Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I guys I just got my score and I PASSED!!!!!!! It was exact score frommy uworld Self assessment which was 230. I wouldn’t recommend wasting money on those NBMEs they are not accurate and can freak you out, specially if you lack confidence like me. Trust your instincts and good luck to everyone!! I’m officially ecfmg certified!!!!!!
See!!! Congrats!!! Btw!!! I only have CS left, taking it next month. How did you prepare for it? Any tips?

See!!! Congrats!!! Btw!!! I only have CS left, taking it next month. How did you prepare for it? Any tips?

Thanks! I learned all the cases from FA for Step 2 CS and the differentials. Practice, practice, practice. That is my only advice. Practice will make you feel confident in your performance and the patients will notice that. Of course always time yourself. This is the easiest test imo but still you need to practice.

Thanks! I learned all the cases from FA for Step 2 CS and the differentials. Practice, practice, practice. That is my only advice. Practice will make you feel confident in your performance and the patients will notice that. Of course always time yourself. This is the easiest test imo but still you need to practice.
Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you practice solo or with someone else?

Guys, I am literally freaking out!
I took my exam CK on 03/23/19 on a Saturday. I was thinking my result would be posted on the third Wednesday which WAS on 04/10/19... but nothing happened. My permit is still there, but when I click on it, it says exam has been taken or eligibility expired!!!

When I try to to re-register, it says “you cannot register blah blah and that if you have FAILED” all in RED!!! I have been depressed, it has affected my work! I can’t sleep, I can’t get my mind off it.

I feel terrible guys!
I’m sorry for the rant.

Does anyone have similar experience? Does Fourth week Wednesday result equal FAILURE . Pls your response is high needed.

Thank you!

Guys, I am literally freaking out!
I took my exam CK on 03/23/19 on a Saturday. I was thinking my result would be posted on the third Wednesday which WAS on 04/10/19... but nothing happened. My permit is still there, but when I click on it, it says exam has been taken or eligibility expired!!!

When I try to to re-register, it says “you cannot register blah blah and that if you have FAILED” all in RED!!! I have been depressed, it has affected my work! I can’t sleep, I can’t get my mind off it.

I feel terrible guys!
I’m sorry for the rant.

Does anyone have similar experience? Does Fourth week Wednesday result equal FAILURE . Pls your response is high needed.

Thank you!

I believe for Saturday it is almost always the 4th Wednesday as far as it saying you failed Ive never heard of it saying that.

No worries trust the practice scores my friend got it on the 4th Wednesday and he passed. Not by a big margin but he passed.

Reactions: 1 user
I guys I just got my score and I PASSED!!!!!!! It was exact score frommy uworld Self assessment which was 230. I wouldn’t recommend wasting money on those NBMEs they are not accurate and can freak you out, specially if you lack confidence like me. Trust your instincts and good luck to everyone!! I’m officially ecfmg certified!!!!!!
Awesome score Mary and congratulations on being ECFMG certified!! This definitely gives me a lot of hope.
Just a random question. About how many questions per block did you mark? Im in my final 3 weeks prep!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys with permits gone tried to apply for Step 3 or the FCVS trick to see if you passed? It should work for you either by now or by 1am EST tomorrow.

DrDeath, assuming you get results tomorrow, would you mind please confirming that you got them on here. I also took my exam on a Friday and my results are due dangerously close to graduation, so I'm desperate to get confirmation that I will get them on that 3rd Wednesday after my exam date. Good luck and thank you!

Last edited:
Took my test on the 28th. Got my score back today.

Uworld 1st pass (during 3rd year): 75%
Uworld 2nd pass: 82%
UWSA 1: 265
UWSA 2: 257
No NBMEs

CK: 263

I thought I scored in the low 250s when i walked out. Happy to say that UWSA 1 was the best predictor for me. Trust your practice tests!

I used Uworld and OME. I think the best way to prepare is to study hard during 3rd year and do well on shelf exams.

