Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my results back.
UW SA 1 : 259
UW SA 2 : 244
NBME 6 : 255
NBME 7 : 258
NBME 8 : 250
Real Deal : 253
Percentile : 70.8%
Best of luck to all of you

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I need your help!

I just received my score report and my score is 229! It cannot be, all my scores were much higher! (uw 66% first time, 88% 2nd time, uwsa 1 :248 uwsa 2:252)

Also, all my subjects have the SAME score!!! I have never taken a test where all my subjects had the same score! I have some weakness and some subects that I am good. But all are the same!! How is that possible?

I called them and they told me I can ask for recheck, but I know that they haven't changed anything for anyone.

Has anyone the same problem?
Man sorry to hear that I had a similar experience with step one. I underperformed by >20 points but I am a bad test taker hardly slept and didn’t feel as if the test had represented what I had studied. It sucks but you passed I personally do not know of anyone that has ever ordered a recheck.

Reactions: 1 user
trust your practice scores.. thats all i can say. I was worried last time, worried this time. Both times i scored between uworld and nbmes.
I posted a week or so ago with my writeup. Obviously ecstatic.
Ok lets say its possible to take so much lower than expected. Is it possible though to have the EXACT SAME performance in every field!! It's exact the same! I don't think it's even possible!
Fwiw, mine says same straight down as well. Its probably an error. I agree it doesnt make sense.

Last edited:
Here is what I mean. I deleted any information that can be considered sensitive

Attachments

• 20190227_112355.jpg
    20190227_112355.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 20190227_112337.jpg
    20190227_112337.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 20190227_112450.jpg
    20190227_112450.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 315
That must be because of the new format in reporting they must have gone away from the xxxxxx style and just put low middle high now

I’ve never seen it laid out like that. That’s weird
It is supposed to reflect your relative performance to your exam overall to show any glaring defects or strengths for future tests and in case you have to repeat it. So i suppose it might make sense in some cases. It also depends on how wide the margins are. Ie how badly do i need to do on psych relative to the rest of my exam for it to be considered a significantly enough lower performance?

Got my score back on the third Wednesday after the test.

Nbme 8 (1 week out)- 273
Medicine shelf- 94
Surgery shelf- 81
Psych shelf- 94
OB shelf- 91

Real Deal- 268

Studied over a month. Mostly did uworld questions. I finished third year on medicine. Used SUTM and uworld medicine for the shelf and think that gave me a great foundation for this test. It was a weird test and not exactly like uworld. Felt average coming out of it. Marked maybe 15 questions per block so there were a lot I was unsure of. I didn't study intensely because I'm going into a specialty that doesn't care about CK. feel free to ask questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Just posting on here because I was freaking out all night. Saturday tests are the 4th Wednesday. Took mine 2/9 and nothing, kind of forgot when I took step 1 on a Saturday it was also 4th Wednesday.

Good luck everyone!

Taking the test today! Ill update later, praying it feels a lot like UWorld as others have said!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!!! Can you share your prep strategy, thank you!!

I kept reviewing UWorld like craaazzzy.
Used mainly MTB for Medicine.
OME lectures for Ob-Gyn .
A combination of OME and MTB for Peds, GS and Psych.
The rest mainly Uworld.
Felt dazed and skeptical after exam and had no Idea how I had performed.
My suggestion : Put 99% of your focus and effort on UWorld. This alone ,guarantees 240+.

Reactions: 2 users
So im pretty out of it and my brain feels exhausted but i think I agree what everyone says... 70% uworld, 30% grab bag ( Some random step one genetics type stuff, some things I had never even heard of before, and then weird vignettes that I didn't feel like I encountered in U world). Now the wait begins!!!

Just posting on here because I was freaking out all night. Saturday tests are the 4th Wednesday. Took mine 2/9 and nothing, kind of forgot when I took step 1 on a Saturday it was also 4th Wednesday.

Good luck everyone!

Hii! I took the test 02/16 and my permit disappeared within the last 3 days, I checked it on last Thursday and I still had it but now is gonee! I have seen a lot of posts that if the permit disappears is because you are getting the score the next Wednesday! Im so nervous! Do you still have your permitt?

Hii! I took the test 02/16 and my permit disappeared within the last 3 days, I checked it on last Thursday and I still had it but now is gonee! I have seen a lot of posts that if the permit disappears is because you are getting the score the next Wednesday! Im so nervous! Do you still have your permitt?
So mine disappeared Friday (3/1) just because my permit expired on 2/28. I am eligible to register for step 3 now though as of yesterday, just note that that trick doesn’t work if you haven’t already taken CS.

When my CS results came out, the FCVS website updated to “pass” like the night before my final result came out. It sounds like it’s really similar for CK.

