I understand. The reason a lot of us are concerned is because we would hope not to be screened out pre-review of applications. The most recent surveys from GI Program Directors (I believe was 2016, but correct me if I'm wrong) reveals that about 60% of programs will require a "Pass on Step 3" prior to interviews. This is quite a bit of programs, which warrants a concern. This same data does reveal, as you state, that the score itself is pretty minimal in importance. My only hope is that the 60% that still look for that "Pass" will forgo the requirement at least during the interview cycle. Most, if not close to 100%, of people who match GI anyway don't have issues with passing the exam, given a multitude of factors (IM residents tend to perform better, applicants to GI tend to have higher step scores etc), so I hope the programs don't feel it is too much of a gamble to match somebody with the worry that they won't pass Step 3 in time for licensure prior to July 1, 2021.