Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My dedicated for CK is 4 weeks away... so, simply put, how much review from step 1 do i need to do to prep for this exam? (Step 210-220)

If not, how should I work through it? Lowest shelf was medicine which was a 70 (i choked and also didn’t finish the uworld questions) Mid 70s-90s on the rest. Just keep up with UWorld, Zanki, and read SU2M or Master the Boards? And Dr. Dustyn.

My dedicated for CK is 4 weeks away... so, simply put, how much review from step 1 do i need to do to prep for this exam? (Step 210-220)

If not, how should I work through it? Lowest shelf was medicine which was a 70 (i choked and also didn’t finish the uworld questions) Mid 70s-90s on the rest. Just keep up with UWorld, Zanki, and read SU2M or Master the Boards? And Dr. Dustyn.
IM essentials > SU2M > MTB just my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just took the test yesterday and I am exhausted!! I barely slept last night just thinking about all the silly mistakes I made. I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait 3 weeks for the results. Is there any trick to know if I passed?

I got 230 on UWSA 1 and 226 on UWSA 2 2 weeks and 1 week out.

I tried to study as much as I could for the last weeks and I was in the 60s for Uworld Qx 1st pass and 70s-80s on the 2nd pass. I am trying so hard not to think about the test but I just can’t help it! Same thing happened with Step 1 and CS and I passed but Idk, I feel so unrested

Reactions: 1 user
Guys I need your help!

I just received my score report and my score is 229! It cannot be, all my scores were much higher! (uw 66% first time, 88% 2nd time, uwsa 1 :248 uwsa 2:252)

Also, all my subjects have the SAME score!!! I have never taken a test where all my subjects had the same score! I have some weakness and some subects that I am good. But all are the same!! How is that possible?

I called them and they told me I can ask for recheck, but I know that they haven't changed anything for anyone.

Has anyone the same problem?
my friend had a similar experience his scores were uswa1 254 uswa2 252 real deal 220 , exam day performance matters too !

So I just took the test yesterday and I am exhausted!! I barely slept last night just thinking about all the silly mistakes I made. I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait 3 weeks for the results. Is there any trick to know if I passed?

I tried to study as much as I could for the last weeks and I was in the 60s for Uworld Qx 1st pass and 70s-80s on the 2nd pass. I am trying so hard not to think about the test but I just can’t help it! Same thing happened with Step 1 and CS and I passed but Idk, I feel so unrested
may the luck of irish smile on ya!

IM essentials > SU2M > MTB just my opinion

When you say IM essentials, you mean the 500-qs green book, right?
It’s available on amazon. But my only concern is that it was released in January 2015 so more than 4 years old. Would it be according to the guidelines that are followed today? Do you happen to know if they will be coming up with another edition anytime soon?

Thanks

When you say IM essentials, you mean the 500-qs green book, right?
It’s available on amazon. But my only concern is that it was released in January 2015 so more than 4 years old. Would it be according to the guidelines that are followed today? Do you happen to know if they will be coming up with another edition anytime soon?

Thanks
its called IM essentials text and its blue , yeah its released in 2015 so is SU2M

UWSA1-244
UWSA2-222
Real deal-225
I am neither disappointed, nor happy. The hell is over..

Reactions: 2 users

Keep calm, my princess) I had also feeling of failure after this exam, and everyone feels in the same way. You will be alright.

Got my score back today.
241 (244 was avg)

UWSA 1, 2 weeks out I think - 242
UWSA 2, 1 week out - 252
Uworld average, 1st pass - 65%

Only thing i used to study was uworld and anki cards that i made from the explanations. <1week dedicated, but we take all our shelves during out outpatient rotation over the last 2 months of third year.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Guys,

I'm about to start studying for STEP 2 CK. Honestly very confused. I was planning on doing U-WORLD ( have finished the first pass with 64%) and also watch all of OMED. and also do the zanki 2 deck. have roughly about 6-7 weeks to study.

Just took the first NBME 6 - 211 :/

Can you guys give me some advice?

Appreciate the help

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I'm about to start studying for STEP 2 CK. Honestly very confused. I was planning on doing U-WORLD ( have finished the first pass with 64%) and also watch all of OMED. and also do the zanki 2 deck. have roughly about 6-7 weeks to study.

