riley2021

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Is this a reliable indicator of whether the score is coming up? My permit is still there (IWA) and I took the test on the 17th.
I took it the 19th and mine is gone but idk if that’s because my testing period ended at the end of September?

Jul 1, 2018
I took it the 19th and mine is gone but idk if that’s because my testing period ended at the end of September?
I just realized when you click the link it says its gone. I thought the link itself disappears.

Update: link is gone now too for me

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018
Is this a reliable indicator of whether the score is coming up? My permit is still there (IWA) and I took the test on the 17th.
I think it is, but the link should entirely disappear. Some people still have the link but when they click the permit is no longer available. In my experience the link disappears completely.

riley2021

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I think it is, but the link should entirely disappear. Some people still have the link but when they click the permit is no longer available. In my experience the link disappears completely.
Just this morning I can register for step 3

super_mom

5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I just realized when you click the link it says its gone. I thought the link itself disappears.

Update: link is gone now too for me
Hi I tried to PM you I wanted to make some clarification but it’s not allowing me to send you a message...you can sent me private message then.

Jul 1, 2018
Hi I tried to PM you I wanted to make some clarification but it’s not allowing me to send you a message...you can sent me private message then.
Hi. Im not sure about why messages are not being sent but the link that allowed me to view my permit is completely gone.

Oct 3, 2018
Oh ok. Is this the first time taking this exam? I am a repeat test taker, Im wondering if the trick still works for those who failed the first time.
In my experience the FSMB trick for registering for Step 3 works if you have already taken Step 1 & CS. And on the day you receive your score (Wednesday) at 12 AM central time you can see if you passed through FCVS.

Nephronlearner

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
Status
Medical Student
My CK experience:
FMG from Europe. Step 1 score 257.
Had a weird study schedule. Passed Step 1 in May last year. Then bought UW for CK and got through roughly 50% of it. Took NBME 6 - got 239. Looked promising but had to postpone studying as my internship in my home country was about to start. Continued studying 7-8 months later and finished UW, took NBME 7 - got 235. Then had to postpone studying by another 3-4 months due to family issues; reset UW, did 3 blocks per day for around 2-2.5 weeks and got through approximately 60% of it before the test date. First pass was around 69%, 2nd pass >80%. Did not use any books, just UW and notes from it. Overall, all I did was 1.6 x UW so I did not feel great about my prep despite promising UWSA scores :censored:
UWSA 1: 252
UWSA 2: 257
Free 120: 87%

Exam experience:
Straaaaaaange. Questions were similar to UWSAs in length and style but many were quite vague with strange answer choices. Marked around 10-15 questions per block. Relatively few questions where I had to just randomly guess but maybe 25-30% where I was uncertain. Drug ad questions were way more complicated than the UW ones. Generally, UW covers most of the topics tested. Left having no idea what to expect but I was hopeful I had broken 250.

Final score: 264.

Just a thought: I feel getting used to solving UW-style CK questions was the most important aspect of doing well on this test.
Hope this experience helps someone.

super_mom

5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Oh ok. Is this the first time taking this exam? I am a repeat test taker, Im wondering if the trick still works for those who failed the first time.

I really hope you do Well on this exam because share your experience on how you studied differently from the first time you took it.

Doctor_Strange

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2015
Status
Medical Student
not sure where i can post this but i failed my last surgery nbme exam practice exam and i take the shelf tomorrow. ive passed the other 3 that are available. do the nbme practice shelves usually underpredict? i got a 53 and need a 59 to pass... (65, 62, and 71 on the others).

