This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Took the test today; reasonably difficult test. Some truly poorly written question stems -- huge lack of quality control on their question bank it seems.
Felt like Step 3 walking out (****ty).
Hope to pass.

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Took the test about a week ago. Blocks 1 and 2 were reasonable. I wouldn’t say easy, but reasonable questions. Block 3 felt like a completely different test. They wouldn’t give you enough information to answer the question or would withhold the one piece of info that would help. Block 4 was better or I had just given up by that point. Hope I passed! Good luck to everyone that is taking it this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the test about a week ago. Blocks 1 and 2 were reasonable. I wouldn’t say easy, but reasonable questions. Block 3 felt like a completely different test. They wouldn’t give you enough information to answer the question or would withhold the one piece of info that would help. Block 4 was better or I had just given up by that point. Hope I passed! Good luck to everyone that is taking it this week!
Was it more relatable to UW or MKSAP? Also did BB help?

Was it more relatable to UW or MKSAP? Also did BB help?
In my personal opinion, I think the test is right in-between UWorld and MKSAP. There are some questions that are simple one or two sentences like MKSAP, where you either know it or don’t. Then there are questions like UWorld that are tricky and you have to think about them for a minute. Unlike UWorld, not every question on the real thing is trying to trick you.

As for board basics, I’m a big believer. I did a thorough read the last 3 weeks of my studying and I really think that helped me in preparing for this test. If I could do it again, which I REALLY hope I don’t have to take this test again, I would read through that book 1-2 more times. I did skip the oncology section though. Low yield in my opinion.

Reactions: 4 users
I took it a couple of days ago and I am terrified with how “easy” I found it. Some of the question stems were short, unlike UW and MKSAP that had every single question with multiple paragraphs. Because of how short they were, I had plenty of time. I didn’t feel rushed. I went back and looked at questions I marked. There was a surprising number of first order questions. I felt very good after 2 blocks to the point that I decided to power through a third without a break. I felt like I was on a role. I marked about 10-15 questions per block that I thought were “difficult” and we had time to go back and review. All in all, really thought it was a fair test.

Reactions: 1 users
I took it a couple of days ago and I am terrified with how “easy” I found it. Some of the question stems were short, unlike UW and MKSAP that had every single question with multiple paragraphs. Because of how short they were, I had plenty of time. I didn’t feel rushed. I went back and looked at questions I marked. There was a surprising number of first order questions. I felt very good after 2 blocks to the point that I decided to power through a third without a break. I felt like I was on a role. I marked about 10-15 questions per block that I thought were “difficult” and we had time to go back and review. All in all, really thought it was a fair test.
What resources did you use to study?

Hello colleagues- my examination is in December. To be honest, had a failed attempt last year. Really struggling to keep it together but stressed. Took awesome. Have u world. Please give me any advice based on your experience. Things I could potentially focus on, pay more attention to? Thanks so much in advance.

Hello colleagues- my examination is in December. To be honest, had a failed attempt last year. Really struggling to keep it together but stressed. Took awesome. Have u world. Please give me any advice based on your experience. Things I could potentially focus on, pay more attention to? Thanks so much in advance.

Just took the exam this cycle so take my advice with a grain of salt since I don’t even know if I passed. From what I realized is most of the concepts tested are in the ACP Board Basic book. Study it and redo Uworld. I only did uworld once because I would remember the questions and answer instead of the reasoning but the reasoning is important. I finished MKSAP prior to dedicated studying during last 3-4 months of residency and did uworld, and reviewed board basics during the last two months while in fellowship.

If you’re just having troubles focusing, make flash cards and use that for review. Focus on the weak subject from last year first and then repeat them more often.

Just took the exam this cycle so take my advice with a grain of salt since I don’t even know if I passed. From what I realized is most of the concepts tested are in the ACP Board Basic book. Study it and redo Uworld. I only did uworld once because I would remember the questions and answer instead of the reasoning but the reasoning is important. I finished MKSAP prior to dedicated studying during last 3-4 months of residency and did uworld, and reviewed board basics during the last two months while in fellowship.

If you’re just having troubles focusing, make flash cards and use that for review. Focus on the weak subject from last year first and then repeat them more often.
Thank you! Did you do awesome?

What helped you study the most? Took it last year and failed. Taking it later this year. Very stressed so any help is appreciated! Please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did Uworld help?

I have no ties to UWorld (aside from being their loyal customer).

I would say, UWorld is a must have. I saw questiond on my test that were almost verbatim (with respect to either wording, or in concept) from UW. There were at least 20 of them. This was also the case with respect to the USMLE Steps 1,2,3, for which I also used UW.

I don't know what their secret is. They must be hiring people that are very close to the test, but they're hitting the nail right on the head.

The questions are hard and the stems much longer than the actual exam. But the concepts and material covered are right on point.

I would say, UWorld is a must have. I saw questiond on my test that were almost verbatim (with respect to either wording, or in concept) from UW. There were at least 20 of them. This was also the case with respect to the USMLE Steps 1,2,3, for which I also used UW.