1) what is the FCVS and how do I get to it?

2) is it confirmed that the trick doesn’t work if you haven’t gotten your scores back for CS? I sat for CS right after CK so I haven’t gotten my score back for it yet. I’m expecting my CK score tomorrow.

Yes. I wish I would’ve gone through it another pass leading up to the exam.

Thanks man..It's really good so far, doing my second uw pass with it and to me its like pattern recognition at this point for me i feel like and its sticking more than ever now. Hope thats enough along with everything i studied so far.

I saw some of your posts when reading SDN, hope you kill your exam when you get you score back!

So mine disappeared Friday (3/1) just because my permit expired on 2/28. I am eligible to register for step 3 now though as of yesterday, just note that that trick doesn’t work if you haven’t already taken CS.

Got my result a couple of minutes agoo (239)! The permitt thing works! my eligibility period was about to end march/31

Got my result on third Wednesday after exam.
3.5 weeks of studying following medicine clerkship. All Uworld while referencing FA for Step 2 CK.

UWSA1: 240 (3.5 wk out)
NBME8: 235 (2 wk out)
UWSA2: 259 (1wk out)
Real thing: 249

Got my score today...245. Was hoping to be in the 250s, but I’ll still take it.
UWSA1: 244
UWSA2: 250
80% 2nd pass

I got my score today around 10 am an IMG here.
it was pass (253)
same is NBME 7 253
NBME 8 :245
UW A 1: 252
UW A 2 : 245
the disaster was NBME 6 225 was reading from an offline UWORLD just had half of the qbank done and not motivated in december 17..
then took UWORLD online and just did Uworld till feb 19 , just single read only .
and passed with 257
i think i could have defiantly put more hours by at least trying txt book like step2first aids which i did not touch or check other banks but i did not have time.
my message is it is UWORLD, when you get any Question wrong look into the topic ( use timed mode) and learn the skills of how to approach the Q on the exam , I did not study stats and barely survived screening through the stupid 3 Q2 long drug research topics.
it`s 65 % knowledge and 35% technique , self confidence and ability to read the magic key words connection..
i always felt like i was rushed during the exam.
had nasty panic attack and anxiety. my last block had only less than 5 min to finish the last 10 Qs at 40 Q block.

if any one has any question , i am available to answer
and Question to you guys , why i cant see my performance at each specialty/ part of the exam compared to other. it only gives me an idea about my performance at each discipline against my own score

UWSA 1 : 261
UWSA 2 : 253
Step 2 : 261
Resources: UWORLD , Uptodate subscription, CMS
Step 1 : 258
Also for anyone who has difficulty sleeping before exam, if this may console you, I could not sleep a single hour the day before exam. So try to sleep as much as you can, if not, still dont panic on the test day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Passed, not as high as I wanted but a pass is a pass I guess.
Nbme 6 ~180
Uwsa1 230
Uwsa2 245
Real thing: 235

Passed, not as high as I wanted but a pass is a pass I guess.
Nbme 6 ~180
Uwsa1 230
Uwsa2 245
Real thing: 235
congratulations thats not a bad score at all you should be proud! how did you feel the exam difficulty compared to uworld?

Last edited:
Just got my score back today.

NBME form 7, 2 days prior - 262
NBME form 8, 1 week prior - 252
UWSA 2, 2 weeks out I think - 269
NBME form 6, approx. 6 weeks prior - 241
UWSA 1, approx. 2 months prior - 260
Uworld average, 1st pass - 76.6% - did not do the questions a second time, but rather just speed read through all the explanations in the last 2 weeks. Would highly recommend that as opposed to wasting time going through the questions themselves again.

Step 2 CK score - 268

Overall Uworld 2 weeks out was pretty accurate so based on that data I'd say Uworld slightly overpredicted where I was at that time, and NBME definitely underpredicted, though not massively in the case of form 7. I also was feeling sick and not 100% on test day so not sure if that factors into things at all but definitely happy with my score regardless, I think getting sick and not getting enough sleep are things we stress out about but probably shouldn't. Maybe would have added a point or two but who really cares :).

Wow! That is an amazing score! I am taking the test on Tuesday and I am freaking out! I am an IMG, already took Step 2 CS amd Step 1 and passed both on 1st attempt. I find that for this test, even though questions are longer, they are more understandable than Step 1. Still, my test taking strategy is not the best, I got 230 on UWSA 1 and 226 on UWSA 2 so I don’t feel very good going into the exam but I don’t have more time. I already did Uworld untimed and timed, random and a 2nd pass of the wrong Qs while making some flashcards to read before the test. Any advice for me before Tuesday? I’m extremely nervous!

Just got my score back today.

