-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2014-2015*~*~*~*
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
list them as BIOL. the worst that can happen is that AMCAS changes the classification at no penalty to you (except affecting your sGPA of course)
Is there any way I can know for sure whether AMCAS will accept them or not before I actually submit my app? I mean, I am trying for next cycle...but since AMCAS has already opened now for this cycle, can I try putting it in (as a draft) and see what happens?
Is there any way I can know for sure whether AMCAS will accept them or not before I actually submit my app? I mean, I am trying for next cycle...but since AMCAS has already opened now for this cycle, can I try putting it in (as a draft) and see what happens?
No, there is no such thing as a draft AMCAS. If you submit AMCAS now, you would be a reapplicant next year, so don't do that.
You can always contest AMCAS after you get verified, and that would probably involve sending them the course descriptions for the courses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that it isn't required to enter future coursework, but can I just enter one of the classes that I'm taking in the fall? I plan to take biochem (my last prereq) in the fall, so I want it to be on my application. Can I just put that one class on my AMCAS for that semester, or would it be best to just put my entire semester?
I would put the entire semester down. Looks weird if you just have one "planned class" for the fall. Natural question would be to ask, "ok...so what else is he taking?"I know that it isn't required to enter future coursework, but can I just enter one of the classes that I'm taking in the fall? I plan to take biochem (my last prereq) in the fall, so I want it to be on my application. Can I just put that one class on my AMCAS for that semester, or would it be best to just put my entire semester?
Okay, one more set of questions (maybe). On top of a mountain of issues I'm having with my school's transcript office, I didn't really specify for them to send out my transcripts with the AMCAS request form attached. The form says to send them together, but I'm worried that they won't read the whole thing lol. Has anyone had any experiences with this and can offer some judgement? I want mine to be in June 3, should I send in another request?
This one may be silly -- does it matter if I put "and lab" or "with lab" on my lecture/labs? My transcripts say "with lab," but I see a lot of people using "and."
Finally, for freshman, sophomore, junior, senior designations, do we need to go by the credit rule? Can we just go by school year? And if it's the former, do we count credits from after our HS credit for freshman year, or including it?
Thanks!
This one may be silly -- does it matter if I put "and lab" or "with lab" on my lecture/labs? My transcripts say "with lab," but I see a lot of people using "and."
Finally, for freshman, sophomore, junior, senior designations, do we need to go by the credit rule? Can we just go by school year? And if it's the former, do we count credits from after our HS credit for freshman year, or including it?
Thanks!
Last edited:
I would suggest so
Always copy exactly from the transcript. Other questions have been answered in this thread already; don't be lazy.Okay, one more set of questions (maybe). On top of a mountain of issues I'm having with my school's transcript office, I didn't really specify for them to send out my transcripts with the AMCAS request form attached. The form says to send them together, but I'm worried that they won't read the whole thing lol. Has anyone had any experiences with this and can offer some judgement? I want mine to be in June 3, should I send in another request?
This one may be silly -- does it matter if I put "and lab" or "with lab" on my lecture/labs? My transcripts say "with lab," but I see a lot of people using "and."
Finally, for freshman, sophomore, junior, senior designations, do we need to go by the credit rule? Can we just go by school year? And if it's the former, do we count credits from after our HS credit for freshman year, or including it?
Thanks!
This one may be silly -- does it matter if I put "and lab" or "with lab" on my lecture/labs? My transcripts say "with lab," but I see a lot of people using "and."
Thanks!
Most people use "and lab" because the course name doesn't specify it included a lab. The AMCAS instructions say to append "and lab" if it was a combined course and the title does not already include that information. Since yours includes that in the official title, you're fine with "with lab".
No a university of Utah asked me for 7. I scrambled to get 2 ok ones in.Is 5 letter of rec's too much for one school?
I have my two science professor (i wouldn't include them if they weren't require by most schools), my current boss who i've worked off and on for about 5 years now, an MD who is writing me a really good letter and my graduate school advisor who knows me pretty well.
