*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2017-2018 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yikes! I can't believe it is finally time to apply :) Just want to check... can I send my transcripts into AACOMAS NOW before the application cycle opens for next year? Or do I have to wait until May 1st when the application opens for the respective cycle? I know registrars offices can be painfully slow, so if I can be ahead of the game I would really like to be!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes! I can't believe it is finally time to apply :) Just want to check... can I send my transcripts into AACOMAS NOW before the application cycle opens for next year? Or do I have to wait until May 1st when the application opens for the respective cycle? I know registrars offices can be painfully slow, so if I can be ahead of the game I would really like to be!

Thanks!

The cycle for this year is still open, so you'll have to wait until May to submit your transcripts. However, you could start filling out your application because it will carry over to the next application.

If you put "No", I would be curious as to why you don't want me to contact the organization you were associated with, but then again they might be so busy dealing with thousands of other apps that they can't be bothered to wonder.

"...you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"
-Harriet Tubman, 307 BC.
Thank you for the help. I also wanted to know that. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread will open at the opening of the 2017-2018 application cycle. As dates from last year for reference:
May 5th was the day AACOMAS opened to applications
June 15 was when schools began receiving information from applicants.

Please use this thread to ask any questions specific to the AACOMAS application.

Ask away and good luck!

Last years AACOMAS question page is right here.

AACOMAS is collecting parental information for obvious puposes (creepy) while openly promoting DACAS. Is there anyway to skip the parental info page or is it mandatory? Do you have to provide absolute truth on your parental info with one hand your heart?

AACOMAS is collecting parental information for obvious puposes (creepy) while openly promoting DACAS. Is there anyway to skip the parental info page or is it mandatory? Do you have to provide absolute truth on your parental info with one hand your heart?

Never, ever take a chance with lying on an application like this.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread will open at the opening of the 2017-2018 application cycle. As dates from last year for reference:
May 5th was the day AACOMAS opened to applications
June 15 was when schools began receiving information from applicants.

Please use this thread to ask any questions specific to the AACOMAS application.

Ask away and good luck!

Last years AACOMAS question page is right here.
Can we start registering for the 2019 entering class on May 5th? Also can we submit it starting from May 5th or are we just allowed to input our information and then submit in June. First time applying through AACOMAS so I am a bit confused. Sorry

Applying for 2018-2019 cycle. When should I be complete if I want to be submitting early?

The cycle for this year is still open, so you'll have to wait until May to submit your transcripts. However, you could start filling out your application because it will carry over to the next application.

So it will actually save even though it’s for a different application cycle?

On the part that asks if you have any relatives who are physicians. I have an uncle who was a practicing physician but got in trouble with the law and had his license revoked- he’s obviously blood related so am I required to include him and if I do, will it count against me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m looking to reapply in the upcoming cycle as I will have either a postbacc or Masters to list my qualifications (already accepted at LECOM postbacc for 2018 and awaiting decisions at other masters programs. I realize that grades from these programs won’t b win on time to help me for 2019. if I get my AACOMAS application submitted in June and am looking to retake the MCAT in August, can I update the AACOMAS application after I get he MCAT score or indicate on the application that the schools should be looking for another MCAT score?
I know that it certainly helps to submit the application as soon as possible, but when is it considered too late to submit?

I’m looking to reapply in the upcoming cycle as I will have either a postbacc or Masters to list my qualifications (already accepted at LECOM postbacc for 2018 and awaiting decisions at other masters programs. I realize that grades from these programs won’t b win on time to help me for 2019. if I get my AACOMAS application submitted in June and am looking to retake the MCAT in August, can I update the AACOMAS application after I get he MCAT score or indicate on the application that the schools should be looking for another MCAT score?
I know that it certainly helps to submit the application as soon as possible, but when is it considered too late to submit?
I've always seen on here that Thanksgiving is still early enough for DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Since the application opens May 5th, if we have all of the components, can we submit on May 5th or do we have to wait to submit?

Since the application opens May 5th, if we have all of the components, can we submit on May 5th or do we have to wait to submit?
I saw on Reddit that last year it opened on May 1st and there is no waiting period like with AMCAS. I guess you can submit that day...

This is getting real!

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please explain this statement?

“From the date your application is submitted and paid, your DO programs can view your entire application in real time via their online admissions portal. AACOMAS does not release your applications to DO programs. DO programs will not begin receiving applications until June 15th.”

This seems super confusing to me. When you submit, can schools start reviewing your application right away? And if so, what’s the importance of June 15th??

Anyone know what to put for "Credits" on the course history portion of the application? The value options are "00, 25, 33, 50, 67, 75" and I can't seem to access their FAQ section. The website keep crashing after I clicked it.

