement page:
"The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of June 23 through August 8 will be Wednesday, August 28, 2019. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before August 28, 2019, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 24, 2019."
Sweet. They’ll come out just in time to torpedo my ERAS!
+pissed+

Reactions: pb34 and WolfDick

TTPpentad

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2017
Status
Medical Student
6/22 and my permit is still up too. Are they going to release ours next week or do we have to wait until August now?
Looking at last year’s reporting trends, our Saturday date equivalent had scores released this week. My permit is still there too so fingers crossed this is actually the week!

Jul 1, 2018
Took mine June 22nd, the link is still there for me too. But when i click it says that its not available. Has anyone tried the fsmb trick for those who took it on my date?

GREY20

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Took mine June 22nd, the link is still there for me too. But when i click it says that its not available. Has anyone tried the fsmb trick for those who took it on my date?
I believe the link has to actually disappear. My permit link started saying "not available" 2 weeks after my test date but still no score.

Jun 22, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Took on 6/21. Expect to get score this week but permit still there. Is there anyone who get the score without permit disappearing?

kubb_champ

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2015
Status
Last week, the split was between Thursday 13th and Friday 14th (with people taking it on the 13th getting their scores). I suspect this upcoming week, the split will be between Thursday 20th and Friday 21th (with people sitting the exam on the 20th getting their scores).

Anyone who sat for the exam on the 21st or later have permit button disappear (disappear means the button itself is gone, NOT that the link to it is "unavailable" when clicked)?

The last day to take exam for score NOT to be delayed is June 24, meaning next week people who took the exam on 21-24th will most likely be getting their scores. The language was not clear given that is it "the week of 23" but "no later than June 24". I emailed and confirmed (24th score will not be delayed).

Last edited:

theguardsman

5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2013
Status
Medical Student
The last day to take exam for score NOT to be delayed is June 24, meaning next week people who took the exam on 21-24th will most likely be getting their scores. The language was not clear given that is it "the week of 23" but "no later than June 24". I emailed and confirmed.
What did you 'confirm'?

Jul 12, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Some people on the 21st and before that I know still have the link to print the CK permit so it's odd that some people still have it

EmergDO

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Medical Student
If u try to sign up for the step 3 the week of ur score release on fsmb u can do so successfully if u passed apparently.
Gotcha. I'm a DO so I'm not planning on taking Step 3 (and I haven't taken Step 2 CS).

I do know that my friend who took it on like the 10th got his score back last week, despite people here taking it earlier than him and not getting scores back. Maybe it depends on the testing center and when they release things?

echidna001

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Two weeks to go. Getting through 3000 UWorld questions in a month is not as easy as I thought it would be. And it didn't sound very easy to begin with.
I take my exam this Thursday and am going to be at least 500 short of finishing. I was really hoping to make it through them all again after clerkships but yeah, not happening in 3 weeks.

Reactions: bananafish94
Oct 28, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I take my exam this Thursday and am going to be at least 500 short of finishing. I was really hoping to make it through them all again after clerkships but yeah, not happening in 3 weeks.
Yeah, at first doing ~120 questions per day doesn't sound like that tall an order. But then you realize that for each hour-long block, you probably have to allot at least an hour of review, plus you have to fit in 800 additional questions via practice tests, and do whatever non-UWorld study methods you have determined. That said, I do think that I will soon reach (if I haven't reached it already) the point of diminishing returns so if I finish with 90% complete there are greater tragedies in the world. I don't think I know anybody who got through the whole thing in their dedicated.