I took 2 classes in the last year for fun. One last semester, one this semester. These are my only two classes at this school. I already sent my transcript to AMCAS assuming my spring semester class wouldn't be graded by the time I had to submit. It looks like it will in fact be graded before then. What should I do? I want to submit as early as possible, and AMCAS has already received my transcript from this school, sans spring quarter class. I really don't want my application to be submitted a week later just because of this one stupid class.
Sorry if this has already been asked, regarding AP and dual credit:
My college lists 5 APs as credit on my transcript. I know how to write 4 of them into the AMCAS application. BUT, for one of those AP courses I also earned dual credit from my in-state university and I have a separate transcript coming in for that course. Obviously I don't want to list this one course twice, but won't it seem confusing if my college transcript shows this as an AP (and I don't list it) AND I have a separate university showing it? Since I can state the other APs as an AP credit, there's no grade attached to it. But of course, I have a grade from the university. The transcript will show exactly when I took that course and that it was a year-long course.
Do I show that grade, or both semester grades? Do I specify I took this course in F2008 and S2009 (as a hs junior) even though I only just graduated? (I know I need to get my transcript from my in-state university, but I haven't yet. But I'm certain it will list my course grade.)
Any lurkers here, trying to figure out this process and are also contemplating a dual credit course: don't do it!
My college lists 5 APs as credit on my transcript. I know how to write 4 of them into the AMCAS application. BUT, for one of those AP courses I also earned dual credit from my in-state university and I have a separate transcript coming in for that course. Obviously I don't want to list this one course twice, but won't it seem confusing if my college transcript shows this as an AP (and I don't list it) AND I have a separate university showing it? Since I can state the other APs as an AP credit, there's no grade attached to it. But of course, I have a grade from the university. The transcript will show exactly when I took that course and that it was a year-long course.
Do I show that grade, or both semester grades? Do I specify I took this course in F2008 and S2009 (as a hs junior) even though I only just graduated? (I know I need to get my transcript from my in-state university, but I haven't yet. But I'm certain it will list my course grade.)
Any lurkers here, trying to figure out this process and are also contemplating a dual credit course: don't do it!
I am a little bit confused about AP credit and year.
My AP credits were awarded to me the Fall that I entered so with my AP credits I was automatically a Sophomore at my institution. So for the year for my AP credits, do I put sophomore year?
My AP credits were awarded to me the Fall that I entered so with my AP credits I was automatically a Sophomore at my institution. So for the year for my AP credits, do I put sophomore year?
Go to this video tutorial: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/amcasresources/187300/how_to_enter_ap_coursework.html You'll see you should put the AP course as earned in the Fall 2013. It's not based on Freshman/Sophomore.I am a little bit confused about AP credit and year.
My AP credits were awarded to me the Fall that I entered so with my AP credits I was automatically a Sophomore at my institution. So for the year for my AP credits, do I put sophomore year?
I just ordered a copy of my official transcript and it has all my classes abbreviated. For instance, instead of "General Biology" it says "Gen Bio." (But when I look in the University course catalog, it says General Biology)
What should I put on AMCAS?
What should I put on AMCAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone correct if wrong:
You put what's on the transcript. Everyone has truncated class titles.I just ordered a copy of my official transcript and it has all my classes abbreviated. For instance, instead of "General Biology" it says "Gen Bio." (But when I look in the University course catalog, it says General Biology)
What should I put on AMCAS?
No; they will receive and verify (cross-check everything) separately once your AMCAS is processed after submission.Does AMCAS need to receive my transcript before I can submit it? I still haven't gotten it in yet and it might take a while because it has to be mailed from Canada
Put it as however many credits it shows up as and check the 'AP' box.My AP Bio and some other APs gave me credits for 2 semesters of courses -- do I put this as a full year course or just the fall semester of my freshman year?
