I know ShiShiMD is certainly only trying to help, but I also caution the utilization of this information in making personal, life altering decisions; for example, if one were to not rank SYNY downstate based on an anonymous poster's comment of 'administrative problems', then I think that would be a poor decision. perhaps you dont want to go to SUNY downstate anyway, for geographic reasons, or you don't think it's a right fit. but to make major decision based on questionable tips, is also the wrong thing to do. You don't know ANY context for ShishiMD's comments. is it something he/she heard 10 years ago? is it the fellowship coordinator who has now left? is it related to faculty-only problems, or involves fellow too? most importantly, does it affect the fellow's training?
my institution also has horrible administrative problems ,but it was still the right decision for me to come here. so yes, as i said before, take these comments with a grain of salt.