Reactions: 1 users
Took my test on the 28th. Got my score back today.

Uworld 1st pass (during 3rd year): 75%
Uworld 2nd pass: 82%
UWSA 1: 265
UWSA 2: 257
No NBMEs

CK: 263

I thought I scored in the low 250s when i walked out. Happy to say that UWSA 1 was the best predictor for me. Trust your practice tests!

I used Uworld and OME. I think the best way to prepare is to study hard during 3rd year and do well on shelf exams.
we took the exam on the same day, I wonder why I haven't received mine yet.....
also congrats on an amazing score

Got my score back last week, super unexpected and super stoked at the same time.

5.5 weeks studying total
UW first pass: 72%
UW second pass: 85%
UW1: 246
UW2 (1 week out): 246

Real deal: 263

My real exam was not that similar to UW in my opinion, but I do think I learned what I needed to from UW and used that knowledge to answer my test questions the best I could. UW and OME were the only resources I used

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everybody! IMG here.

I m 4 weeks out from my test and I 'm trying to schedule the dedicated period in my head. However I 'm in a bit of a dilemma so I figured I will ask here..

My main books so far are S2UM and MTB3, I 've took notes on them over my 3month part-time prep.. I m on my 1st pass of Uworld, so far getting a cumulative score of ~82%, with 1/3 of it completed.

My question is' with the pace I'm going(80 questions/day) I can finish the qbank like 2 days away from my test.
Should I just leave maybe 300questions in favor of reviewing or should I totally 100% finish Uworld and do no review at all?

Thanks for any advice!

Does anyone know how old the NBME exams 6, 7, 8 or the older ones like 3, 4 are? Wondering how useful they are likely to be. Anyone who's taken the real test, did you feel like they were worth the pain of trying to find explanations?

Hey everybody! IMG here.

I m 4 weeks out from my test and I 'm trying to schedule the dedicated period in my head. However I 'm in a bit of a dilemma so I figured I will ask here..

My main books so far are S2UM and MTB3, I 've took notes on them over my 3month part-time prep.. I m on my 1st pass of Uworld, so far getting a cumulative score of ~82%, with 1/3 of it completed.

My question is' with the pace I'm going(80 questions/day) I can finish the qbank like 2 days away from my test.
Should I just leave maybe 300questions in favor of reviewing or should I totally 100% finish Uworld and do no review at all?

Thanks for any advice!

You need to finish and review Uworld notes, this is the most important thing .. you can download Uworld cards or tables as PDF and add them to your schedule

Does anyone know how old the NBME exams 6, 7, 8 or the older ones like 3, 4 are? Wondering how useful they are likely to be. Anyone who's taken the real test, did you feel like they were worth the pain of trying to find explanations?

They are definitely useful!

Hi, I got 250 in uwsa 1(10days before)and 258 in uwsa 2(4 days before exam) result next week. what should i expect.

Got my score back last week, super unexpected and super stoked at the same time.

5.5 weeks studying total
UW first pass: 72%
UW second pass: 85%
UW1: 246
UW2 (1 week out): 246

Real deal: 263

My real exam was not that similar to UW in my opinion, but I do think I learned what I needed to from UW and used that knowledge to answer my test questions the best I could. UW and OME were the only resources I used
Congratulations. can you tell how you found the test. and what caused this amazing increase??

Congratulations. can you tell how you found the test. and what caused this amazing increase??

Thanks dude, go gooners!

For me I thought the test was way different from UW. I finished each block of the UW assessments with seconds to spare mainly bc i felt the questions themselves were insanely long paragraphs and the answer choices were often convoluted. But for my test day, I finished with at least 15 minutes to spare at the end of each block. Questions were shorter and I felt like I either knew it right away or didn't know it at all, which made the extra time in each block super useful.

That was just my experience, I think if you look through this thread enough times you'll find people with exact opposite experiences. But I do think that Uworld and OME is all I needed to prepare and answer the questions for the test.