Putting what's on the transcript sounds kind of weird because it says Intro Amer Natl Govt (instead of Introduction to American National Government)
If I want to make sure I can get everything submitted as soon as possible, when is the latest date I should submit my transcript?Someone correct if wrong:
You put what's on the transcript. Everyone has truncated class titles.
No; they will receive and verify (cross-check everything) separately once your AMCAS is processed after submission.
Put it as however many credits it shows up as and check the 'AP' box.
🙄 This is not about what you think or your opinion. It is about what AMCAS wants.Putting what's on the transcript sounds kind of weird because it says Intro Amer Natl Govt (instead of Introduction to American National Government)
pg 40 of AMCAS Instructions 2015: "Enter the exact course name in English and the exact course number as they appear on the official transcript in the designated fields. If the exact course name does not fit, enter a logical abbreviation. This information is critical for AMCAS to verify each course on the official transcript and for the medical school(s) to evaluate your application."
Anyone who cares to look at the course title will have the brains to figure out that "Amer" = "American" and "Govt" = "Government."
...isn't it logical that if you're looking for ASAP to do/send everything ASAP? If so, then: ASAP.If I want to make sure I can get everything submitted as soon as possible, when is the latest date I should submit my transcript?
Again, this isn't about what anyone "suggests" or opinions. AMCAS says these things clearly:Yeah I did that but it is also asking for me to say what semester it was done -- fall, spring, full year, etc. Which one would you suggest?
pg 38: "Assign Freshman (FR) status to Advanced Placement, Exempt, or CLEP credit awarded when you first entered college."
pg 43: "AP courses should be entered under the term in which the college credit was initially granted. If no term is designated, include with freshman coursework (FR)."
So if there's no designation of term on your transcript, it would be freshman and fall/spring/full year are irrelevant.
For the uninitiated, there is this huge document on how to do AMCAS:
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/182162/data/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf
All @gonnif and I have been doing is quoting from there and the FAQ.
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/182162/data/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf
All @gonnif and I have been doing is quoting from there and the FAQ.
Yeah, if it was awarded in the fall then you put it as in the fall...Yeah I did read that area. That's why I'm leaning towards listing it as "Fall" because it was the semester it was awarded. I can't leave it blank because it's a required field -- should I choose Fall then or "other term"
It's kind of difficult for me since I live 2 hours away from my university now and I have fulltime work so I'd need to take a day off. I just wanted to know in general when it would be good to have it in by.🙄 This is not about what you think or your opinion. It is about what AMCAS wants.
pg 40 of AMCAS Instructions 2015: "Enter the exact course name in English and the exact course number as they appear on the official transcript in the designated fields. If the exact course name does not fit, enter a logical abbreviation. This information is critical for AMCAS to verify each course on the official transcript and for the medical school(s) to evaluate your application."
Anyone who cares to look at the course title will have the brains to figure out that "Amer" = "American" and "Govt" = "Government."
...isn't it logical that if you're looking for ASAP to do/send everything ASAP? If so, then: ASAP.
Again, this isn't about what anyone "suggests" or opinions. AMCAS says these things clearly:
pg 38: "Assign Freshman (FR) status to Advanced Placement, Exempt, or CLEP credit awarded when you first entered college."
pg 43: "AP courses should be entered under the term in which the college credit was initially granted. If no term is designated, include with freshman coursework (FR)."
So if there's no designation of term on your transcript, it would be freshman and fall/spring/full year are irrelevant.
You don't have to go to the school. In fact, you can't; AMCAS won't accept any transcript not sent directly from the Registrar's office. You need to print out the transcript request form from your AMCAS app (home page, buttons on the right), fill it out, and mail it to your university's Registrar's office so they can forward one official one directly to AMCAS.It's kind of difficult for me since I live 2 hours away from my university now and I have fulltime work so I'd need to take a day off. I just wanted to know in general when it would be good to have it in by.
My school lists my AP credits lumped together under the heading "Test Credits." A few questions:
1) List the course name as "AP Credit: Biology" or should I put "Test Credits: Biology"?