Anyone know what to put for "Credits" on the course history portion of the application? The value options are "00, 25, 33, 50, 67, 75" and I can't seem to access their FAQ section. The website keep crashing after I clicked it.
Enter the "whole" number portion of your course credits in the box to the left of the box with the options you listed. Then the second box (which you mentioned) contains the decimal values. It's really weird. Here's a couple of examples. If the total course credit is 4.00 credits you enter "4" into one box and then select "00" from the other box. If total course credit is 4.50 you enter "4" into one box and then select "50" from the other box.

Thank you for the info, I was completely lost as to what to do with courses that have .3 units lol

Would there be a problem if when I started my application and the first pop-up was which program year I will apply to, and I selected Fall of 2018, but when I was choosing a school, the start date/year is fall of 2019? Is that going to lead to complications? Because I thought there were still programs to enter for this year.

Do they start verifying apps now if I submit mine today, or will they start verifying next month when AACOMAS sends to schools?

So while the previous cycle was still open, I decided to create an account to see what it looked like and fill in personal information. Now that the new cycle is open, it is saying that I'm a reapplicant even though I didn't submit at all. Will this reapplicant status show up on my application to schools?

Anyone else stressing out about not having their stuff ready to submit for AACOMAS? I have everything but my PS and experiences done but I need them approved by my advisor before I can submit but that probably won’t be done until late next week. I also need to request another transcript which I won’t be able to do until Friday because I work full time. Am I just being neurotic?

Anyone else stressing out about not having their stuff ready to submit for AACOMAS? I have everything but my PS and experiences done but I need them approved by my advisor before I can submit but that probably won’t be done until late next week. I also need to request another transcript which I won’t be able to do until Friday because I work full time. Am I just being neurotic?

you'll be ok bud :thumbup:

you'll be ok bud :thumbup:

I just don’t want to be waiting 4-6 weeks just to get verified from AACOMAS. But then again I don’t think many people have submitted unless they’re reapplying or non-trad given the fact that we haven’t even created a new application thread for this cycle.

This is for the 2018-2019 cycle.
I got my bachelor’s degree in 2016, then started premed classes. I will finish my last premed class this June.
So my question is: how should I classify those classes on my application? My uni classified it as a second bachelor’s, but I’m not completing a degree. I’ve always been told it is a post bacc, but there is only an option for
post bacc/teacher certification on AACOMAS.

For the "Experience" section, is writing who your supervisor is truly "optional"? Also does it matter if you select "No" when asked if they could contact the organization?
Did you ever get a answer to this? I am wondering the same thing.

has anyone been verified yet? my application status is still "received"

I am entering an activity I have been apart of this organization for almost 3 years but only have like 75 hours, how do I enter it in should I just put the number of weeks? or the number of hours and weeks to equal 75

I am entering an activity I have been apart of this organization for almost 3 years but only have like 75 hours, how do I enter it in should I just put the number of weeks? or the number of hours and weeks to equal 75
I would say the latter.

Anyone willing to look over my PS? I need to submit my application in a few days so needs to be quick turn around time. Thanks!

How can I fix this? I am very confused.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 12.44.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 12.44.17 AM.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 81
@sweetgingerr01 Have you finished inputting all of your coursework for your transcripts? Once this is done, it gives you an option to review and finalize your transcripts. Then you can go to to each program that you’ve added and assign pre-reqs in the pre-reqs tab.

Apologize if this has been asked - but for the "Experiences" section, how would one classify "research"? I was a part-time student intern at a lab. It's not quite healthcare--would it be non-healthcare employment?
Thanks.

Does anyone know how to enter a "repeat" activity (such as volunteering at a hospital every summer) in the experiences section??

Does anyone know how to enter a "repeat" activity (such as volunteering at a hospital every summer) in the experiences section??

It doesn’t allow you to like AMCAS. I just put the timeline and hours and if they ask about it, I’ll explain the times in which I worked.

For the "Relatives in Medicine" section, how are you supposed to do the Schools Attended tab if they were all MD?

So I need some clarification on something. I was under the impression the earliest you were able to submit and pay for AACOMAS applications was June 1st. I just read this on AACOMAS website:
" May 3, 2018: AACOMAS application open for submissions
June 15, 2018: Colleges begin receiving and processing applications"

So does that mean that AACOMAS opened their applications on May 3rd to just input your information or does that mean you were able to fully submit on May 3rd?

you could "submit" to aacomas on may 3rd but school wouldn't receive it yet until june 15. the only benefit to submitting early is getting verified early so it actually goes out near the 15th