Reactions: Mikeeee

USMLE_Pro

Founder of USMLE Pro
Gold Donor
Jan 10, 2018
Palo Alto, CA
www.usmlepro.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
not sure where i can post this but i failed my last surgery nbme exam practice exam and i take the shelf tomorrow. ive passed the other 3 that are available. do the nbme practice shelves usually underpredict? i got a 53 and need a 59 to pass... (65, 62, and 71 on the others).
they can underpredict for some, but you should be confidently passing them before taking your shelf. If there's no option to delay, I would focus your time on taking and reviewing (in great detail) each one of the CMS forms

Jun 9, 2019
Status
Medical Student
The waiting game is the worse ughhhhhhh reliving the whole situation everyday :(

I took the Ck recently and i can't stop thinking about how terrible i did on it. I finished all the blocks but had a min to answer the last two questions so I always rushed the last two questions. I know i have a confirmed 15-20 easy questions wrong. I also know that i wasn't sure on half the exam. I did UWSA 1: 252 2 wks before, UWSA: 242 2 days before the exam. I did uworld 80% of it in my third year and reset it and did 85% second round and avg was 73%. Did anyone feel this way?

Oct 14, 2019
The waiting game is the worse ughhhhhhh reliving the whole situation everyday :(

I took the Ck recently and i can't stop thinking about how terrible i did on it. I finished all the blocks but had a min to answer the last two questions so I always rushed the last two questions. I know i have a confirmed 15-20 easy questions wrong. I also know that i wasn't sure on half the exam. I did UWSA 1: 252 2 wks before, UWSA: 242 2 days before the exam. I did uworld 80% of it in my third year and reset it and did 85% second round and avg was 73%. Did anyone feel this way?
Wait is killing me too, keep us posted please

Oct 3, 2018
When I took my test my permit disappeared on Sunday night and I was able to register for Step 3 on Monday. But a friend of mine had his permit disappear until Monday night (tonight) and is still not able to register for step 3.

has someone been unable to register for step 3 until Tuesday before getting their scores?

Jun 9, 2019
Status
Medical Student
When I took my test my permit disappeared on Sunday night and I was able to register for Step 3 on Monday. But a friend of mine had his permit disappear until Monday night (tonight) and is still not able to register for step 3.

has someone been unable to register for step 3 until Tuesday before getting their scores?
I read a few posts where the step 3 trick doesn't work until Tuesday night.

Nephronlearner

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
Status
Medical Student
IMG, with step 1 and step 2 CS passed already. I think that’s the only way it lets you start Step 3 registration. But I think that later today at night (like at 12) you could see if you passed through FCVS
Thanks! Same thing here with the exception that my last exam is CS and was hoping to get the score tomorrow - starting to look like I either failed or won't be getting the score this week.

Oct 3, 2018
It disappeared within a few days after the exam so it does not seem reliable!
Do you mean that the link totally disappeared or that the permit is not available? The link should be completely gone, you should not be able to even click it.
If so, maybe it’s because your testing period ended a few days after your test.

Nephronlearner

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
Status
Medical Student
Do you mean that the link totally disappeared or that the permit is not available? The link should be completely gone, you should not be able to even click it.
If so, maybe it’s because your testing period ended a few days after your test.
No, my eligibility period was well into 2020. The permit link completely disappeared within a week of the exam. It seems to be the case for all IMGs now. The link on OASIS never seems to disappear, however.

Sep 30, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Dudeee this waiting game is really hard. I'm an IMG took my exam on october 7th, UWSA2 got 255 (1 month before the exam) then i did the UWSA1 270 one week before the exam, got 92% in the free 120 questions, did 100% of UW Qbank with 82% average ( first round), but i felt very bad during the exam many crazy questions with crazy options, I ran out of time in one of the Qbanks, felt pretty unsure of my answers. Everyone told me that this is a normal feeling after the exam but i'm getting crazy AF, hopefully I'll get anything above 250 but I feel like roughly I'll get 240.

Nephronlearner

5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2013
Europe
Status
Medical Student
Dudeee this waiting game is really hard. I'm an IMG took my exam on october 7th, UWSA2 got 255 (1 month before the exam) then i did the UWSA1 270 one week before the exam, got 92% in the free 120 questions, did 100% of UW Qbank with 82% average ( first round), but i felt very bad during the exam many crazy questions with crazy options, I ran out of time in one of the Qbanks, felt pretty unsure of my answers. Everyone told me that this is a normal feeling after the exam but i'm getting crazy AF, hopefully I'll get anything above 250 but I feel like roughly I'll get 240.
I felt extremely confused after the exam myself. So many questions are vague and I remember marking at least 10 questions per block, if not more. Most of those were educated guesses - some I got right, some I got wrong. Ended up scoring even higher than my UWSA2. Your Qbank and Free120 are also excellent so I am pretty sure that you will end up getting a high score, well above 250, probably above 260. I think the fact that you were doing so well in UW, UWSAs and Free120 suggests that you know more than enough to ensure those "educated guesses" are correct more often than not so you should be fine.