2) If I have received credits for Biology I and Biology II, may I list it under a single Biology as 6 credits, or should I split it into separate 3 credit entries?
3) Regarding repeat classification for a course that I took in college...
-I had AP credit for Physics I and II.
-I then took Physics I and II in college.
-The college courses "replaced" my credits, so the AP credits are no longer included in the lump sum.
The manual suggests that I designate my college Physics courses as "Repeat." However, I'm confused on listing the AP credit that would be prior to the "repeat", since it is no longer part of my test credits. How should I enter these in?
1) List the course name as "AP Credit: Biology" or should I put "Test Credits: Biology"?
2) If I have received credits for Biology I and Biology II, may I list it under a single Biology as 6 credits, or should I split it into separate 3 credit entries?
3) Regarding repeat classification for a course that I took in college...
-I had AP credit for Physics I and II.
-I then took Physics I and II in college.
-The college courses "replaced" my credits, so the AP credits are no longer included in the lump sum.
The manual suggests that I designate my college Physics courses as "Repeat." However, I'm confused on listing the AP credit that would be prior to the "repeat", since it is no longer part of my test credits. How should I enter these in?
@moop, do you know how I should include my AP/dual credit class, as I mentioned in post #269 above? I didn't see any mention of it in the AMCAS tutorial.
I'm thinking I should refer to my state school's transcript for the exact course title, then list it as a Fall/freshman class, and then go with it as only one semester. I still need to check out my state uni's transcript to be sure they gave me only 3 credits.
I'm thinking I should refer to my state school's transcript for the exact course title, then list it as a Fall/freshman class, and then go with it as only one semester. I still need to check out my state uni's transcript to be sure they gave me only 3 credits.
Okay, hopefully this isn't a confusing question but...
All four years of my undergrad I went to the same university. However, during my freshman year i went to a branch campus. On my transcript there is no recognition that i went to this branch campus (the transcript has all four years of my attendance but does not distinguish branch and main campus courses). There is no difference between the courses at the branch campus and the main campus of the university (credits the same, etc.). However, the issue is that AMCAS lists my university's main campus and branch campuses as different schools....
Currently i have listed the two schools and marked that my branch does not have a transcript required and that i will not earn a degree from there. For my transcript exception rule i put the "Consortium/cross-registration program with no separate transcript available" option.
Is this the correct route i should take?? Or what?
Thanks!
All four years of my undergrad I went to the same university. However, during my freshman year i went to a branch campus. On my transcript there is no recognition that i went to this branch campus (the transcript has all four years of my attendance but does not distinguish branch and main campus courses). There is no difference between the courses at the branch campus and the main campus of the university (credits the same, etc.). However, the issue is that AMCAS lists my university's main campus and branch campuses as different schools....
Currently i have listed the two schools and marked that my branch does not have a transcript required and that i will not earn a degree from there. For my transcript exception rule i put the "Consortium/cross-registration program with no separate transcript available" option.
Is this the correct route i should take?? Or what?
Thanks!
Okay, hopefully this isn't a confusing question but...
All four years of my undergrad I went to the same university. However, during my freshman year i went to a branch campus. On my transcript there is no recognition that i went to this branch campus (the transcript has all four years of my attendance but does not distinguish branch and main campus courses). There is no difference between the courses at the branch campus and the main campus of the university (credits the same, etc.). However, the issue is that AMCAS lists my university's main campus and branch campuses as different schools....
Currently i have listed the two schools and marked that my branch does not have a transcript required and that i will not earn a degree from there. For my transcript exception rule i put the "Consortium/cross-registration program with no separate transcript available" option.
Is this the correct route i should take?? Or what?
Thanks!
Sounds right to me.
Hi!
Another disadvantaged status question: Is it okay to not declare yourself disadvantaged, even though all indicators indicate that you really are? It'll be clearly obvious from my answers to the childhood questions that I had an economically disadvantaged childhood. However, I really do feel that despite those economic disadvantages I've enjoyed other advantages that really helped me overcome the economic ones, to the point that I performed well in college. I wish there was some sort of space to explain that!
