Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I vote for the first option. The second would have the acronym appearing several typed lines above the full name typed out, which would be confusing.The organization that hosts these conferences has a very long name and thus I need to use its acronym in the description space. However, the name is so long that I cannot fit both the name and its acronym in parenthesis in neither the Organization Name space nor the Experience Name space. I've thought of some possible solutions:
1.) The organization has the word, "international" in it. So, maybe I could abbreviate international as Int'l (or some other way) in the Organization Name space, which would allow me to write the name plus its acronym in parenthesis.
2.) Use the organization's acronym in the Experience Name space, write the organization's full name in the Organization Name space, and hope adcoms make the connection between the two
Would you suggest any of these?
The categories aren't everything, and you don't need to hit a quota for each one or anything...they're a quick-glance guide for the adcoms. But remember, adcoms aren't dumb, and they can read. If you put information in the title, it's still right there for them!