Need some help, guys..

Exam is on May 24th. I took UWSA1 few weeks ago and got 250 and took NBME 6 today and got 230. That was a big blow to my confidence. Have to go over my mistakes. Does it still look promising to score 250+ by May 24th?

Need some help, guys..

Exam is on May 24th. I took UWSA1 few weeks ago and got 250 and took NBME 6 today and got 230. That was a big blow to my confidence. Have to go over my mistakes. Does it still look promising to score 250+ by May 24th?
take uwsa 2 after 15 days. you look good on course.

I got my score today around 10 am an IMG here.
it was pass (253)
same is NBME 7 253
NBME 8 :245
UW A 1: 252
UW A 2 : 245
the disaster was NBME 6 225 was reading from an offline UWORLD just had half of the qbank done and not motivated in december 17..
then took UWORLD online and just did Uworld till feb 19 , just single read only .
and passed with 257
i think i could have defiantly put more hours by at least trying txt book like step2first aids which i did not touch or check other banks but i did not have time.
my message is it is UWORLD, when you get any Question wrong look into the topic ( use timed mode) and learn the skills of how to approach the Q on the exam , I did not study stats and barely survived screening through the stupid 3 Q2 long drug research topics.
it`s 65 % knowledge and 35% technique , self confidence and ability to read the magic key words connection..
i always felt like i was rushed during the exam.
had nasty panic attack and anxiety. my last block had only less than 5 min to finish the last 10 Qs at 40 Q block.

if any one has any question , i am available to answer
and Question to you guys , why i cant see my performance at each specialty/ part of the exam compared to other. it only gives me an idea about my performance at each discipline against my own score

Hey can you tell me the timeline of your practice exams relative to the day you took the real deal? Thank you. And Congratulations.

Okay, thank you. I will. Should I not be worried about NBME 6?
i didnot take it, just took uwsas awaiting score. but i have seen and read almost all experiences on all forums in last 15 days. uwsas are predictive. avg of both uwsas to be safe.

Hey guys, I took the exam on April 4th and my permit disappeared this morning. I created an account on FSMB and as of yesterday I was ineligible to apply for Step 3 but this morning I can apply and pay, I'm assuming I passed as this is my last exam and a similar situation as @Maryvirginia12 .
If anyone can confirm that would be great and for those waiting for scores please check to see if you could do the same.

Hey guys, I took the exam on April 4th and my permit disappeared this morning. I created an account on FSMB and as of yesterday I was ineligible to apply for Step 3 but this morning I can apply and pay, I'm assuming I passed as this is my last exam and a similar situation as @Maryvirginia12 .
If anyone can confirm that would be great and for those waiting for scores please check to see if you could do the same.
i also took the exam on april 4th and my permit disappeared today. But I have only taken Step 1 yet.

Most likely you passed! I just received my ECFMG certificate today and I am extremely happy!

Uworld 1st Pass (didn't finish all questions before resetting): ~75% I think
Uworld 2nd Pass: currently at 83-84%
USWA1: 265 (2.5 weeks ago)
USWA 2: 268 (3 days ago)

Step 1: 252

Test date is later this week! I've been averaging the the mid/high 80s-low 90s on the most recent blocks, but now I have gotten low 70s for 2 or so back to back. Not going to lie it is freaking me out a little bit. Anyone have any experience getting some lower scoring blocks close to their exam date?

Edit: I will add that I have noticed that on those blocks in the 70s, about 1/2 of the questions I got wrong were all questions with <50% correct answers (anywhere between 13-47% right)

Hey guys, Just received my score and passed! Extremely relieved to be finished with this exam cause honestly I thought I failed coming out as is what most people say coming out and this was the worst 3 week wait in my life. I also want to thank everyone who has helped along the way. either with this thread and DMs!