Another disadvantaged status question: Is it okay to not declare yourself disadvantaged, even though all indicators indicate that you really are? It'll be clearly obvious from my answers to the childhood questions that I had an economically disadvantaged childhood. However, I really do feel that despite those economic disadvantages I've enjoyed other advantages that really helped me overcome the economic ones, to the point that I performed well in college. I wish there was some sort of space to explain that!
If a school's website states that they require applicants submit 3 specific LORs (such as 2 science, 1 non-science) but then do not specify a limit on the number of letters an applicant can submit, is it acceptable to submit more than 3 (as long as the minimum type requirement is met)? For example, could I submit the minimum 3 specific and then an additional 2 letters from PI/supervisors/employer? Or is it bad application etiquette to submit LORs past the minimum?
I ask this because some school websites specify a MAX letter amount, while others do not specify such a limit.
I ask this because some school websites specify a MAX letter amount, while others do not specify such a limit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
Another disadvantaged status question: Is it okay to not declare yourself disadvantaged, even though all indicators indicate that you really are? It'll be clearly obvious from my answers to the childhood questions that I had an economically disadvantaged childhood. However, I really do feel that despite those economic disadvantages I've enjoyed other advantages that really helped me overcome the economic ones, to the point that I performed well in college. I wish there was some sort of space to explain that!
Yep, no one can force you to label yourself as disadvantaged. It's funny how so many typical students are desperate to find reasons to click the disadvantaged box when the applicants who have faced some real challenges focus on the lucky advantages they had in life.
There are plenty of places to tell your story. You can certainly weave it into your personal statement, but most secondaries will also have an "anything else?" question, a diversity question, or a question about a challenge you have overcome.
If a school's website states that they require applicants submit 3 specific LORs (such as 2 science, 1 non-science) but then do not specify a limit on the number of letters an applicant can submit, is it acceptable to submit more than 3 (as long as the minimum type requirement is met)? For example, could I submit the minimum 3 specific and then an additional 2 letters from PI/supervisors/employer? Or is it bad application etiquette to submit LORs past the minimum?
I ask this because some school websites specify a MAX letter amount, while others do not specify such a limit.
Does your pre-med committee (if your school has one) have a limit? I submitted 5 letters and didn't face any issues. Also, if you are uploading the letters individually (not a committee letter) you can direct specific letters to specific schools. So if a school has a maximum of 3 you can send it 3, if there is no maximum you can send all the letters. Unofficially, I was told that you should not go over 6. Others say nothing over 5, but I don't know that there is a hard rule.
Does your pre-med committee (if your school has one) have a limit? I submitted 5 letters and didn't face any issues. Also, if you are uploading the letters individually (not a committee letter) you can direct specific letters to specific schools. So if a school has a maximum of 3 you can send it 3, if there is no maximum you can send all the letters. Unofficially, I was told that you should not go over 6. Others say nothing over 5, but I don't know that there is a hard rule.
My school does not have a pre-med committee so I will be submitting all of my letters individually. So if the school does not specify a limit, around 5 is a good number? Thanks for the help!
My school does not have a pre-med committee so I will be submitting all of my letters individually. So if the school does not specify a limit, around 5 is a good number? Thanks for the help!
I don't know if it's a good number, but it worked out for me. I think it makes a difference whether your letters are all of the same type or not. I had 2 science, 1 PI, 1 non-science from my minor department, and 1 from my boss at work.
I don't know if it's a good number, but it worked out for me. I think it makes a difference whether your letters are all of the same type or not. I had 2 science, 1 PI, 1 non-science from my minor department, and 1 from my boss at work.
Ya, definitely. I have 2 science, 1 non-science, 1 PI, 1 volunteer-coordinator, 1 MD physician, and 1 employer so I have a lot of options to choose from. I'll just have to decide what to send to specific schools with limits, but wanted to cover my bases with those schools without limits.