Just took the first NBME 6 - 211 :/

Can you guys give me some advice?

Appreciate the help
do subjectwise cms and uworld 2nd pass including the wrong options, evaluate your thought process for answering wrong and redirect it, make notes or Anki and review them repeatedly

exam in 2 days, I've been reviewing my hand written notes and marked questions. At this point I don't know what to do lol any input would really help

exam in 2 days, I've been reviewing my hand written notes and marked questions. At this point I don't know what to do lol any input would really help
did you just use UW?
I'm a month away and i'm freaking out. assessment scores are no where good.

When you guys say do 2 rounds uworld what does that mean?
I am did one pass and now doing my incorrects... so after fininshing my incorrects, does that count as 1 round?

Hey guys how accurate is nbme for ck?
Nbme 6-180
7- 202
Doing UW for second time-reset beginning of dedicated. 1st pass average around 50. Now its in 60s-70s.
I started studying about two weeks ago. Scheduled to take my test in about two weeks. I have below average step 1 and also did only average on shelf exams. I am aiming for 250 but with this score not sure if I’m being too optimistic. Should I delay my exam? :(

Nbme 6-180
7- 202
Doing UW for second time-reset beginning of dedicated. 1st pass average around 50. Now its in 60s-70s.
I started studying about two weeks ago. Scheduled to take my test in about two weeks. I have below average step 1 and also did only average on shelf exams. I am aiming for 250 but with this score not sure if I’m being too optimistic. Should I delay my exam? :(
250 plus is unrealistic considering your assessment scores , postpone the test

Nbme 6-180
7- 202

Of course delay you didn’t even pass ur nbmes...

I am 4 months from step 2 CK and just finished my first pass on UWorld at 68%. Any advice on what to do for studying from now till test day?

Nbme 6-180
7- 202
possible but delay ur exam. take a solid month off for uw and reassess after

guys, exam in a week
keep getting the feeling i am not ready
uwsa1 255 a month ago
uwsa2 256 5 days ago
what should i do?
i tried doing 4 blocks of uworld for practice time, have issue concentrating!

Hey guys! Yesterday I tried this step 3 trick since this is my last usmle exam before being certified by ecfmg and it let me create an account but then said I was not yet elegible for step 3. And now this morning it is letting sign up for step 3 and everything! I’m freaking out, Does that mean I passed?

Hey guys! Yesterday I tried this step 3 trick since this is my last usmle exam before being certified by ecfmg and it let me create an account but then said I was not yet elegible for step 3. And now this morning it is letting sign up for step 3 and everything! I’m freaking out, Does that mean I passed?
I've heard many people say it means you have passed but don't quote me on that because i did not try it while i was waiting for my score last month because one i don't see the point to stress over it and two i have not taken CS yet but i end up seeing my score before i even got the email notification because i woke up on the Wed i know i was supposed to get it and went straight to the ECFMG app on my phone and there it was PASS got the email notification 2 hours later.

I've heard many people say it means you have passed but don't quote me on that because i did not try it while i was waiting for my score last month because one i don't see the point to stress over it and two i have not taken CS yet but i end up seeing my score before i even got the email notification because i woke up on the Wed i know i was supposed to get it and went straight to the ECFMG app on my phone and there it was PASS got the email notification 2 hours later.

Thank you! It’s hard not to freak out, this is my last test before applying for residency and I have so many things to work on but have not yet done so because I want to make sure I pass. I have seem people do this trick but did not think it would work 2 days before scores being released.

Thank you! It’s hard not to freak out, this is my last test before applying for residency and I have so many things to work on but have not yet done so because I want to make sure I pass. I have seem people do this trick but did not think it would work 2 days before scores being released.

Oh and btw, my permit did dissapear on IWA

Oh and btw, my permit did dissapear on IWA
Most likely than not you did well and passed. I also am planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I did notice my permit had disappeared also a few days before my score was released but again we can't know for sure if it is directly related to a passing score. Good luck to you.

Most likely than not you did well and passed. I also am planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I did notice my permit had disappeared also a few days before my score was released but again we can't know for sure if it is directly related to a passing score. Good luck to you.