Jun 4, 2018
I have almost similar stats as your
Uwsa1 270
Uwsa2 259
Free 120 92%
Took exam a few days ago and felt like I was unsure of 50% of my answers. Ran out of time in one block .
Missed so many gummies.
Now I feel I can't even cross 240

Oct 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student

Hey i feel the same way and i have similar scores to you on my uwsa1 and uwsa2. I definitely marked a lot of questions on my exam and was rushed on a few blocks. Getting my grade back tomorrow so hopefully i did well.

Jun 9, 2019
Status
Medical Student

You all are worried about breaking 240 250 and I’m here worried about passing :(

Jun 4, 2018
Hey i feel the same way and i have similar scores to you on my uwsa1 and uwsa2. I definitely marked a lot of questions on my exam and was rushed on a few blocks. Getting my grade back tomorrow so hopefully i did well.
Please let us know when you get your scores back I will get mine in two weeks . All the best

Forever_Blessed

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
My exam is this Friday.
Averaging 70% on UWorld second pass
UWSA 1 230

Goal is 240.
I’m feeling good leading up to exam day, but you just never know!
I really need 240+

Sep 30, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Best of lucks, you got this. Let us know about your experience.

Apr 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Need advice. Still have about 200 questions left in uworld. Took me about 3 months to get through uworld; this was my 2nd pass, did first pass over a year ago. Took nbme 8 three weeks ago and scored 248. Took uwsa 1 yesterday, scored 258. Exam date is 11th Sept. Should i push the date and get through the remaining 200 questions, incorrects and a quick read of my notes OR should i finish the 200 questions in a couple of days, take uwsa 2 and give it on he 11th?
Step 1 is 248, CS pass, YOG 2017
Came out of the exam feeling like ****; marked atleast 20 questions per block, guessed on both the drug ads. I counted atleast 25-30 wrong over the course of the next 2 weeks.
UW first pass: 74%
UW second pass: 85%
NBME 8 (5 weeks out: 248)
NBME 6 (4 weeks out: 256)
UWSA 1 (2 weeks out: 258)
UWSA 2 (4 days out: 260)
Real deal: 258

If i can give any advice, it would be to trust your UWSA 2 score. DO NOT doubt yourself, there is a lot of room for error and you will realize that when you give uwsa2. Secondly, do NOT take biostats lightly, it was always my strength so i never bothered revising it and during my exam i bombed both the drug ads and could not calculate a simple NNT value.
There is so much subject matter to cover that you will never be ready for this exam. The day you cross your goal score in UWSA's, go and take it.
Best of Luck to everyone taking CK and applying for residency. If anyone needs any help, i would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Oct 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Also how were ur assessment scores and how long before the exam? how was ur uworld overall?
i was 5 points off..
nbme 8: 210 (4 months out)
nbme 7: 236 ( 3 months out)
nbme 6: 240 (2 months out)
Free 120: 82% ( 4 weeks out)
uwsa1: 240 (2 weeks out)
uwsa2: 253 (1 week out)
uworld 1st pass 72% 2nd pass 80%

not sure what went wrong

Jun 9, 2019
Status
Medical Student
i was 5 points off..
nbme 8: 210 (4 months out)
nbme 7: 236 ( 3 months out)
nbme 6: 240 (2 months out)
Free 120: 82% ( 4 weeks out)
uwsa1: 240 (2 weeks out)
uwsa2: 253 (1 week out)
uworld 1st pass 72% 2nd pass 80%

not sure what went wrong
Oh wow those are great predictor scores. It was just one day of performance so don’t let it affect you.