Okay, so I read the AMCAS Official Guidebook about this, but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly and that it applies for my situation:
I asked an employer for a letter; it is not required by any schools, but I thought that it might strengthen my application. However, I am unsure if this letter will actually be submitted, as I have no way to get a hold of him and remind him to submit it. Therefore, is it okay if I do not assign his letter to any schools right now but keep it listed on my application, and then assign schools to receive it AFTER my application has been verified?
I asked an employer for a letter; it is not required by any schools, but I thought that it might strengthen my application. However, I am unsure if this letter will actually be submitted, as I have no way to get a hold of him and remind him to submit it. Therefore, is it okay if I do not assign his letter to any schools right now but keep it listed on my application, and then assign schools to receive it AFTER my application has been verified?
Can you submit the AMCAS application without assigning a school and then once verified, add all the schools you want the application sent to? Or do you have to have at least one school selected and then you can add more after verification?
I would like to submit my application on day 1, however, I may not have all my LORs in by June. And some of these letters are "required" letters, like science faculty. They are just being slow (3+ months waiting on them). Everything else in my application will be ready by June.
I would like to submit my application on day 1, however, I may not have all my LORs in by June. And some of these letters are "required" letters, like science faculty. They are just being slow (3+ months waiting on them). Everything else in my application will be ready by June.
Thanks! I personally do not like the pre health committee at my school, but I suppose they are "well organized with a large premed program". The only issue is hassle my recommenders to mail the letters since my committee will not allow me to send it via Interfolio. I already feel like I've bothered some of the doc's I'm asking…any suggestions on how I should approach this?
Purchase an envelope, write the address on there, and put the stamp on there. That should take away all of the hassle.
Can you submit the AMCAS application without assigning a school and then once verified, add all the schools you want the application sent to? Or do you have to have at least one school selected and then you can add more after verification?
I would like to submit my application on day 1, however, I may not have all my LORs in by June. And some of these letters are "required" letters, like science faculty. They are just being slow (3+ months waiting on them). Everything else in my application will be ready by June.
You have to select one school, but you can add as many as you want after you're verified. You should absolutely submit before all of your letters are in.
I have a question about AP credit assigning - I've looked through this thread and the videos AMCAS posted and still don't think I have an answer.
On my transcript, the AP grades were assigned to a class. So for AP Calc, since I got a 5, I got credit for "Calculus I" which is MATH 221 and "100+ Level Course" which is MATH 1XX. Do I list those both as "AP Credit: Calculus" and "AP Credit: 100+ Level Course"? Or just "AP Credit: Calculus" once for 8 credits?
For biology I have a similar question. I got a 4, so it was assigned to one of our intro classes and now appears on my transcript as "Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol" which is BIOL 118 - do I just write it as "AP Credit: Biology" or as it appears on my transcript - "AP Credit: Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol"?
Finally, for all of these classes I have a grade corresponding to my grade on the AP exam. So for the math ones I have a "TA" and for bio I have a "TB". Do I put those, or since they're not real grades do I leave them out?
Thanks, and sorry if this sounds stupid I just don't want to mess this up.
On my transcript, the AP grades were assigned to a class. So for AP Calc, since I got a 5, I got credit for "Calculus I" which is MATH 221 and "100+ Level Course" which is MATH 1XX. Do I list those both as "AP Credit: Calculus" and "AP Credit: 100+ Level Course"? Or just "AP Credit: Calculus" once for 8 credits?
For biology I have a similar question. I got a 4, so it was assigned to one of our intro classes and now appears on my transcript as "Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol" which is BIOL 118 - do I just write it as "AP Credit: Biology" or as it appears on my transcript - "AP Credit: Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol"?
Finally, for all of these classes I have a grade corresponding to my grade on the AP exam. So for the math ones I have a "TA" and for bio I have a "TB". Do I put those, or since they're not real grades do I leave them out?