Thanks, It’s hard to think about anything else, good thing I’m shadowing in Ob/gyn so I can keep my mind busy during the day

I guys I just got my score and I PASSED!!!!!!! It was exact score frommy uworld Self assessment which was 230. I wouldn’t recommend wasting money on those NBMEs they are not accurate and can freak you out, specially if you lack confidence like me. Trust your instincts and good luck to everyone!! I’m officially ecfmg certified!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I guys I just got my score and I PASSED!!!!!!! It was exact score frommy uworld Self assessment which was 230. I wouldn’t recommend wasting money on those NBMEs they are not accurate and can freak you out, specially if you lack confidence like me. Trust your instincts and good luck to everyone!! I’m officially ecfmg certified!!!!!!
congrats can you please share your exam day experience, were the questions tougher than uswa2?

Test is very long and energy draining, I do drink coffee but not crazy amounts so I just took my normal capuccino cup very early in the morning. Also get many snacks, breaks are so short you won’t have time to eat anything big. I ate mostly sugary stuff to boost my energy and concentration. By block 6 I was exhausted but I felt that questions were easier for some reason. I used uworld as my primary study source but did watch OME videos every now and then. Qs were similar to uworld in about 40% of the test, some looked more like Step 1 and other ones I had not seen in uworld but could narrow to 1-2 choices. I did uworld 1x and wrong ones 1x also. Uwsa were pretty accurate. Did not take any NBMEs

Im not sure if this is a fair question to ask...but here it goes.

For those that have taken the exam... can you say what you thought was more "low yield" than you originally thought going in to the exam?

exam in a few weeks so the nerves are at a max

For those that have taken the exam... can you say what you thought was more "low yield" than you originally thought going in to the exam?

I wouldn’t say anything is low yield because you will most likely get different qs than I did. I did flash cards for some difficult to memorize subjects and nothing really came up on the exam so....

Things not covered in any up to date high yield resource tend to be low yield.

I wouldn’t say anything is low yield because you will most likely get different qs than I did. I did flash cards for some difficult to memorize subjects and nothing really came up on the exam so....
thanks guys! i know it was somewhat of a dumb question... at the point of studying where ive been through UW twice, now im going over the content second time around and memorizing, and find myself thinking... like are these crazy brainstem lesions going to be tested, am i really going to see the malaria lifecycle, how tough are these biostats questions going to be... haha stuff like that... just trying not to panic and realize that I wont know every fact about every single thing... tough pill to swallow

Wanted to give a rundown of my experience for this exam. I benefited from reading how others studied, felt, and scored, so hopefully this helps someone out there. I studied for slightly less than three weeks. I was planning on doing four weeks, but felt really acutely stressed and decided to move it up by like 9 days. I was feeling intense anxiety and thought that it was better to take it earlier and have time to come down from it before starting my next rotation, which is something I am really interested in.

I did finish UWorld, but went through the last 600 odd questions in three days; just zipped through them without too much thought. During the first part of my study time, I went through the online med-ed sections that I felt were most "high yield" (pulmonary, cards, GI, endocrine, and renal). I subscribed for one month because I felt like it was good content and I wanted to support it, but I didn't use any of the notes or extra resources.

Test day sucked. I was feeling so anxious that I couldn't eat anything the day before or the morning of. I took a break after every block, tried to gulp down water and a few almonds or literally anything. One or two blocks felt good (felt confident about 70-80%), most of the other blocks felt medium (felt confident about around 50-60%), and the last two block destroyed me (felt like I knew <40% for sure). I "guessed" (narrowed down to two or three and was torn and eventually just picked one) on a lot of questions, like a lot. Like more than 50%. I came out of the test feeling like I might have failed (really--I had to keep deleting my phone and internet history because of how often I was searching for "step 2 ck terrible", "feel like I failed step 2", etc etc). I really truly thought that there was a good chance that I had failed--for all of you thinking that, I promise that I felt it too.