UWorld 1st pass: 78%
UWorld 2nd pass: 88%
Amboss: 65% (minus the really difficult ones - used custom session to filter out)
(Exams are in order for the way I have taken them)
NBME 6: 239
UWSA 1: 221 (2nd guessed myself alot)
NBME 7: 233
NBME 8: 224
UWSA 2: 230

The exam was very difficult in my opinion, I know I got a bunch of easy questions wrong although my CK score was in reference range to my practice scores but I probably could've scored alil higher but I'm not complaining cause my exam experience was horrible. I felt like the exam represented UW in about 40-50% and the rest were questions asked in a way I have never seen before or things I have never learned (Thats from doing both UW and Amboss). I did have to educational guess and cancel out for the majority of questions not feeling 100% confident with my answer choices.
I used OME, UW, and Amboss for my preparation starting from Mid-January. OME is a great resource because it allowed me to easily cancel out choices I know were completely wrong. To me, the questions were on the easy or hard difficulty level with not that many medium level difficulty questions for what that's worth. Although UW is the gold standard I felt that Amboss questions were so hard it allowed to work on my stamina and endurance and it showed because I easily had about 10-12 minutes on all blocks except one which I had only 3 minutes left. I also thought their explanations were really good as well and I added both UW and Amboss notes of my weakness on a word document and studied them for the last few days but unfortunately none of the topics came on my exam.
Advice for the exam, know your risk factors cold!! Biostats on my exam did not have any formula calculations for whatever thats worth and they weren't too bad imo. There's alot you can't prepare but with OME/UW/Amboss you should be fine. Best of luck to everyone taking this beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys just got my score today which was a whopping 213. My UWSA 1 was 226 and UWSA 238 ( 2 weeks out!)
Do you think its a good idea to ask for a recheck? because my USMLE step 1 score was a 213 as well...

Last edited:
Got my score today.
step 2 Ck score 251.

uwsa 1 250 10 days before
uwsa 2 258 3 days before.

Did uworld once and marked and wrong once. read a lot of uptodate for the cases I saw while working.
Step one 250+.

Hey guys, Just received my score and passed! Extremely relieved to be finished with this exam cause honestly I thought I failed coming out as is what most people say coming out and this was the worst 3 week wait in my life. I also want to thank everyone who has helped along the way. either with this thread and DMs!

UWorld 1st pass: 78%
UWorld 2nd pass: 88%
Amboss: 65% (minus the really difficult ones - used custom session to filter out)
(Exams are in order for the way I have taken them)
NBME 6: 239
UWSA 1: 221 (2nd guessed myself alot)
NBME 7: 233
NBME 8: 224
UWSA 2: 230

The exam was very difficult in my opinion, I know I got a bunch of easy questions wrong although my CK score was in reference range to my practice scores but I probably could've scored alil higher but I'm not complaining cause my exam experience was horrible. I felt like the exam represented UW in about 40-50% and the rest were questions asked in a way I have never seen before or things I have never learned (Thats from doing both UW and Amboss). I did have to educational guess and cancel out for the majority of questions not feeling 100% confident with my answer choices.
I used OME, UW, and Amboss for my preparation starting from Mid-January. OME is a great resource because it allowed me to easily cancel out choices I know were completely wrong. To me, the questions were on the easy or hard difficulty level with not that many medium level difficulty questions for what that's worth. Although UW is the gold standard I felt that Amboss questions were so hard it allowed to work on my stamina and endurance and it showed because I easily had about 10-12 minutes on all blocks except one which I had only 3 minutes left. I also thought their explanations were really good as well and I added both UW and Amboss notes of my weakness on a word document and studied them for the last few days but unfortunately none of the topics came on my exam.
Advice for the exam, know your risk factors cold!! Biostats on my exam did not have any formula calculations for whatever thats worth and they weren't too bad imo. There's alot you can't prepare but with OME/UW/Amboss you should be fine. Best of luck to everyone taking this beast!

What do you mean by knowing your risk factors?