Thanks, and sorry if this sounds stupid I just don't want to mess this up.
Course names should match the transcript exactly. This was answered just a couple of posts before yours.I have a question about AP credit assigning - I've looked through this thread and the videos AMCAS posted and still don't think I have an answer.
On my transcript, the AP grades were assigned to a class. So for AP Calc, since I got a 5, I got credit for "Calculus I" which is MATH 221 and "100+ Level Course" which is MATH 1XX. Do I list those both as "AP Credit: Calculus" and "AP Credit: 100+ Level Course"? Or just "AP Credit: Calculus" once for 8 credits?
For biology I have a similar question. I got a 4, so it was assigned to one of our intro classes and now appears on my transcript as "Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol" which is BIOL 118 - do I just write it as "AP Credit: Biology" or as it appears on my transcript - "AP Credit: Intro to Cell & Molecular Biol"?
Finally, for all of these classes I have a grade corresponding to my grade on the AP exam. So for the math ones I have a "TA" and for bio I have a "TB". Do I put those, or since they're not real grades do I leave them out?
Thanks, and sorry if this sounds stupid I just don't want to mess this up.
Okay sorry - I just wanted to make sure, I had spoken to others and heard to go by generic names. Any idea as far as the grading goes?Course names should match the transcript exactly. This was answered just a couple of posts before yours.
You leave it blank if your transcript has no grade, check the 'AP' box. Again, double check this with the instructions manual.Okay sorry - I just wanted to make sure, I had spoken to others and heard to go by generic names. Any idea as far as the grading goes?
For courses that are WP, should you put down zero hours gained, or should you put the number that you would've gained if you had completed the course?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question about adding graduate schools:
I'll be attending a one-year program this next year while I'm applying. I haven't currently taken any courses yet (so no transcripts or anything), but do I need to add the institution on my AMCAS? I was under the impression that there would be a "current school" section. 🙁
Thanks in advance!!!
I'll be attending a one-year program this next year while I'm applying. I haven't currently taken any courses yet (so no transcripts or anything), but do I need to add the institution on my AMCAS? I was under the impression that there would be a "current school" section. 🙁
Thanks in advance!!!
Sorry if this is a repost, but a couple questions about the activities section.
How do I list my activity if it is two of the options? In my case, it is a volunteer organization and a leadership position. I have this with two of my activities, with one of my leadership positions being the president and the other being like the pledge parent of my fraternity.
How do I list multiple shadowing experiences in the same activity in regards to the contact info and dates of shadowing?
If I do not have the contact information for an activity or if there is no contact person, then what do I do?
Thanks!
How do I list my activity if it is two of the options? In my case, it is a volunteer organization and a leadership position. I have this with two of my activities, with one of my leadership positions being the president and the other being like the pledge parent of my fraternity.
How do I list multiple shadowing experiences in the same activity in regards to the contact info and dates of shadowing?
If I do not have the contact information for an activity or if there is no contact person, then what do I do?
Thanks!
I know we're discouraged from mentioning high school anywhere in our application, but what if i had a meaningful experience i'd like to list in the work section?
I was a tutor/mentor for high risk preteens in the inner city of San Francisco and I helped run a girl's group to talk about sexuality, puberty, birth control, etc. Should I not enter it in that section? Is there a better section to mention it in?
I was a tutor/mentor for high risk preteens in the inner city of San Francisco and I helped run a girl's group to talk about sexuality, puberty, birth control, etc. Should I not enter it in that section? Is there a better section to mention it in?
Can you submit the AMCAS application without assigning a school and then once verified, add all the schools you want the application sent to? Or do you have to have at least one school selected and then you can add more after verification?
I would like to submit my application on day 1, however, I may not have all my LORs in by June. And some of these letters are "required" letters, like science faculty. They are just being slow (3+ months waiting on them). Everything else in my application will be ready by June.
you need a school.
Also, one more question for the activities - How do you recognize that you are still participating in the activity currently and in the future?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K