NBME form 7, 2 days prior - 262
NBME form 8, 1 week prior - 252
UWSA 2, 2 weeks out I think - 269
NBME form 6, approx. 6 weeks prior - 241
UWSA 1, approx. 2 months prior - 260
Uworld average, 1st pass - 76.6% - did not do the questions a second time, but rather just speed read through all the explanations in the last 2 weeks. Would highly recommend that as opposed to wasting time going through the questions themselves again.

Step 2 CK score - 268

Overall Uworld 2 weeks out was pretty accurate so based on that data I'd say Uworld slightly overpredicted where I was at that time, and NBME definitely underpredicted, though not massively in the case of form 7. I also was feeling sick and not 100% on test day so not sure if that factors into things at all but definitely happy with my score regardless, I think getting sick and not getting enough sleep are things we stress out about but probably shouldn't. Maybe would have added a point or two but who really cares :).

Wow! That is an amazing score! I am taking the test on Tuesday and I am freaking out! I am an IMG, already took Step 2 CS amd Step 1 and passed both on 1st attempt. I find that for this test, even though questions are longer, they are more understandable than Step 1. Still, my test taking strategy is not the best, I got 230 on UWSA 1 and 226 on UWSA 2 so I don’t feel very good going into the exam but I don’t have more time. I already did Uworld untimed and timed, random and a 2nd pass of the wrong Qs while making some flashcards to read before the test. Any advice for me before Tuesday? I’m extremely nervous!

In your last few days I would focus on not doing actual questions anymore, and just focus on getting as many hard to keep track of facts in your head as you can. You could maybe just read the UWorld explanations in areas you’re weak on, or in areas that are hard like some of the OB key dates were for me. I would highly recommend taking at least a full day off before the test though. Remember that you have the knowledge - don’t overthink it when you get to the test. When in doubt go with the more obvious answer. That was the rule I followed at least :)

Last edited:
In your last few days I would focus on not doing actual questions anymore, and just focus on getting as many hard to keep track of facts in your head as you can. You could maybe just read the UWorld explanations in areas you’re weak on, or in areas that are hard like some of the OB key dates were for me. I would highly recommend taking at least a full day off before the test though. Remember that you have the knowledge - don’t overthink it when you get to the test. When in doubt go with the more obvious answer. That was the rule I followed at least :)

Thanks, I am going to take your advise! I am currently doing only wrong qx on hard subjects. I am going towards OB residency so ob and gyn are my strong but I am having a hard time with pulmonary and with extremely long questions. And yes, I will make sure I take a day off before the exam. Did you bring anything for the test like redbull or something or just small snacks?

Thanks, I am going to take your advise! I am currently doing only wrong qx on hard subjects. I am going towards OB residency so ob and gyn are my strong but I am having a hard time with pulmonary and with extremely long questions. And yes, I will make sure I take a day off before the exam. Did you bring anything for the test like redbull or something or just small snacks?

I just kept loading up on coffee, there is a gas station across the parking lot from my test center that I walked over to on a couple of breaks actually haha. I would definitely bring some snacks and drinks, as it’s a pretty long test day.

Took my exam 28 dec 2018. Got scores today: 261.

Left the exam feeling like I failed. Everything was a blur. Trust your practice scores.

Uworld: 1st pass 69%, 2nd pass 94%
Amboss: 69%
Kaplan: 76%
Kaplan simulated: 78%, 86%
CMS forms: 80-90% for all except psych; psych was difficult imo
NBME 6: 247 (3 months out), 7: 262, 8: 27x (low 270s) 7 and 8 done 3-4 days out
UWSA1: 290 (super inflated as I did zanki which covers UWSA)
UWSA2: 27x (super inflated as I did zanki)

I’m an MD-PhD IMG student who did the exam before completing any core rotations. I have only done 3 months of (med and surg) rotations prior to taking the step. Studied 1y part-time (during my last PhD year) and used it to ease the transition back into medicine after PhD. Have not done any psych, obs/gyn, or paeds. Did not find any one in a similar position as I was so just thought I would share my experience: it is possible to do okay even without completing core rotations although I would advice against it. Exam was very difficult and I left the exam thinking that the only thing that I could have done to improve my scores was more time on the wards.

Resources:
- SU2M and MTB (only used it as I had not been doing medicine for 4 years due to PhD so needed something to help relearn a lot of things I had forgotten)
- onlinemeded
- zanki and WiWA (very good resources; highly recommend; did both; WiWA is more comprehensive)

Step 1: 261 (2014; done during first year of PhD)
Hi

May I ask something please? My situation is similar to yours. Taking Step 2 CK soon. Are you referring to your UWorld as the %correct or your percentile?

Regards
J