*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2017-2018 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm retaking my MCAT at the end of July and was told to hold off on submitting my application until I got my MCAT score back. I've finished the rest of the application. Should I still be submitting it like now to get verified early or should I get it verified in a few weeks? If so, what are the benefits of being verified earlier on compared to submitting for verification in a few weeks before my MCAT? Or does it not matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I need some clarification on something. I was under the impression the earliest you were able to submit and pay for AACOMAS applications was June 1st. I just read this on AACOMAS website:
" May 3, 2018: AACOMAS application open for submissions
June 15, 2018: Colleges begin receiving and processing applications"

So does that mean that AACOMAS opened their applications on May 3rd to just input your information or does that mean you were able to fully submit on May 3rd?
I was a little bit confused on this as well. I know that you're able to submit starting on May 3, but idk what schools do from May 3 to June 15. Maybe that is just a buffer period for students to get all of their letters and transcripts taken care of? I'm just speculating lol.

When choosing the classes that fit the prereq's for the specific schools, for example, bio, should I select any class that falls under bio that I want to count for science credit or should I just add the credits that are sufficient to satisfy the requirement? Hope that made sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When choosing the classes that fit the prereq's for the specific schools, for example, bio, should I select any class that falls under bio that I want to count for science credit or should I just add the credits that are sufficient to satisfy the requirement? Hope that made sense.
I just selected the classes that fall under bio. I'm sure that after we submit, they have people to revise and check which ones count.

How come my honors course and repeated course does not have any special letter or remark on my PDF printout of my aplication?
Also for my repeated course, it is not even showing that it was a "Lecture Only" course...

I have repeatedly done the "Review and Finalize section" and on my print out there is no indications of my AP courses, Honors, or repeat course...

Is this normal? Please help and thank you!!

So I paid for the professional transcript entry and I did not see that it said to enter the planned courses before paying for the professional transcript entry. I have four planned courses that I need to enter. Does anyone know a way around this that I can enter those courses?

Hey everyone. I have had my transcript verified with one school, my burner one or however they word it on here, is it smart to go ahead add the other schools I plan on applying to? My MCAT score won't come for another two weeks but should I go ahead and apply to the other programs now or wait until my MCAT comes in? Thanks in advance!

I'm retaking my MCAT at the end of July and was told to hold off on submitting my application until I got my MCAT score back. I've finished the rest of the application. Should I still be submitting it like now to get verified early or should I get it verified in a few weeks? If so, what are the benefits of being verified earlier on compared to submitting for verification in a few weeks before my MCAT? Or does it not matter?
in the same boat. Will it be quicker or longer for them to verify applications late august?!

in the same boat. Will it be quicker or longer for them to verify applications late august?!
If this helps, since I had everything done I ended up just submitting it to get verified and was able to get verified in 3 days. Now once I get the score back, I can just update that and submit to the other schools.

When do med schools starting looking at letters of rec, is it after submitting secondaries or after receiving interviews? I'm still waiting on my school to submit my committee letter from them, which probably won't be submitted until late July. I've already received several secondaries already. Should I wait to complete them or submit them now?

Reactions: 1 user
So I dun goofed and realized today I mislabeled one of my individual professor letters as a committee letter (school has no committee). I'm guessing I can't edit this anymore though since it's marked complete. Should I send updates to schools telling them this mistake? They'll probably know it's not a committee letter once they read it.

So I dun goofed and realized today I mislabeled one of my individual professor letters as a committee letter (school has no committee). I'm guessing I can't edit this anymore though since it's marked complete. Should I send updates to schools telling them this mistake? They'll probably know it's not a committee letter once they read it.
I don't think you should worry too much about that. Just call the school and clarify and you should be fine.

When do med schools starting looking at letters of rec, is it after submitting secondaries or after receiving interviews? I'm still waiting on my school to submit my committee letter from them, which probably won't be submitted until late July. I've already received several secondaries already. Should I wait to complete them or submit them now?

+1, would also like to know. @Ham Sandwich, would it be safe to say I can at least submit my primary without my letters being ready?

I took an online course on Canvas Network from Rowan called "Introduction to Osteopathic Medicine." I saw it an email from Pre-Soma and thought it'd be interesting to take. There's no credits or anything, but I'm wondering if that would be a good thing to include in the "Continuing Education" section of the AACOMAS app. There's not really a certificate or anything, but there is a transcript showing that I completed the course?

Also wondering if schools other than Rowan would see that and look at me negatively because of it?
do we have to include certificate classes? I'm taking classes that aren't related to med on coursera but I don't want to put that on my app.