1) This summer, I am heading to a developing country for 8 weeks. For 5 weeks, I will be volunteering at an orphanage. For two weeks, I will be at a local hospital, where I will be actively involved. For a final week, I will be working on a campaign to raise money for this organization.
- Should I list this/how should I list this? (I visited this country/orphanage previously for two weeks on a service trip, and I am listing that as one of my experiences.)
- I am thinking that I should combine the two experiences under something like "Service and Medical Experience in CountryX" and use separate dates. Advice/thoughts??
- One professor suggested that I consider waiting until the end of July to submit my application so that this experience will be under my belt, as it will be very beneficial to my application. However, I feel like it can be addressed in secondaries, and it will be more important to get my application submitted sooner rather than later.
2) I have been hired to a position on my college's Residence Life staff for next year. This was a very selective hiring process and is an important position about which I am incredibly excited.
- Again, should I list this/how should I list this? (I have never been on ResLife staff previously.)
- I really didn't think about adding it at all until seeing other comments about including future positions in the work/activities section.