By the numbers:
Step 1: 246
UWorld: 86% correct (went through it once prior during the course of the year during 4th year) untimed, tutor
Grades during 3rd year: mostly As (which doesn't mean much at my school honestly), with a little variation
UWORLD1: 269
NBME6: 263
Step 2 CK: 263

Today, I got an email at 11:00 that my score was available. And that sent me into a fit of terror. I was on rounds, trying to think about if or how I could check it. And then at 11:04 my resident rushed up to me, elated, because the 15 year old patient I have been following was getting a f*#king heart transplant. A HEART TRANSPLANT. She had recently gotten back from the OR for another procedure and wasn't doing well, and she was bumped up the transplant list. She is the nicest kid, guys. She needs this so much and will be so happy that she has a new heart when she wakes up. That moment was such a contrast, such a relief, and such a moment of clarity. There I was, terrified of a score on a test, and there she was, there her parents were--finding out that she was getting a heart. That she would be able to play and run again, that she wouldn't have to drag her milrinone around, that she could go to prom. I want everyone here who clearly cares so much (about scores, about residency applications, about grades, and mostly about being good, smart, kind and passionate physicians) to remember that these numbers are numbers, they are boxes to check on the way to something much, much more meaningful. Don't let them overtake you, define you, or discourage you. They are not everything. They're not nothing, but they're not much. I got a score, she got a heart. I got a score, she got a heart. Remember that she is the point of this, of all of this.

Reactions: 13 users
Wanted to give a rundown of my experience for this exam. I benefited from reading how others studied, felt, and scored, so hopefully this helps someone out there. I studied for slightly less than three weeks. I was planning on doing four weeks, but felt really acutely stressed and decided to move it up by like 9 days. I was feeling intense anxiety and thought that it was better to take it earlier and have time to come down from it before starting my next rotation, which is something I am really interested in.

I did finish UWorld, but went through the last 600 odd questions in three days; just zipped through them without too much thought. During the first part of my study time, I went through the online med-ed sections that I felt were most "high yield" (pulmonary, cards, GI, endocrine, and renal). I subscribed for one month because I felt like it was good content and I wanted to support it, but I didn't use any of the notes or extra resources.

Test day sucked. I was feeling so anxious that I couldn't eat anything the day before or the morning of. I took a break after every block, tried to gulp down water and a few almonds or literally anything. One or two blocks felt good (felt confident about 70-80%), most of the other blocks felt medium (felt confident about around 50-60%), and the last two block destroyed me (felt like I knew <40% for sure). I "guessed" (narrowed down to two or three and was torn and eventually just picked one) on a lot of questions, like a lot. Like more than 50%. I came out of the test feeling like I might have failed (really--I had to keep deleting my phone and internet history because of how often I was searching for "step 2 ck terrible", "feel like I failed step 2", etc etc). I really truly thought that there was a good chance that I had failed--for all of you thinking that, I promise that I felt it too.

By the numbers:
UWorld: 86% correct (went through it once prior during the course of the year during 4th year) untimed, tutor
Grades during 3rd year: mostly As (which doesn't mean much at my school honestly), with a little variation

Today, I got an email at 11:00 that my score was available. And that sent me into a fit of terror. I was on rounds, trying to think about if or how I could check it. And then at 11:04 my resident rushed up to me, elated, because the 15 year old patient I have been following was getting a f*#king heart transplant. A HEART TRANSPLANT. She had recently gotten back from the OR for another procedure and wasn't doing well, and she was bumped up the transplant list. She is the nicest kid, guys. She needs this so much and will be so happy that she has a new heart when she wakes up. That moment was such a contrast, such a relief, and such a moment of clarity. There I was, terrified of a score on a test, and there she was, there her parents were--finding out that she was getting a heart. That she would be able to play and run again, that she wouldn't have to drag her milrinone around, that she could go to prom. I want everyone here who clearly cares so much (about scores, about residency applications, about grades, and mostly about being good, smart, kind and passionate physicians) to remember that these numbers are numbers, they are boxes to check on the way to something much, much more meaningful. Don't let them overtake you, define you, or discourage you. They are not everything. They're not nothing, but they're not much. I got a score, she got a heart. I got a score, she got a heart. Remember that she is the point of this, of all of this.

By the numbers:

Congratulations for the excellent score!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience that really really helps! Big thanks for sharing the story I am really touched by the perfect ending and can not help crying for the little cute girl and for you!
Hope every one here has a perfect score!