I don't know what their secret is. They must be hiring people that are very close to the test, but they're hitting the nail right on the head.

The questions are hard and the stems much longer than the actual exam. But the concepts and material covered are right on point.
Thank you for this thorough answer! Do you have any other resources you would recommend? I’m doing awesome review also. Just overwhelmed! Take it later this year.

Not so much a counter argument as an equally useful/less anecdote:
I used nothing but MKSAP (although my initial cert is about to expire so it was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) and I would say the exact same thing about MKSAP, including having virtually identical questions.

Bottom line, pick something...run with it. You'll probably be fine.

Not so much a counter argument as an equally useful/less anecdote:
I used nothing but MKSAP (although my initial cert is about to expire so it was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) and I would say the exact same thing about MKSAP, including having virtually identical questions.

Bottom line, pick something...run with it. You'll probably be fine.

Do you have to recert in general IM?

Hello, anyone looking to resell their awesome review books and audio? Please kindly send me a message. Thank you. All the best to all of you!

Same here. I’m waiting for someone to post when it’s released but I think maybe mid-October results will be out?
That is what seems most likely based on years past. However, the paper given to us after the exam says that our results will be available within 3 months of the last test date. Seeing as there are two test dates in December, I guess it’s theoretically possible that it could be as late as March?

That is what seems most likely based on years past. However, the paper given to us after the exam says that our results will be available within 3 months of the last test date. Seeing as there are two test dates in December, I guess it’s theoretically possible that it could be as late as March?
I thought about that. I seriously hope they don’t wait that long. I don’t think they would wait that long, but then again they don’t really care.

Last year they received their results late September, but the previous years were October. I’d surely take October over March!

I called ABIM to ask when the scores would be released this year and if COVID would delay these results. They said the results should come out on schedule and that the December test dates would not delay the results from August. Take this with a grain of salt, but he did at least pause to act like he was looking something up.

Reactions: 1 user
I called ABIM to ask when the scores would be released this year and if COVID would delay these results. They said the results should come out on schedule and that the December test dates would not delay the results from August. Take this with a grain of salt, but he did at least pause to act like he was looking something up.

I guess it’ll be out in October then. The wait is painful haha

Found a post that had when previous scores were released. Added 2018 and 2019.

2019: Monday, September 30

2018: Thursday, October 18

2017: Monday, October 23 @ 1014am

2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm

2015: Thursday, October 8 @ 817AM

2014: Monday, October 6 @ 1059AM

2013: Monday, October 7 @ 323 AM

2012: Thursday, October 4 @ 814 AM

2011: Wednesday, November 2 @ 1033 AM

2010: Unknown

2009: Tuesday, October 20 @ 540PM

Reactions: 4 users
It is weird the wide range of days when they release scores. Hopefully this week but we'll see.

It is weird the wide range of days when they release scores. Hopefully this week but we'll see.
since I had extra time. I think it’s based off the last day of block.

Over the last 5 years, most were released after 7 weeks and 2 days after the last examination date. For 2 years it was 4 weeks and 5 days (2019) and 8 weeks and 2 days (2017).

If I would have to guess, mid-late October is when it would be released. Good luck everyone!

This wait is killing me! I can’t focus on fellowship :(

hopefully they won't delay till after december because a bunch of people have the test scheduled in december..

Hey there! I am in the same boat. Message me if you'd like to chat or want a study buddy!

I thought for sure we’d start having scores coming in this week! What is taking so long? The wait is killing me!

No email was sent but have to check ABIM portal - results are up!

Reactions: 2 users
Yup, score's there! Just a reminder for anyone that can't see their score, it isn't clear how they rolled it out. In prior years, some people were able to see their pass/fail earlier than others. Good luck everyone!

Says I'm certified on the main page, but the exam part keeps loading and is not popping up. Anyone else getting that?

Reactions: 3 users
Scores and full reports are up. I passed!

I passed! Still can’t see the score report as it’s not available yet, but who cares. I’m done with this beast for 10 years. The website is crashing as I think everyone is trying to sign in. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Super dumb question - Does being certified on the main page = passing ?

Super dumb question - Does being certified on the main page = passing ?

Not dumb at all. But I believe so. It said that for me, and eventually the "My exams" page loaded and it said passed, but no report up yet.

I have heard people say their report was up earlier in the day and now it's gone. So who knows what that means.

does this mean I passed? I only ask because another page states that my exam “hasn’t been graded yet”. Also I have a page that links to a certification letter which states at the bottom that I haven’t been certified.
Too much confusion going on right now.

Attachments

• 39C48DF0-051A-45D0-9B3D-FA892D4CCC47.png
    39C48DF0-051A-45D0-9B3D-FA892D4CCC47.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 290
does this mean I passed? I only ask because another page states that my exam “hasn’t been graded yet”. Also I have a page that links to a certification letter which states at the bottom that I haven’t been certified.
Too much confusion going on right now.

I passed and have a different window.

I would recommend going to the ABIM main website and searching your name. If it populates and it says certified then you passed. Otherwise I would wait to see if score report releases first. I wouldn’t assume that you failed. Might be delayed updating.